Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Cecilia with Triangle Adept says hi.

lol, she's terrible. And that will only work for Reinhardt. She'd be sniped by that Takumi easily right after. And I have no room on my team for her anyway.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Ahem:

You have a lot of people saying otherwise.

Uh, how, when that thread is about her being terrible given the title?

She's terrible. I even tried using her because of the seal quests that required her. But she was terrible.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

She's terrible. I even tried using her. But she was terrible.

Um, because the topic creator thought what you think and everyone else is there to argue otherwise? Did you even bother to read? (My guess is "no" given how fast your response was.)

Just now, Anacybele said:

She's terrible. I even tried using her. But she was terrible.

Like I stated in that thread, Triangle Adept CecilIa takes 2 damage from Reinhardt and 6 damage from Takumi. She kills them both in return. 

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Um, because the topic creator thought what you think and everyone else is there to argue otherwise? Did you even bother to read? (My guess is "no" given how fast your response was.)

I saw the thread earlier and some responses looked to me like they were agreeing with the OP.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

She's terrible. I even tried using her because of the seal quests that required her. But she was terrible.

Clearly someone did not actually read the thread itself all that closely. Also, if every character you said was terrible really was terrible, I'm sure the number of actually viable units in the game would the same as the number of fingers you have. Or less.

Edited by Sunwoo

10 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

That's a cool Hana, was she promoted naturally or you got her on the focus banner?

Promoted her from 3*. I trained her as a 4* for a while, but I dropped her because of her ew    -Spd. At least, until the new season's units were revealed and I decided to take a look at her again. All the extra SP I got from leveling her all the way from 4* helped a lot in getting the 1500-ish SP I needed over the course of two days playing on and off.

Just now, MrSmokestack said:

Promoted her from 3*. I trained her as a 4* for a while, but I dropped her because of her ew    -Spd. At least, until the new season's units were revealed and I decided to take a look at her again. All the extra SP I got from leveling her all the way from 4* helped a lot in getting the 1500-ish SP I needed over the course of two days playing on and off.

Congratulations, I must say! I was wondering why her spd was so low until I saw her bane :P:

1 minute ago, Eridras said:

Like I stated in that thread, Triangle Adept CecilIa takes 2 damage from Reinhardt and 6 damage from Takumi. She kills them both in return. 

She can't kill them when she'd never double them or hit them that hard. There's more to units than just giving them skills, and Cecilia doesn't have the stats to function well. Like that thread creator pointed out, she's slow and fragile, which is a bad combination.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Clearly someone did not actually read the thread itself all that closely. Also, if every character you said was terrible really was terrible, I'm sure the number of actually viable units in the game would the same as the number of fingers you have.

Don't exaggerate, I never said that many characters were bad...

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Also, I'm deciding to remove Reposition and such from my units. They're not that useful and all I do with them is use them by mistake and screw myself over. Sometimes my units don't attack when I want them to either. I'm not sure why. It's either a bug or I just didn't register the desired move properly or something. Note, I'm not using this as an excuse for losing. I'm just pointing it out. It doesn't only happen in the arena, it happens in the tower and stuff too.

LOL That happens to me too XD one time I danced the wrong person!

I just learned to look where I'm tapping, but you can change the way things work too! When you start the Heroes app:

>Misc.

>Settings

>Confirm Action Auto > Tap

>Confirm Move Auto > Tap

This changes it from drag to tap which will help you to not make mistakes! 

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

#Dedicated

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

She can't kill them when she'd never double them or hit them that hard. There's more to units than just giving them skills, and Cecilia doesn't have the stats to function well. Like that thread creator pointed out, she's slow and fragile, which is a bad combination.

Well at least she has a cool horse!

Yeah that's not a good reason is it......

Did you just skim over "Triangle Adept" or something? You're straight up not reading what anyone is saying.

Also, taking off positioning assists is shooting yourself in the foot. Just saying.

Edited by MrSmokestack

7 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Did you just skim over "Triangle Adept" or something? You're straight up not reading what anyone is saying.

Also, taking off positioning assists is shooting yourself in the foot. Just saying.

No, I didn't. If I'm remembering stats and weapons right, Reinhardt at 5 star uses a tome that functions like a Brave weapon, so he's guaranteed at least two hits every time. Takumi is very fast and doubles a lot. Cecilia is pretty slow and doesn't have much def or res.

She'd require a dance to finish off just one of them because she won't double. Unless the team runs multiple dancers which I doubt any would for a Cecilia of all things, she'd be left open to the other unit and get killed on the next enemy phase, regardless of whether she has TA or not. And this isn't even taking into account that the opponent team could have a dancer too.

As for the assist skills, they don't help me when I use them on the wrong units or use them when I'm not even trying to.

8 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

LOL That happens to me too XD one time I danced the wrong person!

I just learned to look where I'm tapping, but you can change the way things work too! When you start the Heroes app:

>Misc.

>Settings

>Confirm Action Auto > Tap

>Confirm Move Auto > Tap

This changes it from drag to tap which will help you to not make mistakes!

So I'm not the only one, kay. xP And I suppose, but this would take some getting used to. The drag method is what I've gotten quite used to doing at this point.

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

This. Reposition and Drag back alone regularly open up lots of options for me in matches I wouldn't have otherwise, and can save the ass of a unit after a mistake sometimes too. You should really just be more careful while playing and where you tap than remove them.

Just now, Alkaid said:

This. Reposition and Drag back alone regularly open up lots of options for me in matches I wouldn't have otherwise, and can save the ass of a unit after a mistake sometimes too. You should really just be more careful while playing and where you tap than remove them.

I use it to launch my Nino into the face of a Lucina

Just now, GuiltyLove said:

Yay more Reinhardt hate! i should make a collage of my units killing him over and over again

I would like this a lot! XD

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

So I'm not the only one, kay. xP And I suppose, but this would take some getting used to. The drag method is what I've gotten quite used to doing at this point.

Yeah it took me a while, but you'll get the hang of it!

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Don't exaggerate, I never said that many characters were bad...

This is factually incorrect I have actually used her in the arena and she murders pretty much everything Blue and Colorless as long as she is has Triangle Adept and this is without Hone or Goad Calvary, when she has those she can take on Green units as well. Take it from people who actually used her.

Just to be clear she OHKO Reinhardt, Olwen, Linde, and Takumi while taking almost no damage, and if you give her at least Quick R 2 she can kill even more than that.

Edited by Locke087

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

No, I didn't. If I'm remembering stats and weapons right, Reinhardt at 5 star uses a tome that functions like a Brave weapon, so he's guaranteed at least two hits every time. Takumi is very fast and doubles a lot. Cecilia is pretty slow and doesn't have much def or res.

She'd require a dance to finish off just one of them because she won't double. Unless the team runs multiple dancers which I doubt any would for a Cecilia of all things, she'd be left open to the other unit and get killed on the next enemy phase, regardless of whether she has TA or not.

As for the assist skills, they don't help me when I use them on the wrong units or use them when I'm not even trying to.

The way Cecilia works is that she has Weapon Triangle Advantage over both Takumi and Reinhardt, meaning she does 20% more damage and takes 20% less damage. Triangle Adept adds another 20% to those numbers. She doesn't need to double them because she's taking less damage and then one-shotting them. The numbers I gave earlier are from actual experience in the arena. 

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

She'd require a dance to finish off just one of them because she won't double. Unless the team runs multiple dancers which I doubt any would for a Cecilia of all things, she'd be left open to the other unit and get killed on the next enemy phase, regardless of whether she has TA or not.

She doesn't have to double them if she straight up OHKO's them. Yes. OHKO. That means she doesn't need a Dance. Triangle Adept reduces the damage she takes from both Rein and Takumi because of Gronnraven+. They tickle her.

Also, 36 Spd isn't fast. Fast hits 40+ Spd or even higher.

@Quintessence @Eridras @LuxSpes @Locke087 Bless you all.

Edited by MrSmokestack

You seem to forget that Reinhardt is even slower than Celica AND slowed even further by Dire Thunder. Meanwhile, Takumi has Res made of wet paper. 

With Triangle Adept, a neutral Cecilia one-shots Takumi and takes 6 damage per hit from him.

Against Reinhardt, she doubles him if he's using Dire Thunder and she can even 1-shot him and takes 0 damage from him if he's neutral and unbuffed. Even in a worse case scenario where Reinhardt is +atk, has Death Blow and is buffed by Hone Cavalry, she takes 7 damage per hit from Dire Thunder, so 14 damage in one round.

If she's +atk and/or has Hone Cavalry, the become even less of an issue.

I don't see how that's 'too frail and slow to survive and kill them'.

4-star Cecilia [=] (Gronnraven, Triangle Adept 2) against 5-star Takumi [=] (Fujin Yumi, Close Counter, Vantage):

Takumi deals 10×2 damage, leaving Cecilia with 14 HP.
Cecilia deals 31 damage, leaving Takumi with 9 HP.

Cecilia can finish Takumi off on player phase with 4 HP remaining due to Vantage. With Rally/Hone/Spur Def 3 or Ward Cavalry, Cecilia survives with 16 HP. With Fortify Cavalry, Cecilia survives with 22 HP.

4-star Cecilia [=] (Gronnraven, Triangle Adept 2) against 5-star Reinhardt [=] (vanilla):

Reinhardt deals 0×2 damage, leaving Cecilia with 34 HP.
Cecilia deals 24×2 damage, leaving Reinhardt with 0 HP.

2 minutes ago, Locke087 said:

This is factually incorrect I have actually used her in the arena and she murders pretty much everything Blue and Colorless as long as she is has Triangle Adept and this is without Hone or Goad Calvary, when she has those she can take on Green units as well. Take it from people who actually have an used her.

Just to be clear she OHKO Reinhardt, Olwen, Linde, and Takumi while taking almost no damage, and if you give her at least Quick R 2 she can kill even more than that.

I've actually used her too, you know. She was required for the seal quests, remember?

3 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

@Anacybele

Hide contents

Screenshot_20170502-211215.png

Screenshot_20170502-211227.png

Thoughts? It wasn't a takumi but it was a 10th stratum virion with 14 res and she one shotted him, and he would've dealt 6dmg. More proof? Go experiment.

Virion is no Takumi, dude. xP

Besides, I still never use her on any teams, so there's not even a point to this argument.

Edited by Anacybele

Reinhardt tickles Cecilia with TA. Even my TA+Raven Bunny Camilla, who has much less resist than her, loses like 1/3 hp and one shots him back. Cecilia does the same.

She bodies Takumi too. Remember his resistance sucks, and TA mitigates the damage she'll take from him, and one shot him on the return. She doesn't need to double these units to kill them.

Wow I got turbo ninja'd while writing this reply, but I'm gonna still post anyway.