Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, Falcom said:

Yeah. Gonna have to use light blessings. Thankfully May quests are coming up soon. So it ain't an issue.

For some reason I can't beat 10-5. Everyone says that's really easy, and I'm sure it is. But I don't really have the right units to handle Ike. The guy somehow takes down Lukas. He just shrugs off WTA and Lukas' almighty defense. I'm not sure how. I don't believe Ike was doubling either. And this occurred when I had Lukas initiate the attack at full HP. Don't believed he proc Aether either.

Reveal hidden contents

Use someone with Swordbreaker.  Sully works especially well, due to having a Sapphire Lance.

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

3 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Yeah. Gonna have to use light blessings. Thankfully May quests are coming up soon. So it ain't an issue.

For some reason I can't beat 10-5. Everyone says that's really easy, and I'm sure it is. But I don't really have the right units to handle Ike. The guy somehow takes down Lukas. He just shrugs off WTA and Lukas' almighty defense. I'm not sure how. I don't believe Ike was doubling either. And this occurred when I had Lukas initiate the attack at full HP. Don't believed he proc Aether either.

Hide contents

Perhaps Ike truly is the strongest Hero?

Ike should be doubling Lucas, since Lucas is damn slow, and Ike is actually in a decent speed tier. Ike is also stronger than Lucas (technically =Str, but Ike has the better weapon), which means he procs Aether after 1 round of combat thanks to heavy blade.

Aether destroys people like Lucas, who rely on their monstrous Def stats to win duels. (Ike heals basically all his HP back, and 2 Aethers should kill Lucas without problems.)

5 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Use someone with Swordbreaker.  Sully works especially well, due to having a Sapphire Lance.

Nah it's fine. I already used up light blessings because I just wanna summon already. I would've trained Sully though for that.

4 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Ike should be doubling Lucas, since Lucas is damn slow, and Ike is actually in a decent speed tier. Ike is also stronger than Lucas (technically =Str, but Ike has the better weapon), which means he procs Aether after 1 round of combat thanks to heavy blade.

Aether destroys people like Lucas, who rely on their monstrous Def stats to win duels. (Ike heals basically all his HP back, and 2 Aethers should kill Lucas without problems.)

Yeah that's what I thought as well except I didn't recall seeing him double. Perhaps he did? Oh well.
And yeah I realized heavy blade was a thing. Geez that's a good skill to have.

1 hour ago, Quintessence said:

Of course you can. You can even use Ike due to his built-in distant counter to take hits from soren or bow users, then use some assist positioning skill and make klein deal the final blow. Mine is +atk -def and had rally and spur support but you can make some tweaks and do pretty fine as well. You also have Ephraim who has built-in hone atk 2.

Yeah, I've been trying to find ways to make my beloved trio (Ike, Freddy, and Ephraim) work as a powerful team alongside Klein or Olivia. They can buff each other's attack and def which is awesome, but I still need a solution to the mage problem with these three... And Olivia and Klein don't exactly have high res either.

As it stands, my guys are only built to take down physical teams. Freddy can barely be scratched by them and wrecks armors, lances, and axes, Ike wrecks swords and axes, and Ephraim wrecks more swords and stuff. Klein can take stuff down without taking much damage thanks to good attack and Brave Bow.

I'm thinking of giving one or more of them Tomebreakers.

Edited by Anacybele

55 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I've been trying to find ways to make my beloved trio (Ike, Freddy, and Ephraim) work as a powerful team alongside Klein or Olivia. They can buff each other's attack and def which is awesome, but I still need a solution to the mage problem with these three... And Olivia and Klein don't exactly have high res either.

As it stands, my guys are only built to take down physical teams. Freddy can barely be scratched by them and wrecks armors, lances, and axes, Ike wrecks swords and axes, and Ephraim wrecks more swords and stuff. Klein can take stuff down without taking much damage thanks to good attack and Brave Bow.

I'm thinking of giving one or more of them Tomebreakers.

I don't recommend Tomebreakers because you'll sacrifice valuable B skills like Swordbreaker on Ike and Quick Riposte on Klein. My advice is placing Olivia for Fred. It would help a lot if you have assist skills such as swap, reposition, draw back or pivot but you can try to replicate that with Olivia.

34 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

I don't recommend Tomebreakers because you'll sacrifice valuable B skills like Swordbreaker on Ike and Quick Riposte on Klein. My advice is placing Olivia for Fred. It would help a lot if you have assist skills such as swap, reposition, draw back or pivot but you can try to replicate that with Olivia.

I don't want to quit using Freddy though... I put so much work into him. :( And I'd have no Hector/Effie/other armor counter. Freddy one-rounds them and the others can honestly barely do anything to them.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I don't want to quit using Freddy though... I put so much work into him. :( And I'd have no Hector/Effie/other armor counter. Freddy one-rounds them and the others can honestly barely do anything to them.

I was speaking about World of Radiance chapters though. You can still use him at the arena.

Finished most of the Lunatic maps and quests with my arena team and got back to 20 orbs for another round of pulls. Still didn't get Ike, or Titania for that matter (or even Soren), but I did manage to get Julia so I'm not completely empty on 5*s this round. Not sure what use I have for her since I already have two other green tome 5*s (s!Camilla and Merric, although Julia sounds better than both) and Hector already takes care of all my green needs anyway, but regardless, she's a new 5* and one with a unique weapon at that so I sure can't complain. Her initial passives seem pretty unimpressive so I might have her inherit some new ones instead of learning them.

7 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

I was speaking about World of Radiance chapters though. You can still use him at the arena.

Oh, okay, that's different. :P

But the mage problem IS mainly in the arena. I run into so many there for some reason.

20 minutes ago, Levin's Scarf said:

In the process of summoning Ike last night, I also ended up pulling 6 Pallas, for a total of 8 Pallas on my roster. I now have Moonbow fodders for days.

Don't forget her Goad Fliers.

Kinshi Knights when? (+12/+12 for everyone, fair and balanced.)

26 minutes ago, Othin said:

Finished most of the Lunatic maps and quests with my arena team and got back to 20 orbs for another round of pulls. Still didn't get Ike, or Titania for that matter (or even Soren), but I did manage to get Julia so I'm not completely empty on 5*s this round. Not sure what use I have for her since I already have two other green tome 5*s (s!Camilla and Merric, although Julia sounds better than both) and Hector already takes care of all my green needs anyway, but regardless, she's a new 5* and one with a unique weapon at that so I sure can't complain. Her initial passives seem pretty unimpressive so I might have her inherit some new ones instead of learning them.

Julia is definitely better than Camilla (without flier support) and Merric. Merric is faster and has more bulk (specially physical) but Julia handles mages pretty consistently and is the bane of manaketes so she will get some use. Also be ready for the heavy sp grind!

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Woah, I actually got a FE Heroes/Echoes wallpaper for both PC and mobile from Nintendo for my birthday. That's really neat.

Oh, neat! Mind showing the image? I'm rather curious.

10 minutes ago, Ryu Yuki said:

I'm not sure if anyone posted this yet, but apparently we'll be getting a 10 minute livestream tomorrow about upcoming FEH content. Here's the link if anyone is interested, which should start streaming exactly 24 hours from when I made this post: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9sxKsU_p8A

10 minutes seems pretty short, but I guess there's not THAT much to talk about.

Ohhh, I hope we see the first look at what the alternate poll winner art is.

2 minutes ago, r_n said:

Well, I can't promise anything concrete, but it does sound like whatever they want to announce is going to be relatively important. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if they actually did get around to talking about the CYL heroes. And 10 minutes actually feels kinda long to me, considering it's going to be exclusively about FE:H. All the trailers we've gotten so far lasted around 1:30 minutes and the Fire Emblem Direct from several months ago (Which announced a whopping 4 new games and had tons of information) was barely 20 minutes long. Well, we'll see what information they cough up tomorrow.

Just now, Ryu Yuki said:

Well, I can't promise anything concrete, but it does sound like whatever they want to announce is going to be relatively important. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if they actually did get around to talking about the CYL heroes. And 10 minutes actually feels kinda long to me, considering it's going to be exclusively about FE:H. All the trailers we've gotten so far lasted around 1:30 minutes and the Fire Emblem Direct from several months ago (Which announced a whopping 4 new games and had tons of information) was barely 20 minutes long. Well, we'll see what information they cough up tomorrow.

Aren't the cipher streams usually kind of long? Like 20-30? Or am I totally misremembereing

I'm guessing they'll also talk more about some future plans and non-character additions, that could be cool. Maybe they'll do more game modes to go with every update, help give more to do beyond arena & grinding.

21 minutes ago, Ryu Yuki said:

I'm not sure if anyone posted this yet, but apparently we'll be getting a 10 minute livestream tomorrow about upcoming FEH content. Here's the link if anyone is interested, which should start streaming exactly 24 hours from when I made this post: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9sxKsU_p8A

Whoa that's pretty good. HYPE! Already set the reminder.

9 minutes ago, r_n said:

Heroes' introduction on the FE Direct was like 10-12 min long so it actually is pretty good in length, imo. That said, we might see the announcement of new features, probably characters or new stuff.

2 minutes ago, r_n said:

Aren't the cipher streams usually kind of long? Like 20-30? Or am I totally misremembereing

I'm guessing they'll also talk more about some future plans and non-character additions, that could be cool. Maybe they'll do more game modes to go with every update, help give more to do beyond arena & grinding.

I don't follow Cipher streams, and had no idea they lasted that long. If those are really 20-30 minutes, then I suppose 10 minutes might not seem much in comparison. What do they even talk about, actually? That's a lot of time for a card game honestly speaking.

And yeah, I'm hoping for something along those lines too. Would be nice if they threw in the upcoming Xander banner too, just because I'm really curious if Ryoma is in there. 

1 minute ago, Ryu Yuki said:

I don't follow Cipher streams, and had no idea they lasted that long. If those are really 20-30 minutes, then I suppose 10 minutes might not seem much in comparison. What do they even talk about, actually? That's a lot of time for a card game honestly speaking.

And yeah, I'm hoping for something along those lines too. Would be nice if they threw in the upcoming Xander banner too, just because I'm really curious if Ryoma is in there. 

I thought for sure I was wrong about that.

But then I looked it up. The streams on youtube seem to be over an hour long. I think there's like interviews with the artists and such? Still, that's...crazy??

3 minutes ago, r_n said:

I thought for sure I was wrong about that.

But then I looked it up. The streams on youtube seem to be over an hour long. I think there's like interviews with the artists and such? Still, that's...crazy??

Are they really that long? That's like, as long as full Nintendo Directs. Maybe the Cipher section was just part of it?

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Are they really that long? That's like, as long as full Nintendo Directs. Maybe the Cipher section was just part of it?

Nintendo Directs almost never reach an hour. Most are 20-40 minutes.

Skipping through the streams, its almost entirely focused on the card game and specific cards and so on.

Maybe they find that game presentations present better in briefer chunks compared with collectable card games?

Just now, r_n said:

Nintendo Directs almost never reach an hour. Most are 20-40 minutes.

Skipping through the streams, its almost entirely focused on the card game and specific cards and so on.

Maybe they find that game presentations present better in briefer chunks compared with collectable card games?

Wow, that's insane. I doubt I would sit through that entire thing.