Angelcynn: The Myrcian Conflict - Act 4

Shin

Cass moves to 7,4!

Arteria cackled, eyeing Cass as if she were a lost animal. "You're changing your tune awfully quickly, Princess. I'm starting to think you're not as funa s I thought you were." she mused, still playing with her blade idly. "What of the two fools at the colleseum that I played with? You were very happy to watch their end... it's a different story when you're the one causing it. It's a great responsibility to play with the lives of others, but also the greatest thrill. Does it not send fire through you to know that their existence hinges on your actions?"

Serge moves to 7,8!

"You got it boss, Hans! We're protectin' the guy hidin' behind the priest!"

Lars moves to 10,2!
Hans moves to 9,3!

Esclabor remained silent throughout Serge's ranting, although once things got close and personal his attitude very much changed. Pushing Serge away as he released, Esclabor turned back to the cathedral entrance, looking over his shoulder with a venomous glare. "Screw you, Serge, I'll remember that..." he spat, not even remotely inclined to follow the man's orders. "Freya, we're going after the Prince. I'm not letting these punks get away with slugging both him and Alain."

Esclabor refuses to cooperate!

"Apologies, Mr Molenli. As noble as your intentions are, I'm afraid Lady Adeltrudis is somewhat more important than these unruly mobs... I'll keep in mind not to break too many noses with my Bouquet."

Sebastian does not cooperate!

Edited by Shin

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Sir Alain!" First Owen, now him... why were they losing to civilians? Freya was starting to take a few tougher hits herself, but it still looked a bit pathetic with how easily the mage fell. Owen was more understandable with how swarmed he was, but surely it was still embarrassing. She found herself alone amongst the mob of civilians, a familiar anger returning to her. "You'll pay for capturing the prince and harming Sir Alain!" she bellowed, striking at one of the men next to her with the mop. "Sir Esclabor, you're too injured to take directly to the fray. I'll deal with these clowns!"

Freya hits Peasant Man 18 again

Edited by Juliette
yay i made it better

"Then deal with me if I'm not what you want! Just leave them... Leave them, alone... I, I c-can't..." Can't... What? You are enjoying this. That's why you want it to stop. You don't want to enjoy this. You shouldn't, enjoy this... But she's right. That's why you're... Trying so hard. Cass tried to take a step forward, legs failing her, collapsing next to Arteria. A weak hand grabbed her dress, shoulders trembling.

"You're right," she croaked out, "so m-make it stop... Make me stop, feeling like this... I shouldn't! It isn't right! I can't... I-I can't, be like you." Cass was still shivering, perhaps like the lost animal Arteria saw her as, and she didn't know what to do. She'd hoped Adele would've been her pillar, but she'd been something else, becoming distant. They didn't want the same things, she couldn't use her for support. Arteria wasn't much better, but at the very least, she understood this feeling. That was all she had, right now. Whether or not the woman listened remained to be seen.

Between Adele's furious attack on the child, the conflict between Serge and Esclabor and Alain falling as well, things had certainly taken a turn for the worst. Part of Claire wondered why Constance of all people had appeared at a time like this, but finding out was not a priority right now. The person that mattered most had stood her ground; trying to taunt and unsettle the wedding attendees. 

Claire's hands balled into fists as History of Turnips fell to the floor. It seemed to be working. "Whatever she's saying, Cass, don't fall for it!" She watched Cass approach the altar with her mouth agape, in complete disbelief. Was she really going towards the sword-wielding maniac with no weapon? The mage could follow the conversation, in a technical sense, she couldn't understand the princess' decision at all.

Is Cass really that shaken up? Adele's recent actions had certainly soured Claire's opinion of her, Owen had been taken and even Charlotte now was chasing after Owen. What can I do? What can I do? Only Serge and his men seemed truly willing to fight her, and would they be able to provide enough help? But what would happen to Cass if they didn't try anything? The would-be bride was in hysterics, and there was no telling what Arteria would do left to her own devices.

It was with that realisation that Claire stepped forward, desperate to make something work. "I'm not going to let you stroll in here and play with people's lives as if it's some sort of game! It doesn't matter if they don't agree!." In spite of her bold proclamation, Claire was still seriously worried. She was in the same situation as Cass: unarmed, vulnerable and desperate. Ignoring the rational part of her brain screaming that this was an awful idea, Claire shot off a spell towards the gatecrasher. "Get away from her!"

Claire to (7,5), LameFlame Arteria.

Damn, what the hell was that? He was certain he'd used enough firepower to down the man, but it was like his attack had been completely absorbed. He clicked his tongue, steeling himself for the counter. But the attack never came. "Damn, am I glad to see you Freya. Been a while, eh?" he grinned, wiping the sweat from his forehead.

He turned his attention back to Constance, ushering her over for a second time. With Owen carried off, and Charlotte taking after him, their numbers were dwindling, but surely Constance would be able to provide some much needed support. Or so he thought.

"Constance, will you stop gawking and get over he--"

Alain had to squint to see it clearly, but that was definitely, unmistakably, and undoubtedly Constance healing one of the more dangerously armed men. And he was barreling straight at him, complete with a devilish grin on his face.

"WHAT. ARE. YOU. DOING. WOMAN?!!" 

He was willing to overlook the fact that she'd all but let the peasants run off with Owen, but now she was actively helping them too? That had to be the height of stupidity. Alain turned to flee, but someone had caught him by the collar, pulling him back and locking him down. "Grh, let me go... you bastards!" But it was no use, within moments he felt the blunt impact of metal crushing onto his skull, and an all too familiar ringing signaling his impending fate. 

Wretched... Hag... I'll remember th... 

Edited by Vestige

Don't listen to what she's saying? No, Claire just didn't understand... This was the horrible secret hiding behind everything pretty Cass tried to say. Even before she'd met Arteria, killing bandits in Dettard's lands, murdering his men... It brought some form of joy to her. A sick, twisted joy; the power to control how someone's life ends. She hadn't paid it any mind-- why should she have? Killing bandits and usurpers was something that you did to protect your country. It shouldn't have gotten worse than that... But it did. Arteria didn't just kill people she had business with, she murdered as she pleased, that display of power, control-- it was too much to ignore.

"No!"

Cass stands in the way of Claire's spell!

Why were they all doing this? Every one of them, idiotic, worthless! Couldn't they see that Owen was being taken as they wasted their time on these worthless peasants?! Serge was defying her, moving the mercenaries all in the defense of one man instead of Owen, Claire was attacking Arteria, which was surely a death sentence, and Cass... even Cass! She had moved in front of the spell, what point was there in that?!

"Serge. I told you to go after Prince Owen. If I wasn't clear, that was an order. Move your ass, and the asses of your men, after the wretches who took Owen, or it will not only be your employment, and that of all your men, but if something worse happens to him than just being taken because of your defiance, it will also be your head! Do you understand me?! These abhorrent pieces of walking human excrement are nothing compared to Prince Owen's safety!" Adeltrudis roared at Serge as the man dared to not only defy her, but to tell Sebastian and Escablor to abandon Owen, and then have the gall to walk up and stand next to her. Staring down at the mercenary, eyes and posture filled with rage, shaking as her hands balled into fists. Why was this happening, why was any of this happening?! Why were they defying her now, in favour of this trash? She was just about ready to reach out and strangle Serge herself, at this rate.

Edited by Ether

"Freya... just don't get yourself clobbered by these punks!"

Freya attacks Peasant Man #18 with her Mop!
9 Atk, 92% Hit, 18% Crit
(9 78)
Peasant Man #18 prays to remain unmopped!
(59)
There is no god, only mops!

Freya gains 13 XP!
Freya gains 2 Lance WEXP!

Freya grows to level 16!
(41 28 40 27 55 51 50 42)
HP up!
Strength up!
Skill up!
Defense up!

Claire moves to 7,5!

Claire tries to cast Fire at Arteria!
She actually casts Inferno!
Cass also jumps in the way!
Oh dear!
20 Atk, 71% Hit, 3% Crit
(46 4)
Claire roasts Cass for 20 damage! (14/36 HP remaining)
Thankfully both of them have the sense to stop attacking!

Claire gains 10 XP!
Claire gains 1 Tome WEXP!

Cass gains 5 XP for not dying!

As the flames enveloped Cass, Arteria couldn't help but watch in awe, her hands twitching with excitement as her beloved plaything was torched by Claire in her place. The smell of burning fabric and singed hair, she raised her nose to inhale the vapour, as if she were smelling a particularly fragrant flower. "You've killed so many people, including myself... why the sudden change of heart?" she sneered, watching as scraps of Cass' dress fell to the floor. "All of this for a smelly little peasant, you do amuse me. I'll indulge your silly little morals this once, making you beg for mercy was delicious enough and I wouldn't want to be too greedy... but part of me wants to. Tell me, why shouldn't I simply cut through these two and get to the peasant?"

Edited by Shin

"I will go after Owen when you have calmed the hell down." He said with his arms outstretched the block her path. If these people were 'walking excrement' like she said, what did that make him? "You are completely losing it! This entire situation has gone out of control, and if you-...CASS! WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING!?"

Serge was just in time to see Claire aim a spell of conjured fire strait at Arteria, only for Cassandra to step in the way and block the blast with her own body. Claire suddenly let fierce flames out from her, the likes of which he had only seen from Malaphar, and felt the heat from across the cathedral. Cassandra was now engulfed in fire, and the smell of burnt fabric emanated from her body. Serge had a look of complete horror over his face, both from the power that Claire had used, and what Cassandra had done to protect the murderous sister of Apellon.

Serge stepped back two spaces from the altar, and slipped and landed flat on his ass. Whatever was happening he couldn't understand. What the hell was wrong with everybody?!

"Hgh... Gaaaahhhh!" Cass hadn't been expecting a thing from Claire, just a small burn; she didn't have her tomes! But being struck with such an intense broil of fire caught her off guard, in more ways than one. Collapsing once again, she tried to contain the pain, a near impossible feat, tears streaming down her cheeks. But she couldn't have let Claire kill her no, not like that, that would... Wh-Why...? Why do I want her... Alive... No. I know why...

"I h-have no reason... Arteria, f-feel free~ kill them both! K-Kill them all! Be as greedy as y-you want, I can't... Hide from myself, any longer..." A twisted smile spread onto her face through the tears, looking at Hans and Lars. Wouldn't they make a fine display? The first real victims of this church mess? The peasants meant nothing, the faceless masses, but these two held weight, people cared about them. "How... How wonderful~"

Edited by SnakeMomMelissa

"...Cass. No. No! NO! YOU CAN'T DO THIS!" The horrors kept coming. Cassandra had finally snapped. Hans and Lars were about to be cut down by Arteria, because she said so. Niko was right. Niko had been right about nobles the entire time. They didn't care. They didn't care about anyone like him. And now, he was paying yet another price he wasn't prepared for.

"HANS! LARS! RUN! GET OUT, NOW!" He yelled, now hysterical from everything that was happening. Then his eyes widened once more. "Larissa. Where's Larissa?!" He was scrambling to his feet. He didn't have a weapon to stop this. What the hell was he supposed to do?!

Edited by Dandragon

What Adele had thought, was that without a tome, Claire's attack would do little against Cassandra. The reality had been far different, an inferno engulfing Cassandra, setting the Princess alight instantly. Adele's skin began to crawl as bile welled up in her throat. The Herman heiress let out another roar as she rushed back towards Cassandra, but there was someone in the way...

"Sebastian, treat Cassandra's wounds, now! Escablor, get after Owen! ... CLAIRE!" Adele barked out, her reason leaving her as she stepped closer to Cassandra, and a certain someone was in her way. A certain someone who had just made a certain mistake... and if Adeltrudis had any stake in it, she would pay for hurting Cass.

Adele to 7,6, FIST CLAIRE

Arteria had been given her response from Cass, who was still smouldering, and permission to brutalise the axe brothers. "Well, well, that's as clear as it gets." Arteria muttered darkly, a sadistic glimmer sparkling in her eyes. Hans and Lars stood together, looking at the woman's blade nervously. With only their ties to fight back with, and a massive disadvantage in both skill and ability, things were looking bad for the duo. Lars shot a solemn nod at Hans, both of them knew that this couldn't end well for them.

"Sorry, boss... we ain't quick enough to escape that psycho." Lars replied, readying the tie in his hand for their final stand. "Was a pleasure workin' for yer, yer don't believe it, but yer are the hero Emily worshipped... just give yerself some time to grow."

Adele moves to 7,6!
Adele punches Claire for some reason!
10 Atk, 84% Hit, 23% Crit
(52 66)
Claire takes 10 damage! (22/32 HP remaining)
Claire chooses not to murder her ally!

Nobody really learned anything from this!

"I apologise, Lady Adeltrudis, but I'm afraid I was left a request to fulfil in a situation like these. I'll look forward to whatever disciplinary actions you choose to take later." Sebastian interrupted, tossing the bouquet onto the floor and drawing a pair of daggers from his jacket. "Master Javier told me to ensure that you and Princess Cassandra remained safe and well looked after, I'm hard pressed to believe he anticipated this... but I must act."

Sebastian discards his manners!
Sebastian reveals his true stats!

Sebastian moves to 8,4!

Sebastian attacks Arteria with his Throwing Knife!
8 Atk, 97% Hit, 25% Crit  
(95 71)
Arteria takes 8 damage! (30/39 HP remaining)

Sebastian gains 9 XP!
Sebastian gains 1 Sword WEXP!

"My, my... I knew you were hiding something. It's almost disappointing though, the one before you fought much better. It would be so easy to finish you here, it depends if our little Princess wants me to murder her lover's butler... perhaps I have other places to be?"

"A-ah!" Instead of a sparks, a roaring flame gushed from Claire's fingertips, the likes of which she'd never cast before. Was it due to her magical prowess, or sheer distress? It was difficult to say. Spellcasting was normally a painless experience, but the mage felt as though her head was splitting. Her face twisted into a grimace and she felt unsteady on her feet, the sheer power of the spell catching her off guard. Nothing else mattered but the flames now, and Claire was sure that Arteria was done for. When they vanished, however, things were not how they should've been.

"Wh-what? Cass?" Why had she been there? Claire's eyes darted around restlessly. Had she made a mistake while casting? No. No, that wasn't possible, she'd aimed properly this time. This was not another Nelon incident. It couldn't be. The mage stood in petrified silence, watching in horror as Cass well and truly broke down. Had the pain been just too much for her? "No Cass... Please, stop this..." Her voice was little more than a whisper, drowned out by Serge's panic and Adele barking out orders. Claire only noticed her approach after the impact.

Casting Inferno had already made the young mage unsteady on her feet, with the ferocity of Adele's punch she was sent on a swift collision course with the floor. Her landing was far from ideal, but the shock did get her brain moving again. She sat up slowly, watching both the princess and her demon as her mind raced.

Think, think, THINK you idiot! It's all you're good for. Seconds passed, and there was no burst of inspiration coming. She had no ultimatum to offer; no plan of any sort. What can I do? What can I- Claire took in a deep breath, doing her best to not panic. Yet again, she was powerless. She was on the floor, stuck counting on the efforts of others once again in order to try and save the day.

"You... you have to get through to her. It doesn't have to be like this." She quivered as she spoke to Adele, as a heavily wounded Sebastian entered the fray. When is this going to end...? The lunatic asylum was nothing compared to this. Perhaps half of them would end up locked up in there with Ezekiel, after they were through here - and perhaps Claire would have chuckled at this knowledge were things not so dire. 

As things were? Engel help them.

She was still on fire-- why was she still on fire? No spell had lasted this long before. And she wasn't going to last much longer in the face of it. Between her psyche breaking and her back burning, she had little recourse. 

Hearing a thud behind her brought her attention away from things a bit, why was Claire on the floor? Adele? "N-No... Not... Not, her fault... I... But... I wanted..." Wh-What's going on? Claire didn't... That was... I did that. Don't... Dont, hit her, that, wasn't her fault... I...

Grabbing at her head, Cass collapsed onto the carpet, shivering against it. "K-Kill, him, I don't... I dont, c-care... It hurts... Make it all, stop...!"

"Cass, how could you...?" Despite Sebastian's attempts to help, they'd proven futile. All he'd done was place himself in harm's way, and now... what the hell was wrong with Cass. "Ezekiel, you-" Claire went silent suddenly, noticing the civilian still huddled against the altar next to him. If he moves, then they die. But if not, Sebastian.  There was no winning move. It was all part of Arteria's horrifying game, and the prize was the life Cassandra was offering up to her.

"You have to stop this Cass! Please! This isn't you!" Claire struggled to her feet, still feeling a little off-balance. "I don't know what she's done to you, but you have to fight it!" Even Claire's voice was shaking as she spoke. The feeling of powerlessness was all too familiar, but it was the drastic change in the princess which made her feel sick. They'd been friends - one of the only people Claire felt truly comfortable around. But now, the mage shut her eyes. She couldn't bear to look at her smoldering form, or the monster Arteria was twisting her into. Emmet's death had been one thing, but she couldn't watch this.

And now, here's Esclabor on (7,14) with the weather.

Huh... What was Claire saying? "F-Fight it...? Fight, what? This... Th-This is what I r-really want... Deep down, I can't... Hide that, anymore." She couldn't bring herself to stand or roll over, the pain was too great. "All my life... Listening to orders, following what I was s-supposed to be... Arteria is everything I want! Freedom, power... She can do wh-whatever she wishes to do, no consequence, no... No fear."

"And I thought... I thought that was just a dream! So I locked it away... But now! Sh-She's here! It's real... I don't have to bend, to the world's whims, flail in the face of an angry mob... Deal with overbearing nobles, trying to kidnap me, kill me, marry me off, deal with me, control me, never listen to anything I want!" She slammed a fist into the carpet, trembling. "Damn them all! I'm not strong enough to face that! I was supposed to have Adele, she was supposed to help, but even she couldn't hold herself back! Even she... Even she lost it, and said to kill them all, too... I dont have anything left, Claire. I'm not... Susan was right, I'm not strong... Not at all..." 

"I either get there or I don't, no use going halfway house."

Esclabor disobeys orders!
Esclabor moves to 9,17!
Esclabor flips off Constance!

OTHER PHASE

Constance moves to 9,11!

Ezekiel speaks!

"The demon who hides in the realm of his own drives you to depths you cannot fathom! The beast within is not one of this earth but one of the heavens, its fangs bared at the hands that both provide it with sustanance and that strike it. The skys above and the depths below cannot see outside of their gaze, the ground that mortal men traverse too far for their narrow lens to behold. Be gone! Be gone! Such vile breath cannot pierce the glory of the truth! Within lies an eternal sin, but the shell accepts the sins of others! The living nor dead can accept the wanderer of the line. Without an end, the tale matters not, but without a tale to tell the end shall never come! The parable repeats itself, recycles and crumbles, until the ash left behind stains the ground for all to behold!"

ENEMY PHASE

"I ain't going to another wedding ever again!"

Peasant Man #1 cowers in fear!

Peasant Man #12 moves to 7,9!

Peasant Man #12 attacks Serge with his Board with a Nail!
5 Atk, 75% Hit, 15% Crit
(8 75)
Serge takes 5 damage! (32/41 HP remaining)
Serge does something maybe.
(24 56)
Peasant Man #12 cheeses it!

Serge gains 10 XP!
Serge gains 2 Sword WEXP!

Peasant Man #17 moves to 9,16!

Peasant Man #17 attacks Esclabor with his Pointy Stick!
9 Atk, 57% Hit, 4% Crit
(98 54)
Esclabor dodges!
Esclabor laughs at the man's miss!
16 Atk, 100% Hit, 6% Crit, Charge possible
(53 45)
Defeated surrounded by friends... and Esclabor.

Esclabor gains 13 XP!
Esclabor gains 2 Axe WEXP!

The mighty PC slayer, Peasant Man #22 moves to 9,18!

Peasant Man #22 attacks Esclabor with his Shovel!
12 Atk, 62% Hit, 5% Crit
(32 4)
Peasant Man #22's streak continues!

"... maybe I should have hired him instead of Shaggy..."

Peasant Man #25 moves to 7,16!

Peasant Man #25 attacks Freya with his Pointy Stick!
3 Atk, 76% Hit, 1% Crit
(44 76)
Freya takes 3 damage! (18/43 HP remaining)
Freya counters with a well placed mop!
11 Atk, 92% Hit, 37% Crit
(68 44)
Maybe not that well placed! (19/30 HP remaining)

Freya gains 8 XP!
Freya gains 1 Lance WEXP!

Peasant Woman #6 moves to 7,9!

Peasant Woman #6 attacks Serge with her Frying Pan!
3 Atk, 44% Hit, 0% Crit
(93 39)
Nope!
Serge counters!
(9 65)
Engel?
(88)
Nope!

Serge gains 8 XP!
Serge gains 2 Sword WEXP!

The peasant women flee!

Peasant Child #7 moves to 9,17!

OTHER PHASE

"I don't think I like this priest very much... you have enough to think about, Princess. I look forward to seeing you bloom the next time we meet. My brother would be interested to see how many friends you have left after this... and maybe I can help you get rid of the rest afterwards." Arteria complained, hiding a silent fury after hearing Ezekiel's words. "I'll carve your holy little helper... but maybe his God looks upon him favourably today."

Arteria flees!

Chapter 8 Turn 6

c28b6c5412c9feba8a3db6a384c95922.png

SPREADSHEET

In Pursuit of Pants

Sidney had been somewhat delayed in her pursuit of Owen's kidnappers, but her pacing meant that she was able to give chase. The unruly mob had forced Owen into a sack, carrying him as if he were a sack of potatoes. "Make sure yer take his pants from him, yer seen what he can do with those." one of the peasants warned, Owen's antics still very fresh in his mind. For a bunch of tunic wearing goons, their pace was almost impressive. Taking twists and turns, the peasants planned to use their knowledge of the city to lose Sidney. Unfortunately for them, that wasn't quite going to work on the thief. Guards were puzzled as they watched the chase occur, although not quite invested enough to join for themselves.

Passing a turnip stall, Sidney could hear someone running alongside her. Decima had also begun to give chase, panting as she tried to keep up with Sidney. "Don't... mind me... I'll follow as best as I can." she gasped, nearly tripping over a stray cat. "I slipped out just after you did... nobody seemed to notice. I think they're... trying to get out of town."

Her suggestion hadn't been too outrageous, there was definitely some logic to the route they were taking, removing themselves from the city centre gradually as they weaved between buildings. 

Heretically Hilarious

Blows to the shovel aside, Alain had somehow ended up in the same dark emptiness from before - after he'd been killed in the previous battle. There was a deep laughter, a familiar deity had decided to grace the diplomat with his presence once more. However, there was a strange pulling sensation in his limbs, as if he were a puppet about to be forced to dance by its puppeteer.

"Alain, Alain... you do amuse me. Last time it was lightning, this time a shovel... should I prepare to see you when you drink your milk slightly too quickly?" Belial joked, quite blatantly amused by Alain's antics. "Do not worry, you have not died this time. I just thought I would check on how you were doing... you've become very good friends with Queen Ethel, haven't you? I think you two will get along swimmingly."

Heaven's Drive

Owen's ride wasn't particularly comfortable, although he perhaps had the luxury of being unconscious and being able to ignore the lack of finese from his captors. However, he was subject to a far more surreal experience, although it would be down to him to say if it were better or not. It wasn't clear why, but Owen was standing in the middle of a misty fog, with grass beneath his feet and silhouettes of flowers and bushes hiding themselves in his peripheries. There was a fainty nostalgic smell, similar to that of his mother after she'd visited the castle gardens. King Oswald stood in front of Owen, wearing a white robe and faced away from his son. His faded pink beard swayed gently in the breeze, the wind's tones echoed and distant.

"Owen? Is that you?" Oswald asked, turning to look at Owen. His face was sickly and gaunt, the face of a man who was doomed to die. "I was just speaking to Jeeves, but he had to leave. I think I'll be following him soon, have you come to say goodbye to me? I have few regrets as a King, but many as a father... I wish I had more time to know you as my son, instead of my heir."

"I don't understand..." Even when Cassandra tried to explain, it was too bizarre. "You call watching others die freedom...? What if it was Adele, or Owen or your father? Wouldn't you feel something then? Things were going to get better Cass, but now..." Now, Claire wasn't sure anymore. It was impossible to tell what the future held now; things were never going to be the same.

Ezekiel's ramblings only added to the chaos, and having met him before she didn't try too hard to decipher what he was trying to say. Even on the edge of lunacy, he seemed to understand that something was horribly wrong. 

The fact that Arteria chose to leave was truly a miracle. Were the circumstances any different, the whole fight would be over and they would be taking care of the wounded. Instead, Esclabor and Alain were still unconscious, and Claire wasn't even sure if Adele was going to attack her again. Or if Cass was going to do anything else. Even if they attacked her, Claire wasn't sure if she could do anything. 

And there she went. Arteria was gone, as fast as she came, as fast as she'd worked her magic on the group... Cass didn't know what to do. Had she ever known? Not really... It was just some happy words and positive thinking. Was that all you needed to change yourself? Change things? Whatever the truth was, Cass had shown her true colors. Claire spoke again; she was right. Despite things, she'd still feel terrible if Owen, Adele, her Father, Claire... If any of them had been killed, she'd be sobbing. But the peasants, even Hans and Lars... She felt nothing for them. It was terrible. Who was she to weigh lives? And yet she did. And she couldn't stop... And she...

"I'm sorry..." she muttered, sobbing. Struggling to sit up, trembling, shaking, gently pointing her staff at Claire. She healed her wounds as best as she could, collapsing against her staff and starting to wail. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm, I-I... Wahhhhhhh!"

Cass stays put (swaps libro for heal) and sad heals Claire

Cass trades Libro for Heal!
Cass heals Claire?
Cass gains 15 XP!
Cass gains 2 Staff WEXP!

Cass grows to level 16!
(91 98 10 8 61 45 75 58)
Magic up!
Skill up!
Luck up!

Sidney panted as she kept up her chase, nodding at Decima briefly. "You're right... what the hell are they thinking?! Give him back, you idiots! You're not going to get anything from this! We'll call it off!" Her gaze shifted to her waist- was it still too extreme to bring out her knife? Probably... "Guards, DO anything at all! There's a prince being captured by the peasants!" she screeched. She was surprised with how much they kept ahead of her, considering how much she usually outpaced people, but she had no intentions of slowing down. "If the Queen hears of this, you'll all be sorry that you didn't do anything!"

Edited by Reinfleche
english is my first language