• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

3 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Ooh, are you a doctor now? Where did you go to med school? Just curious. I was interested in nursing school before and got in but left because I didn't think it suited me. Now I'm in a different program

Yeah, I'm a doctor.  I'll have to keep exactly where I went to school secret for privacy reasons; I don't mind the question, I'd just rather not broadcast my internet activities to potential patients, since medical professionals have to foster a professional image.

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, really? So cool. :D Proud of my Freddy Bear here! I honestly thought Reinhardt and maybe Olwen might've had higher attack. Reinhardt especially seems to rip a lot of people apart.

Yeah, but I feel like Sanaki has some legit reason for doing that. She's still a child for one thing, and children can play games like that. And as she said, life in a palace can be boring and unentertaining. Take it from Elincia, she never wanted to be queen and never seemed to enjoy that life at all (a reason it always saddened me that she couldn't leave and marry Ike and settle down with him instead. She'd have enjoyed that kind of life more given how she grew up). From what I've learned and heard, royal or noble life isn't always fields of flowers. Fictional stories describe it like this rather frequently too, such as in Disney's Aladdin where Jasmine hated her palace life. I think the classic story The Prince and the Pauper is a similar scenario, where the prince wanted to switch places because he wanted to get away from his life for awhile.

And as said above, Sanaki does kind of quit doing her shenanigans down the road.

“You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.”   Once Ike and co started being useful, she stopped being a little butt, but first impressions soured her beyond repair for me.

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Hello Reinhardt!

Meet my friend Hector!

*Reinhardt look sat Hector*

*Hector is foaming at the mouth and is tied down with a leesh"

*Reinhardt slowly walks away*

Oh, cool, when did you get Hector?

Just now, Arcanite said:

I dont even know what to say to that...........

Hide contents

Run

I won

Bunny Camilla saved me

Reinhardt can go choke on his cravat 

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Yeah, I'm a doctor.  I'll have to keep exactly where I went to school secret for privacy reasons; I don't mind the question, I'd just rather not broadcast my internet activities to potential patients, since medical professionals have to foster a professional image.

Makes sense! It's just cool seeing someone else on the internet in healthcare too :D

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Oh, cool, when did you get Hector?

No no, I never got Hector

I was just using him as an example

my real Reinhardt Counter is Nino XD

2 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Remind me not to get on your bad side

3 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I won

Bunny Camilla saved me

Yep, plenty winnable with Camilla on your team. It's more like "watch Rein remove himself, followed by Sully."

5 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I won

Bunny Camilla saved me

Makes sense! It's just cool seeing someone else on the internet in healthcare too :D

Cool, what area of healthcare are you in?

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

Yep, plenty winnable with Camilla on your team. It's more like "watch Rein remove himself, followed by Sully."

Bunmilla is weird.  She's got a crazy high Def, so she can even survive bows sometimes, but has trouble going head-to-head with other mages.  She's probably be okay with WTA, but Reinhardt hits hard.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Bunmilla is weird.  She's got a crazy high Def, so she can even survive bows sometimes, but has trouble going head-to-head with other mages.  She's probably be okay with WTA, but Reinhardt hits hard.

Normally, this is true.  However, there's one factor that completely turns this analysis up on its head - Caeda.  With Ward Fliers, Camilla gets +6 to Res.  A regular one should be able to tank at least one Rein.  A -raven TA one can take both Reins, and Sully.

24 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Hello Reinhardt!

Meet my friend Hector!

*Reinhardt look sat Hector*

*Hector is foaming at the mouth and is tied down with a leesh"

*Reinhardt slowly walks away*

If my Reinhardt has his special up (which only takes a single round of combat to charge), he can OHKO Hector :P

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

If my Reinhardt has his special up (which only takes a single round of combat to charge), he can OHKO Hector :P

"If my Reinhardt has his special up"

Leave it to Amphy to come up with some sort of 'variable' to make his +Atk, death blow 3 Reinhardt seem like the best thing since sliced bread

Spoiler

I don't even like bread! >:(

HOLY CRAP

JUST DID PART 2 OF THE FORTUNE TELLER MINI-GAME

GOT AZURA FIRST TRY

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Leave it to Amphy to come up with some sort of 'variable' to make his +Atk, death blow 3 Reinhardt seem like the best thing since sliced bread

Reveal hidden contents

HOLY CRAP

GOT AZURA FIRST TRY

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*shrugs* Even without his special up, he still OHKOs roughly 80% of the entire cast unbuffed, which is more than you can say for most other characters.

9 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

*shrugs*

I like how right after I said this:

15 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

You still said this:

9 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Even without his special up, he still OHKOs roughly 80% of the entire cast unbuffed, which is more than you can say for most other characters.

I realize you're saying without specials, and I said "some sort of variable" so it's slightly different, but geez Amph. W̶h̶y̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶l̶e̶t̶ ̶s̶l̶i̶c̶e̶d̶ ̶b̶r̶e̶a̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶o̶n̶c̶e̶?̶ :P

6 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

but seriously why isn't reinhardt on this gauntlet

#actuallyTeamReinhardt

Maybe cause he'd have 3 focuses, even though I wouldn't be complaining about it XD

18 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Hide contents

HOLY CRAP

GOT AZURA FIRST TRY

Is that available in English, or is it Japanese only?

20 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Yeah, I've had my Reinhardt do this too. Draconic Aura helps so much sometimes, when Reinhardt doesn't blow it on overkilling someone he already would've killed.
And mine only has +ATK Death Blow 2, though he does get Hone Cavalry so that probably helps with the ORKOs
But I have Stahl to deal with Greens anyway, so it's okay if Reinhardt doesn't have Draconic Aura up (though if Hector's chipped already, Reinhardt can probably kill him anyway). And soon, Xander too.

20 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

HOLY CRAP

GOT AZURA FIRST TRY

Hey, that happened for me too! Congrats, mate!
...Does getting Azura actually do anything tho?

Japanese only, I think.

...So, on a completely unrelated note, do we have any information on that permadeath event thing? I think it was on the stream (if it was that part with Masked Lucina and Veronica with I-think-it-was-Julia at the Dragon's Table), but I can't read Japanese so I wouldn't know if we got any information on it or just a this-exists-more-information-to-come-at-a-later-date.

Edited by ILikeKirbys

The website is only in Japanese, but any Nintendo account works!

Just now, ILikeKirbys said:

Hey, that happened for me too! Congrats, mate! Does getting Azura actually do anything tho?

Not that I know of, but Azura is the best thing you can get!

I looked on the Mass Duel Simulator how my +Atk/-HP Nino would perform with a Defiant Atk/Desperation/Moonbow build and then tested what would happen if I put in on my neutral Linde instead.

What I found is that I need to find a way to get Blarblade+ on Linde.

1 minute ago, LuxSpes said:

I looked on the Mass Duel Simulator how my +Atk/-HP Nino would perform with a Defiant Atk/Desperation/Moonbow build and then tested what would happen if I put in on my neutral Linde instead.

Note that part of the reason Linde does better is because red is the biggest color. This helps her and hurts Nino.

4 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

You only know that now and you've had Linde for how long?

Yeah dude! Blarblade Linde is literally the blue version of Gronnblade Nino XD.

also, defiant attack seems busted on a blade set since it's essentially a +14 attack buff, but Life and death or Fury work better (or jist as well) since the buff is at all health levels as opposed to just 50% or less. 

Edited by Arcanite

Just now, Arcanite said:

also, defiant attack seems busted on a blade set since it's essentially a +14 attack buff, but Life and death or Fury work better since the buff is at all health levels as opposed to just 50% or less. 

Wouldn't Death Blow be better than Life and Death, since you can get the same +14 ATK buff at any amount of HP by putting a Rally ATK/Hone ATK 3 on Linde and attacking on your turn? I mean, yeah you wouldn't be getting the +14 when Linde is getting attacked (just +8 from Rally/Hone ATK 3), but Linde shouldn't be getting attacked anyway so it's alright.

Also, a Linde-related question: Would she be able to survive anything at 21 DEF? Because I have a +DEF/-SPD Linde, and I want to know if Fury would be a decent option for her.

Just now, DehNutCase said:

Note that part of the reason Linde does better is because red is the biggest color. This helps her and hurts Nino.

That makes sense. Though Nino still performed admirably well, only losing against Henry and Sanaki when fully buffed and at 50% HP.

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

also, defiant attack seems busted on a blade set since it's essentially a +14 attack buff, but Life and death or Fury work better (or jist as well) since the buff is at all health levels as opposed to just 50% or less. 

Problem is that the highest tier of L&D I could access is L&D2 because all I have as fodder are 3* Hana and no way I'm spending 22K per L&D3. Probably could try Fury 3 though since I've been pretty lucky getting Hinatas. So I definitely could try out giving them Fury.

But now I don't know who to promote to 5*. Cherche for the axe nuke, Nowi to give Fae Lightning Breath+ or Odin to give Linde Blarblade+. Considering Linde is still usable and Nino can handle being the -blade nuke for the moment and that I currently have a usable 5* Cherche, I might prioritize Fae gotta have that Reinhardt killer.

2 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Wouldn't Death Blow be better than Life and Death, since you can get the same +14 ATK buff at any amount of HP by putting a Rally ATK/Hone ATK 3 on Linde and attacking on your turn? I mean, yeah you wouldn't be getting the +14 when Linde is getting attacked (just +8 from Rally/Hone ATK 3), but Linde shouldn't be getting attacked anyway so it's alright.

Also, a Linde-related question: Would she be able to survive anything at 21 DEF? Because I have a +DEF/-SPD Linde, and I want to know if Fury would be a decent option for her.

I'd give her Death Blow 3 if the game stopped giving me 4* Jeorge, Niles and Gordin and handed me Kleins instead. I don't even have a single Klein yet.

4 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

I would argue that Life and Death is still better than Death Blow because +5 Atk and +5 Spd are more valuable than just +6 Atk, especially on a Desperation build. 

Also, to answer your question: She survives any red physical unit with less than 56 atk, any blue or colorless physical unit with less than 56 atk, and any green physical unit with less than 47 atk. 

If we're taking Brave weapons into account, she survives any brave red with less than 49 atk, and any brave blue/colorless with less than 39 atk. She's not going to survive any physical Brave green users. 

This is all assuming she isn't doubled, but at 39 speed (36 + 3 from Fury), that's extremely unlikely barring B Tomebreaker. 

3 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Wouldn't Death Blow be better than Life and Death, 

On a blade tome Linde?

No because blade tome = desperation. Desperation = Speed AND attack, since one shotting isn't always enough.

Once you're in desperation range, speed and attack are the 2 things that matter the most. Which is why people run Fury which is +3 in both and automatically puts you desperation range, Life and death which coupled with Ardent Sacrifice can literally make any unit go insane. Or swift sparrow which is the mediator of them both (and my personal favorite).

Death Blow functions more as a delete button on blade tome users/builds that are a little bit slow, and won't double anyway.

You can use death blow if you want, but be prepared when you don't double when you need it