Poll Results Update - Current Top 20 of each gender

BANRYU

Just now, Anacybele said:

Yeah, same here! Although just as with any fanservice, the "Ikeservice" should be on the side and not in your face. Not even I want to see Ike get the Camilla treatment...

What do you think he'd be treated like if IS saw him as a male camillla?

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, Shadowess said:

A little surprised to see Lute, Donnel, and Dorcas, but I'm not complaining. Going to be interesting to see what the final poll looks like.

Are you serious? I'm a huge fan of her in that game. I'm glad my votes counted for something.

Everyone who plays Smash knows who Ike is lol. 

I don't know if we'll ever see another sequel to Tellius, but there are signs that they'll be getting rereleases (or at least VC releases) on Switch, so hopefully that happens. I think the rarity of the Tellius games is probably a pretty big factor in people not knowing it or not having played it, so a VC release would do a lot of good for them IMO.

5 minutes ago, Busterman64 said:

I think it just differs with men and woman as a whole. Guys are able to fight without armor on or a shirt...but it's doesn't make sense to do so(especially in a war). It's worse with girls since there isn't much reason to show much skin unless your fighting style requires more leg room, that's just your native attire(like Lyn for example), or maybe where you lived has you wear more or less clothing(Hawkeye and Tharja, they lived in the desert). At the same time, you can show some skin, just don't let that be a focus...

That's another thing...what was with the "barely any clothes" with the dark mages in Fates(and Awakening to a certain extent)?

I agree that for the most part, there's usually no excuse for showing that much skin/thighs etc (the exposed thighs on the majority of female mounted models annoy me to no end bc SERIOUSLY, do you know how much those poor girls are gonna get chafed out there with proper thigh protection?! seriously bro) but I think it depends on the character. In Camilla's case, if she at least had proper pants/greaves/etc that protected her thighs then I could forgive 'dat cleave' somewhat, since IDK she probably uses her sex appeal behind the scenes to manipulate people? (That was the impression I got, anyway... still more missed potential with her lol) One of the reasons I defend Camilla is that women-- girls-- IRL ones-- actually LIKE the notion of women that are both strong and sexy? (Like, why do people think they get cosplayed so much) All of my female friends that play FE like Camilla. She's hot and she's a BAMF and some girls/women, even straight ones, appreciate that and look up to it. 

In Lyn's case, she's not riding anything and she's a myrmidon essentially, so quickness and ease of movement are necessary to her fighting style (also, culture attire)-- thus, her outfit makes sense. 

As for the 3DS Dank Mages, it made sense pretty good in Awakening IMO, where they were like evil priests and lived in the desert and whatnot... I'm not a fan of it design-wise, but lore-wise, it makes sense. In Fates, though.... err... IDK, maybe it's just a continuation of design tradition from Awakening? ~___~ you got me. I wish the Dark mages looked different in Fates personally but w/e. The crowfeather cloak and headdress that the generic ones (and NPCs like Kilma) have are pretty cool design elements, at least. 

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Oh god, I don't even want to go there. ._.

Luckily IS has treated older characters will some respect so far and I hope it continues this way. Maybe even improve things for the future (like giving amiibo units personal skills and stuff)?

2 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Everyone who plays Smash knows who Ike is lol. 

I don't know if we'll ever see another sequel to Tellius, but there are signs that they'll be getting rereleases (or at least VC releases) on Switch, so hopefully that happens. I think the rarity of the Tellius games is probably a pretty big factor in people not knowing it or not having played it, so a VC release would do a lot of good for them IMO.

I agree that for the most part, there's usually no excuse for showing that much skin/thighs etc (the exposed thighs on the majority of female mounted models annoy me to no end bc SERIOUSLY, do you know how much those poor girls are gonna get chafed out there with proper thigh protection?! seriously bro) but I think it depends on the character. In Camilla's case, if she at least had proper pants/greaves/etc that protected her thighs then I could forgive 'dat cleave' somewhat, since IDK she probably uses her sex appeal behind the scenes to manipulate people? (That was the impression I got, anyway... still more missed potential with her lol) One of the reasons I defend Camilla is that women-- girls-- IRL ones-- actually LIKE the notion of women that are both strong and sexy? (Like, why do people think they get cosplayed so much) All of my female friends that play FE like Camilla. She's hot and she's a BAMF and some girls/women, even straight ones, appreciate that and look up to it. 

In Lyn's case, she's not riding anything and she's a myrmidon essentially, so quickness and ease of movement are necessary to her fighting style (also, culture attire)-- thus, her outfit makes sense. 

As for the 3DS Dank Mages, it made sense pretty good in Awakening IMO, where they were like evil priests and lived in the desert and whatnot... I'm not a fan of it design-wise, but lore-wise, it makes sense. In Fates, though.... err... IDK, maybe it's just a continuation of design tradition from Awakening? ~___~ you got me. I wish the Dark mages looked different in Fates personally but w/e. The crowfeather cloak and headdress that the generic ones (and NPCs like Kilma) have are pretty cool design elements, at least. 

Tbh the whole sexual fanservice thing is just a minor nitpick for me. Ike (and other amiibo units) not getting personal skills on the other hand...

4 minutes ago, Dinar87 said:

Luckily IS has treated older characters will some respect so far and I hope it continues this way. Maybe even improve things for the future (like giving amiibo units personal skills and stuff)?

Yeah, but then I'm also afraid there could be more abominations like that Awakening DLC art for Ike. It's not fanservicy at all, but it has a completely different problem. It doesn't feel like it's Ike. Why is he so scrawny and short after he was tall and muscular in RD? Why does he appear to have a robot sword arm? I also don't think he'd ever wear that much armor, even if it wasn't heavy. I know a lot of people here have said that they don't like that Ike art either.

And my problem with Lyn's legs is not so much that she isn't wearing pants, it's that her tunic's slit is SO high that it's hard to imagine that she even wears underwear. And she's FIFTEEN in Japan. I can see why the west raised her age. Not just for the "lack" of underwear, but also for the fact that she can get married. 15 year olds don't get married here.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Dinar87 said:

Tbh the whole sexual fanservice thing is just a minor nitpick for me. Ike (and other amiibo units) not getting personal skills on the other hand...

Honestly yeah same 100%, haha.

On a different but similar vein I was mad that Tiki doesn't get Aether in Awakening when I found out she has it in Double Duel... but that's a topic for another time

23 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

The Lopt priests were evil, lived in a desert and didn't wore outfit like those of Awakening. And pretty sure that it's kinda impractical to wear something like what Tharja does in a desert.

Edited by Sartek

4 minutes ago, Sartek said:

The Lopt priests were evil, lived in a desert and didn't wore outfit like those of Awakening. And pretty sure that it's kinda impractical to wear something like Tharja do in a desert.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Call it a stylistic choice, I guess. Honestly I don't really like it either, and Tharja's outfit is my least favorite part of her design, but at least they went with the same sort of thing for all the other dark mages in that game (except Henry, who doesn't care about religion or politics though. Bless that boy). 

I'd like her just as much if she were as conservatively dressed as Niime, honestly. (the GBA shaman/druid aesthetic is my preferred dark mage look, like dang I miss it... sigh)

Edited by BANRYU

2 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Call it a stylistic choice, I guess. Honestly I don't really like it either, and Tharja's outfit is my least favorite part of her design, but at least they went with the same sort of thing for all the other dark mages in that game (except Henry, who doesn't care about religion or politics though. Bless that boy). 

I'd like her just as much if she were as conservatively dressed as Niime, honestly. (the GBA shaman/druid aesthetic is my preferred dark mage look, like dang I miss it... sight)

I agree with you about the GBA Shamans bro. I remember. R.I.P Canas

40 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Camilla's design is just so god awful to me and I HATED having it shoved in my face in a Birthright cutscene so much that I don't want to bother with her ANYWHERE. AT ALL. I'm sorry, but how can anyone condone battle pantie window + huge breasts with insane cleavage and a cutscene that's nothing but showing off those things as well as her ass? Not everyone is into this shit and it should be left at least as optional side content so people like me don't have to be forced to view it.

Honestly, this is kind of how I feel.  I mean, I much prefer the design of characters like Oboro, Hinoka, Beruka, and Selena to that of Camilla's; dare I say I even find them sexier.  I don't hate Camilla, but I don't like her either and I personally don't find her design attractive or appealing.  And to have that shit shoved in my face...  It's just disgusting.  It's obvious her design was solely made to make boys drool.

Also, I think there are some femme fatales/yanderes that are done better than Camilla.  Look better, too.  I didn't particularly mean for this to devolve into bashing Camilla, but I just can't express how unappealing she is to me.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, but then I'm also afraid there could be more abominations like that Awakening DLC art for Ike. It's not fanservicy at all, but it has a completely different problem. It doesn't feel like it's Ike. Why is he so scrawny and short after he was tall and muscular in RD? Why does he appear to have a robot sword arm? I also don't think he'd ever wear that much armor, even if it wasn't heavy. I know a lot of people here have said that they don't like that Ike art either.

Well, he's never worn that much armor before.  Not even PoR Ike has ever worn that much armor, and neither did Ike as a Vanguard.  It's so unfitting because the closest thing in Awakening to his original class that's also promoted is the Hero class, but that's a fairly heavily armored class in that game.  As for why he's scrawny... I have absolutely no idea; you'll have to ask whichever artist drew him.

17 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And my problem with Lyn's legs is not so much that she isn't wearing pants, it's that her tunic's slit is SO high that it's hard to imagine that she even wears underwear. And she's FIFTEEN in Japan. I can see why the west raised her age. Not just for the "lack" of underwear, but also for the fact that she can get married. 15 year olds don't get married here.

Happy to know I wasn't the only one who gave that look a rising eyebrow, I mean... LOOK AT THIS:

Spoiler

500px-Fepr-ike.jpgTHIS is Ike, the cool mercenary!

FEA_Ike.pngTHIS...is a random guy who has Ike's blue hair, cape, bandanna!

I would say he's a cosplayer, but that would be rude to the cosplayers out there!

Seeing Micaiah in the top 10 warms my heart, especially with how... infamous people's feelings about her were for a while. Seeing some Tellius reps in Neph and Mia breaching top 20 is also awesome, though there are a few more I would have enjoyed seeing(Jill and Elincia were both mentioned, and would have been great, but all things considered, I'm happy with what we have so far, assuming that they remain).

Not looking at the men's poll so much, since I'm using my votes on the ladies, but hopefully Ike's strong performance increases our chances of something like a Tellius HD remaster. Lack of representation from pre-7 isn't really that surprising, since most of the Western vote will be concentrated on things released outside of Japan, and the JP vote will be split over the whole franchise.

Edit: As far as Camilla is concerned, I understand her popularity. As much as SF doesn't like it on the whole, Fanservice is a thing for a reason. Camilla's design has a lot of appeal points to it, and it tends to be a love/hate sort of thing. A large chunk of people falling on the love side, along with her being one of, if not the best units in the game, makes her popularity pretty understandable. Her writing isn't the best, but most of Fates suffers from this problem, and placing design and gameplay > writing is not so farfetched. I think a lot of people on SF over-estimate how much most people care about perfect, or approaching perfect, writing. I'll take a character that's nice to look at and plays well, even if their characterization isn't the absolute best.

Edited by Ether

7 minutes ago, Ether said:

Seeing Micaiah in the top 10 warms my heart, especially with how... infamous people's feelings about her were for a while. Seeing some Tellius reps in Neph and Mia breaching top 20 is also awesome, though there are a few more I would have enjoyed seeing(Jill and Elincia were both mentioned, and would have been great, but all things considered, I'm happy with what we have so far, assuming that they remain).

Not looking at the men's poll so much, since I'm using my votes on the ladies, but hopefully Ike's strong performance increases our chances of something like a Tellius HD remaster. Lack of representation from pre-7 isn't really that surprising, since most of the Western vote will be concentrated on things released outside of Japan, and the JP vote will be split over the whole franchise.

Edit: As far as Camilla is concerned, I understand her popularity. As much as SF doesn't like it on the whole, Fanservice is a thing for a reason. Camilla's design has a lot of appeal points to it, and it tends to be a love/hate sort of thing. A large chunk of people falling on the love side, along with her being one of, if not the best units in the game, makes her popularity pretty understandable. Her writing isn't the best, but most of Fates suffers from this problem, and placing design and gameplay > writing is not so farfetched. I think a lot of people on SF over-estimate how much most people care about perfect, or approaching perfect, writing. I'll take a character that's nice to look at and plays well, even if their characterization isn't the absolute best.

Heartwarming <3

I hope Elincia and Jill can appear later in the Top 20 and Micaiah scales even more in the Top 10 :3

10 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Well, he's never worn that much armor before.  Not even PoR Ike has ever worn that much armor, and neither did Ike as a Vanguard.  It's so unfitting because the closest thing in Awakening to his original class that's also promoted is the Hero class, but that's a fairly heavily armored class in that game.  As for why he's scrawny... I have absolutely no idea; you'll have to ask whichever artist drew him.

I heard it was the FE6 artist, and that's no surprise to me, because I find the FE6 character art to be majorly bad too. A lot of females in particular have derpy faces, imo, and some males do too. There are also several weird poses going on there.

3 hours ago, DemolisherBPB said:

I think the saddest thing for me is the fact there's zero antagonists, like not even recruitable ones like Katarina or hell Camus.

Tharja is an enemy who can be killed or recruited.

Guys, we need to keep Micaiah in the top ranks, so please...vote for her(at least once...or twice)!

latest?cb=20160627011323 Do it for her(and us all)! :Joshua:

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I heard it was the FE6 artist, and that's no surprise to me, because I find the FE6 character art to be majorly bad too. A lot of females in particular have derpy faces, imo, and some males do too. There are also several weird poses going on there.

That...is quite the contrast...

To go from FE6 to go to Awakening AND have to remake a design from Tellius? Man, that person must've had it rough!:sweatdrop:

11 minutes ago, Sarracenia said:

Tharja is an enemy who can be killed or recruited.

I think they meant characters who play a bigger role as antagonists in the story. Tharja is on the opposing side, but she's just kinda... there. Same goes for a lot of enemy-recruitable units; Gaius, FE7 Guy, FE10 Aran, etc.

EDIT: Oh, almost forgot the biggest name of them all :3

latest?cb=20151014150232

Edited by BANRYU