Poll Results Update - Current Top 20 of each gender

BANRYU

Ike fans should be the farthest thing from worried about these results, unless they're REALLY picky about wanting RD Ike vs PoR Ike.

Just now, BreadLord said:

Pleasantly surprised that 4 Sacred Stones characters made the list, I was expecting none.

Same! I'm gonna try to throw some more votes their way myself, see if I can't boost Ephraim and Lute a little. It'd be nice to have Lyon make that list as well.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the avatars are being effected much by split votes. The large majority of voters probably aren't voting for "Robin," but male/female Robin specifically. Same for Kris and especially for Corrin.

Hm! I like the placements of Hector and Ephraim. Good taste in lords. Dorcas is an odd duck though. He's a definite low tier long term with that 20% speed growth and his story of  fighting for his wife's medicine gets a little ridiculous when you've traveled across Elibe fighting assassins. You'd think he'd have enough earnings by the end. Also surprised to see Nino. I've got nothing against her or Est characters, but Blazing Sword's final chapters need to be devoted exclusively to your three lords and their late promotions.

It was expected, but kinda disappointed seeing so many 3DS characters on there and so few from other titles.

It's good seeing there is quite a bit of variety though. 

Edited by Book Bro

3 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

Hm! I like the placements of Hector and Ephraim. Good taste in lords. Dorcas is an odd duck though. He's a definite low tier long term with that 20% speed growth and his story of  fighting for his wife's medicine gets a little ridiculous when you've traveled across Elibe fighting assassins. You'd think he'd have enough earnings by the end. Also surprised to see Nino. I've got nothing against her or Est characters, but Blazing Sword's final chapters need to be devoted exclusively to your three lords and their late promotions.

Dorcas has a very high deductible on his insurance plan.

Just now, Quintessence said:

Pretty boring results imo. Only thing I care is Miccy.

She's my favorite of the ones that made the list.  I'd vote for her more, but I want Leo to crack the Top 10.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

She's my favorite of the ones that made the list.  I'd vote for her more, but I want Leo to crack the Top 10.

Rezzy, don't tell me it's because he has your kid's name. lol

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

Rezzy, don't tell me it's because he has your kid's name. lol

Only partially.  My Leo came first.  :D  I like his character, and he's a worthy bearer of the name Leo.  I know nothing of Gaiden Leo, so I can't say if he is.  Leonardo is a disappointment, because the Dawn Brigade gets screwed over character development-wise, and he always gets RNG screwed for me.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Only partially.  My Leo came first.  :D  I like his character, and he's a worthy bearer of the name Leo.  I know nothing of Gaiden Leo, so I can't say if he is.  Leonardo is a disappointment, because the Dawn Brigade gets screwed over character development-wise, and he always gets RNG screwed for me.

Yeah I agree on the DB, they suck as characters overall. I think Leo in Fates is an okay dude. I just don't really like how he looks like a blonde Marth. I mean, everyone was calling him Blarth for awhile! Such a bleh design, imo. And I also know nothing of Gaiden Leo.

Wow, Dorcas?

Anyway, the list isn't too surprising, good to know some of my favs are up there (Roy, Micaiah, Hector,). The gap between the Corrin's still amuses me though.

16 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah I agree on the DB, they suck as characters overall. I think Leo in Fates is an okay dude. I just don't really like how he looks like a blonde Marth. I mean, everyone was calling him Blarth for awhile! Such a bleh design, imo. And I also know nothing of Gaiden Leo.

My son's a little blondie, so Leo looking the way he does is a bit fitting, for me, at least.

29 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Ike fans should be the farthest thing from worried about these results, unless they're REALLY picky about wanting RD Ike vs PoR Ike.

The results confirmed that different versions of characters are counted separately and also confirmed that Ike voters are reasonably split over which Ike to vote for which exacerbates the problem. PoR Ike in first only guarantees that he has at least one more vote than Roy. There's a lot to worry about!

Completely disorganized thoughts:

Spoiler
  • Happy that Azura is in the top ten.
  • Unsurprised that Lyn, Lucina, Tharja, and Camilla took the top spots. Also unsurprised that Hector placed highly.
  • Unsurprised that female Corrin is significantly higher than male Corrin.
  • Pleasantly surprised that Ephraim and Eirika are in the top ten.
  • Surprised that Xander and Ryoma aren't in the top twenty.
  • Would prefer if Ike didn't take up two slots of the top five.
  • Marth would probably place in the top three if his SD and Mystery versions were counted together.
  • I wonder how much these results will differ from the final results.

5 minutes ago, Team Rocket Elite said:

The results confirmed that different versions of characters are counted separately and also confirmed that Ike voters are reasonably split over which Ike to vote for which exacerbates the problem. PoR Ike in first only guarantees that he has at least one more vote than Roy. There's a lot to worry about!

That's true, but at the same time, the fact that BOTH versions of Ike managed to get into the top 5 DESPITE being counted differently should indicate the sheer force of his popularity is more what I was getting at lol. He's ahead by a landslide in terms of characters with multiple versions getting votes relative to everyone else, and chances are pretty good that he'll continue to accrue votes and maintain his lead-- especially if people are smart and vote for PoR Ike over RD Ike to ensure that. (But, maybe it's worth the risk of losing to Roy...? shrug to each their own)

I'm afraid about one thing.

Etika.

Something tells me that he's gonna see these results, go crazy for Donnel, Tharja, and Camilla, and hold a livestream or make a video, and then tell his hundreds of thousands of viewers to vote for them. 

If it happens I said it here first. 

11 minutes ago, Team Rocket Elite said:

This is what I've been saying too! For all we know, Roy will actually land that top spot and snub all the Ike fans that voted for both of him. This is why different versions of characters should've been counted as one character.

Ike is most definitely the true no. 1 in this poll overall if his PoR and RD votes are combined, I'm sure of it! Yet, he can still lose no. 1. That's just not cool.

Edited by Anacybele

9 minutes ago, Dandee Leone said:

Etika.

Something tells me that he's gonna see these results, go crazy for Donnel, Tharja, and Camilla, and hold a livestream or make a video, and then tell his hundreds of thousands of viewers to vote for them. 

Etika also seems to be a fan of Lyn as well, so it's possible for Lyn to stay in first place by the time the voting's over. He's also REALLY fond of Chrom, both genders of Robin, and female Corrin.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Very pleasantly suprised that 4 Sacred Stones characters are doing are doing so well. Maybe this will change IS's mind, and show that Sacred Stones is a popular entry.

15 minutes ago, Dandee Leone said:

Etika.

Ugh, don't even mention the guy, this might be very bitter of me, but I kinda wish he never played Fire Emblem. Usually, I don't mind fanservice(hell the characters could walk around naked and it wouldn't bother me), but Etika makes me despise fanservice. It's weird, normally fanservice doesn't bother me as I said, but something about his attitude annoys me.

1 minute ago, Water Mage said:

Very pleasantly suprised that 4 Sacred Stones characters are doing are doing so well. Maybe this will change IS's mind, and show that Sacred Stones is a popular entry.

Ugh, don't even mention the guy, this might be very bitter of me, but I kinda wish he never played Fire Emblem. Usually, I don't mind fanservice(hell the characters could walk around naked and it wouldn't bother me), but Etika makes me despise fanservice. It's weird, normally fanservice doesn't bother me as I said, but something about his attitude annoys me.

I have mixed feelings about Etika. but overall, I do like him, he is in all honesty a very funny and entertaining guy. I'm also glad he played Awakening and shared it with his fanbase, and I'm confident he played a role in Fire Emblem's explosive growth. He is pretty much at the forefront of modern Fire Emblem. That being said, he has never played the older games, and thus can only support the newer characters. And since the votes for the top 20 are supposedly very close to each other, I fear that if Etika can get even a few thousand people to vote for one specific character, he can skew the results greatly.

And in the words of Donald Trump, this voting sessions will be "rigged"

33 minutes ago, Dandee Leone said:

Etika.

Why did I forget about him he will rig it so bad it hurts