Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

19 minutes ago, Vere said:

Is anyone else trying to use Cecilia? i can't tell if she's just bad in general or if I'm just getting poor stat increases.

She's in my team. She's not "fantastic" but not bad either. Rally resistance is useful. 3 spaces per turn is useful (saved my mages's bacon more than once). But her offensive capabilities are a bit worse than my other mages it seems. 

Edited by FangXV

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

13 minutes ago, Suichimo said:

Has anyone ran into stat caps yet?

There are no conventional caps in this game, instead, every unit has a set ammount of stat points they can obtain when levelling, when these points run out the unit stops getting stats-up when levelling.

Heroes is a decent game; kind of like a Fire Emblem Lite type of game that you can play on your phone.  However, my biggest concern with it being a mobile F2P game has sadly been proven true: it has an awful, terrible Gacha system.  Unless you get really lucky with the RNG, or you keep rerolling at the start until you get an acceptable starting group, you are basically screwed because of how stingy the game is with handing out currency without paying a ridiculous price.  I would even consider paying to support the game, but with this abusive Gacha system?  Nope.

Is the level cap 40 for all units? Does anyone know?

And will a unit always get enough SP to max all their skills?

I mean it's been two days so I doubt many people would know the second part but still ;w;

Question: Can you build your own Arena Defense Team or is it just whatever team you most recently used during Singleplayer?

Edited by OakTree

47 minutes ago, Eselred said:

Heroes is a decent game; kind of like a Fire Emblem Lite type of game that you can play on your phone.  However, my biggest concern with it being a mobile F2P game has sadly been proven true: it has an awful, terrible Gacha system.  Unless you get really lucky with the RNG, or you keep rerolling at the start until you get an acceptable starting group, you are basically screwed because of how stingy the game is with handing out currency without paying a ridiculous price.  I would even consider paying to support the game, but with this abusive Gacha system?  Nope.

Please support this with numbers, logic, and reasoning, because the last thing I want here is someone with a shitty attitude and nothing to back it up.

And apparently the gatcha is rather nice for some people. Couldn't get a single 5* """Lord""" (including Leo and others), but at least enough 4* and 1 5* to go to Chapter 9.

However I feel like the gatcha isn't as generous as it was at launch. Or maybe people stopped posting. At least, both my brother and I got only 3* on our 3rd pull. 

1 minute ago, KiraYagami said:

Camilla,Marth,Linde and Sakura all 5stars.Is that a good team?Sakura can only heal at low levels,no damage.

Do they do what you need them to?  The answer to that question is the answer to your question.

1 hour ago, Sophie said:

Is the level cap 40 for all units? Does anyone know?

And will a unit always get enough SP to max all their skills?

I mean it's been two days so I doubt many people would know the second part but still ;w;

1. As far as I know, yes, lvl 40 is the cap for all units.

2. Unfortunuatly, no. My Lucina has 505 SP at lvl 36, and she needs 1040 to unlock all her skills. So I have to make the choice of either skilling Aether (500SP) or Spur Attack 2 & 3 (Adjacent ally attack +4) for 300 SP and Defiant Speed 2 & 3 (Grants +7 speed if units HP < 50%) for 240 SP. As cool as Aether is, it has a long CD and the other skills just seem too useful.

However, it's still possible to get enough SP for all characters by feeding duplicates to them. 

28 minutes ago, KiraYagami said:

Camilla,Marth,Linde and Sakura all 5stars.Is that a good team?Sakura can only heal at low levels,no damage.

Yes, it is. Very versatile having all colors + healer.

For a gacha system, I feel like they're being very generous compared to other popular gacha's. You have a 6% chance of rolling the highest star units in the game compared to most others being 2-5%. Besides that, it also ups the chance after each 5 rolls not getting said 5*'s. The game also gives you around 160 orbs, if not more, for doing the story, from logging in, linking your nintendo account, etcetera. That's 40 units you can get. Even buying stones are mostly cheaper than other games.

For being a gacha game, which is largely a cash grab for companies, Nintendo is being kind on us I'd say. 

Edited by Birdy

Question that people can probably actually answer

Do most of a units stats get transferred over if I fuse heroes?
I had my Serra trained up to 20, but I rolled a 4* one earlier, so I'm curious if anything will be passed over to the 4* one.

2 hours ago, Eselred said:

So far, the only way I see that you can obtain orbs is by defeating maps, and you get one orb for your first clear (aside from the log in bonuses).  I think you just get EXP if you clear it after the first time, correct? I'm in the middle of chapter 8 right now, and have thus far only been able to do 3 pulls (of 20 orbs each).  This is, of course, without paying for extra orbs, so tbh I did expect to get orbs faster.  I also already knew coming in that I wasn't going to get any 5 star heroes anytime soon, since my luck rivals Arthur's.  It is still a tad frustrating, though, to not have gotten any 5 star heroes after 60 orbs.  I'm amazed at how ppl are getting so many 5 star characters in their pulls XD

Edited by mewyeon

12 minutes ago, Sophie said:

Question that people can probably actually answer

Do most of a units stats get transferred over if I fuse heroes?
I had my Serra trained up to 20, but I rolled a 4* one earlier, so I'm curious if anything will be passed over to the 4* one.

Unless they're both of the same rarity, no, the 4* Serra will just gain SP.

3 minutes ago, OakTree said:

Unless they're both of the same rarity, no, the 4* Serra will just gain SP.

Ah, that sucks. 
Oh well, at least I can save hero feathers for someone else.

I have a question for anyone similarly curious: what's the origin of that owl that gives you your presents? Is it a reference to a part of the FE universe I'm unaware of, or is it original to Heroes? It might be weird of me to wonder about this, I just think it's kind of a strange choice if there isn't some backstory or something.

For reference:

Screenshot_20170203-072427.jpg

Yo thanks eclipse

also is it worth it to spend more orbs pulling only the character color/type you want, or is it best to pull 5 chars at once (like, is there any advantage besides just saving orbs or is it preference?)

26 minutes ago, mewyeon said:

So far, the only way I see that you can obtain orbs is by defeating maps, and you get one orb for your first clear (aside from the log in bonuses).  I think you just get EXP if you clear it after the first time, correct? I'm in the middle of chapter 8 right now, and have thus far only been able to do 3 pulls (of 20 orbs each).  This is, of course, without paying for extra orbs, so tbh I did expect to get orbs faster.  I also already knew coming in that I wasn't going to get any 5 star heroes anytime soon, since my luck rivals Arthur's.  It is still a tad frustrating, though, to not have gotten any 5 star heroes after 60 orbs.  I'm amazed at how ppl are getting so many 5 star characters in their pulls XD

Have you tried switching the difficulty?

2 minutes ago, Gemma said:

Yo thanks eclipse

also is it worth it to spend more orbs pulling only the character color/type you want, or is it best to pull 5 chars at once (like, is there any advantage besides just saving orbs or is it preference?)

I'd do the five-character pull.  I heard that you're more likely to get the rarer characters the more times you pull consecutively or something.

4 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Have you tried switching the difficulty?

I'd do the five-character pull.  I heard that you're more likely to get the rarer characters the more times you pull consecutively or something.

From what I understand, the longer you go without pulling a 5*, the better your chance for one, and the further into an actual pull, the better the chance at a rarer character.

1 minute ago, Smog said:

I don't know if this question has been answered before.

Is there any level limit? What level is the highest level a unit can get? I noticed some people in my friends list have units over level 20. 

I'm not sure if this has been brought up yet or not (that's why I did not make a separate thread for it), I think there is an error in the math on the Availability and Rates page for Fire Emblem: Heroes. Well, not so much an error in the math as the equation used. 

As the page is currently written, the formula for calculating the percent chance of drawing any character is as followed:

[Percent of Rarity] / [# of Characters in Rarity]

Therefore, the numbers for each rarity (5 star - 3 star), according to this formula is .83% for 5* focus (the writing added the regular 5* number to this number, although they have Robin's at.75% because he does not have a 5* that is not a 5* focus), .08% for regular 5* heroes, .48% for 4* heroes, and 1.18% for 3* heroes.

But what is the flaw? Well, the writer seemed to not take into consideration that characters only appear in certain orbs. This would make the percentages rise. Let's take the regular 5* category as an example. Right now, according to the webpage, you have a 0.08% chance to draw Ryoma.

Rarity 5* = 3.00%
# of 5* Characters = 38

[ 3.00% ] / [ 38 ]

= .08%

However, Ryoma can only be found in red orbs. Therefore, we cannot use the entire number of characters, but rather the total number of red weapon characters.

Rarity 5* = 3.00%
# of 5* Red Weapon Characters = 14

[ 3.00% ] / [ 14 ]

= 0.21%

Sure, both .21 and .08 are small numbers, but the former is better than the latter. Furthermore, this has a greater affect on the 5* focus, especially Robin, Takumi, and Camilla. Since those three are the only character in their respective item class in the 5* focus group, I believe that this would make each of their rates 3% (plus .21% for Takumi and Camilla because of the chance of getting them from the regular 5* category).

Edited by Phoinix

4 minutes ago, Phoinix said:

I'm not sure if this has been brought up yet or not (that's why I did not make a separate thread for it), I think there is an error in the math on the Availability and Rates page for Fire Emblem: Heroes. Well, not so much an error in the math as the equation used. 

As the page is currently written, the formula for calculating the percent chance of drawing any character is as followed:

Therefore, the numbers for each rarity (5 star - 3 star), according to this formula is .83% for 5* focus (the writing added the regular 5* number to this number, although they have Robin's at.75% because he does not have a 5* that is not a 5* focus), .08% for regular 5* heroes, .48% for 4* heroes, and 1.18% for 3* heroes.

But what is the flaw? Well, the writer seemed to not take into consideration that characters only appear in certain orbs. This would make the percentages arise. Let's take the regular 5* category as an example. Right now, according to the webpage, you have a 0.08% chance to draw Ryoma.

Rarity 5* = 3.00%
# of 5* Characters = 38

[ 3.00% ] / [ 38 ]

= .08%

However, Ryoma can only be found in red orbs. Therefore, we cannot use the entire number of characters, but rather the total number of red weapon characters.

Rarity 5* = 3.00%
# of 5* Red Weapon Characters = 14

[ 3.00% ] / [ 14 ]

= 0.21%

Sure, both .21 and .08 are small numbers, but the former is better than the latter. Furthermore, this has a greater affect on the 5* focus, especially Robin, Takumi, and Camilla. Since those three are the only character in their respective item class in the 5* focus group, I believe that this would make each of their rates 3% (plus .21% for Takumi and Camilla because of the chance of getting them from the regular 5* category).

While true, it might be that red orbs will show up more often because they have the most units in them, instead of there being a 25% chance of getting either a red, blue, green or white orb. Also your calculation of saying there's actually a 0.21% chance of pulling Ryoma is only true if the player ONLY opens red orbs and if they're even available. 

Nice write-up though, good work.

1 minute ago, Birdy said:

While true, it might be that red orbs will show up more often because they have the most units in them, instead of there being a 25% chance of getting either a red, blue, green or white orb. Also your calculation of saying there's actually a 0.21% chance of pulling Ryoma is only true if the player ONLY opens red orbs and if they're even available. 

Nice write-up though, good work.

I agree that the chance of actually getting the right orbs can screw things up the numbers a bit. I would hope each color has a 20% chance of appear (1/5.