Colossus damage

VincentASM

Does anybody have the Colossus skill and an appropriate save to test what determines its damage?

The game states that it does [3x regular damage + Extra] damage, eg. If you'd normally do 6 damage, Colossus would do 6 + ??? damage

However, it's been claimed that it actually does [3x Strength - Enemy's Defence] damage, eg. If your Strength is 21, you'd do 48 damage to an enemy with 15 Defence.

Basically, I would like to know which it is, if either.

Edited by VincentASM

i thought it was (Damage x 3 - enemy DEF + Strength value goes as Bonus Damage) but i don't have proof to back it up.

however, we can't discard the possibility of an unknown number. it's pretty hard to find out.

You could, but it's not as easy as you'd expect. I don't even know if people have looked at Wii game coding.

I think it'd be much easier to just check by playing (especially since you can in this case) : P

I suggest someone try getting Nolan to a level 1 Reaver and equipping a Bronze axe, then battle saving and continually attacking a general or something until Colossus activates. I'll do it if I get the opportunity and no one else has.

I suggest someone try getting Nolan to a level 1 Reaver and equipping a Bronze axe, then battle saving and continually attacking a general or something until Colossus activates. I'll do it if I get the opportunity and no one else has.

My Nolan is currently on level 17 (Warrior). I guess I could give it a shot.

"Ok, it looks like it's x3 strength (40*3=120)

+Weapon Might (120+22=142)

-Defense (142-50=92)"

Taken from a comment on that video.

That looks like it could be it but...

"Colossus: Triples damage and does additional damage"

If that is the case, then it'd be something like (12 x 3 = 36) + ?? - 50 = 92

The triple damage thing could be true, if the additional damage factor was consistent in all cases.

However, for the video's case, you'd need the additional damage to be +64, which doesn't seem too likely ^^;;;

I'm guessing ChaosNinji meant what I'm saying here.