Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 hour ago, phineas81707 said:

So, if you wanted to make a team of only girls, without even a male buffing or otherwise supporting unit, which units would you pick out for the team?

All-Girls runs are pains in normal FE where you have the resources and need to figure out how to survive with nowhere near the roster the game thinks you have. In Heroes, the actual 'surviving' step is the trivial one- getting the resources is much harder.

(...I'm gonna forestall Flier Emblem, because those are easy. Three flying units out of how many are males.)

A standard blade team of Eirika, Nino, Sharena, Ninian is already all-girls lmao

Likewise, a cavalry team composed of Cecilia, Ursula, Titania, and Peri (with inherited blade tomes and Hone/Fortify Cavalry on the appropriate members) works too

A fully dragon team with Y!Tiki, Nowi, Fae, and Ninian also seems pretty great

Faves while keeping some semblance of viability with the units I have: Lyn, Julia, Ninian, and Sharena

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

5 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I mean, that could have been calculated. People want you to lose to their defense, after all, so they didn't want you to know the others were magic users :/

Anyways, the week's only half over, so you have plenty of time to try again!

What could've been? There's no guarantee what the other three units are. They could be anybody. I wish the difficulty options would at least show you the colors/weapons of the other three like the tower does. That way we can better choose a favorable matchup.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

What could've been? There's no guarantee what the other three units are. They could be anybody. I wish the difficulty options would at least show you the colors/weapons of the other three like the tower does. That way we can better choose a favorable matchup.

That way you'll never have a defence win at all.
(not that I had any since the reposition update)

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I meant the other person could have intentionally set up a melee and 3 mages to trick people like you since, as you said, you can't see the other 3. 

In fact many people take advantage of that to get wins by doing stuff like having a single green unit as the lead and then 3 blues to counter any red-heavy teams that go for the green. Stuff like that. 

I disagree with being able to see colors/weapons of the others because it's already difficult for many people to get defense wins from week to week who then miss out on 500 feathers. Opponents being able to see colors/weapons would make it far harder to get a defense win than it already is. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

That way you'll never have a defence win at all.
(not that I had any since the reposition update)

Not necessarily. The weapons don't exactly reflect how easy the match will actually be. I've ended up losing in ones that looked favorable because the units themselves had unexpected skills or stats or both.

And defense wins rarely happen enough anyway, so it might as well not even be a thing, I guess.

Edited by Anacybele

My team this season is already 3 girls(Ryoma, Nino, Sharena, Olivia), just need to sub Ryoma with someone.

Idealistically something like Tri-buff Eirika, Nino, bladeOlwen, and Olivia/Azura would be my choice, as a good balance of having both people I like who are also good units. I'm sure I can fit Minerva on to a non-all-flier team, also. 

And defense wins rarely happen enough anyway, so it might as well not even be a thing, I guess.

With how expensive promotion is, you need every feather you can lay hands on.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

With how expensive promotion is, you need every feather you can lay hands on.

Then replace it with some other feature that gives feathers. Defense wins seem pointless since like I said, they almost NEVER happen.

Then replace it with some other feature that gives feathers. Defense wins seem pointless since like I said, they almost NEVER happen.

I mean I consistently get at least 10 defense wins per week, sometimes more than 20

If they almost never happen, that's even more reason to keep it easier for people to get defense wins, no?

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

This is bad for two reasons:

1) Defense wins are hard to get enough already, and this is even more so the case with the new update allowing you to reposition units at the start of the game.

2) What good does even knowing the weapon types of the other units do for you, anyway? You can't change your team after spending a dueling sword without surrendering and spending another one. Generally you want to spend your swords to challenge opponents with high ratings, but in your position I doubt you have a lot of those to go around, since you'll have to tap into your orb supply once you've run dry of crests.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Not necessarily. The weapons don't exactly reflect how easy the match will actually be. I've ended up losing in ones that looked favorable because the units themselves had unexpected skills or stats or both.

So just remove the feature from the game then? That won't fly.

EDIT: @MaskedAmpharos same here haha

Edited by MrSmokestack

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Right, so let's make then even more unobtainable.

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

This is bad for two reasons:

1) Defense wins are hard to get enough already, and this is even more so the case with the new update allowing you to reposition units at the start of the game.

2) What good does even knowing the weapon types of the other units do for you, anyway? You can't change your team after spending a dueling sword without surrendering and spending another one. Generally you want to spend your swords to challenge opponents with high ratings, but in your position I doubt you have a lot of those to go around, since you'll have to tap into your orb supply once you've run dry of crests.

So just remove the feature from the game then? That won't fly.

Yeah, either remove defense win feathers from the game or increase the amount we get. For how rare defense wins are, 500 at MOST is pathetic. So like I said, it feels pointless for it to even be there right now.

So no, it's not a bad idea at all to remove them.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Right, so let's make then even more unobtainable.

I didn't say that. In fact, I DID say to replace it with another feature that gets feathers. And even if it wasn't replaced, we're only losing 500 feathers at most like I said above which is pretty small.

I'm really surprised no one is agreeing with me, because it's so obvious to me.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

Yeah, either remove defense win feathers from the game or increase the amount we get. For how rare defense wins are, 500 at MOST is pathetic. So like I said, it feels pointless for it to even be there right now.

So no, it's not a bad idea at all.

I didn't say that. In fact, I DID say to replace it with another feature that gets feathers. And even if it wasn't replaced, we're only losing 500 feathers at most like I said above which is pretty small.

It's precisely because they're so hard to forget that they aren't worth as much. 

Since it's only 500 feathers, if you don't manage to get a defense win for the week, you'll feel sad about it, but it's not the end of the world because you only missed out on 500 feathers. If the reward were higher, then people who don't get a defense win will feel even worse because now instead of losing 500 feathers per week they're missing out on 1000 or whatever you think the higher reward should be. 

I'm open to discussing the idea of an alternative feature for feathers though. Do you have any ideas already?

Just now, JSND said:

Honestly i imagine in the future we will get a Sacred Seals farming area, which is why they introduced the "Dupe Seal into 300 feather"

I need a dupe seal right now, so that I can send one of my Marias home and finally promote Reinhardt.

2 minutes ago, JSND said:

Honestly i imagine in the future we will get a Sacred Seals farming area, which is why they introduced the "Dupe Seal into 300 feather"

Ah yes, I forgot about that. Can't wait to check it out when it does come.

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

It's precisely because they're so hard to forget that they aren't worth as much. 

Since it's only 500 feathers, if you don't manage to get a defense win for the week, you'll feel sad about it, but it's not the end of the world because you only missed out on 500 feathers. If the reward were higher, then people who don't get a defense win will feel even worse because now instead of losing 500 feathers per week they're missing out on 1000 or whatever you think the higher reward should be. 

I'm open to discussing the idea of an alternative feature for feathers though. Do you have any ideas already?

Yeah, but when you practically never get defense wins, it begs the question of why it's even a thing. It's there, but you can never get it no matter what you do? Makes no sense.

But whatever the change is, I still think it needs to be tweaked or removed so it feels like less of a waste.

I think I'm a little less than 3,000 feathers away from my next 5 star upgrade myself. I sent home a bunch of the reds I got while looking for Ike, so that helped.

So no, it's not a bad idea at all to remove them.

Feather acquisition isn't supposed to be easy or quick. To compensate, there are multiple ways to obtain them, whether from greeting friends in the castle each day, playing arena matches, or grinding Hero Merit. Heroes prefers you spend money to get 5*, so naturally feathers are never going to become "farmable". I and many others think the system we have is fine, even if not everyone can utilize every single source of feather revenue.

5* Exclusives wouldn't be enough to get whales to pay out orbs if using feathers on high-tier units that can be obtained at lower rarities is the more efficient option.

9 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Feather acquisition isn't supposed to be easy or quick. To compensate, there are multiple ways to obtain them, whether from greeting friends in the castle each day, playing arena matches, or grinding Hero Merit. Heroes prefers you spend money to get 5*, so naturally feathers are never going to become "farmable". I and many others think the system we have is fine, even if not everyone can utilize every single source of feather revenue.

5* Exclusives wouldn't be enough to get whales to pay out orbs if using feathers on high-tier units that can be obtained at lower rarities is the more efficient option.

I disagree that the system is fine. It's still far too hard to get feathers and you typically go a month or so before you can upgrade another 5 star. That's ridiculous, imo, and I've seen plenty of other people complain that 20,000 is too much.

The arena's biggest reward output of feathers is 5000 for rank 1, 2,500 for a score of over 4,000, and then 500 for a defensive win, making a total of 8,000, but does anyone ever come even close to that? It's barely manageable to get 2,000 feathers from one arena season and each season lasts a whole week.

I'm not saying feathers need to be farmable or totally easy to get, just a little easier than it is now. Shorten arena seasons a little bit maybe, or increase the feather output a little. Not a lot, just a little, maybe by an extra 1,000 or 1,500.

Edited by Anacybele

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I disagree that the system is fine. It's still far too hard to get feathers and you typically go a month or so before you can upgrade another 5 star. That's ridiculous, imo, and I've seen plenty of other people complain that 20,000 is too much.

Well if you always have a bonus unit, it really isn't an issue, which is why you should have Alfonse, Anna, and Sharena at 4 stars or higher.

If you do that, making feathers is bangerz. I'm already at 33k and I promoted a unit like 3 weeks ago lol

Also, with regards to the defense system, I've only not had a defense for 3 seasons and that was because I didn't include Olivia in my defense team. Once I did that, I got at least 1 from since the update. So far my highest is 284. All you have to do is come up with something cheap and let it lose :P

In my case:

Jaffar

Olivia

Male Robin

Lyn

7 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Well if you always have a bonus unit, it really isn't an issue, which is why you should have Alfonse, Anna, and Sharena at 4 stars or higher.

If you do that, making feathers is bangerz. I'm already at 33k and I promoted a unit like 3 weeks ago lol

Also, with regards to the defense system, I've only not had a defense for 3 seasons and that was because I didn't include Olivia in my defense team. Once I did that, I got at least 1 from since the update. So far my highest is 284. All you have to do is come up with something cheap and let it lose :P

In my case:

Jaffar

Olivia

Male Robin

Lyn

I've been putting Olivia in my defense teams as well, but no defense wins. I don't understand why when I also have powerful people like Ike and Ephraim and a beefed up Frederick with her now. Teams with mages would defeat them easily, yes, but I'd imagine physical ones would have quite a hard time. Three of these have high HP because of either +HP boon or in Frederick's case, naturally high HP to begin with. Frederick is +Def and Ike and Ephraim have highish def to. I do admit I need to get Olivia to lv. 40 again though, as I replaced the previous one I got with another one I pulled. This new Olivia is +Spd! No more getting doubled so much! But I am trying a defense team that includes my Robins for some of that mage trickery that baited me for now.

I've been busy grinding SP for Ike though, so no one else has been getting attention, really. :P Blame the high costs for his skills! 500 for Aether when Ike only has 39 levels to get nice SP gains is rough. So now he's low on SP a lot.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

I've been putting Olivia in my defense teams as well, but no defense wins. I don't understand why when I also have powerful people like Ike and Ephraim and a beefed up Frederick with her now. Teams with mages would defeat them easily, yes, but I'd imagine physical ones would have quite a hard time. Three of these have high HP because of either +HP boon or in Frederick's case, naturally high HP to begin with. I do admit I need to get Olivia to lv. 40 again though, as I replaced the previous one I got with another one I pulled. This new Olivia is +Spd! No more getting doubled so much!

My Olivia is +Spd too lol

Also, you should try to put a tome user on our team. That's probably why you haven't got any wins. Tome user go a long way when it comes to fighting those who have high defense but low res, even though all of your people have monstrous attack

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I've been busy grinding SP for Ike though, so no one else has been getting attention, really. :P Blame the high costs for his skills! 500 for Aether when Ike only has 40 levels to get nice SP gains is rough. So now he's low on SP a lot.

If I get Ike, I wouldn't really bother getting aether since he can proc Luna even faster.

Also, the best way to grind a level 40 unit's SP is spamming 8th stratum. The units are easy enough to fight, but high enough to get SP from EZPZ

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

The arena's biggest reward output of feathers is 5000 for rank 1, 2,500 for a score of over 4,000, and then 500 for a defensive win, making a total of 8,000, but does anyone ever come even close to that? It's barely manageable to get 2,000 feathers from one arena season and each season lasts a whole week.

One 5* unit of your choice per month is pretty reasonable, actually. Gacha is fickle and can dump a bunch of 5* on you or give you 5 3* sessions six times in a row. 20,000 is steep, but the limiting factor is justified considering the premium currency. It was mainly an issue during release time when people chose not to reroll and were frustrated by the lead the reroller's and P2Per's had over them Day One.  By now the rosters of most people who've been playing since release are pretty sizeable, so new 5* units aren't needed per se as much as they are wanted.

But what about people who arrived late? IS has not only been transparent with their development plans but also generous with offering free premium currency as well as other resources, like the care packages they dropped for the release of Echoes and at the end of each of the Voting Gauntlets. They're even bringing back the Log-In bonus of 2 Daily Orbs, if only for a little while. There may be dry spells, but them's the breaks like with any gacha game.

Spoiler

How we got here from "I lost in Arena" to "Defense wins should be removed from the game", I will never know