Angelcynn: The Myrcian Conflict - Act 4

Shin

"Who made yer stick for you, lad? Our grandma could sharpen better than that, an' she's in an urn!"

Hans and Lars move to 6,6!

Lars attacks Peasant Man #3 with Hans' Tie!
10 Atk, 100% Hit, 0% Crit
(89 73)
Lars deals 10 damage! (8/30 HP remaining)
Peasant Man #3 attacks back with his Pointy Stick!
8 Atk, 51% Hit, 2% Crit
(69 12)
Hans off!
Lars seals the deal!
(34 64)

Hans and Lars gain 30 XP!
Hans and Lars gain 3 Axe WEXP!

Hans grows to level 11!
(41 32 37 78 14 15 75 29)
HP up!
Strength up!
Speed up!
Luck up!

Lars grows to level 11!
(91 49 69 42 89 90 27 22)
Skill up!
Defense up!
Resistance up!

"You should fight me instead of healing him... I know you're holding back, my little butler..."

Sebastian moves to 8,8!

"Remind me to ask Lady Adeltrudis to give you a second pair of shoes, Mr Molenli."

Sebastian heals Serge back to full HP!
Sebastian gains 8 XP!
Sebastian gains 2 Staff WEXP!

Claire applies her knowledge of turnips for Peasant Woman #6!
12 Atk, 100% Hit, 19% Crit
(20 61)
(79 21)
Claire deals 24 damage in total! (3/27 HP remaining)

Claire gains 8 XP!
Claire gains 2 Tomes WEXP!

ALLY PHASE

"Sorry theres, grandma. We'll make space for you so you can beat up them gays with us."

Constance moves to 9,19!

ENEMY PHASE

"A sword? We only want to run them out of town, not murder them!"

Peasant Man #1 attacks Ezekiel wit his Pointy Stick!
11 Atk, 62% Hit, 0% Crit
(52 34)
Ezekiel takes 11 damage! (26/37 HP remaining)

Peasant Man #12 moves to 11,9!

Peasant Man #12 attacks Claire with his Board with a Nail!
7 Atk, 60% Hit, 11% Crit
(31 90)
Claire gets planked for 7 damage! (18/32 HP remaining)
Claire responds with an essay about turnip leaves!
15 Atk, 83% Hit, 10% Crit
(47 98)
Claire's trivia deals 15 damage! (15/30 HP remaining)

Claire gains 8 XP!
Claire gains 1 Tome WEXP!

"Cowards? She's the one running away, tubby!"

Peasant Man #16 moves to 9,13!

Peasant Man #16 attacks Freya with his Shovel!
3 Atk, 76% Hit, 1% Crit
(73 39)
Freya takes 3 damage! (33/42 HP remaining)
Freya mops for the sake of love!
11 Atk, 88% Hit, 5% Crit
(19 23)
Freya deals 11 damage! (6/30 HP remaining)

Freya gains 8 XP!
Freya gains 1 Lance WEXP!

Peasant Man #17 moves to 8,14!

Peasant Man #17 attacks Freya with his Pointy Stick!
1 Atk, 73% Hit, 0% Crit
(44 87)
Freya takes 1 damage... maybe? (32/42 HP remaining)
Freya mops up the damage and then the peasant!
10 Atk, 91% Hit, 7% Crit
(5 73)
Freya deals 10 damage! (20/30 HP remaining)

Freya gains 8 XP!
Peasant Man #18 attacks Sidney!
(88 23)
Nope.

Sidney gains 5 XP!
Peasant Man #19 attacks Owen with his Pointy Stick!
8 Atk, 68% Hit, 0% Crit
(40 3)
Owen takes 8 damage! (15/31 HP remaining)
Owen pantses it!
10 Atk, 124% Hit, 16% Crit, 16% Astra
(16 57 61)
Owen makes Peasant Man #19's pants fall down!
He runs away with his pants at his ankles!

Owen gains 17 XP!
Owen gains 2 Sword WEXP!
Peasant Man #20 attacks Owen with his Shovel!
10 Atk, 69% Hit, 0% Crit
(5 51)
Owen takes 10 damage! (5/31 HP remaining)
Owen strikes back with his pants!
9 Atk, 97% Hit, 7% Crit, 16% Astra
(71 95 97)
Owen deals 9 damage! (3/30 HP remaining)
(95 42 14)
Owen's pants glimmer with a green light!
Owen deals 4 damage!
Owen swings his pants around 4 more times for luck!

Owen gains 17 XP!
Owen gains 3 Sword WEXP!

Owen grows to level 15!
(3 94 71 44 15 91 6 2)
HP up!
Skill up!
Speed up!
Defense up!
Resistance up! 
Peasant Man #22 attacks Owen with his Shovel!
9 Atk, 69% Hit, 0% Crit
(33 88)
Owen gets bonked on the head!

"We gots him! Take him away before his friends beat us up!"

Owen is kidnapped by the peasants!
Cass becomes the convoy!

"Rights this way, miss. We can't let the elderly be excluded from this happening."

Peasant Man #23 politely moves to 8,17!

Peasant Man #23 attacks Sidney with his pointy stick!
(76 76)
Lol.

Sidney gains 5 XP!

Peasant Man #24 moves to 7,18!

Peasant Man #24 attacks-...
(99 45)
Never mind.

Sidney gains 5 XP!

Peasant Man #25 stays put!

Peasant Woman #2 attacks Ezekiel with her Rolling Pin!
7 Atk, 58% Hit, 0% Crit
(2 72)
Ezekiel takes 7 damage! (19/37 HP remaining)

Peasant Woman #6 stays put!

Peasant Child #4 moves to 8,9!

Peasant Child #4 attacks Cass with his Yo-yo!
3 Atk, 48% Hit, 0% Crit
(85 60)
Nope.

Cass gains 5 XP!

Peasant Woman #7 moves to 9,12!

Peasant Woman #7 attacks Esclabor with her Rolling Pin!
8 Atk, 71% Hit, 4% Crit
(53 79)
Esclabor takes 8 damage! (13/33 HP remaining)
Esclabor tells Peasant Woman #7 what he thinks of her.
15 Atk, 78% Hit, 2% Crit, Charge possible
(21 1)
Peasant Woman #7 goes pale!
She passes out!

Esclabor gains 13 XP!
Esclabor gains 2 Axe WEXP!

Peasant Woman #9 stays put!
Peasant Woman #10 stays put!

Peasant Child #5 moves to 8,11!

"And this is why I hate children..."

Peasant Child #5 attacks Esclabor with his spoon!
8 Atk, 63% Hit, 0% Crit
(1 90)
Esclabor takes 8 damage! (5/33 HP remaining)
Esclabor expels profanities not suitable for children!
16 Atk, 77% Hit, 0% Crit, Charge not possible
(69 58)
Esclabor scars the child for 16 damage! (9/25 HP remaining)
(70 88(
Peasant Child #5 runs away screaming!

Esclabor gains 7 XP!
Esclabor gains 3 Axe WEXP!

Peasant Child #7 stays put!

Peasant Child #8 moves to 7,12!

OTHER PHASE

"My, my... attacking a priest won't let you go to heaven. Let me speed up the journey."

Arteria moves to 7,3!

Arteria attacks Peasant Woman #2 with her Iron Blade!
23 Atk, 96% Hit, 7% Crit
(20 65)
Peasant Woman #2 takes 23 damage! (4/27 HP remaining)
Peasant Woman #2 swings for her life!
1 Atk, 51% Hit, 3% Crit
(9 15)
Arteria takes 1 damage! (38/39 HP remaining)
Arteria finishes the job!
(37 5)
Peasant Woman #2 needs a funeral after this wedding!

Chapter 8 Turn 4

Alternative Objective - Have three blue units go outside to chase after Owen!

9556802fba7d6c790d821a08fc730a8f.png

SPREADSHEET

Arteria smirked, making sure Adele and Cass were watching as the peasant woman fell to the ground. "One down, free of charge." she sniggered, prodding the corpse with her foot. Compared to her previous battles, Arteria seemed almost restrained, more smug in her satisfaction than overjoyed at the prospect of murder. She looked to the back of the church, a group of peasants had picked up Owen and were hurrying away with him. "You have a dilemma though, dear Princess. Do you stop me, get married or save your brother? It would be ever so difficult to try and achieve all three at once... but I'd like to see you try. Will you send your pets to go save your brother whilst you wed your beloved? Or perhaps you'll abandon love for familial love? Maybe you'll even give up everything and come after me?"

Esclabor gritted his teeth, looking ahead at the mob of peasants. "Patch me up, Princess. I'll get through all of them if  have to, nobody's running off with your brother like that." he grunted, poised to leap into the crowd. "Dealing with Miss Psycho's going to have to wait, a few dead peasants don't mean squat if we can keep the Prince from getting hurt. Damn, I knew this wedding was a bad idea... no use complaining now, we need to make a plan fast."

Edited by Shin

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was as if everything wished to go wrong all at once. She knew that Owen would've been in trouble with that mob, but she hadn't ever expected them to take him-- why the fuck were they taking him!? What? Why, did they even want to... Ugh! She'd been too slow to stop Arteria as well, one of the mob's women falling limp near the alter. Taunts, mistakes, obligations, Esclabor-- "E-Esclabor?" He was asking to go after Owen, but he looked pretty beat up too... Could she afford to sit around and heal him with Arteria playing butcher near the throne? But, but Owen... This is just, terrible... Maybe... Maybe it was a mistake.

"Maybe you're right," she muttered, not knowing what else to do but fix him up and hope he could handle things.

Cass is still RATHER TROUBLED but instead of standing still she pulls out the libro for her heal, thanks convenient dress pocket, and moves to 8,6. Time to heal her not friend, Esclabor!

Getting closer to the alter, and Arteria, Cass didn't know what there was left to say. The worry was caught in her throat, making talking incredibly difficult. Would begging work? Would Arteria even care? "Please! Stop this! I'll do anything, just, stop killing them! They're scared, they don't know any better, this isn't..." Would such platitudes even register on the woman's psychotic scale?

Edited by SnakeMomMelissa

Claire winced as she took a hit from the plank, although she was in much better shape than the woman Arteria decided to face. And with Owen being knocked out and taken as well, things were truly going from bad to worse. Still, she didn't like Esclabor's suggestion to just let the murderous swordfighter rampage through the church as she pleased. "No, we have to deal with both." She shook her head firmly, hurriedly examining the fight around the altar.

Her conclusion was fairly simple: they were not in good shape. Even if it was only Arteria, they were all worn down, and she was only one sporting a real weapon. There wasn't much they could do, but... "I'll deal with Arteria." Claire decided. Attempting combat magic without a tome was optimistic at the best of times, but compared to their assorted collection of clothing and furniture, it might be the best weapon they had. 

She had to move closer though; Claire was still too far away, and there were still some peasants in the the way which had to be dealt with. "Go home. This is too dangerous for a child."

Sebastian to (9,9), Heal Claire
Claire to (8,7), turnips Child 4.

Edited by SB.

There was Arteria, with her signature taunting and jeering, as she slaughtered one of the peasants assailing the priest. Normally Adeltrudis would have been distraught, disgusted... but she just didn't care. If anything, seeing the lifeless body hit the floor gave her a feeling of vindication. Seeing as the bunch near her were thinning, and her expression growing into a horrendous scowl as Owen was knocked unconscious and taken, Adele began walking towards the main doors of the church, not bothering to step around the unconscious peasants... arms, legs, heads, necks... she didn't care what she stepped on, what she broke, not anymore. 

"Stop you? Why would we do that? I couldn't care less what you do to these wretches anymore... kill them all, if it will satiate you enough so as to not interfere with our wedding, then do as you wish with them." Adele answered the psychotic swordswoman flatly, as she moved closer to Cass and the others, closer to where they had taken Owen. A child stood there, likely jeered on by his parents in some cycle of hatred. It didn't matter, really, they would grow up to do the same to their own children. As she reached them, Adele pulled her fist back, not even bothering with her chair, as she swung at the interloping youngster, all sympathy long gone.

"What are you all standing around for? Get Owen back, immediately! Even if you have to barrel through these worthless sacks to do it."

Adele to 7,9, attack child 4 if Claire misses. If she hits and the child flees, knock him down and hit him anyway.

Edited by Ether

Serge just looked at Adele with a shocked expression, completely silent as he was healed by Sebastian. The sorry state of his boot was the least of his concerns at the moment. Adele's words were concerning. These people were still pretty defenseless against them, and even if they were the aggressors, not caring whether or not they died...disturbed him.

"...A-Alright, Adele. You're the boss." He said, then whistled to the both of Hans and Lars. "Oi! We're going after the peasants with Owen! Come on!"

Serge moves to (8,12), punch child

Lars and Hans move to (7,10), cannot punch

Peasant after peasant came, Owen doing his best to fend them off. "Please understand..." It all fell on deaf ears, amazing. He couldn't figure out how people could get this frenzied, even children were taught to join in. What a horrible sight...

"Huh!" Bracing another shove to the face, Owen countered with his whip-pants, making the man back off in shame. The second swing would send him packing... and the pants flew much faster in the air than normal. "Huh!?" His eyes opened wide, catching an emerald glow quite literally coming from his pants. "It can't be, now of all ti--" Owen sadly couldn't even complete his sentence, or know what to feel, as another shovel came for him.

"Oof--" That last shovel had done it, knocking the resistance from Owen as he dropped to the floor, his head ringing and his vision blurred. "Ugh, it seems I let both my pants get dirt on them, how careless..." Murmuring, he closed his eyes. Quickly he realized he was being dragged across the ground floor, then lifted. He lacked the energy to look at his captors, grunting as the pain spread from being carried so crudely. "Hah... seems I couldn't guide you on the red carpet, Cassandra... I'm sorry." Quickly, his world faded to black. He needed a rest... but this isn't quite how he expected it to go.

Edited by Xinnidy

"Wh... A-Adele?" Kill them all? What? "N-No! Don't kill any of them! What's... Wh-Why would you say that!?" No, they were in the wrong, but they didn't deserve to die for it! They weren't even bringing real weapons, wh... Th-They were on Raewaldian soil, this wasn't... They couldn't just go killing the queen's people over a dispute like this! They had to answer them with their fists, knock them out, have their moment, leave... This... "I, d-don't! Don't kill any of them! Adele, come back...!" This was looking more desperate by the moment, Cass stuck looking between their mobile guillotine and the woman she thought she knew... But she didn't know this side of her.

"Oh god... Prince Owen!" Alain cried out, his stomach lurching as he watched the mob of peasants batter and subsequently hoist away the crown Prince of Wyke. His first inclination was to give pursuit, but there were still peasants swarming nearby. Just how many of them exactly had shown up to the wedding? I doubt I can make it past that... He gave a moment's consideration before making his move. For now, this will have to suffice...

"Lady Charlotte, you'd best make haste before we lose too much ground. If you can slow them down even a little, the rest of us should be able to follow suit. I'll clear the path, so get moving," he said, advancing towards the man that had her flanked. 

"Damned fool, get out of the way!"

Alain moves to (18,5) and gives Peasant Man #24 a taste of ye old FIRAGA. 

Arteria grinned, beckoning Adele to her side. "What a wonderful proposition, I always thought red is a much better colour than blue." she commented, her blade glimmering with patches of red across its blade. Sebastian looked cautiously at Adele and then back to Cass, his eyes almost objecting to his master's decision. "Let them all know how you feel, why give in to their will when you can simply force your own upon them? Chaos creates order, their deaths are but a nuisance to your inner desire. Those who cannot fight back have no right to complain! Take what you want with your might!"

Turning her gaze to Cass, she gesturing for Cass to take the stage. "My little Princess, didn't you want a wedding without interruptions? They couldn't possibly accept you, why should you have to accept them?" she cackled, eying the children down the aisle. The children looked back at the woman, terrified by her murderous gaze."You never knew any of these people yet they shunned you... nobody will miss them, they're not irreplaceable like you."

Hans turned to his brother, somewhat unsettled by Arteria's speech. "Lars, that ain't right, we're defending ourselves, we can't be just killing people because we don't agree with them." he urged, pointing over at Adele. "She might be paying the bill, but we gotta help the boss, they won't cut down people who ain't fightin', right?"

Lars watched on sternly, gripping his brother's tie tightly. "I dunno, little bro... it's pretty hard to tell who's the craziest out of them three sometimes." Lars remarked, ushering his brother forward. "We don't got time to think about that, the boss needs us. At least he's got his head on straight."

"You're the biggest interruption here! I know they don't accept me; I don't accept them either, but that doesn't mean they deserve to die!" R-Right? She felt a similar feeling to before, at the arena, finding her eyes drawn to Arteria's blade, coated in red. She gulped. "Th-This isn't... It's not... They should, just be forced to leave, not... Not die..." Irreplaceable? Did Arteria actually believe that, or was it just because of how well Cass squirmed? Adele wasn't backing down, even going so far as to beat on one of the children as she went past. Why? She couldn't understand, it wasn't right, this... This was all wrong! They, were just... "Please, d-don't... Don't, kill them..." Why am I faltering?

Edited by SnakeMomMelissa

"Owen!" Sidney shouted, helpless to stop him amongst all the crowds, who suddenly only had one nearby target. "Wh-what are you doing?! Get off me!" The attacks seemed to come so slowly towards her, their lack of training obvious, but still, she was in no position to do much back. "What are you thinking trying to kidnap the prince, you idiots? Get out of my way! And if you're smart, you'll leave too!, since there's a crazy woman with a sword up there, if you haven't noticed!"

Alain's plan, at least, seemed to make sense. "You're right... no point sitting around here. They're all so slow, I bet I could catch up to them pretty quickly. Good luck with the rest of them, then." She brushed past some of the crowd easy enough before breaking into a sprint to chase after the kidnappers.

Sidney departs, pursuing after Owen

Edited by Reinfleche

"They made their choice. They can still make it. If they drop their protests and flee, so long as we get Owen back, they can leave, I don't care." Adele replied flatly, watching Cassandra begin to protest, though not for long, as the Princess began to grow meek and small as she looked to Arteria... she had acted similarly at the arena, hadn't she? At the time Adeltrudis hadn't considered it, but her expected disgust at the actions of that swordswoman... seeing her now, they had seemed to feigned. Perhaps they had been.

"Though perhaps it's too late for them. To protest our wedding is one thing, but to attack a foreign Prince both guest and ally to the Queen, and brusquely take him away? Her Highness will likely have them all executed anyway."

Constance nodded as the man cleared a way for her. Then she heard something quite unexpected. Her own name. She looked over to her left. Alain? What is he doing here. Wait. Constance looked down the aisle. That must be the princess then. She heard shouting about someone with a real weapon. "God damn fools" she cursed under her breath.

Movement pending.

"I hope you know what you're doing Princess... just don't do anything reckless."

Cass moves to 8,6!
Cass uses Libro on Esclabor!
Esclabor is healed for 14 HP! (19/33 HP remaining)
Cass gains 20 XP!
Cass gains 3 Staff WEXP!

"I'd have to say I actually prefer radishes, Lady Bennett."

Sebastian moves to 9,9!
Sebastian uses Heal on Claire!
Claire returns to full HP!
Sebastian gains 8 XP!
Sebastian gains 2 Staff WEXP!

Claire moves to 8,7!

Claire turnips Peasant Child #4!
14 Atk, 100% Hit, 12% Crit
(94 24)
No child can resist turnips!

Claire gains 7 XP!
Claire gains 2 Tome WEXP!

Peasant Child #4 attempts to flee!
Adele moves to 7,9!
Adele trips the child!
Adele hits the child!
So heartless!

Serge moves to 8,12!

Serge attacks Peasant Child #8!
14 Atk, 80% Hit, 0% Crit, 12% Adept, Charge Possible
(45 82)
Serge deals 14 damage! (11/25 HP remaining)
(65)
Peasant Child #8 goes for Serge's eye with his spoon!
(90 23)
Not even worth it!
Serge shows his questionable parenting methods!
(17 42)
Peasant Child #8 cheeses it!

Serge gains 6 XP!
Serge gains 3 Sword WEXP!

"Sorry, boss... we ain't gonna let that nutjob gut them peasants. The prince is important and all, but us two ain't getting there in time."

Hans and Lars move to 8,3!
Hans and Lars split!
Hans moves to 8,4!

"My, my... I might have to take the scenic route... unless our dear Adele wants me to get rid of her goons."

Alain moves to 18,5!

Alain attacks Peasant Man #24 with his fine literature!
15 Atk, 100% Hit, 11% Crit
(45 19)
Peasant Man #24 takes 15 damage! (15/30 HP remaining)
Alain attacks again!
(51 25)
Peasant Man #24 prays for his... consciousness?
(24)
Praise be to Engel!

Alain gains 9 XP!
Alain gains 2 Tome WEXP!

Sidney escapes to chase after Owen!

Before he could say anything, Hans and Lars had decided to go against his orders, and by extension Adele's orders. Serge turned to face the altar, and his eyes widened at the sight. Adele, tripping a fleeing peasant, a child no less, and punching him square in the face with absolutely no remorse. Further back, an amused Arteria, looking at both of the axe brothers who now stood in her way of a peasant next to the priest that was meant to wed his employer with the princess. To make matters worse, Arteria was proposing the idea of cutting down both of the brothers... to Adele. And at this point, Serge wasn't sure how she would respond. To call him scared would be a massive understatement.

"Hans! Lars! Get the hell away from her! NOW!" He yelled, knowing deep down that they wouldn't listen to him. The crimson red that dropped from Arteria's blade, and the feeling of murderous intent that was written all across her face, should have been clear to the both of them. Yet, Hans and Lars both stood there, seemingly ready to let themselves be bodies in the way of her. But Serge wasn't. Serge was no where near ready for another person to be gone from his life, much less two of them.

Serge's sight then fixated on the child next to Adele, and his gut turned. He was already out of the will to fight, but Adele still cruelly made him fall to the floor, before kicking, or rather punching, him while he was down. Then, he looked over to the kid that he just hit with his own boot, now unconscious and also on the floor. And the realization of what he had been doing finally hit him. This was what he was being told to do.

Everything about the situation was making him feel terrible. From the peasants of all ages trying to stop a wedding over their blind faith and beliefs, to his employer's uncaring attitude towards their well being, much like the many nobles back at the Colosseum, to the psycho that had been invited by the princess. What was he supposed to do? On the one hand, they were aggressors in the situation, bringing makeshift weapons and trying to hurt people, even capturing one of them. How else was someone supposed to respond with that other than self-defense? But...on the other hand, this was going too far. Making them run away is one thing. Beating them to a pulp and murdering them was something else entirely.

Serge was shaking his head. He was done. This wasn't what he stood for. This wasn't what the Hearthfire Crew stood for. Serge faced Adele, concerned, yet resolved.

"Adele. This has got to stop. We can do the wedding somewhere else, or something! Who cares if it's official? As long as you two are together, it shouldn't matter, right?" Serge was desperately trying to reason with her, trying to use things that his parents had said about their own marriage. "There doesn't have to be a ring. There doesn't have to be a priest. All you have to do is be together, right? Please. Just call this off. Just call her off. No one needs to die over this!"

"You act like I can do that, Serge. If I told her to stop and to let them all live, do you really think it would change anything? They made their choice, I'm not going to watch my own people die trying to protect them from the consequences of that choice, nor will I go easy on them, so long as they have Owen." Adele replied flatly, shaking her hand as the kid fell before her, not bothering to interfere with him as he began to make his way towards the door. Looking back at Hans and Lars as they foolishly stood between Arteria and one peasant woman, Adele sighed.

"That said, Arteria, I would prefer you not turn your sword on my men. I don't know whether you actually care what I have to say, but those two have done nothing wrong aside from being sentimental and a tad suicidal." Adele asked, though it felt pointless. If it came down to force, they weren't actually armed. How many of them would have to die to stop Arteria from culling a few peasants? Too many to be anywhere near worth it.

"As for you, peasant. You should run. Drop your weapon and run, I won't stop you... I can't say what she'll do, but it won't matter if you're faster. Tell your friends to return Prince Owen, and then never come into my sight again. That's the only recourse I can offer you. If you won't listen, well... you saw what she'll do to you."

Constance Move to (9,16) use Heal on PeasentMan#22

"What are you doing?!" She shouted. "All of you, stop this madness!"

Edited by Jotari

Freya moves to 7,17!
10 Atk, 86% Hit, 6% Crit
(82 91)
Freya deals 10 damage! (5/30 HP remaining)
Peasant #24 looks at his board and sighs!

Freya gains 8 XP!

"I don't care if they all mob me, someone needs to chase after the Prince!"

Esclabor moves to 8,13!

Esclabor attacks Peasant Man #16 with his Attitude!
17 Atk, 95% Hit, 4% Crit, Charge possible
(52 68)
Peasant Man #16 can't stand being near Esclabor! He leaves!

Esclabor gains 17 XP!

ALLY PHASE

Constance moves to 9,19!
Constance heals Peasant Man #22!
Peasant Man #22 returns to full HP!
Constance gains 25 XP!
Constance gains 3 Staff WEXP!

ENEMY PHASE

"That psycho's gonna kill me! I ain't gonna do anything, I swears it! Don't let her kill me, please!

Peasant Man #1 cowers in fear!

Peasant Man #12 moves to 10,9!

Peasant Man #12 attacks Sebastian with his Board with a Nail!
5 Atk, 82% Hit, 14% Crit
(73 99)
Sebastian takes 5 damage! (11/36 HP remaining)
Sebastian shoves the Bouquet in his face!
7 Atk, 56% Hit, 0% Crit
(20 94)
Sebastian deals 7 damage! (8/30 HP remaining)
Peasant Man #12 strikes again!
(86 10)
The plank appears to have mercy!

Sebastian gains 6 XP!
Sebastian gains 1 Sword WEXP!

Peasant Man #17 moves to 7,16!

Peasant Man #17 attack Freya with his Pointy Stick!
1 Atk, 73% Hit, 0% Crit
(17 67)
Freya takes 1 damage! (31/42 HP remaining)
Freya mops back into action!
10 Atk, 91% Hit, 7% Crit
(40 25)
Freya deals 10 damage! (10/30 HP remaining)

Freya gains 8 XP!

Peasant Man #18 moves to 6,17!

Peasant Man #18 attacks Freya with his Shovel!
4 Atk, 74% Hit, 0% Crit
(48 0)
Freya takes 4 damage! (27/42 HP remaining)
Freya does that thing!
9 Atk, 92% Hit, 6% Crit
(56 61)
Freya deals 9 damage! (9/30 HP remaining)

Freya gains 8 XP!

Peasant Man #22 moves to 6,18!

Peasant Man #22 attacks Alain with his Shovel!
12 Atk, 72% Hit, 0% Crit
(42 37)
Alain gets bonked on the head!
Alain goes down!
A quiet voice whispers into Alain's ear.

"You really need to stop making a habit of this."

Esclabor isn't happy!

"You little spudhunter! I'll drive that shovel right up your rear!"

Peasant Man #23 attacks Freya with his Pointy Stick!
2 Atk, 78% Hit, 0% Crit
(19 88)
Freya takes 2 damage! (21/42 HP remaining)
Freya's Wrath activates!
Freya mops back with fury!
10 Atk, 90% Hit, 36% Crit
(65 23)
In a parallel universe, Bill is proud.

Freya gains 17 XP!
Freya gains 2 Lance WEXP!

Peasant Man #24 looks at his weapon... then over at Freya!
Peasant Man #24 moves to 8,14!

Peasant Man #24 attacks Esclabor with his Board with a Nail!
8 Atk, 69% Hit, 28% Crit
(53 83)
Esclabor takes a plank to the face for 8 damage! (11/33 HP remaining)
Esclabor glares at the man!
16 Atk, 93% Hit, 3% Crit, Charge possible
(88 66)

"I'm not sure what's more pathetic, that attack or your life prospects."

Peasant Man #24 consiers his future!
(77)
He realises his life sucks and leaves crying!

Esclabor gains 17 XP!

Esclabor grows to level 15!
(19 70 31 30 89 42 31 68)
HP up!
Skill up!
Luck up!

Peasant Man #25 moves to 9,19!
Peasant Woman #6 moves to 11,9!
Peasant Woman #9 moves to 9,20!
Peasant Woman #10 moves to 7,18!
Peasant Child #7 moves to 12,18!

OTHER PHASE

"A shame really, you values your toys too much, Adele... they're far more replaceable than you believe."

Arteria stays put!

Chapter 8 Turn 5

a2597012bdcbcd81407c28b5ea3d8c33.png

SPREADSHEET

Hans and Lars stayed put as Arteria rambled, both of them tense from their company. Hans looked back at the cowering peasant, the axeman shooing him away. "Get out, you fool! Don't matter if two women get married, ain't worth losing your head over." he barked, the peasant visibly shaking as he tried to hide behind Ezekiel - who had been muttering to himself the entire time. "Scram! An' tell yer friends that Lady Adeltrudis don't appreciate yer stealing the Prince."

Lars was more focused on Arteria, his eyes fixed on her blade. "Not gonna lie, Lady Adeltrudis... yer nobles keep some strange company. Can't say I'm massively fond o' her. The boss is right, yer can't just go around chopping up who yer don't like... otherwise you end up like 'er." Lars warned, very aware that Arteria could change her mind and cut through him at any moment. "I ain't as strong as the boss, if she wants to go at it, we ain't gonna last long."

Arteria howled with laughter, amused by Lars' proclamation. Opening her arms wide, she shook her head. "I'm cutting people up to make my little princess' wedding easier and have a good time. Adele wants to do the same... she even punched that dear child because she felt like it. We're not so different, are we? You have no investment in the well being of any of these people, you don't need to care about any of them." she lectured, looking at the body of the woman on the floor. "Will you ever miss her? She's a faceless puppet of the system, looking to destroy what you desire... her strings were cut, now she can be tossed aside."

-

Esclabor panted heavily, blood dripping from his nose where the plank had struck. Turning back to Serge, the noble winced. "Damn, they got Alain too." he complained, clenching his fist. "Serge, those three madwomen can sort things out... I need to you cover my back. If those peasants gang up on me, I need you to keep going and find Prince Owen. I don't care how much money I need to throw at you to do it, just do it, OK"?

He furrowed his brow as he looked over at Constance, disgruntled by the assistance she gave the peasants. "Old people are the worst, I think I hate them more than children. At least with kids they don't know better, that fossil's had decades to get some sense in her head." he grumbled. "I almost want to deck her one on the way out, just for good luck."

Edited by Shin

"You parsimonoius arsemonger!" Constance yelled when she noticed the man she had just healed attack Alain. "I didn't heal you to incite more violence! What's wrong with you?" She whispered to herself more quietly as she considered Alain's state. "Belial bless him." It was just a shovel. Damaging, but not lethal. He'll live. Right now she needed to get to the center of this mess to dispel it at its source. Fortunately the way seemed clearer now.

She looked up at the alter again. This must be some kind of joke. "Ezekial!" Has the whole world lost its mind. Is he the most sane one here now?!

Constance to (9,11), use Heal on anyone who is standing adjacent to her on ally phase. If more than one unit prioritize lowest health.

Edited by Jotari

Between Arteria's continued laughter at the situation and Adele's cold responses to the lives of actual people, Cass didn't know what to think. There wasn't a right person to turn to, and with Serge getting involved now, worried cries for Adele to try calling off the madwoman... Her response told Cass that she truly had stopped caring, hadnt she? A cold shiver washed over her. Her confidence was once again gone. It always ended up like this, didn't it? No matter the situation or how much conviction she walked into it with. Something brought her right back down. And now she was at the whims of that something.

Cass moves to 7,4!

"Please," she begged Arteria once more, shaking next to her. "Please, don't kill anyone else. I'm the one you want, aren't I? Just let them go. I'll do whatever you want, so please..." To say Cass was crying wouldn't be quite correct, but she was incredibly close. To have this day turn out this way... It was devastating.

"This isn't about money! Is that all you think I care about, Baron?! Or is it just because I'm not as rich as you, you think I don't have morals?!" Serge was just about done with Esclabor, as well as this entire wedding. Everything about this was wrong, and it was stressful to the point of insanity, much like everything else had been since he was hired by Niko all that time ago. "That old lady over there you're badmouthing is one of the few people with any sense! We should be trying to reason with these people, not just beat the ever living shit out of them!" Serge looked around one last time, and decided that he was fed up with all this bullshit.

"Hans! Lars! Change of plan!" Serge yelled. It was time to take control of the situation as best he could. "You make sure that man stays alive! Sebastian, same to you! That man and woman are in danger and need to get the hell out of here! Once they're out, you go and search for Owen! And you," He said, turning to Esclabor, forcing him to face him and grabbing him by the collar of his shirt. "We are making sure that nobody else gets hurt, and that psycho bitch doesn't kill anyone else. Including my men. Do I make myself fucking clear, Baron?" Intimidation was not something Serge did often, but even he knew Esclabor needed convincing in one way or another. He aggressively released him from his grip, picked up his slightly ruined boot and placed it back on his foot. If he had to, he was going to use his fists to fight.

Serge to (7,8)

Lars to (10, 2), Hans to (9,3)

Sebastian move to (9,12), hopefully receive healing from Constance on ally phase

Esclabor better move his ass on over to (8,8), or else!