Who's going to keep voting Ike to help him stay top man?

Anacybele

So its totally okay to go gaga for fan favourites on a public forum, but totally not okay to express your hate/dislike for said fan favourites? Wow, way to go, FE fandom. You havent' changed at all. :/

I personally want to throw my votes on the more undeappreciated units, in any case.

Edited by tailfin

The only character I really wanted to see in Heroes who's in the top 10 poll is Roy. Eliwood is nowhere to be seen, Rath and Tormod never had a chance, and Takumi is a character I like but I'm just burned out on Fates so I'm not super excited about him. I'm also sure there are a lot of people who don't have even a single favorite in the top 10 or even top 20, so I'm not exactly sympathetic if Ike drops from first place. Since he will still be in the top 10.

EDIT: Lumi says that the popularity polls are actually for swag and not so much for who's in the game or not. ... Doesn't that make who is first or second or third essentially more meaningless then???

Edited by Sunwoo

12 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

EDIT: Lumi says that the popularity polls are actually for swag and not so much for who's in the game or not. ... Doesn't that make who is first or second or third essentially more meaningless then???

The polls are NOT to determine who actually gets into the game, that's correct. I think it's probably a safe bet to say that most characters/subseries of FE will be in at some point in the future, if they're not now. So don't give up, we might see them eventually!

5 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

The polls are NOT to determine who actually gets into the game, that's correct. I think it's probably a safe bet to say that most characters/subseries of FE will be in at some point in the future, if they're not now. So don't give up, we might see them eventually!

Wow, this entire time I thought that the polls were to determine who gets into the games. That said, now the polls just feel more meaningless to me ;/

I do wish the polls didn't split between different versions of the same character, though. Just doesn't seem fair to characters that have only one version, and could possibly be a reason why certain characters are placing lower. And I still don't think I'll feel bad for Ike not being in first as long as he doesn't fall out of the top 10 entirely.

Yeah it's just to determine who gets a special promotional art done of them or something (#1 each gender) and who gets phone wallpapers made of them (top ten each gender). I can understand you thinking that, as the Nintendo Direct was kinda misleading about it, but they DO have it spelled out in the extended rules and whatnot on the site.

Edited by BANRYU

19 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Yeah, the way I understood it is that the polls were used to determine which pair got their rates up first in the gacha... I'm pretty sure I saw that...I think

If that's the case, the only advantage I can feasibly see for coming in first is for rerollers and those who P2P.

Weren't they doing it by month too, or something like that?

Edited by Soledai

Yeah, they're releasing the wallpapers on a month-to-month basis IIRC.

EDIT: Honestly I feel like this is the higher stakes thing here, at least to me lol. Presumably they'll be made with the art made FOR this game, which if you think about it is actually kinda big? It's incentive enough to want to get people's faves in the top ten at least, haha.

Edited by BANRYU

Just now, BANRYU said:

Yeah it's just to determine who gets a special promotional art done of them or something (#1 each gender) and who gets phone wallpapers made of them (top ten each gender). I can understand you thinking that, as the Nintendo Direct was kinda misleading about it, but they DO have it spelled out in the extended rules and whatnot on the site.

I haven't checked the site or even voted. People in the Skype chat I'm in keep on talking about it and it wasn't made super clear until literally half an hour ago what the voting was actually for.

HEY, next time, just report the thing and move on.  That goes for everyone.

We're not doing "vote for X" things, because we already have a voting topic.  I had no intentions of voting for Ike, since his hair is the wrong color.