• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

29 minutes ago, GinRei said:

So, under appreciated change in this update: not having the news page pop up every time you log out and log back in.  Really enjoying that.  It's a simple touch, but a nice touch.

I like how the update make it so that we don't need to see the banners preview everytime we log in.

8 minutes ago, Kiran said:

But since Frederick is a cav shouldn't he be able to reach Linde before she attacks?

Yes, which is how Ana has been dealing with Linde all this time.

We're simply saying that if she DOES get to him, he's done for.

2 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Yes, which is how Ana has been dealing with Linde all this time.

We're simply saying that if she DOES get to him, he's done for.

Well she could have someone with fortify/spur res? Depending on the nature, it could save him. 

2 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Well she could have someone with fortify/spur res? Depending on the nature, it could save him. 

Off the top of my head, she has Sakura, who could use Still-Water Balm, but that's all I know of res auras on her team (also her Frederick is a +Def nature. Idr bane)

That would save him if the Linde was -Atk AND if he were buffed by Sakura. Nothing else would save him (assuming they're both level 40, which the Linde may not be)

I tried swapping units at the start of a map and couldn't, so I figured it hadn't been brought in yet. Is the map swap under general settings? If so, definitely need to turn that one. Lost a few maps due to positioning today -.- Not in the arena, but still hurts when stamina is misused :(

3 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Off the top of my head, she has Sakura, who could use Still-Water Balm, but that's all I know of res auras on her team (also her Frederick is a +Def nature. Idr bane)

That would save him if the Linde was -Atk AND if he were buffed by Sakura. Nothing else would save him (assuming they're both level 40, which the Linde may not be)

What? Frederick survives neutral Linde, with a buff assuming not -Res or -Hp.

49 Atk x 0.8 (WTD) = 39.2. Round Down. 39.

Frederick has 14 Res (neutral). + 4 Res from Buff. = 18 Res

39 - 18 = 21 x 2 (because double attack) = 42. Thus Frederick lives with 1 hp, assuming neutral 43 hp.

2 minutes ago, Kiran said:

What? Frederick survives neutral Linde, with a buff assuming not -Res or -Hp.

49 Atk x 0.8 (WTD) = 39.2. Round Down. 39.

Frederick has 14 Res (neutral). + 4 Res from Buff. = 18 Res

39 - 18 = 21 x 2 (because double attack) = 42. Thus Frederick lives with 1 hp, assuming neutral 43 hp.

You round up for WTD. The damage is 22 x 2. 

4 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I tried swapping units at the start of a map and couldn't, so I figured it hadn't been brought in yet. Is the map swap under general settings? If so, definitely need to turn that one. Lost a few maps due to positioning today -.- Not in the arena, but still hurts when stamina is misused :(

All the setting changes is entering the repositioning mode by default.

Repositioning is still available by tapping the Swap Spaces button in the bottom of the screen even without this setting turned on (unless you moved a unit).

5 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

You have to tap swap spaces first, then adjust them, then tap fight to start the game.

MAKE SURE YOU TAP "SWAP SPACES"

Spoiler

No I'm not yelling, just want to make sure you get fully understand the instructions :)

Just now, Vaximillian said:

All the setting changes is entering the repositioning mode by default.

Repositioning is still available by tapping the Swap Spaces button in the bottom of the screen even without this setting turned on (unless you moved a unit).

I feel dumb not to have noticed the swap spaces button >.< I'll have to look out for it when I get on my phone :) I want to try it now but have to do this whole work thing for another two hours. No fair xD

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

You have to tap swap spaces first, then adjust them, then tap fight to start the game.

MAKE SURE YOU TAP "SWAP SPACES"

Hide contents

No I'm not yelling, just want to make sure you get fully understand the instructions :)

That's fine. I'm still confused as to how I missed it. I shall blame everything that isn't me xD I'll check it out when I'm back on my phone and start using it, since I've been looking forward to it :D

Edit: Sorry for the double post. I edited and then quoted, and then must have pressed it into the wrong box by mistake >.< And thus my ditzyness is revealed xD

Edited by Cute Chao

Sophia sucks just like I thought, but I managed to get Freddy's Attack+1 without using up all my stamina. Now it'll need to fill back up before I finish more of these quests though. I don't need the 3 star Stahl since I have a 4 star one at lv. 30, so getting Subaki will be easy (I'd like to have him again after I accidentally sent both the two I had before home). Cecilia though...ugh, I do not want to use Niles at all. But I have to, because Niles will get Cecilia and Cecilia will get 5 orbs...

8 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

You round up for WTD. The damage is 22 x 2. 

Whoops. I always mess this up. I'm too used to doing calculations to see if my WTA unit will ORKO the enemy.

Sophia sucks just like I thought, but I managed to get Freddy's Attack+1 without using up all my stamina. Now it'll need to fill back up before I finish more of these quests though. I don't need the 3 star Stahl since I have a 4 star one at lv. 30, so getting Subaki will be easy (I'd like to have him again after I accidentally sent both the two I had before home). Cecilia though...ugh, I do not want to use Niles at all. But I have to, because Niles will get Cecilia and Cecilia will get 5 orbs...

Niles is a great mage killer at least. I find that Cecilia is one of the harder ones to use. Her low spd and atk make it a pain to kill most things. Her only saving grace is escape route so that she doesn't die.

Edited by Kiran

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

5 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Niles is a great mage killer at least. I find that Cecilia is one of the harder ones to use. Her low spd and atk make it a pain to kill most things. Her only saving grace is escape route so that she doesn't die.

Cecilia is actually an amazing unit after skill inheritance. 

Since you're only using her for the quest and probably won't bother inheriting anything onto her, this is largely irrelevant, but I at least figured I'd let you know in case it made you change your mind about her.

Cecilia on a cavalry team with Nino's tome is more OP than Nino is

The reason's Nino is so good is because her tome converts all stat boosts to damage, allowing her to get up to +20 damage (which is HUGE) per hit if she gets +4 to all stats. Cecilia, on the other hand, is a cavalry unit, which means she can get buffed by Hone/Fortify Cavalry, giving her +6 to all stats for a total of +30 damage per hit. Plus she has a lot more mobility, being a cavalry unit. 

A buffed Cecilia w/ Gronnblade can easily OHKO nearly every unit in the game, with only a handful of reds being able to stop her (and even then, as a green unit she's capable of OHKOing a lot of red units without a special). 

tldr - Cecilia is an absolutely amazing character on the right teams, and I wouldn't overlook her. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

There you go again with "units sucks" mentality.

Every time you think that, you should really say "I don't know how to use X unit or the resources to make X unit good."

Sophia is a ranged axe user killer with axe breaker or a dancer.

1 minute ago, Kiran said:

Cecilia actually has a great ATK stat though. I've found Niles' attack low enough that he has trouble even killing some mages (and Raven tomes completely make him useless.)

Just now, shadowofchaos said:

There you go again with "units sucks" mentality.

Every time you think that, you should really say "I don't know how to use X unit or the resources to make X unit good."

Sophia is a ranged axe user killer with axe breaker or a dancer.

She's right this time, though. Sophia is really bad.

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

She's right this time, though. Sophia is really bad.

Deathless run would have been donefor without her.

I don't have any other red mages.

Not to mention I don't have focus units that aren't level 1.

Each unit has value. Sophia is less than optimal because of her AVAILABILITY as a free unit and less than stellar rarity.

With a resources of a whale, she kills +10 takumis yet being unmerged 5 star according to @Ice Dragon

Edited by shadowofchaos

10 minutes ago, Kiran said:

And then his def is really really low. I'm not good with units like that. Looks like I'd have trouble using Cecilia too though.

EDIT: Sorry, but it's my opinion that Sophia sucks. I don't give a damn what other people do with her.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

She is not? @Ice Dragon managed to make her work as an anti-green wall and eraser.

To be fair he has every unit under the sun and did a bunch of inheritance work for her, which a normal F2P would not necessarily have access to, depending on luck.

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

tldr - Cecilia is an absolutely amazing character, and I wouldn't overlook her. 

The problem with Ceclia is that you need a dedicated team around her in addition to skill inheritance. Plus cavs tend to have a low BST which hurts in the arena. Thus I find that while Horse Emblem might beat many teams, its not really feasible. 

3 minutes ago, GaleforceAbuse said:

Cecilia actually has a great ATK stat though. I've found Niles' attack low enough that he has trouble even killing some mages (and Raven tomes completely make him useless.)

Cecilia for me can not ORKO armors sometimes due to her abysmal speed stat. That is how low it is. She can get ORKO by some green mages. She can not ORKO nearly anything. Niles at least can with some mages and it helps if you have an atk boost. Plus he has the added utility of being effective against pegs. It makes training him a lot easier. 

2 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

To be fair he has every unit under the sun and did a bunch of inheritance work for her, which a normal F2P would not necessarily have access to, depending on luck.

This too.

I swear, people act like we're all Ice Dragons sometimes. (not directing this at anyone in particular, just saying). I don't have the resources to use skill inheritance on a Cecilia or Sophia just to get a few quests done.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Thor Odinson said:

All I did was give her Triangle Adept 3. Nothing more. She tanks green units for days.

If you want her to actually one-round something, though, she needs a Weaponbreaker or Quick Riposte, but a dancer is sufficient and easier to get.

5 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:
With a resources of a whale, she kills +10 takumis yet being unmerged 5 star according to @Ice Dragon

Requires Raudhrraven+ from Henry, which makes things more expensive, but not by too much.