Magic: 35

Skill: 35

Speed: 45

Luck: 30

Defense: 30

Resistance: 20

Skill: -

Affinity: fire

Oliver has the silence stave. That’s the only good point about him. He’s absolute waste in the endgame since Micaiah is your rexaura user. Futhermore he’s an easy target for all the opponents with his awful base speed of 20.

He has his own battle theme and interesting conversations with the senators in E-1, though. Oh well…

Honestly I always steal his silence stave with Heather and kill him. The boss experience is more worth than recruiting him.

1.5 / 10

Bastian

Growthrates (%)

HP: 20

Strength: 25

Magic: 30

Skill: 70

Speed: 40

Luck: 40

Defense: 25

Resistance: 70

Skill: corrosion

Affinity: wind

Bastian isn’t quite as useless as Oliver since his bases are a bit better, but still no rival for Soren for being the best wind mage in the game. He can help a bit in 4-5 with his fire magic and recruit Volke.

3.5 / 10

Volke

Growthrates (%)

HP: 50

Strength: 50

Magic: 5

Skill: 60

Speed: 65

Luck: 20

Defense: 45

Resistance: 15

Skill: stillness

Affinity: wind

Volke is a really good replacement for Sothe, if you want to have a good user for baselord in the endgame. His bases and growths are great and comes with lethality.

Even if you don’t want to bring him to the endgame, he’s excellent in 4-4.

Unlike Stefan he has less competition in his class, so he’s a real contender for the endgame.

5 / 10

Giffca

Growthrates (%)

HP: 40

Strength: 35

Magic: 10

Speed: 50

Luck: 25

Resistance: 15

Skill: nullify

Affinity: darkness

Giffca is Cain, only with the real issue not being transformed all the time. If he’s transformed, he destroys everything. Since he has the same caps as Caineghis he can also oneround an aura with bloodtide and take out Deghinsea in one turn (with Ena and Heron).

His only potential weakness, fire magic, is covered by default nullify.

However he's only here for five maps.

7 / 10

Caineghis

Growthrates (%)

Strength: 40

Skill: 40

Speed: 20

Luck: 40

Resistance: 10

Skill: fortune

Affinity: earth

Same what I said about Giffca, only that he’s a Laguz Royal and has five authority stars.

Earth-affinity is also nice, but he doesn’t really need that. However Ena for having earth too can benefit from a support with him.

He's the best unit stat- and capwise, but I give the both dracos more credits in total than him for being helpful in many more chapters.

As for Giffca his low availibility costs him a few points.

8 / 10

On 9.1.2017 at 9:40 PM, Sweet_Basil said:

If Leo is this good in HM what's he doing way down there in the 3s? He seems more like a 5/6 by what i'm reading.

I gave him five points because I weighted his performance in part 1 + 3 differently.

In part 1 he can't do much at all except for shipping.

He can oneshot the peg. knights in 1-6-1 and helps to prepare kills for Edward, Nolan, Jill with the longbow on the ledge in 1-5 and maybe 1-7 and 1-E, but that's all he can do. If you're lucky with his speed, he can maybe double axe cavaliers in 1-6-2.

I would give him a 4.

In part 3 he can oneshot cats and oneround tigers, if he has at least 15 speed to have 20 with Lugnasadh to double the tigers. Honestly he doesn't even need beastfoe to become useful. A lucky crit can oneround any Laguz, and as a sniper with the Lugnasadh he still has a decent critchance (~20%).

In 3-12 he can oneshot the falcon knights and in 3-13 he can oneshot the ravens with the crossbow.

I would give him a 7.

Since part 1 features more chapters I came to a 5 in total.

On 9.1.2017 at 10:46 PM, Radiant head said:

does he make better use of beastfoe than nolan? or is it more like nolan works fine without it because of tarvos

Leo's good without it, if he has 15 speed to double the tigers with Lugnasadh. He has still has a good critchance. He can oneround them with one crit.

Nolan with the crossbow can oneshot the Laguz.

(Of course Leo could do it too, but you want to give the exp. to the better units.)

Edited by Eleanor Hume

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oliver: 1.5/10. With 20 speed, Oliver is just bad at combat. Unfortunately for him everything he could offer (such as the ability to use Fortify or Purge), Micaiah already covers. If you need more endgame staff users, he's losing to Elincia (guaranteed to be alive), Bastian (has only had one opportunity to die), and of course various others you may have.

Bastian: 4.5/10. On the other hand, he's okay! In particular he's better than Sanaki in like every way imaginable. He's amazing against laguz in his join chapter, and has high mag + B in staves which is nice. You can send him to endgame and unlike Oliver he'll only be doubled by the fast enemies, while being able to double and hit weakness on dragons. The gap between him and Soren is honestly smaller than many seem to believe, but he does lose (24 speed still not great).

Volke: 6/10. Take what I said about Stefan, apply it Volke. It's basically the same; good stats and build for endgame, so you'll do well enough by him, but you probably won't take him either. He's better in 4-5 than Stefan is in 4-3 (due to being around for more of it) but there are fewer good knives available than good swords, and he can't use the Wyrmslayer (though he does have very high crit with which to scare dragons anyway). It balances.

Giffca: 8/10. Cain who gives up a turn. This is significant, but Giffca is still an effective, if boring endgame choice. There's not much to say about him.

Caineghis: 9/10. Is Cain. No Canto, no 2 range, only 5 maps. Basically perfect otherwise. I guess his res could be better. Is on every endgame team which is chosen for power, ever.

Oliver:

He's really not very good, but he's not all that terrible either. I've actually brought him into the Endgame before and it was pretty fun, but he was of course one of my weaker units. He's kind of like Pelleas...he's fun to mess around with, but he ain't great.

5/10

Bastian:

Eh...he can actually be helpful when he joins, but after that...meh.

4/10

Volke:

He's like Heather in that he's totally useless in his class since Sothe is required. However, he's actually a good unit! There's just...not much room for another thief on the team. If Sothe wasn't forced, I'd totally use him.

6/10

Giffca:

Best non-royal laguz, period.

8.5/10

Caineghis:

BEST UNIT IN THE GAME! He completely wrecks EVERYTHING! He doesn't have a ranged attack, but that's not even a strike against him because he doesn't need one! He's just a freaking beast!

10/10

This topic inspired me to go through RD again. After spending the weekend going through the game, there's a couple ratings I'd like to change.

Bring Sothe down from a 6.5 to a 6

Laura down from a 5 to a 4

Aran down from a 5 to a 4

Taureno down from a 4.5 to a 4

Muarim down from a 6 to a 5

Mordecai down from a 8 to a 7

Oliver: 0/10

I think Oliver is going to be the only character I rate as 0. Unlike Bastian he doesn't join you at the beginning of the map, so he's similar to Pelleas except at least Pelleas has an extra map to grow before endgame. By the time Oliver joins you at best there will be a few enemies you can save for him but it's too late to make him effective. So at endgame he's stuck with terrible speed. He'll need to be a staffbot and there are much better options to pick from that at least have better speed base.

Bastian: 1.5/10

If I'm playing on normal mode he's much better but that speed cap, well he just doesn't cut it for endgame. Sanaki has more potential than him, similar bases, but more room and levels to grow.

Volke: 3/10

If Sothe wasn't forced he'd seem like a better candidate for endgame filler but I'd rather just strip him of skills and give it to Micaiah.

Giffca & Caineghis: 5/10

They have the same use except one of them can reach speed cap and the other one doesn't need a gem. Both are very strong but lack 2-range but all they have to offer is endgame performance unlike the other royals.

Edited by Sweet_Basil

Leo's good without it, if he has 15 speed to double the tigers with Lugnasadh. He has still has a good critchance. He can oneround them with one crit.

(Of course Leo could do it too, but you want to give the exp. to the better units.)

I'd consider giving Nolan Beastfoe and a crossbow a bad idea since you're just asking for him to die.

i think i'll abstain on all of these, but some thoughts:

oliver - joke/trophy character, obviously only exists for non-gameplay reasons so hard to really care about his utility. would think micaiah is the only light mage worth investing in.

bastian - actually useful in his recruit chapter for chip, especially since he can exploit laguz weaknesses. he's done after that, although if you decided not to use soren since he's one of the weaker mercs, you have another rexcalibur user.

volke - even more useful than bastian in the recruit chapter, esp. if you have some spare beast knives. but again that's it. wayyy better than sothe, but doesn't matter since sothe isn't costing one of your 10 deployments. i've used him for fun, because his character is really fun and assassin as a class is cool as fuck, especially compared to whatever sothe/heather promote to. also sothe can bless him an extra knife before he hits the bench. but that's all personal stuff, he doesn't bring much to endgame objectively speaking.

giffca - pretty great endgame unit, though being a caineghis without formshift is lame. iirc he has better speed? he's especially great for taking down dheginsea.

caineghis - amazing filler unit, lives up to his story reputation. only real limitation is he's limited to one-range.

yeah, well would have been super nice if he could hit 15 speed before hitting level 10 so that you can save exp for others, but his growths don't seem to make that likely. though you could reset abuse.

i think i'll abstain on all of these, but some thoughts:

oliver - joke/trophy character, obviously only exists for non-gameplay reasons so hard to really care about his utility. would think micaiah is the only light mage worth investing in.

bastian - actually useful in his recruit chapter for chip, especially since he can exploit laguz weaknesses. he's done after that, although if you decided not to use soren since he's one of the weaker mercs, you have another rexcalibur user.

volke - even more useful than bastian in the recruit chapter, esp. if you have some spare beast knives. but again that's it. wayyy better than sothe, but doesn't matter since sothe isn't costing one of your 10 deployments. i've used him for fun, because his character is really fun and assassin as a class is cool as fuck, especially compared to whatever sothe/heather promote to. also sothe can bless him an extra knife before he hits the bench. but that's all personal stuff, he doesn't bring much to endgame objectively speaking.

giffca - pretty great endgame unit, though being a caineghis without formshift is lame. iirc he has better speed? he's especially great for taking down dheginsea.

caineghis - amazing filler unit, lives up to his story reputation. only real limitation is he's limited to one-range.

yeah, well would have been super nice if he could hit 15 speed before hitting level 10 so that you can save exp for others, but his growths don't seem to make that likely. though you could reset abuse.

If you want to use a masterseal on him at level 10, well then it's very unlikely to see that happen.

I feed him with bexp. when he's ~15 level and capped skill and resistance to rise his speed.

I voted 1 for Volke as I read it as Vika by mistake, please throw my vote out.

Just delete your voting and revote for everyone.

Oliver - He, uh, has some story significance. As a unit, WHY. 1.5/10

Bastian - If Soren was raised correctly (as in, he got several BEXP levels), he'll outdo Bastian entirely. Otherwise, Bastian does decently well as a filler unit. . .except Corrosion. Seriously, WTF. 4/10

Volke - Costs money to recruit, but I think he's well worth it. Unlike Sothe/Heather, he'll get his hands dirty, even if the things you really want to one-round won't be affected by Lethality. Stillness is nice, as it takes some pressure off of him. 4.5/10, because I like my gold!

Giffca - I, uh, guess Skrimir has more time for supports? Otherwise, Giffca's got better caps and better stats. Still, I don't use lions that much. 6.5/10

Caineghis - Who needs four levels of growth with those bases? Formshift means he'll be better off than Giffca. Again, lions aren't quite my thing, hence the somewhat lower rating. 8/10

If I'm playing on normal mode he's much better but that speed cap, well he just doesn't cut it for endgame. Sanaki has more potential than him, similar bases, but more room and levels to grow.

Sanaki's HP/Def bases aren't even remotely similar (Bastian wins by 10 Def and 17 HP); no amount of growth lets her catch Bastian there. And she badly needs growth to catch Bastian in areas like effective speed; she doesn't match his base AS with Cymbeline until Level 7, and Bastian's gonna have a level lead on her forever so she's never really getting an advantage there. She also never matches his B rank in staves.

I ranked some DB members a bit more exactly.

Edward

For part 1 I give him a 8. He does his job well enough. He's the only first tier unit besides transfer Jill who can constantly double the opponents. Since it's the part with the most chapters, I weigh it 50%.

For part 3 I give him a 6.5. He doesn't serve as a front unit anymore, but still can do great damage to the Laguz with storm sword + wrath. However he lacks on doubling the cats in 3-6 probably. With more speed he should become better in 3-13. Attacking with range from the ledge is the best and only way how to use him. I weigh this part 20%.

In part 4 / endgame he'll be left behind probably. He's only really usable in Tibarn's party because of the increased evasion. He'll have serious issues to catch up Mia and Zihark. I give him a 5. Weight 30%.

0.5 * 8 + 0.2 * 6.5 + 0.3 * 5 = 7.05 => 7

Changing to 7.

Nolan

Unlike Edward he's a different curve in term of usage. He becomes better and better later on.

In part 1 he's a good wall in the beginning, but he really needs good levels (strength, speed) early good to become good permantly. He normally should take two hits by everyone except steel axes. Unlike Edward he won't double at all. However he's quite solid: 7. Weight 50%

In part 3 he'll become a great front unit thanks to his earth-affinity. He really should have an A-support with Zihark / Volug at the beginning of part 3 to use him as a dodgetank. With the combo beastfoe + crossbow he can oneshout any Laguz. With good leveling he should be able to take two tiger hits in 3-13 at least when Tarvos is equipped. 8 Weight 20%

In part 4 it depends on which group you bring him. In Micaiah's group he's almost useless because fliers rule here, while in Elincia's group he'll be invisible. Since 4-4 is another chapter against Laguz you can use the exact same strategy as in part 3.In endgame he's great too. You can bless Tarvos. As for Urvan you'll go for Jill and Haar. 8.5 Weight 30%

0.5 * 7 + 0.2 * 0.8 * 0.3 * 0.85 = 7.65 => 7.5

Keeping 7.5.

Sothe

He's amazing in part 1. Not more to say. He should be able to double everyone except Jarod and some myrms. Also he'll take two hits in the entire part 1.

9.5 Weight 45% (since he joins a bit later than Edward)

In part 3 you will see already that he's going to fall behind the others. He's great with the beastkiller in 3-6 and 3-13, but he's very squishy so you have to equip him to a weaker weapon for enemy phase. He's only good in 3-12, if he has 24 speed. 7 Weight 22.5%

In part 4 and especially endgame becomes pretty much useless with his awful growths and caps. In 4-P he can do some stuff, but in 4-3 he'll fall behind levelwise due to the awkward terrain. In the endgame he only really serves for shoving people. I wished he wasn't forced for the endgame and could bring Volke instead. Just a wasted slot. 3 Weight 32.5%

0.45 * 9.5 + 0.225 * 7 + 0.325 * 3 = 6.825 => 7

Changing to 7.

Leonardo

I gave him five points because I weighted his performance in part 1 + 3 differently.

In part 1 he can't do much at all except for shipping.

He can oneshot the peg. knights in 1-6-1 and helps to prepare kills for Edward, Nolan, Jill with the longbow on the ledge in 1-5 and maybe 1-7 and 1-E, but that's all he can do. If you're lucky with his speed, he can maybe double axe cavaliers in 1-6-2.

I would give him a 4.

In part 3 he can oneshot cats and oneround tigers, if he has at least 15 speed to have 20 with Lugnasadh to double the tigers. Honestly he doesn't even need beastfoe to become useful. A lucky crit can oneround any Laguz, and as a sniper with the Lugnasadh he still has a decent critchance (~20%).

In 3-12 he can oneshot the falcon knights and in 3-13 he can oneshot the ravens with the crossbow.

I would give him a 7.

Since part 1 features more chapters I came to a 5 in total.

this

I weigh part 1 2/3 and part 3 1/3.

In part 4 he's not really usable except in Tibarn's party. He can be quite useful in 4-4.

But I don't rank him in this part.

2/3 * 4 + 1/3 * 7 = 5

Keeping 5.

Zihark

Zihark is great in part 1. Can double everything except for myrms with maxed speed. However unlike Sothe he can't take two hit by everyone. Therefore he has a better evasion thanks to earth affinity. 9 Weight 1/3

In part 3 he'll has the same function as Nolan: Working as dodgetank. However unlike Nolan he never will take two hits by tigers. It's even questionable that he can take two hits by the enemies in 3-12. In 3-13 he's honestly not better than Edward, because he's a safety risk. Even with A-support in earth he's not invincible against the Laguz when he has biorhythm. Also resolve isn't a sure thing, if a cat attacks him first which can't bring him <50% HP, and then a tiger gives him the final blow. I feel more comfortable with Nolan in this chapter. Storm sword / tempest blade wrecking from the center ledge works best for him in this chapter. 7.5 Weight 1/3

In part 4 he belongs to TIbarn's party. The enemies will have no hit against him when has good biorhythm. Since his strength and defense growth aren't great, you'll go for Mia most likely. 8 Weight 1/3.

1/3 * 9 + 1/3 * 7.5 + 1/3 * 8 = 8.17 => 8

Keeping his vote.

Also more vote changes:

Tauroneo: from 5.5 to 5

Tormod: from 4 to 5. Since I gave Geoffrey a 5, who has pretty much the same issue, it'd be unfair to give Tormod a lower ranking. In 1-8 and 1-E he's great.

Oscar: from 7.5 to 7. I give Tanith and him the exact same voting because both have pretty much the same usefulness with(out) transfers. Oscar is more available, but therefore Tanith has more potential in the endgame.

Micaiah: from 6 to 6.5

Laura: from 5.5 to 6

Makalov: from 5 to 4.5 His growths are great... but not his bases. And seriously there's not much room to grow for him due to his awful availibility. He'll be totally underleveled when he joins Ike's part.

Tibarn: from 9.5 to 9

Naesala: from 9 to 8.5 (honestly I find Nailah the "worst" Laguz royal, but she's usable in part 1 already and is really appreciated for the DB)

Leanne: from 7 to 8

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By3VdhdU6OlxclplZ1M1RmNWS1k

Edited by Eleanor Hume

Oliver - uhm... he's somewhat tankier than 20/20/1 Micaiah? He's recruited right at the end of his chapter, so he is completely irrelevant before the tower climb (even moreso than Stefan) and he's a pretty poor choice for it. I'm not a huge fan of mages in the endgame in general (because their combat isn't that hot and if you want a second healer, Elincia is probably the better choice) and Oliver can't even compete with the other magic users. 1.5/10

Bastian - he's doing good chip damage in his joining chapter and he's yet another potential staff user that isn't terrible, but not really needed either. I'm not that thrilled about Rexcalibur in the endgame (Rexflame is just better), but I guess it's still a plus. 3.5/10

Volke - probably about as good as Stefan for the endgame, but Volke has chapter 4-5 to make some contributions, so I'll give him 0.5 points more. 4/10

Giffca - lost his formshift some time between PoR and RD, but his stats are phantastic. He basically outclasses Skrimir, even if the latter was diligent in his training, making Giffca a really strong unit in the endgame. However, since most maps in the tower can be cleared really fast, the lost turn for the laguz gem is rather impactful. 5.5/10

Cainaghis - very similar to his shadow statwise, but able to start killing on turn one. Incredibly strong in the endgame, but because of the very limited availability, I'll still go with a 7/10.

Volke - Costs money to recruit, but I think he's well worth it. Unlike Sothe/Heather, he'll get his hands dirty, even if the things you really want to one-round won't be affected by Lethality. Stillness is nice, as it takes some pressure off of him. 4.5/10, because I like my gold!

To be fair, you actually make money by recruiting Volke, since I don't believe you get the 30,000G from him at Endgame unless he's recruited, and 3,000G isn't too much to ask for by 4-5.

To be fair, you actually make money by recruiting Volke, since I don't believe you get the 30,000G from him at Endgame unless he's recruited, and 3,000G isn't too much to ask for by 4-5.

Yes, if Volke is recruited in 4-5, you will have a Base Conversation before 4-F-1 where you get 20,000 G

I've shown up in that chapter without his recruitment fee. Not. Fun.

Oliver: Pretty much a joke character. Not really important in any way. He is competent in all stats, but uh... negative bias because I don't really like the Saint class and I especially don't like Oliver.

Bastian: He joins early enough to contribute to a non-tower chapter, and does a half-decent job of it. Really good weapon ranks and decent stats to chip away at things, though you really don't want to let this chapter drag on. At least his deployment is free and he's almost certainly going to be better than Geoffrey who spent all this time waiting to come back. I should probably rate him lower but eh. I guess my hate for Oliver is love for Bastian as a concept for a character and I wish he were just a little bit better.

Volke: Is worth more money than he asks you to spend, and he joins early enough where he can also do something before endgame. He has legit one-hit kills unlike the rogues too! He's got as many stats as he needs to be a functional replacement for any fallen units if you're running short on endgame candidates somehow and is pretty much interchangable with Stefan, except that knives are worse than swords if Volke doesn't proc an assassination.

Giffca: Ridiculously strong, fast, and tanky and his only downfall is a need for laguz stones/gems and no 2-range. Otherwise he's going toe-to-toe with the King of Dragons, just like his kingly counterpart.

Caineghis: The KING of offense. He's the most reliable killer of bosses with 66 (68 if he procs a strength level up) attack, 36 speed (38 with a speed proc) and crazy durability. Although he probably won't reach it, he could have 70 attack and 40 speed and that's just silly. He really is a king among units.

I wouldn't count it, unless Snowy_One comes up with an explaination based on gameplay. As is, we can only assume that it's merely a joke vote. His other votes don't seem to be out of the ordinary (although Giffca = Cain seems questionable), so I personally wouldn't object to them.

In hindsight, some rules for outlier scores would probably have been a good thing. Not to throw them out automatically, but in the lines of 'votes that differ more than 3 points from the average don't count unless they're explained in the thread'. Oh well, it's too late anyway, but it might be a good advice if someone was to do a similar thread for another game.

Cut Oliver's ten.

Ace Pelleas jumped from 5 to 10. I counted the 5.

Renning
Growthrates (%)
HP: 40
Strength: 60
Skill: 50
Luck: 10
Defense: 70
Resistance: 20
Skill: -

Renning is another decent endgame filler, but not needed if you have other great units left. Titania will outclasses him. Furthermore Gold Knights aren't a good class in FE10.
3.5 / 10

Kurthnaga
Growthrates (%)
HP: 95
Strength: 45
Magic: 15
Skill: 20
Speed: 35
Luck: 60
Defense: 25
Resistance: 40
Skill: nightide
Affinity: water

So epic his name might sound, so totally unepic is his perfomance. If you really thought, he is / will be as OP as his daddy, you’re totally mistaken! He’s basically the tankier version of Oliver with dragon breath instead of light magic. With his 20 base speed he’ll get doubled even by the slowest generals in the endgame. Brave sword / lance general in E-1 will oneround him. Sure, resolve can fix this little issue, but there’s no point in using him anyways. Nighttide is only really useful in E-3, and he can attack his conspecifics for free. He also could use smite, because shoving is one of his very few strengths.
He’s not only the most useless dragon, but also the worst endgame member. Even a mediocre baselard Sothe is better than him.
3 / 10

Ena
Growthrates (%)
Strength: 20
Magic: 50
Skill: 40
Luck: 35
Defense: 15
Resistance: 50
Skill: bloodtide, boon, renewal, miracle

In combat Ena’s even worse than Kurth because of her bad strength, but using her in combat isn’t her purpose. She works rather like a Heron, grants you strategical advantages. In E-1 she can restore asleep people and in all the endgame maps you can benefit from bloodtide, the much more useful skill than nightide. With her help Cain or Giffca can 4RKO Deghinsea. Also in E-5 she’s absolutely appreciated.
Furthermore she has the largest default skill set of all FE10 units.
5 / 10

Gareth
Growthrates (%)
HP: 90
Strength: 40
Magic: 5
Skill: 30
Speed: 10
Luck: 65
Resistance: 25
Skill: bloodtide
Affinity: thunder

The more powerful and slower version of Ena. He fulfills the same purpose as Ena for the final two maps. Don’t let you blind by his high HP. His resistance and speed are so bad that Ashera or two auras will take him down. As result even less tanky against the auras than Ena.
3.5 / 10

Nasir
Growthrates (%)
HP: 70
Strength: 15
Magic: 45
Speed: 20
Luck: 45
Defense: 15
Resistance: 40
Skill: nihil, whitepool, boon
Affinity: light

Nasir’s definitely the best dragon statwise and the most useful for the final map. Whitepool grants magic and speed boost, the best dragon skill. As Ena he also has boon, great against Ashera's silence map attacks.
And unlike the other three dragons he can survive Ashera and is immun against the auras.
Despite he's only usable for the last two maps, he does an important job there.
5.5 / 10

Edited by Eleanor Hume

Erm, what about Lehran? I'd think voting on him and just him would be a waste when we might as well finish it now.

Anyways, for the ones I forgot (I voted, but didn't post);

4 for Oliver. I blame the music since he really doesn't have much else going for him, other than the convos against the senators.

5 for Volke. Can put in work in his join chapter and in endgame, but limited playtime.

5.5 for Bastian (iirc). He can put in work against the Feral Ones in his join chapter, as well as being a backup healer.

6.5 for both Giffca and Caineghis. One doesn't need to use their first turn using a laguz gem, the other might be able to double auras without need for a speedwing, both have very limited playtime.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

renning - great stats for his class, but male gold knight is not an ideal class for endgame. titania is much better, and i don't consider her to be a great endgame unit either. but he is usable, and does decently well with a brave sword (too bad he can't use amiti).

kurth naga - what the hell man, you're supposed to be a coming of age royal who learns formshift and is the son of the intimidating boss of 4-e-3, but then you suck. this dude's highlight is stalling reinforcements in 1-3. he's definitely bench material after gareth and nasir join. *

ena - bad combat unit, but red tide very useful, especially for dheg. shame, she would have been decent as a white dragon.

gareth - see ena. his res is bad though, so he's a bit of liability. both he and nasir are better deployments than kurth or sothe.

nasir - okay but not great combat unit, but white tide is fantastic. especially if you barely fall below the 34 speed threshold. good for clearing the last two maps of the game.

*so i actually want to try to make kurth work, has anyone been able to do it before? i guess his skill capacity means you can stick paragon and idk resolve on him and just grind with him in the black knight chapter? is it possible to make him resemble an actual royal?

Edited by Radiant head

Neither former nor latter, actually. You keep misspelling the word which does look kind of funny.

... Whoops... Fixed!

He's somewhat baselord too.

Erm, what about Lehran? I'd think voting on him and just him would be a waste when we might as well finish it now.

Can't do more than five polls.

*so i actually want to try to make kurth work, has anyone been able to do it before? i guess his skill capacity means you can stick paragon and idk resolve on him and just grind with him in the black knight chapter? is it possible to make him resemble an actual royal?

He should be able to use resolve and paragon. I'm pretty sure he has two free slots for skills left.

Edited by Eleanor Hume