Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

While the current fliers are okay, I'd love to see more male ones, personally. Heath, Cormag, Glen, Zeiss, Gale, Shigure, Gerome... There's so many yet to come. There's only three flier men, and two are GHB only :(

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I just want the fliers I actually like. Meaning Elincia, Jill, Marcia, and Fiora or Cordelia. They'll be my Flier Emblem team. They'd be balanced too! Elincia would be a red sword, Jill would be a green axe, and Marcia and Fiora both blue lance. One or more of them will get Hone Fliers and Fortify Fliers as well, whether naturally or through inheritance.

The problem with that team is that they're all physical and all melee, so it would be incredibly easy to counter them (and they'd also have a harder time killing opponents) than if you ran a more mixed team.

But I mean faves > optimization anyways, so by all means go for it lmao

2 minutes ago, r4v1sh said:

I would love to see some of the old magic swords back, and I don't think it's that hard to make it work, really. Maybe make it so the sword targets def normally at close range and targets res at long range, but with the healers damage halving debuff at long range, so it's not completely bonkers. I dunno, just an idea.

But, indeed, that probably won't be happening any time soon (It's a shame, I remember Lloyd mostly through his Light Brand and his interaction with Legault).

I searched around and indeed, there's a bunch of info about the Regal blade datamine here and there (reddit mostly), so it seems that's the Lloyd we'll get. At least we'll get a cool looking sword and - probably - a pretty strong offensive character this time around, so it's cool anyway ;)

Considering how being able to counter attack at both ranges is already considered broken, being able to initiate an attack at both ranges would be a bit to much.

I'm personally starting to get a bit annoyed with the fact that we seem to be getting so much sword units as GHB lately. I mean, I like all of them individualy, but some variation would be nice. Especially Lloyd, who is yet another infantry sword user we already have a ton of, while we only have about 3 infantry axe users  (I think, but even if it's 4 or 5, it doesn't change the fact that they really need to add more axe infantry units).

@ The Light Brand thing:

Do note that Cog of Destiny Lloyd/Linus uses a Runesword in the Japanese version.  They replaced it during localization for some odd reason.

And all things considered we've had already had some characters associated with Runeswords not get them (Narcian, Lachesis).

Edited by Glaceon Mage

14 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

The problem with that team is that they're all physical and all melee, so it would be incredibly easy to counter them (and they'd also have a harder time killing opponents) than if you ran a more mixed team.

But I mean faves > optimization anyways, so by all means go for it lmao

Almost all flier units are physical and melee though. Almost none use magic or bows. And the ones that do are awful characters to me (Camilla, Aversa, etc). Also, Elincia should theoretically have high res, and so should Marcia, so they can take care of mages.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Almost all flier units are physical and melee though. Almost none use magic or bows. And the ones that do are awful characters to me (Camilla, Aversa, etc). Also, Elincia should theoretically have high res, and so should Marcia, so they can take care of mages.

You're absolutely right. Almost all flier units are physical and melee. Which is precisely why Flier Emblem was not viable until Camilla, the first ranged flier, was introduced to Heroes. 

But yes, I suppose Elincia and Marcia could take care of mages if their res is high. 

2 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

You're absolutely right. Almost all flier units are physical and melee. Which is precisely why Flier Emblem was not viable until Camilla, the first ranged flier, was introduced to Heroes. 

But yes, I suppose Elincia and Marcia could take care of mages if their res is high. 

And like I said, I think Camilla is a horrible character. Not everyone wants to use her. Also, that particular Camilla is no longer available.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

And like I said, I think Camilla is a horrible character. Not everyone wants to use her. Also, that particular Camilla is no longer available.

Oh, yeah, I don't like Camilla either. It's precisely why I'm hoping for other ranged fliers to introduced so that I can run my own flier team (though I do have all the units necessary for a complete cavalry team already :D)

Oh, yeah, I don't like Camilla either. It's precisely why I'm hoping for other ranged fliers to introduced so that I can run my own flier team (though I do have all the units necessary for a complete cavalry team already :D)

4 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Oh yeah, I'm eventually making a Horse Emblem team too since cav knights are my other favorite class line in the series. Frederick, Kieran, Sain, and I guess Stahl would be who I'd pick. They'd probably get wrecked by mages though. It's too bad there aren't any cool cav mages or cav archers (imo).

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

Oh yeah, I'm eventually making a Horse Emblem team too since cav knights are my other favorite class line in the series. Frederick, Kieran, Sain, and I guess Stahl would be who I'd pick. They'd probably get wrecked by mages though. It's too bad there aren't any cool cav mages or cav archers.

I assume that means you don't like Cecilia, Ursula, Reinhardt, Olwen, or Leo?

Also, they aren't in the game yet, but I quite like Rath, Sue, and Astrid, who are all cav archers.

Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.

2 minutes ago, JSND said:

I still remembered when Camilla is hyped to be "she would be good if Takumi isn't so dominant"

....i think i know the answer for that pseudo question, but.... what happen with that?

It's pretty self-explanatory, I think.

Takumi is no longer dominant. Everyone else got better with skill inheritance, and there are more counters and people that can OHKO Takumi than he can deal with.

Even Spring Camilla doesn't fear Takumi. 

If she runs a Gronnraven + T-Adept set, she takes less damage from Takumi than your average non-flier despite being a flier

If she runs a Gronnblade set with a flier team, she outright one-shots Takumi. 

Spring Camilla doesn't fear Takumi; Takumi should fear her. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

It's pretty self-explanatory, I think.

Takumi is no longer dominant. Everyone else got better with skill inheritance, and there are more counters and people that can OHKO Takumi than he can deal with.

Even Spring Camilla doesn't fear Takumi. 

If she runs a Gronnraven set + T-Adept set, she takes less damage from Takumi than your average non-flier despite being a flier

If she runs a Gronnblade set with a flier team, she outright one-shots Takumi. 

Spring Camilla doesn't fear Takumi; Takumi should fear her. 

I was mainly wondering about the viability of Vanilla Camilla

Agreed with your Scamilla review though, she's really busted

Edited by JSND

3 minutes ago, JSND said:

I was mainly wondering about the viability of Vanilla Camilla

Agreed with your Scamilla review though, she's really busted

Ah, we were talking about flier teams earlier, so I automatically assumed you meant Spring Camilla. 

In any case, the original statement about Takumi no longer being dominant because the meta around him has shifted is true no matter what flier you talk about. 

As for Camilla herself, the main reason you don't see much of her nowadays isn't because of Takumi but simply because she has no niche. 

If you want a green flier, Spring Camilla is just about always better. If you want a green melee flier, Cherche outperforms Camilla in every way. 

There's just no reason to run her when there are so many better alternatives. 

I've put Bunny!Camilla on my defence team and finally started getting wins again. She's not my favourite unit, but she does her job! And she's still vanilla. Not sure how much better she'd be with SI on a defence team.

47 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I assume that means you don't like Cecilia, Ursula, Reinhardt, Olwen, or Leo?

Also, they aren't in the game yet, but I quite like Rath, Sue, and Astrid, who are all cav archers.

Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.

I know nothing of Reinhardt and Olwen aside from them being siblings and didn't even know they existed until they were added to the game. I don't care for the rest, no.

I know nothing of Reinhardt and Olwen aside from them being siblings and didn't even know they existed until they were added to the game. I don't care for the rest, no.

Could be worth getting to know them. To be honest, the game they come in is my favourite, but no characters get a huge amount dedicated to them since there aren't really supports or base conversations, so you get a fair bit in Heroes (if slightly weighted to sibling stuff). It's worth trying out some units you don't know and seeing how you get along. You might find yourself liking them (and if Thracia ever gets a remake, you'll know who people are :D ).

Also, Reinhardt can help in a lot of cases, so I'd recommend using him, if you ever get him ^.^

Just now, Cute Chao said:

Could be worth getting to know them. To be honest, the game they come in is my favourite, but no characters get a huge amount dedicated to them since there aren't really supports or base conversations, so you get a fair bit in Heroes (if slightly weighted to sibling stuff). It's worth trying out some units you don't know and seeing how you get along. You might find yourself liking them (and if Thracia ever gets a remake, you'll know who people are :D ).

Also, Reinhardt can help in a lot of cases, so I'd recommend using him, if you ever get him ^.^

They're 5 star pulls and blue units, and since I'm pulling more red lately for Ryoma, that won't be happening anytime soon. But of course I'll try one of them if I do. But I doubt I'll like them as much as any of the actual cavalry knights I really like.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Tbh I didn't either, but I fell in love with Reinhardt after pulling him in Heroes. 

It's absolutely broken for a single blue unit to have the power to OHKO every red and blue and colorless unit in the game (and even more than half of all the greens) without any buffs. 

I feel dirty every time I OHKO Hector with Reinhardt or every time I solo a Lunatic GHB using just Reinhardt and two dancers to sweep the field (like the Xander one).

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

Tbh I didn't either, but I fell in love with Reinhardt after pulling him in Heroes. 

It's absolutely broken for a single blue unit to have the power to OHKO every red and blue and colorless unit in the game (and even more than half of all the greens) without any buffs. 

I feel dirty every time I OHKO Hector with Reinhardt or every time I solo a Lunatic GHB using just Reinhardt and two dancers to sweep the field (like the Xander one).

Meh, doesn't really matter to me. That does sound broken as hell though, wish IS would add some nerfs to units like these every now and then.