Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

15 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Wouldn't a dancer rather run wings or escape route though? I suppose it mostly depends on team comp.

Depends on your play style.

I only ever use Wings of Mercy for my Peri solos. I would personally prefer Fire Dance for standard use, though.

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I just realised we have another Rauðrblade on our hands. Prepare to see Urors everywhere!

Ikr.

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

24 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Wouldn't a dancer rather run wings or escape route though? I suppose it mostly depends on team comp.

Depends what you are trying to accomplish, in Arena Assault and Arena itself one shoting is so prevelant, Wings of Mercy might as well not exist in your offense Team (defense Team is something different, since it adds another layer of Randomness)

4 minutes ago, Hilda said:

(defense Team is something different, since it adds another layer of Randomness)

It isn't random when you can see it coming from a mile away unless you're myopic.

The AI is predictable. Most players just don't pay attention and don't know the rules the AI abides by.

3 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Depends what you are trying to accomplish, in Arena Assault and Arena itself one shoting is so prevelant, Wings of Mercy might as well not exist in your offense Team (defense Team is something different, since it adds another layer of Randomness)

If I'm not wrong, doesn't the ORKO meta mean oneshotting the enemies rather than getting oneshotted? If played right, your units shouldn't be getting into fights that they will die in one round. A semi-favourable matchup will likely leave your unit at half or less health afterwards (especially if they have fury), and can be wings of mercy'd.

6 hours ago, Korath88 said:

If I'm not wrong, doesn't the ORKO meta mean oneshotting the enemies rather than getting oneshotted? If played right, your units shouldn't be getting into fights that they will die in one round. A semi-favourable matchup will likely leave your unit at half or less health afterwards (especially if they have fury), and can be wings of mercy'd.

The current one-round meta means that both you and your opponent can one-round kill units. Your enemy's units are designed to one-round kill your units just as much as your units are designed to one-round kill theirs.

Furthermore, counters are expected to be getting harder and harder (harder as in more robust, not more difficult), meaning you're taking less damage on favorable match-ups.

I don't know what to think about these characters' performances.

At first glance we know Nohrzura is the best unit out of the four in terms of versatility: dancer+buff/support+blue counter, specifically Rein counter (as she's likely to have average to high res). What's good in her is that you have 3 roles in 1 unit which leaves enough room for 3 other units to complete a solid team. Thing is, if you want to run her for buffs, she'll be pretty ehh because almost every unit runs hones and fortifies, making her +3 irrelevant. For instance, if you run Delthea plus melee units and one of them has Hone Spd 3, your melee target will have +6/4/x/x, add to that that we have both fort def and res seals, meaning that melee units would have +6/4/2/2 and ranged units will have Eirika's +3/4/2/2 or more if any other unit has complete buffs. That is my concern, she's an improved version of vanilla Azura with an axe and dance buffs as added value.

Buuuut, I see more utility in the ranged dancers, because they have Breath of Life 3 incorporated in their weapons and can support the team from the rear. Inigo and Olivia provide offensive support while Shigure offers defensive support plus the ability of granting an extra +4 thanks to Hone Atk/Spd. Imo, they look better for stuff like Tempest, CCs and such.

= EDIT =

Stat predictions when? My guess is Nohrzura having 34/37 offense :smug:

Edited by Quintessence

52 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Stat predictions when? My guess is Nohrzura having 34/37 offense :smug:

I'm expecting Festival Azura to have the same stats as regular Azura in a similar manner to Masked Marth or very, very similar stats as with Brave Lucina and Brave Ike since Festival Azura has the same class typing as regular Azura.

Darn it. I didn't realise maintenance was coming up now >.< I would've made more effort to get on a bit earlier and finish off my stamina. I haven't even done the daily quests >.< 

Oh well. Suppose 150 feathers isn't too bad, and I was only 100 short of my TT target, which is easy enough to make up. I'm not waking up at 3am to finish it, and we had plenty of warning ^.^''

I've never been this excited for an update before. I'm still 4 orbs shy of my 100 goal, so I'll probably finish grinding another 10k on the Tempest once the day resets. I hope to whatever RNG deities that there be that 100 orbs will be enough for SOMETHING. If not, I can probably collect another 100 from monthly quests, and hopefully other BHB/Tempests.

I... was not expecting the maintenance to last so long. I probably would've done more Tempest runs if I had known.

If we're lucky though, maybe there'll be info on the Sacred Coins found in a datamine. Might be a long shot, but people did discover the free CYL summoning text early.

16 minutes ago, KongDude said:

So will Oscar be the only one demoting (if any)? What are the chances Neph would also drop with 5* Wrath?

Yeah if anyone drops, it'll more than likely be Oscar and only Oscar since they never drop heroes with exclusive weapons when they can avoid it and Nephenee's combination of Slaying Lance and Wrath is too good to drop to 4* rarity. If Oscar does drop, then we might finally get another 4* source for Lancebreaker 3 provided Spur Spd/Def 2 is the passive locked behind 5* rarity.

23 minutes ago, KongDude said:

So will Oscar be the only one demoting (if any)? What are the chances Neph would also drop with 5* Wrath?

The past three character banners were Alm/Celica Army, and both only had one drop.

12 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I might be wrong, but I don't think Saber had enough going for him to not drop him, either (apart from being Saber <3 ). 

people keep saying this but pretty sure he's popular. Good a reason as any, I suppose.

1 hour ago, Cute Chao said:

I might be wrong, but I don't think Saber had enough going for him to not drop him, either (apart from being Saber <3 ). 

I guess Shield Pulse? I mean you never see it anywhere but it's not a terrible skill.

Honestly, I never hear about Saber anywhere since he's been added but I can never ORKO the guy. Either he's got pretty good speed and he's got a good defensive set.