FE10 Tierlist 2017

On HM getting Edward to level 17 by the end of Part 1 on an efficient playthrough is quite the feat IMO- and 3 levels of BEXP is a lot considering how stingy Hard Mode is with it especially in Part 1.

It's pretty doable if you're efficient, or even low turning, and even before 1-E. I even recall having a lv. 15 Leonardo at 1-7. Bexp is inderstandable, though.

= EDIT =

It is not doable when you want to train the whole army or 5 units at the same time, like Nolan, Jill, Zihark, Volug and whoever else you want. It seems as if HM has a formula that implicitly has set units to be used.

Edited by Quintessence

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you guys say Zihark, Nolan and Jill ending good is normal, and any other unit is labeled as favoritism?

Because those units start out good. Starting out good = easier to give EXP to. Easier to give EXP to = will end up better.

You have force kills for Edward for him to manage. With those other units, you don't need to force anything because you'll actually want to be using them for the early game anyway.

Playing efficiently early game is just as important as mid/late game. I don't know why the early game doesn't matter. It's the hardest part of the game.

On HM getting Edward to level 17 by the end of Part 1 on an efficient playthrough is quite the feat IMO- and 3 levels of BEXP is a lot considering how stingy Hard Mode is with it especially in Part 1.

This.

As I said before, on NM Edward is decent enough. Zihark's still better overall just because little investment > more investment. Sure, Edward is a bit better past 20/5 or so but in NM zihark is powerful enough anyway -- there isn't anything Edward can do that Zihark cannot and Zihark has far more avoid.

On Hard mode avoid is even more important and training Edward is far more difficult and more trouble than its worth. Units like Jill/Nolan are missing out on EXP/investment if you try to funnel a massive amount into him. 3 levels of BEXP is almost all of your BEXP in part 1 as well.

You forget dluna, Edward caps on stats at level 17 making him ripe for bexp for 3 levels. Those 3 levels are enough. To make him better than zihark because the only stats he can get from bexp is strength, defense, luck and resistance. All of which will make him more competent than zihark.OK 4 speed is nice, but 1 laguz kill with paragon is a level. The difference between them is pretty negligible after that point with Edward getting less garbage levels. Especially when you consider that earth affinity is everywhere in the dawn brigade. Like I said, zihark is better, but it's not a huge gap.

In other words, zihark isn't as good as people say or Edward isn't as bad.

Not a huge gap in NM no. On HM though it's really significant.

Although even with BEXP the point still stands that Edward isn't really better. A couple more points of DEF is not going to make him survive another attack. A couple points of STR will not let him kill anything Zihark cannot.

Zihark borderline doubles cats as well. Edward cannot.

Edited by DLuna

Because those units start out good. Starting out good = easier to give EXP to. Easier to give EXP to = will end up better.

You have force kills for Edward for him to manage. With those other units, you don't need to force anything because you'll actually want to be using them for the early game anyway.

This.

As I said before, on NM Edward is decent enough. Zihark's still better overall just because littlle investment > more investment. Sure, Edward is a bit better past 20/5 or so but in NM zihark is powerful enough anyway -- there isn't anything Edward can do that Zihark cannot which Zihark has far more avoid.

On Hard mode avoid is even more important and training adward is far more difficult and more trouble than its worth. Units like Jill/Nolan are missing out on EXP/investment if you try to funnel a massive amount into him. 3 levels of BEXP is almost all of your BEXP in part 1 as well.

Not a huge gap in NM no. On HM though it's really significant.

Wrong, FE6 Marcus starts out good and pretty competent and doesn't end up better than training any other cav.

Also, read my edit.

= EDIT =

I see quite hilarious that you guys defend vehemently that using some units is not favoritism and others are, just because they have an extra something to do. Edward's only issue in HM is that the player doesn't have a wider statistical control over it due to the lack of Battle Saves and the less abundant exp. He doesn't have any gap with Zihark on NM, the difference they have in HM is the exp reduction, but is not the huge gap you guys say.

Edited by Quintessence

Why do you guys say Zihark, Nolan and Jill ending good is normal, and any other unit is labeled as favoritism?

To get Edward to Zihark's (base) level, you have to adapt how you tackle the maps in order to maximize his XP gain. Augestein isn't wrong about how Edward can catch up to Zihark statwise at a lower level, but 1) unlike Edward, it's not exactly an effort to feed Zihark kills, 2) the difference after the training is much smaller than Zihark's lead when he joins and 3) as soon as they reach the next BEXP zone, Eddy's advantage will probably shrink as Zihark should reach his Str cap rather quicky, too.

For the record, though: The difference between my votes for Zihark and Edward is 8-5=3, between Titania and Fiona it's 9.5-1=8.5 ;) I really don't thnk Edward is a bad unit, even though he's probably even harder to raise on HM (my only attempt at HM faded out somewhere in pt.3 because fuck those hidden enemy ranges make the game tedious). In my scale, even a 3 or 3.5 translates into 'quite hard to raise but the potential is there' (for example Rolf and Makalov) or 'useful for a while, but gets less impressive over time' (Lethe, Lucia).

Fake Edit: Damn, I'm slow. :D

Real edit:

Wrong, FE6 Marcus starts out good and pretty competent and doesn't end up better than training any other cav.

Come on, that's not a valid comparison at all. Marcus' base stats are horribly low compared to Alance or even Treck/Noah as a 15/1 or even 20/1 Paladin and his growth rates are complete garbage. Edward's advantage at identical levels, even with optimal BEXP use, is noteable, but not even nearly as huge.

Edited by ping

I meant when both are same level, and in the longrun.

This is an explanation that Zihark is a better front unit in Edward in part 3 (what I also agreed in my post), but it didn't answer my question why Edward is bad in HM in general.

Also as I mentioned 45 avoid sounds amazing at first, but it's still no guarantee that Zihark will dodge everything. In 3-13 with worst biorythm and against the Laguz who have +15 hitrate, he has only +20 evasion. Resolve doesn't have to be triggered. Zihark only will be safe in 3-6 and in 3-12 if each shot will bring him down to resolve mode immediately.

So then why does Edward get a more favorable score, when edward surpasses zihark? Edward is superior in the long run, which is when they are both at the same level, as stated above. Thing is, When Zihark is level 6, Edward is not going to be level 20/1, not even with those bexp levels. Not unless Edward is getting severe favoritism, in that case of course edward is going to perform better. But the again, I could dump all the favoritism on another unit, who gets more out of it.

in HM Edwards start is far to shaky to be able to get going effectively, which means he'll always be trailing behind Zihark since Zihark has the bases to be good from the getgo. Zihark is able to function not only on PP, but also on EP, which racks in more Exp than Edward, who you yourself said is an PP only unit. Getting Exp during PP and EP is going to be better than just on PP. Which leads to Zihark only extending his lead so the magical point where they are the same level, and Edward becomes better in the long run, doesn't come along in HM.

Zihark has base stats, which are way more valuable. Nolan yields beter results than edward with the same investment, can get 1-2 range, better forges and has more durability. Jill has a terribly shaky start, but investing resources in her is the most cost effective thing you can do since no one improves as much as Jill because of her inherent advantages.

To get Edward to Zihark's (base) level, you have to adapt how you tackle the maps in order to maximize his XP gain. Augestein isn't wrong about how Edward can catch up to Zihark statwise at a lower level, but 1) unlike Edward, it's not exactly an effort to feed Zihark kills, 2) the difference after the training is much smaller than Zihark's lead when he joins and 3) as soon as they reach the next BEXP zone, Eddy's advantage will probably shrink as Zihark should reach his Str cap rather quicky, too.

For the record, though: The difference between my votes for Zihark and Edward is 8-5=3, between Titania and Fiona it's 9.5-1=8.5 ;) I really don't thnk Edward is a bad unit, even though he's probably even harder to raise on HM (my only attempt at HM faded out somewhere in pt.3 because fuck those hidden enemy ranges make the game tedious). In my scale, even a 3 or 3.5 translates into 'quite hard to raise but the potential is there' (for example Rolf and Makalov) or 'useful for a while, but gets less impressive over time' (Lethe, Lucia).

Fake Edit: Damn, I'm slow. :D

Same applies to any other unit. It sounds as if there is a standard way of clearing the game, which is wrong.

So then why does Edward get a more favorable score, when edward surpasses zihark? Edward is superior in the long run, which is when they are both at the same level, as stated above. Thing is, When Zihark is level 6, Edward is not going to be level 20/1, not even with those bexp levels. Not unless Edward is getting severe favoritism, in that case of course edward is going to perform better. But the again, I could dump all the favoritism on another unit, who gets more out of it.

in HM Edwards start is far to shaky to be able to get going effectively, which means he'll always be trailing behind Zihark since Zihark has the bases to be good from the getgo. Zihark is able to function not only on PP, but also on EP, which racks in more Exp than Edward, who you yourself said is an PP only unit. Getting Exp during PP and EP is going to be better than just on PP. Which leads to Zihark only extending his lead so the magical point where they are the same level, and Edward becomes better in the long run, doesn't come along in HM.

Zihark has base stats, which are way more valuable. Nolan yields beter results than edward with the same investment, can get 1-2 range, better forges and has more durability. Jill has a terribly shaky start, but investing resources in her is the most cost effective thing you can do since no one improves as much as Jill because of her inherent advantages.

1-2 range is not an option because Sothe is there and forged knives for P1 is the best investment, and you really just need an extra unit or two. While Jill and Nolan have other advantages in the long run, training Edward instead of them is not going to hurt you at all in P1.

In my HM runs Edward normally ends at level 2-3 second tier and Zihark about level 4 at the end of part 1, so both are more or less equal. Zihark is still 1-2 speed points ahead of Edward.

Also it hasn't to do anything with favoritism.

Edward and Jill are the first units who are promoted simply because they can get the kills and experience the easiest of the "weaker" units.

To promote Nolan is way harder since he can't claim as many kills as Edward can (because he can't double).

And no, I'm not one of those who use a masterseal on someone at level 10.

Edited by Eleanor Hume

Also, read my edit.

That's a really huge straw man. Marcus doesn't really have growths so... that goes without saying.

= EDIT =

I see quite hilarious that you guys defend vehemently that using some units is not favoritism and others are, just because they have an extra something to do. Edward's only issue in HM is that the player doesn't have a wider statistical control over it due to the lack of Battle Saves and the less abundant exp. He doesn't have any gap with Zihark on NM, the difference they have in HM is the exp reduction, but is not the huge gap you guys say.

Which... is the entire point of why he isn't that good. Investment requirement is the whole entire factor why Zihark is far better and that their stats are as good as each-other if Edward is actually trained.

Fiona is pretty great at Endgame. Should we disregard the fact that she needs babying to get there? Obviously it's "not fair" that there are limitations in doing so, and there is only "one way to play the game". Not to say Edward is anywhere close to being as bad as Fiona, but the same logic applies.

What's so hilarious, that we're saying that early game efficiency is as important as mid/late game efficiency, when early game is more difficult?

Edited by DLuna

Same applies to any other unit. It sounds as if there is a standard way of clearing the game, which is wrong.

Not sure where you're going with that. What exactly applies to every unit?

And of course there is no 'standard' or 'correct' playstyle, but some are easier or harder than others. And I'm pretty sure feeding Edward is more difficult than feeding Zihark, if that expression is even applicable for the latter.

Yeah, it kind of defeats the purpose of this topic... We might as just rate all units 10 because apparently if you go for the "preferred way to play" argument then anyone can be really good.

In my HM runs Edward normally ends at level 2-3 second tier and Zihark about level 4 at the end of part 1, so both are more or less equal. Zihark is still 1-2 speed points ahead of Edward.

Edward and Jill are the first units who are promoted simply because they can get the kills and experience the easiest of the "weaker" units.

To promote Nolan is way harder since he can't claim as many kills as Edward can (because he can't double).

And no, I'm not one of those who use a masterseal on someone at level 10.

You keep mentioning your own experiences but with no numerical data to support the facts you're claiming.

In any case, I will bring up the fact that it takes a huge amount of time for Edward to start 1RKOing things as you say (Nolan is the same, but at least he has survivability). And objectively, you will have Zihark at level 6-7 when Edward is level 1 if you feed them the same amount of kills. And taking everything into account Zihark is still better at this point.

In case you need this kind of information, check here and here.

Then why don't we just rate every unit a 10 then? Because every unit can end up powerful based on your "preferred way to play".

Edited by DLuna

But Zihark does not have lower offensive power than Edward. Did you not read DLuna's post? Zihark in Part 3 has comparable Str and more Spd. Wrath-Zihark can one-round a tiger at range just as easily as Wrath-Edward, if you want to play him that way; the difference is that Zihark can also be a tank unit which Edward can't be. Edward is horribly inferior to Zihark until he promotes and is never meaningfully superior unless you do silly things like compare them at equal levels which they will never be given equal treatment until sometime around endgame.

I've just played through Micaiah's maps in part 3 and I find that Zihark has a really hard time with enemies, at max he can take 1 hit but he really isn't a tanky-unit. He even had a C-support with Volug and was next to him but was still struggling to survive. I find that unless you invest for them none of the DB are tanky save for base Tauroneo and transformed Volug.

Edited by Sweet_Basil

I've just played through Micaiah's maps in part 3 and I find that Zihark has a really hard time with enemies, at max he can take 1 hit but he really isn't a tanky-unit. I find that unless you turtle for them none of the DB are tanky save for base Tauroneo and invested Nolan/Aran/Jill..

He doesn't really need to take more than 1 hit with supports though.

The key word is invested too. While your latter statement may be true, the fact that they need said investment is a worthwhile point. Zihark just needs supports to function well.

I'd still say Jill is the best of the lot overall, including Zihark. So I won't argue that he's better than her.

Edited by DLuna

Time to catch up:

Mia: Best Swordmaster. Usable right away, great stats, lasts the whole game and has enough speed of her own to double most units in the whole game, including Endgame auras. Definitely bias here, but I've never had issues with her without any favoritism. A bit fragile, but that's about it. 9/10

Ranulf: He's okay. Probably the best non-Royal Laguz, but again suffers the issue of being irrelevant by Endgame. 7.5/10

Kyza: Eeeh. Can't say much good about him. Can hit for a while but quickly falls into irrelevancy. 3/10

Lyre: Can't contribute in any significant way. Tied with FIona as worst unit in the game. 1/10

Reyson: A Heron that refreshes. That's it. Loses one point only because he needs to transform to reach full potential. 9/10

Janaff: Good filler flier unit, but again irrelevant after a while. 7/10

Ulki: Not really much difference with his buddy. See above. 7/10

Tanith: Not much to say about her. She's fine, but there are way better fliers in your team. 6/10

Sigrun: Uuugh. I like Sigrun as a character, but her stats and growths (seriously, WTF at that Speed?) are pretty bad at that point in the game despite her high level. No need to bother with her. 4/10

Sanaki: I like her a lot as a character, but she can be pretty frustrating as a unit. Her super low Strength along with her Speed will ensure she never doubles anything, but she has her own tome which can carry her around. A shame Rexflame is kinda wasted on her. 6.5/10 even with bias.

That's a really huge straw man. Marcus doesn't really have growths so... that goes without saying.

Which... is the entire point of why he isn't that good. Investment requirement is the whole entire factor why Zihark is far better and that their stats are as good as each-other if Edward is actually trained.

Fiona is pretty great at Endgame. Should we disregard the fact that she needs babying to get there? Obviously it's "not fair" that there are limitations in doing so, and there is only "one way to play the game". Not to say Edward is anywhere close to being as bad as Fiona, but the same logic applies.

What's so hilarious, that we're saying that early game efficiency is as important as mid/late game efficiency, when early game is more difficult?

ping and you got wrong my point. The reason why I replied to you was because having a unit that starts off good doesn't equal to end up better, hence why I brought Marcus's example. Staring good and feeding kills or exp easily doesn't equal to ending up better.

Not sure where you're going with that. What exactly applies to every unit?

And of course there is no 'standard' or 'correct' playstyle, but some are easier or harder than others. And I'm pretty sure feeding Edward is more difficult than feeding Zihark, if that expression is even applicable for the latter.

It applies to 'how you adapt strategies according to the units you use', it applies to every unit. Hence why I questioned if there's a standard way of clearing the game.

I say this because I feel as if you guys have some norm or have strict parameters for HM, probably why you find it difficult or not worth to use Ed, because you already have pre defined roles and slots with units.

He doesn't really need to take more than 1 hit with supports though.

The key word is invested too. While your latter statement may be true, the fact that they need said investment is a worthwhile point. Zihark just needs supports to function well.

I'd still say Jill is the best of the lot overall, including Zihark. So I won't argue that he's better than her.

I disagree in the event that he gets adept-kills or crit-kills because it leaves him exposed. I find that building supports is too slow unless you turtle. Zihark is easier to use in part 1 but in part 3 he struggles so I rather not put him as a front-line unit until he is meaty enough (hard mode).

ping and you got wrong my point. The reason why I replied to you was because having a unit that starts off good doesn't equal to end up better, hence why I brought Marcus's example. Staring good and feeding kills or exp easily doesn't equal to ending up better.

In that case, you're kinda avoiding my point. Marcus is obviously an exception because he doesn't grow if you give him kills. Units like Nolan/Jill/Edward/Aran etc... do grow if you give them kills. Sothe is more apt example though. Or even Zihark himself for most of part 1.

However, for someone like Nolan who's decent from the get-go, you're naturally going to be using him more in order to play effectively. As such, he's gaining EXP and therefore progressing. You can feed Edward kills as well, but that's objectively more difficult than the aforementioned.

The whole point of rating units if how easy using a unit is in terms of beating the game. Since Edward is more difficult to use (during the hardest part of the game).. then it goes without saying.

It applies to 'how you adapt strategies according to the units you use', it applies to every unit. Hence why I questioned if there's a standard way of clearing the game.

I say this because I feel as if you guys have some norm or have strict parameters for HM, probably why you find it difficult or not worth to use Ed, because you already have pre defined roles and slots with units.

Yet, the idea of rating units and tier list to begin with is which strategies (or which units in said strategies) are better.

Reason why someone like Meg is like 2/10 because if you do decide to use her or "use a strategy" that involves her... then 2/10 is the rating she gets.

Again, that's whole point of debating units in terms of how you want to play.

Edward is rated lower than others on the basis of this fact. If we were really so dead-set on only one strategy, then why would we bother giving Edward more than a 0/10 if he's not a part of that strategy? You're trying to find a hole in our logic when there isn't one. Someone like Meg isn't a 0/10 either because if you are trying to come up with a strategy that involves using her, then that's the rating she's been given.

Edited by DLuna

You keep mentioning your own experiences but with no numerical data to support the facts you're claiming.

In any case, I will bring up the fact that it takes a huge amount of time for Edward to start 1RKOing things as you say (Nolan is the same, but at least he has survivability). And objectively, you will have Zihark at level 6-7 when Edward is level 1 if you feed them the same amount of kills. And taking everything into account Zihark is still better at this point.

In case you need this kind of information, check here and here.

Then why don't we just rate every unit a 10 then? Because every unit can end up powerful based on your "preferred way to play".

This seems to be also a preferred playwise like my post dealt with.

Bringing Zihark to level 6-7 at the end of part 1 (I guess he has paragon) means you gave him most of the kills in these chapters, although other units like Jill need them more. In part one he doesn't get all that much experience anyways (10-15).

Also, the average stats aren't really an argument pro Zihark.

I've just played through Micaiah's maps in part 3 and I find that Zihark has a really hard time with enemies, at max he can take 1 hit but he really isn't a tanky-unit. He even had a C-support with Volug and was next to him but was still struggling to survive. I find that unless you invest for them none of the DB are tanky save for base Tauroneo and transformed Volug.

Zihark isn't tanky, just as tanky as Edward.

He barely can take two hits in part 3. Tigers almost oneshot him.

Zihark points with his earth-affinity. He needs a support with Nolan/Volug/Fiona as quickly as possible to benefit from his affinty.

Otherwise... you've Edward II only a bit worse.

This seems to be also a preferred playwise like my post dealt with.

Bringing Zihark to level 6-7 at the end of part 1 (I guess he has paragon) means you gave him most of the kills in these chapters, although other units like Jill need them more. In part one he doesn't get all that much experience anyways (10-15).

Aren't you being a bit contradictory with this?

Objectively (yes, math is involved here -- I can create an essay but I won't bother) if you give the same amount of kills to Edward as you would to Zihark (so every 6th or 7th enemy give or take) that is the level Zihark ends up at.

You mention "Jill needs them more". But you could apply that same logic to Edward. Why is Edward allowed to take her kills when Zihark is not. That is favouritism, no? Jill is still getting the same amount of kills no matter whether you're actively using Edward or Zihark. How much EXP either Edward or Zihark are getting per kill is also irrelevant. Heck, it means you could make room to give Jill even more kills because Zihark already starts out powerful.

Not only that, but giving said kills to Zihark allows you to clear the latter part 1 maps more efficiently than you would with Edward, which is half the reason why Zihark is better. Part 1 is the hardest part in the game -- so why is it irrelevant to you when part 3 is? (Granted, Edward at least exists from 1-P to 1-5 which definitely a point in him favor).

TBH, I wouldn't rate Edward any lower than a 5 even on HM because of 1-P. So that's some consolation.

Edited by DLuna

What are the roles that Edward can fulfill and Zihark can't? I suppose innate Wrath makes him a better player phase nuke, but then again, Zihark could just take the skill from him (it's not like he needs any other skill).

I really don't buy that Edward is significantly better in part 3 than Zihark. And I'm very convinced that Zihark is much more helpful in reaching the map objectives during part 1. And it's not a matter of preference whether or not that's significant, unlike shiny green numbers, many stat-up plinks per chapter, a low turncount or some vaguely defined efficiency.

I'm curious: Can you give me a situation in which Edward contributes to the map objective and Zihark cannot do the same thing as good as or better than Eddy? (not counting chapters before 1-6, obviously :D)

I'm curious: Can you give me a situation in which Edward contributes to the map objective and Zihark cannot do the same thing as good as or better than Eddy? (not counting chapters before 1-6, obviously :D)

Edward can pull off some shenanigans with Wrath + Resolve. With Caladbolg + an earth support (for strong avoid) I'd imagine he can pull off some stuff that Zihark cannot.

Aside from that, not really, no.

I think Edward may be able to perform overall better from 3-13 onward. But there's still the factor that Zihark can be the better dodge tank.

Otherwise, their stats are not different enough long-term to in theory come out differently in certain situations. As much as people want to say that a couple points of STR or DEF is a notable fact, it really isn't. And Zihark's extra speed is probably a more important fact against things like cats, if anything.

Edited by DLuna

If Zihark gains only 1 level in Part 1 while Edward gains 18-19, then that has everything to do with favouritism, because that's not what they get with remotely equal treatment. This isn't Fates or even GBA; you only get 1.5 more exp per kill per level down you are, and level gaps do not close quickly as a result.

Jave said:

Time to catch up:

Mia: Best Swordmaster. Usable right away, great stats, lasts the whole game and has enough speed of her own to double most units in the whole game, including Endgame auras. Definitely bias here, but I've never had issues with her without any favoritism. A bit fragile, but that's about it. 9/10

Ranulf: He's okay. Probably the best non-Royal Laguz, but again suffers the issue of being irrelevant by Endgame. 7.5/10

Kyza: Eeeh. Can't say much good about him. Can hit for a while but quickly falls into irrelevancy. 3/10

Lyre: Can't contribute in any significant way. Tied with FIona as worst unit in the game. 1/10

Reyson: A Heron that refreshes. That's it. Loses one point only because he needs to transform to reach full potential. 9/10

Added.

Naesala

Growthrates (%)

HP: 40

Strength: 45

Magic: 15

Skill: 30

Speed: 45

Luck: 55

Defense: 15

Resistance: 35

Skill: maelstrom

Affinity: darkness

Naesala is the „weakest“ Laguz royal because he joins with S-strike. But therefore he’s the fastest. He has 42 base speed and is able to double everything till the end. 42 speed means 21% activation rate of tear – awesome!

If he doesn’t reach S-strike till the endgame, he won’t be able to oneround the generals in the endgame. So he must activate tear.

He can take a bowgun and crossbow shot.

His growthrates are the probably best of all Laguz royals.

8.5 / 10

Skrimir

Growthrates (%)

HP: 90

Strength: 35

Magic: 5

Skill: 35

Speed: 25

Luck: 20

Defense: 50

Resistance: 5

Skill: provoke, resolve

Affinity: fire

Skrimir is a lion, and lions have beastly strength and defense. Even his base speed of 26 is great.

In 4-P he can double everything except for the warriors and boss. With his 32 defense he’s almost untouchable.

In 4-3 he’s not affected by the desert terrain which makes him mobile.

Furthermore provoke and resolve are a pretty kick ass skill combination. With doubled speed he can eat literally everything.

His growths aren’t too bad, and he could be endgame material… if Giffca and Cain didn’t exist...

However in part 4 Skrimir is welcome addition and the probably second most important non royal Laguz after Volug.

7 / 10

Tibarn

Growthrates (%)

HP: 75

Strength: 55

Magic: 5

Skill: 10

Speed: 20

Luck: 40

Defense: 40

Resistance: 20

Skill: pavise, savior

Affinity: heaven

Tibarn is like Naesala only a bit better because of having SS-strike, higher movement and higher stats. Plus he has pavise which can make him invulnerable against crossbow users. As Naesala he can take a crossbow and bowgun hit.

Tear’s activation rate is 20%.

9 / 10

Pelleas

Growthrates (%)

HP: 35

Strength: 25

Magic: 55

Skill: 45

Speed: 60

Luck: 40

Defense: 30

Resistance: 45

Affinity: thunder

Skill: -

Pelleas is like Sanaki, only less usable.

He joins still at second tier with respectable bases. He gets neither onerounded, nor oneshotted. His growths are fine, but not spectacular.

You really don’t need him in the endgame. Sure, he’s the only potential Belberith user besides Lehran (which requires Pelleas deployment to be able to let bless it), but it has an awful accuracy for being a SS tome.

Mages are bad in the game, and since Sanaki is forced (who’s at least useful in the final map), there’s no reason to make your life artifically harder by training another magic user.

I don’t deny Pelleas quality as a dark mage, but he joins at a time you really don’t need him except for Fenrir-spamming.

He’s just another victim of FE10’s awful availibility and class balance.

3.5 / 10

Stefan

Growthrates (%)

HP: 55

Strength: 50

Magic: 20

Skill: 60

Speed: 60

Luck: 15

Defense: 40

Resistance: 50

Skill: -

Affinity: heaven

Stefan’s only purpose: giving the Vague Katti to your party.

Seriously he’s not a bad trueblade at all. He comes up with good bases and great growths.

All important stats can be maxed, but at this time you’ll have your trueblade already unless you let Edward, Zihark or Mia die.

He’s good, but only needed if you don't have a second SS sword user for the endgame.

5 / 10

Edited by Eleanor Hume

Damn, that was a lot of discussion...

So in the end... Using Edward outside of Chapter 1-P is considered favoritism or not?