Rarity of Heroes

Eulogy87

Does anyone know any information regarding if every Hero you get can go to max (assuming 5*) rarity? Nothing i hate more in these kind of games when i put everything i have into a unit, just to find out they wont stay with me long, since 5* units are the better ones.

it was said in the direct any unit can reach level 5 star rarity if you really want them to. otherwise you may get a duplicate with more or less stars.

1 minute ago, Thany said:

it was said in the direct any unit can reach level 5 star rarity if you really want them to. otherwise you may get a duplicate with more or less stars.

Alright, thank you :)

1 minute ago, Eail said:

Every hero can go up to 5* but the ones that start at that level come with better skills and don't require so much grinding and such to make them viable units.

are you saying they dont get those skills on rank up? or just that they come with it already? (assuming the latter, but ive been wrong before)

1 minute ago, Thany said:

I also heard that if you get duplicates, you can fuse them together to increase the star ranking.

I'm not sure if that info is verified though. It was just something I heard.

Just now, Sentinel07 said:

I also heard that if you get duplicates, you can fuse them together to increase the star ranking.

i havent heard any info on what duplicates of a character can do with each other. perhaps you can sell units to get feathers and whatnot to help with the star raising.

I do recall hearing that there's a limit of how many units you can own at once, so there's got to be a way to use or at least get rid of duplicate units (like fuse a lower-grade copy of a unit into a higher-grade one to give the higher-grade one experience points).

6 minutes ago, 1japanfan said:

The rarity system is sort of a cool thing if your an Est fan. Virtually everyone is an Est if they start with low rarity.

Est better always start at rarity 1 in that case XD they probably wont but that would be cool if it could.

I see that characters can go from 1 to 5 stars.

But I also see that in screenshots, characters have bronze, silver and gold backgrounds to their little portraits. Do these background colors simply indicate the star rating, or a characters split into tiers (bronze, silver, and gold) and star ratings exist and are upgradeable within these tiers?

5 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

I do recall hearing that there's a limit of how many units you can own at once, so there's got to be a way to use or at least get rid of duplicate units (like fuse a lower-grade copy of a unit into a higher-grade one to give the higher-grade one experience points).

Usually this type of game lets you either spend characters to upgrade other characters, or trade in characters for resources.

12 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

It doesn't increase your star rating, it gives you an extra "level" thats separate from your level, but still tracked. For instance, my Serra is currently Lvl 17+1 from fusing, but if i were to increase her star rating, that "+1" would disappear.

8 hours ago, XaosLogos said:

Do these background colors simply indicate the star rating

This. 1⋆ is metallic bluish (iron?), 2⋆ is metallic gray (steel?), 3⋆ is bronze, 4⋆ is silver, and 5⋆ is golden.

YUAN_OhT_Wk.jpg

Edited by Vaximillian

I have a question : if I raise the rarity of one of my characters, will he lose the ABC skills I bought him like fusion bonuses?

It shouldn't be, that would be ridiculous ._.

Edit: I'm more worried about what the differences are between promoting at lvl.20 or higher, since stats reset. You just miss out an amount of SP I guess if you promote pre-cap?

Edited by Birdy

4 minutes ago, Birdy said:

It shouldn't be, that would be ridiculous ._.

I hope so... I bought 4* Beruka and Jeorge some skills, I hope they will not lose them when I'll upgrade them to 5*...

Speaking of Jeorge, will he get the Parthia immediately after "promotion" or I'll have to buy it?

Wait, they will lose their stats ?! 

Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt

Just now, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

I hope so... I bought 4* Beruka and Jeorge some skills, I hope they will not lose them when I'll upgrade them to 5*...

Speaking of Jeorge, will he get the Parthia immediately after "promotion" or I'll have to buy it?

I'm not sure, so don't take my word for it, but my common sense would say that your SP that you have and the skills that you've bought will transfer over and the stats will reset (but slightly higher since higher star rating). So no getting skills/weapons after that. 

4 minutes ago, Birdy said:

I'm not sure, so don't take my word for it, but my common sense would say that your SP that you have and the skills that you've bought will transfer over and the stats will reset (but slightly higher since higher star rating). So no getting skills/weapons after that. 

This makes sense. Let's hope the Parthia isn't 200000 SP.