Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

6 is pretty popular in Japan If I remember correctly, more than 9/10.  With 7 being popular in the west and 6 in the east, Elibe's a pretty logical inclusion.

That's the datamine list, yeah?  No Wolt?  Pity.  I guess he'll come eventually.

Wonder why Xander isn't there by default though.

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

So what? Why does that matter? And I bet for most of the fandom now, it wasn't their first FE game. Many started with Awakening and maybe Fates as well, and a few like me started with Tellius. And it still doesn't explain FE6. It's the sequel, but it's still a separate game with a separate and unfamiliar cast.

Regardless, all the games included are milestones in FE's history. Shadow Dragon was the first FE game period (needless to say), Elibe was the first one outside Japan (you answered your own question regarding 6, it is still a part of the Elibe saga even if it wasn't localized) and Awakening and Fates are of the generation that revived the franchise. I personally see it as Fridge Brilliance to choose these four for the base game.

Sorry, but I just don't think Elibe being first in the west should matter that much. It's not even that popular anymore. As for 6, it's pretty hated as far as I know, due to being nothing but seize, Roy being crap and having a ridiculously late promotion, low growths and hit rates, etc. Yes, I've done a little research on the game in the past, before I decided I wasn't interested in it.

Tellius didn't do well, but that's sales-wise. Ike is possibly the most popular character now period, and I see a lot of fans begging for these games to get re-released. I don't see many asking for FE6 at all. In fact, I see most requests for either Tellius or FE4 and 5.

And really, my issue is mainly Ike not being in the game right away due to his popularity, not so much Elibe being in before his group (even though I don't like it at all anyway).

And I know Tellius characters will come eventually, that should be a given. It'd be even stupider to never add Ike.

Edited by Anacybele

11 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

http://imgur.com/HT6TvZC

What is this...

Considering that in this game, you can summon characters that are dead in cannon, it isn't so odd that he thinks that.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Sorry, but I just don't think Elibe being first in the west should matter that much. It's not even that popular anymore. As for 6, it's pretty hated as far as I know, due to being nothing but seize, Roy being crap and having a ridiculously late promotion, low growths and hit rates, etc. Yes, I've done a little research on the game in the past, before I decided I wasn't interested in it.

Tellius didn't do well, but that's sales-wise. Ike is possibly the most popular character now period, and I see a lot of fans begging for these games to get re-released. I don't see many asking for FE6 at all. In fact, I see most requests for either Tellius or FE4 and 5.

Edited by Water Mage

I am sobbing with all Ike Fans..

I guess he will come out later. To make money for them. If they release him now, people could reroll until they have him.

Not that i want to make excuses for leaving out an iconic character like Ike. I am heartbroken.

I just think that is the reason. Money.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Tellius didn't do well, but that's sales-wise. Ike is possibly the most popular character now period, and I see a lot of fans begging for these games to get re-released. I don't see many asking for FE6 at all.

You are heavily overstating Tellius's popularity. Sure Ike is popular,  but Tellius is more popular among the actual fans of the series. Tellius is difficult to get now, and reading up on what happens doesnt give the same response to actually playing it. Ike is the only Tellius character with any exposure due to his Smash appearance, and that is it. Elincia, Titania, Rhys, Ashera, Black Knight, they are about as popular as Gaiden's characters at this point. Known within the fan base, but anyone else wont know who they are to save their life. They are waiting to give a Tellius release until later. Probably when they announce an HD rerelease of Tellius or a VC port to switch. Dont forget the special edition of Shadows of Valentia comes along with HD versions of Tellius's cutscenes.

Elibe makes total sense for original release. They arent just trying to appeal to the West, they have Japan, and Europe to think about. Tellius is going to need some more popularity (which is why a VC release would probably come along with their addition to Heroes), before they make it in.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

FE6 just has REALLY wonky RNG and same turn attacking Reinforcements. Honestly, if it wasn't like that, I would actually like the game alot more. If they ever do make a FE6 remake and fix those issues, I'd actually enjoy playing it more!

The fact the Tellius games never sold 1 million copies saddens me greatly(they're so good though)......:sob:

3 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Considering that in this game, you can summon characters that are dead in cannon, it isn't so odd that he thinks that.

It's still sad thinking about it though...:(:

1 minute ago, Water Mage said:

The surprising part was more "They actually referenced something like that".

Anyways, something funny: each gender of Corrin has two variations-- they both have a 4 star variation. However, F!Corrin gets a 3 star version and M!Corrin gets a 5 star version. Talk about bucking trends, considering Lucina is a 5 star exclusive.

Er, are you agreeing with me, Water Mage? You must've quoted me for some reason...?

Sorry, the forum system screw over for me and I couldn't type after the quote.

And actually I was disagreeing with you. 6 is a very popular game in Japan, and a lot of characters from it are also very popular. There's also the fact Elibe is the first continent for fans in the west, so it makes sense that it's characters are given priority.

Ike's popularity alone doesn't give a good reason to include Tellius characters. 

8 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

You are heavily overstating Tellius's popularity. Sure Ike is popular,  but Tellius is more popular among the actual fans of the series. Tellius is difficult to get now, and reading up on what happens doesnt give the same response to actually playing it. Ike is the only Tellius character with any exposure due to his Smash appearance, and that is it. Elincia, Titania, Rhys, Ashera, Black Knight, they are about as popular as Gaiden's characters at this point. Known within the fan base, but anyone else wont know who they are to save their life. They are waiting to give a Tellius release until later. Probably when they announce an HD rerelease of Tellius or a VC port to switch. Dont forget the special edition of Shadows of Valentia comes along with HD versions of Tellius's cutscenes.

The bold: That's exactly my point, Tellius is one of the most desired set of games right now due to Ike's popularity and them being very hard to get.

And I would definitely argue that Elincia and the BK are more popular than that, especially since they're actually somewhat familiar due to their Smash trophies. The whole Tellius cast doesn't have to be in yet, just Ike and maybe Elincia for now, honestly. I understand holding back some characters to add later.

Elibe makes total sense for original release. They arent just trying to appeal to the West, they have Japan, and Europe to think about. Tellius is going to need some more popularity (which is why a VC release would probably come along with their addition to Heroes), before they make it in.

Duh, of course they have Japan and Europe to think about, I'm not contesting that. But I still don't agree. Elibe makes no sense to me whatsoever.

EDIT: Water Mage, that disappoints me then. I'm surprised no one is agreeing with me, honestly. I've never seen anything saying FE6 is popular in Japan and I don't see why it would be. Its gameplay sounds pretty awful.

And I still bet Tellius would be more popular if it had better marketing and better release times (the end of the GC's lifespan and near Brawl's release, come the heck on, of course those would make getting sales problematic).

Edited by Anacybele

If they've got a Tellius port in the works, like Elieson theorized, then it's not strange they're holding off on the characters from Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn. Now, if Ike won the poll, I'm sure he'll be added ahead of time (even though I admittedly know nothing about these sorts of games), but the rest will probably be used in a promotional manner, much like I suspect the Valentians will be used to get people to buy Echoes.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Duh, of course they have Japan and Europe to think about, I'm not contesting that. But I still don't agree. Elibe makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Several characters scored very highly on the poll, with Lyn being in the lead just like Ike, and the West was introduced to Fire Emblem via Elibe. I've got little love for Blazing Blade, but I can definitely see why Elibean characters are available from the get-go.

3 minutes ago, Thane said:

Several characters scored very highly on the poll, with Lyn being in the lead just like Ike, and the West was introduced to Fire Emblem via Elibe. I've got little love for Blazing Blade, but I can definitely see why Elibean characters are available from the get-go.

Well, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that dislikes the game. I always felt like everyone enjoyed it except me.

Also, Ike wasn't the only Tellius character to get in the top 20, remember. Mia and Nephenee were there too, as bleh as I think both are (especially Mia). So Ike is hardly the only popular Tellius character.

Edited by Anacybele

Also, Ike wasn't the only Tellius character to get in the top 20, remember. Mia and Nephenee were there too, as bleh as I think both are. So Ike is hardly the only popular Tellius character.

I never said that he was, I merely pointed out that the Elibean cast did very well, too. We may not be too fond of the games, but that doesn't mean the choice of including them is arcane if that many people liked them. I mean, if we only went by the popularity poll, there should be even more focus on Awakening and Fates.

Well, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that dislikes the game. I always felt like everyone enjoyed it except me.

Also, Ike wasn't the only Tellius character to get in the top 20, remember. Mia and Nephenee were there too, as bleh as I think both are. So Ike is hardly the only popular Tellius character.

Still amazing how they got on there despite the vote splitting for them(...that vote splitting business still sucks though...screwed ALOT of characters over...) :(:

Forget Lyn being first for females, she was first in the polls PERIOD.

Also, yes , I HATED how they handed the split voting. Marth is Marth, and Ike is Ike.

Edited by Blade_of_Light

11 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

It's going to be weird associating Elibe characters with their JP voice actresses now.

For once the association game seems like less of an issue on the English side. Wonder how long it will take for the Roy and Noctis jokes to get tiring...

8 minutes ago, Busterman64 said:

Ok, so they edited the video. Here is the (short) interview video again.

*snip*

I jumped when I heard Ash. Derrick's been pretty much the guy at gamexplain, so not hearing him was surprising.
Though the "not sacrificing depth" comment is kinda BS for obvious reasons. And of course they'd give a non-answer regarding series representation.

Edited by The DanMan

4 minutes ago, Busterman64 said:

Still amazing how they got on there despite the vote splitting for them(...that vote splitting business still sucks though...screwed ALOT of characters over...) :(:

Yeah, and I'll still never understand their popularity. They're as one-note and bland as most Awakening characters, imo. You can sum them up in like three or four words. Mia: sword and rival obsession. Nephenee: shy/embarrassed about her roots.

I would like Nephenee more, though, if she didn't hide her accent and stuff so much. I like the southern accent and style and she's just too quiet to me. It's okay to be shy, but this kind of southern style character isn't to my tastes. I've also never even known someone to be embarrassed about something like that. Why is she embarrassed anyway? This is never even really explained.

And yeah, I agree. The vote splitting was dumb. Marth and other characters got screwed hard. Ike might've been screwed too, if he lost to Roy or Hector... :(

Edited by Anacybele