How voting works!

BANRYU

So um. I voted yesterday, but now today I'm trying again to vote for a new character and... I'm just getting the 'you already voted today, wait till tomorrow at 10pm' message when I try. 

Is... um... Is there anything I can do about this?? Or am I getting scrooged out of a vote here? 

OKAY SO. HERE'S HOW IT WORKS. Each day has a voting period that starts at 10pm PST that lasts for 24 hours. You can cast your vote at any time during this 24 hour period. You do NOT need to wait 24 hours to vote again, you ONLY need to get your vote in during each 24-hour period.

Example: Let's say you go to bed at 9pm PST, and forget to vote again the next day until late that night. You can, I believe, still vote at any time up until 10pm PST and it should count for that day. 

Edited by BANRYU
being informative

3 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

So um. I voted yesterday, but now today I'm trying again to vote for a new character and... I'm just getting the 'you already voted today, wait till tomorrow at 10pm' message when I try. 

Is... um... Is there anything I can do about this?? Or am I getting scrooged out of a vote here? 

(Also, apologies if this is an inappropriate place to post this topic, I wasn't sure where else to ask this question, sorry)

Might be a 24 hour breaker on votes, not a Day-check on votes?

I haven't been able to vote again, either, and I voted right after the direct. But that is what the message says, so I don't see it as a problem.

It seems a little odd considering the next vote is more than 24 hours after the first, but it may just be that the first vote was open right away but the voting "cycle" doesn't start until the listed time.

Same here. But it doesn't seem to be a 24h Check.

I voted today at 1h CET (17h AST) and my next vote will be tomorrow at 7h CET (1h AST).

So it's either rebooting at 7h (CET) or something else.

...It's 10 PM Pacific Time. The event started yesterday, at around 5-6 PM Eastern Time. That's 2-3 PM PT. It specified tomorrow.

10 PM PT in ET is 1 AM ET. It is currently 6 PM ET, which is equal to 3 PM PT... In other words, we have 7 hours before we can vote again.

Why it is specifically TOMORROW, instead of "You can start voting after 10 PM tonight" is a mystery to me.

I voted yesterday and when I pulled up the the voting page again, it said "You can start voting again at 10 p.m. PT (7:00 a.m. CET)". Since it is only 3 p.m. PT right now, we all have about another 7 hours until we can all vote (assuming you all see the same message).

Edit: I misread Grima's post and accidentally thought he was saying it was 10 pm PT right now. My bad.

Edited by Phoinix

@Gima, thank you for clarifying, I think that was the thing that had me (as well as other people, clearly) confused. 

Also, I may have been procrastinating on mentioning that I misread '10pm' as '10am' ;;;;;; So uhh... ;;; that's... that's my bad.

1 minute ago, BANRYU said:

@Gima, thank you for clarifying, I think that was the thing that had me (as well as other people, clearly) confused. 

Also, I may have been procrastinating on mentioning that I misread '10pm' as '10am' ;;;;;; So uhh... ;;; that's... that's my bad.

Ah, you're welcome! Sorry if I sounded condescending. I was more expressing my frustration with time in general.

10 minutes ago, Gima said:

Ah, you're welcome! Sorry if I sounded condescending. I was more expressing my frustration with time in general.

Nahh don't sweat it, you're fine. Some of us clearly struggle with time also... hahaha... ;;

1 minute ago, BANRYU said:

Nahh don't sweat it, you're fine. Some of us clearly struggle with time also... hahaha... ;;

:^_^:

15 minutes ago, Phoinix said:

Edit: I misread Grima's post and accidentally thought he was saying it was 10 pm PT right now. My bad.

Quick correction: my screen name is Gima. Normally, it's GM, but I named my character in Awakening Gima. 

Spoiler

Ironically the pun on Grima is a total coincidence.

15 minutes ago, Gima said:

:^_^:

Quick correction: my screen name is Gima. Normally, it's GM, but I named my character in Awakening Gima. 

Reveal hidden contents

Ironically the pun on Grima is a total coincidence.

Well, looks like that's my bad again.

Confirming that it was indeed (likely) based on the time zone, and that the next vote went through for me for the second day. All good here, I think.

I didn't get to vote at all yesterday because when it said I could vote again was really late for me, but it counted my vote just now as yesterday's vote.  Weird how they set up the times for voting.

Yeah, the impression I get is that we'll actually get an extra day of voting, technically speaking, based on the way the time zones are set up. It may be the case that we'll have until 10pm PST on February 1st to vote for our final selection, instead of being confined to the very small windows they're giving us to vote before the next month starts lol. 

I'm honestly more annoyed by the fact that I couldn't vote at all on the first (very limited) day just because the high web traffic prevented me from loading the page. So my first vote wound up being on day 2 rather than on day 1.

36 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

So is the interval a 24 hour wait period from when you last voted, or...?

Tested with my wife's computer, you actually do not, you only have to wait for the next day's voting period to open up. I voted for her when I got up around 7 this morning, and she was still able to vote again just now without having to wait 24 hours. 

Hope this helps clear things up for some folks!