Would you name your child after a video game character?

BalancedPro

lol

I cross the line when it comes to certain names. Like, the best I can do is name my child a normal name, but the name is based off a character in a series. For example, if I have a child one day and it is a boy, I'm going to name him Johnathan (after Johnathan Joestar) and, if I have a girl, I'm going to name her Jolyne (after Jolyne Cujo, again from JoJo). Of course, I would never tell them they were named specifically after fictional characters, but the names are normal enough that the origin is irrelevant.

Edited by saisymbolic
grammar

Pfft, video games name their characters after MY kids! :P:

Probably not, though.  I want my children to develop their own tastes and being "that video game kid" isn't gonna help.

I thought of Cecilia, but I'm unsure if it's a good idea to name a kid after a game character

a feminine version of the name Cecil 

we'll see if this becomes a thing with the kids the millennials end up naming

If I gained a son in the future, I'll named it Roy for the 1st son, Ike for the 2nd son, Chrom for the 3rd son, etc. and/or gained a daughter, I'll probably named it Caeda from Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon for the 1st daughter, Daisy from the Mario series for the 2nd daughter, Lucina for the 3rd daughter, etc. (I'm still planning out looking for more incase if I gained more children incase if I get married in the future.)

6 hours ago, saisymbolic said:

lol

I cross the line when it comes to certain names. Like, the best I can do is name my child a normal name, but the name is based off a character in a series. For example, if I have a child one day and it is a boy, I'm going to name him Johnathan (after Johnathan Joestar) and, if I have a girl, I'm going to name her Jolyne (after Jolyne Cujo, again from JoJo). Of course, I would never tell them they were named specifically after fictional characters, but the names are normal enough that the origin is irrelevant.

i actually don't think jolyne is a real name

jolene is though so you could go with that

as long as it's not obvious, I don't see the problem with it. it's the same rule as any other pop culture naming

like, naming your kid 'NARUTO' is gonna be blatant that you named your kid after naruto and the kid's gotta live with that, but naming your kid 'james' because you're a big ol' team rocket fan is not gonna be a problem

my firstborn, personally, is going to be named sesshomaru belf sephiroth if it's a boy

3 hours ago, Jiac said:

My mom was supposedly going to name me after Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson for some reason.

So, maybe?

I guess if it's normal sounding lol.

"for some reason" she was going to name you after the greatest man alive

i wonder what reason that could be

idk i mean i was named after the spider from charlotte's web and i was going to be named after veronica from the archie comics so

oh yeah and my bf is named after a character from jaws lmao