Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Just now, Anacybele said:

Actually, no, it wasn't her Sacrifice ability, because she was supposed to be hiding that. Sothe told her to hide it because it could put her in danger. So no, the reason is NOT obvious. The soldiers who catch her call her a fortune teller and that they'd be heroes for getting her. That's not much of a reason either. Not every fortune teller becomes super famous just like that simply for fortune telling.

It was when she first showed it that the information started to explode. How the hell it exploded so fast, I don't know, but it was definetly showed. She started to hide it but it was too late.

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Actually, no, it wasn't her Sacrifice ability, because she was supposed to be hiding that. I just remembered Sothe told her to hide it because it could put her in danger. So no, the reason is NOT obvious. The soldiers who catch her call her a fortune teller and that they'd be heroes for getting her. That's not much of a reason either. Not every fortune teller becomes super famous just like that simply for fortune telling.

I thought he berates her for sacrificing, even though she never listens to him and always helps the people in need. That's why people talk about her and trust in her.

I thought the soldiers were ordered to catch a mere fortune teller so that they don't turn cloak for her.

People in Daein like Micaiah because she and her group were actively opposing the oppressive occupation forces at the risk of their own lives before the game even started, and took notice of her abilities.  For a while, they didn't see her, but heard rumors she was trying to find the lost prince of Daein.  

Then, behold, she found him, and they were forming an army to liberate their homeland from the suffering it had endured for three years.  

And she threw herself into an obvious trap to save some innocents, while getting herself and them out alive.

If I was some Daein peasant who had been taxed excessively and dirt poor due to the occupation force, with no combat ability, I'd look up to her too.

2 minutes ago, Rapha666br said:

It was when she first showed it that the information started to explode. How the hell it exploded so fast, I don't know, but it was definetly showed. She started to hide it but it was too late.

I still think it was silly and dumb after how much Ike went through to earn his respect and praise. He lost some allies, fought many battles, and carried an unconscious girl on his back even though he knew her brother hated beorc. He also yelled at an empress! He went through much more before becoming the famous hero he is in RD.

Edited by Anacybele

Actually, no, it wasn't her Sacrifice ability, because she was supposed to be hiding that. Sothe told her to hide it because it could put her in danger. So no, the reason is NOT obvious. The soldiers who catch her call her a fortune teller and that they'd be heroes for getting her. That's not much of a reason either. Not every fortune teller becomes super famous just like that simply for fortune telling.

From what I remember, her power of precognition helped make her the leader of the dawn brigade, which was pretty much the only form of resistance that did anything. Considering the situation Dain was in at that point, it's not hard to become a symbol of hope, since people really want to find something like that.

6 minutes ago, Rapha666br said:

Honestly, I can agree about it being flawed and ambitious (the ambitious is the best thing about the game imo). But I think people are way too harsh with it. I mean, when compared to other games, there isn't much they have done worse with the Telius games.I think the flaws are easily ignored, although that's just me being a little bias as they are my favorite game, and are the only games where I actualy remember all characters and the story( mostly)

I definitively enjoy more ambitious-but-flawed storytelling in general than the opposite as well. Radiant Dawn is my favourite game :) But I can't deny that it's flawed.

I don't think the Blood Pact and so on is that big a deal either...

Just now, Bartozio said:

From what I remember, her power of precognition helped make her the leader of the dawn brigade, which was pretty much the only form of resistance that did anything. Considering the situation Dain was in at that point, it's not hard to become a symbol of hope, since people really want to find something like that.

I still found Ike's story to have been written much better overall and to be more realistic. The biggest problem is that RD Part 1 is much shorter than PoR as a whole, so it was sadly rushed in comparison. It really should've been its own game, imo, with the rest of RD as a third installment.

I still think it was silly and dumb after how much Ike went through to earn his respect and praise. He lost some allies, fought many battles, and carried an unconscious girl on her back even though he knew her brother hated beorc. He also yelled at an empress! He went through much more before becoming the famous hero he is in RD.

And yet he made no mistakes that actually affected him. He lost allies? They were assholes anyway, and they got back. Yelled at an empress? It amused her.

I still think it was silly and dumb after how much Ike went through to earn his respect and praise. He lost some allies, fought many battles, and carried an unconscious girl on his back even though he knew her brother hated beorc. He also yelled at an empress! He went through much more before becoming the famous hero he is in RD.

But that's Ike, he is aweosme lol. There is no comparasion really. He is just a good protagonist, not just the kind man that commands others. Micaiah was spread really fast, but that is something Fire Emblem games almost always do. The word is big , but everything spreads as if they had internet connection lol. Everything is fast.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

And yet he made no mistakes that actually affected him. He lost allies? They were assholes anyway, and they got back. Yelled at an empress? It amused her.

That's beside the point. All I'm saying is that Ike did a hell of a lot more to earn the respect and praise he got than Micaiah did.

Also, Shinon is not easy to re-recruit, especially if your Ike got stat screwed.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Is this what they call "Plot armor"?

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

No, that's being unable to die because of the story. For example, Titania and Soren both have plot armor in PoR because if they're defeated in battle, they only retreat, not die. This is due to having story scenes later on.

Marcus also has it in FE7 because he's in FE6.

Edited by Anacybele

That's beside the point. All I'm saying is that Ike did a hell of a lot more to earn the respect and praise he got than Micaiah did.

And I'm saying it's pretty dubious to claim that Ike is a good protagonist who actually did a hell of a lot. Titania and Soren made his battle plans, conjecture did the rest.

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Refer to Ephraim for other fine specimen.

I still found Ike's story to have been written much better overall and to be more realistic. The biggest problem is that RD Part 1 is much shorter than PoR as a whole, so it was sadly rushed in comparison. It really should've been its own game, imo, with the rest of RD as a third installment.

Funny you mention RD part 1. It was so short that you could barely level up units. Most units become unusable later because they are way underleved( to the point that the generic yellow units are better lol). it didn't affect just the story, it afected the gameplay, and that's one of the flaws RD has that most other games don't have. Down Brigade is basicaly hard mode, wich is weird, since the game is suposed to get harder, not easier. Part III was so easy because everyone was already good. You could use anyone. If it wasn't for the PRF weapons the initial down Brigade trio gets, they would have much more trouble to catch up later.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Also, Shinon is not easy to re-recruit, especially if your Ike got stat screwed.

The comparison between Ike and Micaiah is really missing the point. Yes, Ike went through a lot more, but his name also spread more widly. Micaiah became a hero to Deain, whereas Ike was a hero to pretty much the whole continent.

And even if Ike's story arc is better written, it doesn't make Micaiah's bad.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Refer to Ephraim for other fine specimen.

Lol I knew you'd say that ;)

I never got to play Path of Radiance cause I decided to play Blazing Blade first (worth it)

Now I want to just to see what the fuss is all about hee hee

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

No, that's being unable to die because of the story.

It was just a joke, I wasn't being literal heh

Just now, Bartozio said:

The comparison between Ike and Micaiah is really missing the point. Yes, Ike went through a lot more, but his name also spread more widly. Micaiah became a hero to Deain, whereas Ike was a hero to pretty much the whole continent.

And even if Ike's story arc is better written, it doesn't make Micaiah's bad.

Fair point. They are not in the same scale of popularity.

When they're actually compared to each other in-game, yes, my argument is valid. Remember, Elincia said Bastian compared Micaiah to Ike and Pelleas to her. I can see why Bastian would do this, but he didn't have EVERY detail. I still think it would be wtf to say that they actually do compare.

Besides, like I said, we have differing opinions and should just leave it at that.

8 minutes ago, Rapha666br said:

If it wasn't for the PRF weapons the initial down Brigade trio gets, they would have much more trouble to catch up later.

Weapons that didn't exist in the Japanese version of the game.

That one mission where you had to defend as Micaiah against Ike. That was fun.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Yea. Nothing satisfied me more than struggling on my first playthrough with the Dawn Brigade, but having a super heavily built GM team that I had to fight against. There was definitely no kick below the belt there yes it's the one thing I'm salty about in fire emblem

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

The game was already a bit riduculous on the normal dificult, cheap at Down Brigade parts. Of course, the hardcore japanese players won't have a problem with that, but it was still a bit too much IMO. I prefer the english version.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

When they're actually compared to each other in-game, yes, my argument is valid. Remember, Elincia said Bastian compared Micaiah to Ike and Pelleas to her. I can see why Bastian would do this, but he didn't have EVERY detail. I still think it would be wtf to say that they actually do compare.

Besides, like I said, we have differing opinions and should just leave it at that.

Of course it's your opnion, that's the point of the conversation so we can share it. I got your points though.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Oh man, I hated that one because I didn't want to fight Ike. :( And it was hard because yeah, I'd beefed him and his guys up!

I know I'll be fighting against him in Heroes, but mainly to free him from Veronica's grasp! And hopefully by the time I face any Ikes in the arena and tower and such, I'll have my own!

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Elieson said:

Yea. Nothing satisfied me more than struggling on my first playthrough with the Dawn Brigade, but having a super heavily built GM team that I had to fight against. There was definitely no kick below the belt there yes it's the one thing I'm salty about in fire emblem

I have to agree. I get really salty in Fire Emblem games when you have limited resources and lame weapons, when the enemis get all the best stuff. That's one thing I liked about FE4, you could just fix your best weapons as long as you wisely spend your gold for each unit. RD in the endgame was ridiculous with no shops to get more weapon and items during the tower. And that's with everyone spamming long ranged tomes all over the place all the time. I get it is about the chalenge, but don't ruin the fun like that IMO.

Just now, Elieson said:

I have to agree. I get really salty in Fire Emblem games when you have limited resources and lame weapons, when the enemis get all the best stuff. That's one thing I liked about FE4, you could just fix your best weapons as long as you wisely spend your gold for each unit. RD in the endgame was ridiculous with no shops to get more weapon and items during the tower. And that's with everyone spamming long ranged tomes all over the place all the time. I get it is about the chalenge, but don't ruin the fun like that IMO.

2 minutes ago, Rapha666br said:

That's one thing I liked about FE4, you could just fix your best weapons as long as you wisely spend your gold for each unit. RD in the endgame was ridiculous with no shops to get more weapon and items during the tower. And that's with everyone spamming long ranged tomes all over the place all the time. I get it is about the chalenge, but don't ruin the fun like that IMO.

Yea

I had just grown used to the franchise being about building your army, and not ever fighting amongst yourselves. It was really out of the box to suddenly take this mediocre team that you'd been struggling with and at that point with my involvement in the fandom, I wasn't quite confident that you could kill a unit and not lose the ability to later recruit them. It was stressful when playing for the first time blindly!

Edited by Elieson