Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

9 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Canon pronunciation of Sharena is "Sha-ray-na". As confirmed by Nowi's 5 star only voiced lines. That's an eye opener.

That's weird. I'm certain that name is usually pronounced Shar-EE-nah in real life... Oh well.

Also, my busted Abel is done. :D

2w6Qriw.png

+Atk, -Res! I pulled a 5 star Abel while looking for Oscar and merged him into this one too! I'm probably going to start using him over Camus in Horse Emblem. Ultimate sword killer right here.

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

12 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

The def ploy tier list has some very interesting rankings for the new dancers 

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Arena_Tier_List

Why I ignore tier lists^

5 minutes ago, Troykv said:

The reason of P!Olivia being considered the inferior dancer is because she is unable to use TA/Gem Weapons.

No color advantage shouldn’t count against her. She Dances which is—or at least should be—reason enough for S+ tier.

13 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Inigo being S+ is pretty much the most totally expected thing ever. All of them really should be S+ for being Dancer, but their ratings are fair

Nice to see Virion finally on the tier he deserves to be in

5 minutes ago, KongDude said:

How did Est get so high on the Arena Tier List?

Est have 35 ATK. Even without valuing Defense Ploy which is responsible for her 1 tier jump over Hinoka, she's at worst A+

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

7 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Is that the only reason? Oh, well I guess that ploy-able Res is also good.

Basically yeah

Mind she's not the only one who is high tier with simmilarly short reasoning

Elincia is High because she have 37 ATK

Cherche is high because she have 38 ATK

Innes is high because he have 33 ATK

Leon is high because he have 34 ATK

Hinoka is high because she have 35 ATK

Frederick is high because he have 35 ATK

The Archers are high because they have sub-31 ATK

BCord is high because she have 35 ATK(ok this one actually become S+ because of both that and 35 Speed Firesweep)

And thats the full list

58 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Canon pronunciation of Sharena is "Sha-ray-na". As confirmed by Nowi's 5 star only voiced lines. That's an eye opener.

Yeah, I pronounced it interchangably as Sha-ree-na and Sha-rae-na before, and thanks to Nowi, it’s settled.

Still not going to pronounce Catria as CAT-ree-uh instead of Cut-REE-uh, because I like it better and it fits my mother tongue more.

1 hour ago, Glennstavos said:

It never occurred to me that it would be anything other than shuh-ree-nuh.

I know it would be odd, but what if they do a smash bros themed banner. Or have smash bros theme maps. Or maybe they could do a banner with special versions of characters from smash bros. Sadly, that banner would contain a lot of after 3ds units.

58 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

I know it would be odd, but what if they do a smash bros themed banner. Or have smash bros theme maps. Or maybe they could do a banner with special versions of characters from smash bros. Sadly, that banner would contain a lot of after 3ds units.

If they did, they'd need a reason to do so. Smash Switch port finally?

Oh yeah. And it'd be all swords + Blue Robin.

Finished leveling Michalis as a 5 star. Now eagerly awaiting the day I open the game to find he has slaughtered all three lords and my summoner character, taken over Askr, and goes to conquer all worlds using my army.

I wouldn't even be mad to be tbh.

10 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Finished leveling Michalis as a 5 star. Now eagerly awaiting the day I open the game to find he has slaughtered all three lords and my summoner character, taken over Askr, and goes to conquer all worlds using my army.

I wouldn't even be mad to be tbh.

Mike is awesome. Every spoken line of his is a treasure.

I am the END of you!

Consider this an HONOUR, insect!

If you do not feat me NOW, you WILL soon.

LAUGHABLE!

How DARE you lay a finger on me!

Glorious. Simply glorious.

Edited by Vaximillian

1 hour ago, Korath88 said:

I am still not sure why Lyn is only considered A wiht the addition of Wrath. a +SPD -RES Lyn wiht Life a Death 3 Wrath 3 should be considered at least A+ if not S.
Her offensiv power below 50% is just insane

12 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I am still not sure why Lyn is only considered A wiht the addition of Wrath. a +SPD -RES Lyn wiht Life a Death 3 Wrath 3 should be considered at least A+ if not S.
Her offensiv power below 50% is just insane

Her offensive power below 50% is strictly worse than Chrom, who does more damage with a brave sword than she does with her Prf. Moreover, matchups don't matter if you can't get to them, melee infantry/armor really have no reason to be high tier from having good offenses because they need far more support to put those offenses to work than horses, mages, or horse mages.

2 hours ago, Korath88 said:

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

Why I ignore tier lists^

No color advantage shouldn’t count against her. She Dances which is—or at least should be—reason enough for S+ tier.

1 hour ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Inigo being S+ is pretty much the most totally expected thing ever. All of them really should be S+ for being Dancer, but their ratings are fair

The only one I disagree with is Inigo. While he survives Brave Lyn (without Brave Bow+ or Cancel Affinity) and Reinhardt and kills Reinhardt on the counterattack, he is left crippled afterwards in both match-ups and fails to kill Lyn on the counterattack without Quick Riposte or Bowbreaker.

I personally don't agree that access to Dance and Sing is a free S+ tier for a character. Reposition is powerful enough that replacing a dancer with another strictly offensive unit is often a comparable option. Dance gives your team a bit more flexibility and is a bit more forgiving, but it costs you coverage since dancers have generally weak damage output capabilities, thus requiring you to cover all relevant threats with only three units instead of four.

1 hour ago, KongDude said:

How did Est get so high on the Arena Tier List?

Being able to viably run Def Ploy off of 32 Res (and Death Blow instead of Life and Death) results in +12 damage before the opponent can counterattack relative to Cordelia's Life and Death build at the cost of requiring precise positioning and dying horribly to the counterattack if the opponent isn't dead.

23 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Wow. That is bad. They skip Bridelia entirely. Not only that, they put Klein and Brave!Lyn in the same tier. I like you Klein, but you are not as good as Brave!Lyn.

Gamewith doesn't rank limited-release characters. As best as I can tell, they also account for how expensive it is to build the character.

Edited by Ice Dragon

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Being able to viably run Def Ploy off of 32 Res (and Death Blow instead of Life and Death) results in +12 damage before the opponent can counterattack relative to Cordelia's Life and Death build at the cost of requiring precise positioning and dying horribly to the counterattack if the opponent isn't dead.

That doesn't really make sense as a reason when you consider the fact that Frederick exists, however. Fred has +3 Atk, +1 mov, and a metric ton more physical bulk yet ends up below Est who paid 1 mov and a C-slot for 4 more damage. (I'm pretty sure the tier list people are just smoking all the wrong things.)

Edit: Wait, I'm retarded, Fred's 35 Atk, it's Cherche's who's 38 base, and she's the same tier as Est. I guess they're actually sort of consistent, then, even if they undervalue mobility like crazy. (Lul Hector---Somehow a unit with literally no player phase and a mediocre enemy phase is S+ tier.)

Edited by DehNutCase

1 minute ago, DehNutCase said:

That doesn't really make sense as a reason when you consider the fact that Frederick exists, however. Fred has +3 Atk, +1 mov, and a metric ton more physical bulk yet ends up below Est who paid 1 mov and a C-slot for 4 more damage. (I'm pretty sure the tier list people are just smoking all the wrong things.)

Frederick has the same Atk as Est (if you're running +Res on Est, why the fuck are you running +Res on Est? Def Ploy works perfectly fine on 32 Res), meaning Est has +10 damage before the counterattack over Frederick at the cost of positioning and 1 movement range (and dying horribly to anything that she didn't kill).

Note that since this is the rating without movement-type buffs, Est is using her C slot for her own gain whereas Frederick gains nothing from his C slot, meaning Est gets the benefit of both her own C slot and her teammates' C slots. The two have the same rating when accounting for movement-type buffs.

Until Def Ploy becomes a bit more attainable, why do the Tier Lists put such heavy emphasis on it lately?  I've yet to even see it run in Arena.

8 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Until Def Ploy becomes a bit more attainable, why do the Tier Lists put such heavy emphasis on it lately?  I've yet to even see it run in Arena.

The emphasis from it isn't that heavy. Est only jumps one tier than she should be without Def Ploy

Its not as emphasized as Brave Bow, SB, Firesweep, and Distant Counter at the very least.