i made a list of my favorite games of all time

NOTchazbc24

...I guess this topic can be a "post your most favourite games ever" topic, where everyone just lists their favourite games and why they like them.

Unless the OP has other decisions for this topic.

I'll just post my top 15 I guess. After DQVII, the order stops mattering (with the exception of games from the same series, ie B2W2>BW)

1. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (Wii U version wins easily here)

2. Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation (Only played the DS version)

3. The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

4. Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade

5. Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past/Dragon Warrior VII (I like the 3DS and PSX versions relatively equally, but I like them for slightly different reasons).

6. Danmaku Amanojaku ~ Impossible Spell Card

7. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (I like the 3DS version more, but the original is fine too)

8. Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 Versions

9. Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King

10. Touhou Shinpiroku ~ Urban Legend in Limbo

11. Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade

12. Pokémon Black and White Versions

13. Touhou Eiyashou ~ Imperishable Night

14. The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

15. .......The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, I guess?

Edited by Glaceon Mage

I have a very clear top 3 in my heart, and then a couple other favorites to share, so here I go. Oddly enough, all but one of them are on the SNES. :P

1- Mega Man X
2- Super Castlevania IV
3- Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War

4- Final Fantasy VI
5- Super Metroid
6- Zelda: A Link to the Past
7- Turrican II (an Amiga game)

I guess I'll post my top 13 as well.

1-Chrono Trigger- blame nostalgia a bit, but still, a really great game involving time travel.

2-Final Fantasy VI- another fantastic game, full of fantasy obviously. Love it.

3-Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past- It's a Zelda game. Who wouldn't love it?

4-The World Ends With You- I really love this game so much. Totally a must play(especially if you're a loner: you and the protagonist will be so alike!)

5-Super Metroid- Probably one of the best SNES games. It's what got me into platformer games. Definitely a must play.

6-Secret of Mana- This game is really awesome. Again, another fantasy game.

7-Metroid Fusion- Super great. My love for it will not die soon.

8-Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow- One of the best GBA games, about vampires and demons. Another must play.

9-Fire Emblem:Genealogy of the Holy War- It's a Fire Emblem game. Of course it'd be awesome.

10-Super Mario RPG- Better than the platformers. Another really good SNES game.

11-Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap: It's also a really good game. Love it.

12-Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones: A Fire Emblem that's a bit too easy, but still great nonetheless.

13-Terranigma- It's like Illusion of Gaia, but way better.

Those are the ones I could currently think of, but I probably missed a few. Oh well...

Edited by Flee Fleet!

(I follow a one game per series rule btw)

1. Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask N64 version (WW, SS, OoT, TP, ALBW)

2. Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword (9, 14(conquest), 4)

3. Mother 3

4. Bioshock

5. Shadow of the Colossus

6. Okami

7. Halo 3 (2, 1, ODST, me and Reach have a interesting relationship...)

8. Fallout 3 (I never played new vegas... 4 is okay)

9. Portal 2/ Mass Effect 2/Last Guardian

10. Knights of the Old Republic/Journey

I have yet to have a game that permanently stays in spots 9 & 10 It switch's depending on my mood....

My top ten favorite games are as follows:

10. Harvest Moon: Animal Parade (Wii)

9. Suikoden V (PS2)

8. Dark Cloud 2 (PS2)

7. Rogue Galaxy (PS2)

6. Radiata Stories (PS2)

5. Final Fantasy X (PS2)

4. Rival Schools: United by Fate (PS1)

3. Shenmue (Dreamcast)

2. Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines (PC)

1. Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King (PS2)

It was hard making this list, too.

Edited by saisymbolic

My top ten favorite games are as follows:

10. Harvest Moon: Animal Parade (Wii)

9. Suikoden V (PS2)

8. Dark Cloud 2 (PS2)

7. Rogue Galaxy (PS2)

6. Radiata Stories (PS2)

5. Final Fantasy X (PS2)

4. Rival Schools: United by Fate (PS1)

3. Shenmue (Dreamcast)

2. Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodline (PC)

1. Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King (PS2)

It was hard making this list, too.

nice list. I love top 10s that have a few "unlikely suspects"

I dont have a numbered list, but I do have some games that hold a special place in my heart.

Europa Universalis 4: I've spent probably some 1300 hours on this game and I still consider myself just an intermediate level player. I really enjoyed the base game, and the devs keep releasing updates and making changes to the game, and it's not become stale over the years of playing.

Super Robot Wars Original Generation: SRWOG is the most interesting of the SRW games I played, and one of the best strategy rpg's. The other being OG2, but for other reasons. This is a really fresh SRW title because you start with fairly weak units, and dont get too much powerful crap, so you're kinda forced to use what you have and plan around that. You can still deploy a team of powerful mecha come endgame if you know what to do though. Getting the battle masteries in this game is a bit like solving a multi layered puzzle, and it took me a long time to figure how to get them consistently.

Infinite Space: It's a really good game centered around having a fleet of space ships and duking it out with other space ships. It's still a DS game, so the combat is fairly simple, but the ship designs are cool, the characters are cool, and even though it starts off like a shounen anime, but don't worry. Things happen.

1: Persona 2: Innocent Sin

2: Fallout: New Vegas

3: The Wonderful 101

4: Metal Gear Rising: Revengence

5: Silent Hill 3

6: The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

7: Okami

8: The World Ends With You

9: Soul Nomad and the World Eaters

10: Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade

1. Devil May Cry 3 - I agonise between this and DMC4 since both are fantastic but the fact the the story is actually good for this one gets it the top place; DMC4 has slightly better combat though

2. Marvel: Ultimate Alliance - I've beaten this way too many times, and I've recently bought the Steam rerelease and I'm eagerly looking forwards to playing it, so, yeah, kinda a no-brainer

3. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - Probably a bit of nostalgia here but it's still my favourite platformer. Still holds up well in my opinion.

4. Metal Gear Solid - The first one is the one with the best story, and whilst the mechanics are clunky at times, it's still bloody amazing

5. Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword - I've loved pretty much every Fire Emblem game, but the characters and story of this one get me each time

6. Silent Hill 2 - Still the best horror game I've played; nothing even comes close to terrifying me as much as this did

7. Thief: Deadly Shadows - Fantastic stealth game with a surprisingly good story

I'm not really good at ranking things so feel free to jumble these up as much as you want to fit your idealised list

Honourable mentions:

• Dungeons of Dredmor
  • Sam and Max Seasons 1 - 3
  • Monkey Island 1 and 2

1: Persona 2: Innocent Sin

2: Fallout: New Vegas

3: The Wonderful 101

4: Metal Gear Rising: Revengence

5: Silent Hill 3

6: The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

7: Okami

8: The World Ends With You

9: Soul Nomad and the World Eaters

10: Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade

W101 was an amazing game. if i expanded the list to 30 it would be on it.

1. Super Mario Brothers 3 for the NES. Easily one of the best games ever created.

2. Adventure for the Atari 2600

3. Gyruss for the NES

4. Life Force for the NES

5. Abadox for the NES

6. Pokemon Leafgreen/Firered for the GBA

7. Megami Tensei for the Famicom (up to the second dungeon at least)

8. Kyuuyaku Megami Tensei for the Super Famicom

9. Super Mario Bros. for the NES (OG)

10. Robotron 2084, which is an arcade game

Honorable Mention: Minecraft. I've long since grown past it but I must admit it's a really fun and creative game.

Bob the Builder for the PS1 too. Really just here because Nostalgia, y'know?

Edited by Pixelman

A top 10 is always hard for me to make since it seems to change just about every year. :P

So I'll just do a top five.

1. Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn and Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (I can't choose which I really like more anymore lol)

2. Zelda: Skyward Sword

3. Smash Bros. Wii U

4. Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Nice to see Yoshi's Island on the OP's list though! That's an old favorite of mine too. ^^

Edited by Anacybele

In no specific order:

1)Okami. I'm a sucker for feudal Japan aesthetic. The art style in this game is lovely, and the Celestial Brush is very fun to mess around with. The music is also really good, as are the characters and story.

2)The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Probably not the best choice, but eh. I like it. The dungeons in this one, I felt, were pretty well done. I thought that there was enough to do in the overworld, and a lot of hidden caves to find. And I actually liked the motion controls. Plus, I love Midna. She's probably one of my favorite video game characters.

3)Tales of Symphonia

4)Tales of the Abyss

5)Eternal Sonata. Gorgeous graphics and music. The gameplay, while battles can be quite difficult on the PS3 version, is fun and addictive. I love building up combos to totally destroy my enemies.

6)Ape Escape 3. A cute, funny little game. The controls are somewhat unique, in that you use the right analog stick to use your gadgets. I was surprised at how addictive capturing the apes was.

7)The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker. Specifically, the HD version. The HD version improved so much, such as the faster sailing speeds and overall changes to the Pictobox. I just LOVE sailing around the open sea, finding and exploring new islands, and treasure hunting.

8)Etrian Odyssey IV. I'm pretty bad at this game, but I love it anyway. I love drawing out my own map. I like making my own party, and how there can be many ways to build one due to all of the classes and skills. And THE MUSIC. Probably one of my favorite video game OSTs.

9)Xenoblade Chronicles

10)Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest. SUPER controversial, I know, but I really enjoyed this game. Another one I'm terrible at, but the maps were fun and challenging even though I admittedly used the DLC EXP grinding map because I didn't properly divide story EXP too well. I suppose that shows just how awful I am at Fire Emblem :P. And I know many don't share this opinion, but I actually liked the characters, especially the Nohr siblings. And while the story was full of wasted potential, I definitely didn't outright HATE it, either. Not sure if I'll ever go back to this one, but I'm glad I played it.

10)Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest. SUPER controversial, I know, but I really enjoyed this game. Another one I'm terrible at, but the maps were fun and challenging even though I admittedly used the DLC EXP grinding map because I didn't properly divide story EXP too well. I suppose that shows just how awful I am at Fire Emblem :P. And I know many don't share this opinion, but I actually liked the characters, especially the Nohr siblings. And while the story was full of wasted potential, I definitely didn't outright HATE it, either. Not sure if I'll ever go back to this one, but I'm glad I played it.

Yay I'm not the only one who'd rank Fates up there!

My list in no order:

Baldur's Gate 2 - it has everything I want in a game. A villain with a great voice. A story in which the hero progresses from being a secluded nobody to a literal god. Dragons and liches. It has a perfect progressive difficulty, with the ability to kill some of the bigger enemies quite early on, but only with a lot of effort and careful strategy.

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines - super, super atmospheric. The story isn't particularly compelling, and you interact with few people, but it's an incredibly immersive game with extremely memorable chapters.

Bully - it's a non-nasty version (no death, no torture) of GTA, with extra mini-games thrown in. The calendar works really well; having to attend lessons and stick to a schedule helps the player keep up the pace. The music is superb; the soundtrack still ranks amongst my favourites.

Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride - I love all the DQ games I've played, but V is probably my favourite. The neat little plot twist helps elevate it amongst the rest of the series.

Ghost Trick - neat, well-polished game with a great story and an excellent ending (a rarity in games, IMO).

Knights of the Old Republic 1/2 - games I love better than the movies (and I was a pretty big SW fan for a while). 1 gets a mention for managing to surprise me (yes; I was probably the only person on earth who didn't see the reveal coming) and 2 gets a mention for its much better characters, morals and some interesting background information.

Ace Attorney (all of it) - total cop-out to name the entire series, but I couldn't pick a favourite, and it's really the overarching stories and characters I love.

Picross 3D (both games) - excellent example of taking a simple paper puzzle game and turning the electronic version into something better (that wouldn't really work in the original medium). The second game is also terrific bang for your buck.

Broken Sword - my real introduction to games, and still a fun series to play (the stereotyping is strong but also even-handed). My son is partially named for Nicole Collard, intrepid French reporter.

Fire Emblem Fates - with Conquest having my favourite gameplay, but Birthright having my favourite character. I can't really place my finger on what I find so compelling about Fates in particular, but despite its glaring faults (which I fully acknowledge) I've happily sunk 500+ hours into it and spent $600+ on merchandise this year, so there's obviously something about it.

Edited by Res

I'm basically recycling an old one for top 10. Because it pretty much hasn't changed, Diablo II still king.

1. Diablo 2

2. Age of Empires 2 + Expansion
3. Unreal Tournament 2k4
4. Timesplitters: Future Perfect
5. Warcraft 3 + Expansion
6. Medieval II: Total War + Kingdoms Expansion
7. Neverwinter Nights
8. Freelancer
9. Dark Souls series
10. Fire Emblem: Gaiden

Honorable mentions: Age of Empires 1 + Expansion, Rome Total War, Baldur's Gate 1 & 2, System Shock 2, Borderlands 2, Red Alert 2 + Expansion, Dawn of War + All Expansions, Magic the Gathering (Microprose), Rollercoaster Tycoon 2, Grand Theft Auto series, Crusader Kings II, Mortal Kombat series, Soul Blazer/Illusion of Gaia/Terranigma, Dynasty Warriors series is a guilty pleasure.

almost exclusively PC lol

Edited by Tryhard

1. The World Ends With You. One of the games where I can't find anything I don't like about it. I love the combat, I love the characters, I love the writing, I love the music, and I love the general feel of Shibuya being an actual city. Also gets props for one of the best twists ever, which hits the sweetspot between being unexpected and having tons of telegraphs if you know what to look for.

2. Tie between all Paradox games. I love Paradox Interactive for having easily the most plausible history simulators out there. These games, incidentally, are now Europa Universalis 4, Victoria 2, Hearts of Iron 4, and Crusader Kings 2. Every game is different, every nation plays differently. And, in each game, there are a LOT of nations. Definitely recommended.

3. Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. I love it for the same reasons everyone loves it. Moving on.

4. Xenoblade Chronicles. Great game for a lot of reasons, from the music to the open world to the combat to the fact that the bad guys are a Republican dictatorship while the good guys are a Monarchy. Also, Makhna Forest is fucking awesome because it has giant

T-Rexes and giant jungle mammoths or whatever and the part of me that adores Kenneth Branaugh's Walking With series just fanboys over it. Seriously, though, the idea that the Deinos Sauros would eat God for breakfast is freaking badass.

5. Pokemon Sun and Moon. Yep, these are on here. I consider them to be the best Pokemon games, and, with the exception of a few quality of life complaints (it's tough being a Crabrawler trainer) I really don't have any issues.

6. Rome: Total War. Remains the best Total War game in my eyes. Although it does have some stupid historical innacuracies (Epirus falling easily to the Brutii, Ptolemaic Egypt being African) I can forgive it for its excellent strategy combat.

7. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations. Might not count, being a visual novel, but I just love it. It doesn't even, in my mind, have Third Case Syndrome.

8. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. This is mostly for nostalgia, but I will always have fond memories of taking over the galaxy as an evil Sith Lord and bending it to my will, after slaughtering both the good Rakata and the evil Rakata. Ah, memories.

9. Revolution 1979. This is a relatively unknown game about the Iranian Revolution, but I love it. It does an excellent job of teaching the player about history while being a great game at the same time. The player is a photographer whose job it is to photograph the most important images from the Revolution. A really good game, and an example of using interactivity to teach people history.

10. FE Fates: Conquest. Yes, the story might make the Star Wars prequels seem like, well, the original trilogy. Yes, Camilla exists. But you know what? The gameplay is so sublime that I don't really care.

in no order:

final fantasy vii

zelda: ocarina of time

dragon quest viii

mario galaxy

metal gear solid 2

chrono trigger

persona 4

fire emblem path of radiance/radiant dawn

xenoblade chronicles

pokemon heart gold/soul silver

Top ten-ish list: