Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 minutes ago, Xaos Steel Wing said:

So we get significantly less feathers, even if we get at the top tier?

But... we can get up to 4 orbs a week instead...........

Bleh, I would much rather have the feathers than that paltry amount of orbs.

The current banners broke my will more than I expected, and since we're speculating that Magvel might come after Celica (by dint of them being the continent with the least representation at the moment), I want to rebuild my 100+ stash sooner rather than later.

Though I agree, those 3* GHB units will be gathering dust longer... plus all my Subaki.

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

3 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Forts, interestingly enough, isn't a 30% damage reduction, it's a 30% defense increase. Selena's 32, for example, goes to 41. So things that 3HKOd her (13 damage), now do... 4. (3HKO to 10HKO, haha. And her speed tier is so good that no one doubles her.)

My Wall of Fire and Sharp Things... just got more Wall.

I wonder if the bonus Def counts towards Bonfire.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

My Wall of Fire and Sharp Things... just got more Wall.

I wonder if the bonus Def counts towards Bonfire.

It says 'unit receives a damage reduction,' so, while it's an effective 30% increase to defense stats, it's not actually an increase to defense stats, based on the wording. We'll still need to test, of course, but don't get your hopes up.

6 minutes ago, Xaos Steel Wing said:

Yeah, if you're in the top tier for the week, you can almost summon a single unit.

Just now, Rezzy said:

Yeah, if you're in the top tier for the week, you can almost summon a single unit.

Personally I like orbs over feathers: Yeah, promotion will suck, but more orbs = better chances for a non-spender to merge the rarer, 4 or 5* only units, since all the feathers in the world don't help if you can't get copies. (Besides, voting gauntlet gives a nice chunk of feathers each time, so I don't feel to strapped for feathers.)

My guess about the arena change is that rewards have been changed from ranking to tier, but we still will have the offense and defense rewards, meaning that most players will gain the same amount of feathers (if not more depending on what ranking they ended) and some orbs. Also I think is probably we get more feathers on defense as now we can get more points using season heroes.

2 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

It says 'unit receives a damage reduction,' so, while it's an effective 30% increase to defense stats, it's not actually an increase to defense stats, based on the wording. We'll still need to test, of course, but don't get your hopes up.

That was what I assumed, at least. It's hard to get my hopes up.

You'd have to do something like dangle a Linde in front of me to get my hopes up.

9 minutes ago, Xaos Steel Wing said:

My guess is the orb rewards can potentially become feathers from sending unwanted units home, so in this case, you have an option, in a way, to either take the new units or the extra feathers you used to get (or at least part of them).

Just now, NoirCore said:

My guess is the orb rewards can potentially become feathers from sending unwanted units home, so in this case, you have an option, in a way, to either take the new units or the extra feathers you used to get (or at least part of them).

But the max "feathers" you can earn from a single summoned character is 1000... if you get a 5*. But usually you'll get a 4* or 3* for it... which is barely any feathers at all.

In the previous system I'd be getting 4000+ feathers a week. So at top tier it's still at least 1000 feathers a week less even if you summon a 5* unit everytime from your 4 orbs.

1 minute ago, Xaos Steel Wing said:

But the max "feathers" you can earn from a single summoned character is 1000... if you get a 5*. But usually you'll get a 4* or 3* for it... which is barely any feathers at all.

In the previous system I'd be getting 4000+ feathers a week. So at top tier it's still at least 1000 feathers a week less even if you summon a 5* unit everytime from your 4 orbs.

They didn't say anything about replacing score rewards, though, just rank rewards. And the rank rewards seems pretty matched up from the rank to tier transition (low rank/tier gets a little bit of stuff, high rank/tier gets a bunch of feathers, and some extra orbs).

3 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Sheena with QR and Distant Counter. She has 36 def, which becomes 46 with the 1.3 multipler, while her 33 res becomes 42. It's a monster tank...

And I am so looking forward to this.

Add on 3 stacks of Ward Armor for an absurd 62 Def and 58 Res.

1 minute ago, Xaos Steel Wing said:

Ah. Well, guess it's a forced double-edged sword for the users, then. *shrug*

Just now, DehNutCase said:

They didn't say anything about replacing score rewards, though, just rank rewards. And the rank rewards seems pretty matched up from the rank to tier transition (low rank/tier gets a little bit of stuff, high rank/tier gets a bunch of feathers, and some extra orbs).

Ah.... Now THAT makes sense.

If they keep the score and defense awards, but replace rank rewards with tiers... that would be fine. At that point it's very similar and we get a couple extra orbs.

I'd be fine with that.

Guess we'll find out tomorrow?

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

And I am so looking forward to this.

Add on 3 stacks of Ward Armor for an absurd 62 Def and 58 Res.

Pity the build is soft-countered by guard, though. (And you'll want guard yourself, to prevent Wo Dao+ & special chip.)

4 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Pity the build is soft-countered by guard, though. (And you'll want guard yourself, to prevent Wo Dao+ & special chip.)

Pity no one cares to actually run Guard, though. Or Windsweep, which also shuts down the Wall pretty handily.

And Wo Dao's chip doesn't matter when there are 4 of you and 4 of them and the 4 of them are individually inferior to each of the 4 of you.

Just now, KongDude88 said:

Jusr wanted to say something. They made a mistake in the update notes. Tharja's army was losing in the example picture, which isn't possible.

Maybe it's IntSys acknowledging that Tharja was a mistake

2 minutes ago, KongDude88 said:

Jusr wanted to say something. They made a mistake in the update notes. Tharja's army was losing in the example picture, which isn't possible.

Well, not only is she losing, but her team has zero points.

Maybe Tharja's team is going to be unable to score points at all. 3×0 is still zero.

5 minutes ago, KongDude88 said:

It was like that in the stream, too.

18 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Pity no one cares to actually run Guard, though. Or Windsweep, which also shuts down the Wall pretty handily.

And Wo Dao's chip doesn't matter when there are 4 of you and 4 of them and the 4 of them are individually inferior to each of the 4 of you.

Both Guard and Windsweep are locked behind 5* units, though, so most people won't have 4 copies, and even if they did, they wouldn't particularly want to kill a 5* just for the skill. (Edit: That is, it's not so much that they don't want to as they can't. We'll see if Titania drops to 4*, though.)

And, regarding the Wo Dao+ chip, it's mostly an issue if you face a similar team that pumped defense at the cost of offense---both of you deal basically 0 damage without special, so the side that gets more specials/deals more with them wins. Probably won't happen too often, I imagine.

Edited by DehNutCase

1 minute ago, DehNutCase said:

Both Guard and Windsweep are locked behind 5* units, though, so most people won't have 4 copies, and even if they did, they wouldn't particularly want to kill a 5* just for the skill.

And, regarding the Wo Dao+ chip, it's mostly an issue if you face a similar team that pumped defense at the cost of offense---both of you deal basically 0 damage without special, so the side that gets more specials/deals more with them wins. Probably won't happen too often, I imagine.

Also, few people would choose Guard or Windsweep over a "functional" skill that lands them more kills, like Quick Riposte, Desperation, or a Weaponbreaker. Not to mention Guard wears off after the unit takes 20% damage.

As for the Wo Dao case, I don't think the AI is programmed to care to hold position on a fortification unless they can't move elsewhere. Most of the maps give you a chance to stand your ground on advantageous terrain and let your opponent come to you, so it should be rare that both you and your opponent are on fortifications.

The Arena update should be interesting... I'm always excited to get more free orbs. (I'm just over here hoping we get the omikuji orbs and another free 20 orbs for doing the Voting Gauntlet...) I'm sitting on 23 for Celica right now. And I think I can potentially get another 7 from the monthly quests. We'll probably get another paralogue for Celica so that's another 9 to 11 (including quests).

So two full pulls or at least 8 selective pulls...