"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

2 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Do you think it would be redundant to run Camus when you already have Peri? 

You're going to have to double up on at least one color if you're not running a dancer or staff user.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Once I can pull reds again to get another Hana, I'm building

+10 Peri [+Atk, -Res] (Brave Lance+, Reposition, Escutcheon, Life and Death 3, Lancebreaker 3, Hone Cavalry)

and if I somehow have SP left over (ahaha as if), an alternate skill build of

+10 Peri [+Atk, -Res] (Brave Lance+, Ardent Sacrifice, Luna, Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, Hone Cavalry)

The first build is suited for single battles in the arena. Lancebreaker specifically targets Effie and Ephraim, who commonly run Wary Fighter and Lancebreaker, respectively. Escutcheon allows Peri to easily survive a single counterattack, even from Ephraim's Moonbow.

The second build is designed for sustain with Ardent Sacrifice working off of Xander's and Camus's common Fury build.

I really hope we get a 4* LaD3 fodder unit. Peri's yet another unit I really like that would do great with it, but I can't keep spending 20k feathers to pass it out. (Cordelia and B Cordelia got it since she's my favorite character so I did it anyway, but I still have Peri, Lucina, Olwen, and some others, t but I'll have to give rank 2 budget builds for now)

Come on IS, I need a cheaper way to deck out my other girls.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

You're going to have to double up on at least one color if you're not running a dancer or staff user.

Certainly, but I would want to at least diversify damage type if not damage color and run Olwen over Camus for example. 

...though I guess Olwen would actually want to replace Peri as a Brave nuke if anything while Camus stays on the team so that you have a unit who can bait and counterattack on enemy phase, which neither Peri nor Olwen do well, being the squishy Brave glass cannons they are...

I guess my question is: assuming unlimited resources and assuming no favoritism towards any character in particular...in what scenarios would you want Peri on your team instead of other blue cavalry units like Olwen or Camus?

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

Certainly, but I would want to at least diversify damage type if not damage color and run Olwen over Camus for example. 

...though I guess Olwen would actually want to replace Peri as a Brave nuke if anything while Camus stays on the team so that you have a unit who can bait and counterattack on enemy phase, which neither Peri nor Olwen do well, being the squishy Brave glass cannons they are...

I guess my question is: assuming unlimited resources and assuming no favoritism towards any character in particular...in what scenarios would you want Peri on your team instead of other blue cavalry units like Olwen or Camus?

Cain, Peri, Reinhardt, Olwen hyper offense. There's no need for a green unit because no blue unit has a favorable match-up against all three of Peri, Reinhardt, and Olwen. Cain is there to kill the few greens that the blues can't demolish outright, though you can also opt for Ruby Sword+, Life and Death 3 Stahl instead (yes, Stahl).

Also when Peri is a bonus unit.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Cain, Peri, Reinhardt, Olwen hyper offense. There's no need for a green unit because no blue unit has a favorable match-up against all three of Peri, Reinhardt, and Olwen. Cain is there to kill the few greens that the blues can't demolish outright, though you can also opt for Ruby Sword+, Life and Death 3 Stahl instead (yes, Stahl).

Also when Peri is a bonus unit.

Is there a reason to run Reinhardt instead of two Olwens?

RIP the people who run into that team though

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

Is there a reason to run Reinhardt instead of two Olwens?

RIP the people who run into that team though

Insurance in case you haven't yet readied Olwen's Desperation.

59 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Camus is better, and he's free

You have to be worthy of beating him.

57 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Her stat total is better than Reinhardt's by virtue of being melee (which doesn't matter for matchmaking or scoring), and she has the best offensive stats of any melee cavalry (Peri's 33/33 compared to Abel's 33/32, Camus's 32/33, and Cain's 32/32).

I am very tempted to 5* when I get the feathers next week. Until then who knows when I will pull the thunder siblings.

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

That's fair. 

So is this a team you actually have or are planning to build?

I have three of the members already, though Peri is missing all of her skills, Reinhardt is missing some skills and 6 merge levels, and Olwen is missing 5 merge levels. Cain is sitting there chilling untouched because who needs Red Bull when you have Mountain Dew he's less interesting (compared to memelord Thor's Right Hand and two pairs of boobs, Sailor Saturn his imouto honestly I don't know what Olwen is, and gradient hair).

1 minute ago, Soul~! said:

Do Threatens and Seal-[Stat] stack?

Nope! Which is precisely why everyone thought Ephraim's default set was dumb. 

While we're at it, all out-of-combat buffs (any Hone/Fortify/Rally/Defiant skill) do not stack.

On the other hand, all in-combat buffs (Spur/Goad/Ward skills, as well as skills like Death Blow and Eliwood's Durandal) do stack.

1 hour ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

On the other hand, all in-combat buffs (Spur/Goad/Ward skills, as well as skills like Death Blow and Eliwood's Durandal) do stack.

Ward calvary/armor/flyer alongside spur defence 1 is great. That's 6 def/res plus whatever buffs you can get. Cecilia with Ward Xander tanks all range units except red mages. 

What's the optimal nature on Hinata? I do kinda like the guy and I'd like to keep a copy of him amidst all that Fury inheritance. I do have rather high demand for Fury, so if I want to keep him, I want the best nature. 

2 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

What's the optimal nature on Hinata? I do kinda like the guy and I'd like to keep a copy of him amidst all that Fury inheritance. I do have rather high demand for Fury, so if I want to keep him, I want the best nature. 

That depends on what set you want to run on him, but looking at his stats I would say +Atk, -Res would be the best boon/bane. 

Also, you didn't ask, but just in case you wanted skill inheritance advice: I personally think Hinata is best run as a red Oboro, utilizing his tanky stats to bait and kill on enemy phase. For this set, I would ditch Ruby Sword and give him Killing Edge+, Quick Riposte, and Bonfire, which would allow him to take advantage of his natural bulk and get off a burst of damage with Bonfire every round of combat. Assist and C-slot are flexible and dependent on player preference, as is the case with most characters, but I personally like a positioning skill (like Reposition) and a Hone/Fortify aura for your team.

Obviously, if you have a different set in mind already that you'd rather build, just ignore this. 

18 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

Probably +Atk/Def -Hp/Res. He's basically just a brick wall of a unit that instantly explodes if a mage so much as sneezes on him.

Note, however, that people with his kind of spread are hard to use---Brash gives amazing matchups when you're below half, particularly with a Brave Weapon, but it's kind of hard to get under half. If you're fighting people who can't 3HKO you can probably just slowly grind them out anyway.

Edit: He can also run a Ignis, Sword-breaker set if you really like exploding people like Xander by running physical damage units into them, for some reason. Xander can't do enough to OHKO on the counter, and Hinata quads him with a 28 damage Ignis at the very end. Not sure why you'd use Hinata like that, though. (32 base Atk is passable as a brave weapon user, and his bulk means he can trade with axes without problems, while brave weapons being brave weapons means that mages fold from being hit twice despite his low speed. It's probably a 'decent' set in general. Calculator gives him (+Atk) 85 wins vs. default enemies.)

QR counter-kill sets are better done by Xander, due to similar spread but 1-2 range Prf. His Gem Weapon set also kind of sucks because Selena exists: She has better mixed bulk, amazing speed, and her downsides, low atk and low hp, don't matter when you're fighting greens.

Edited by DehNutCase

Alright, thanks guys. Yeah, I'm pretty aware that Hinata's fairly outclassed, but it's more or less for favoritism purposes and it's not like he'll be my main sword by a long shot anyway. I'll definitely consider your inheritance advice when I get one with the good nature. 

12 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

QR counter-kill sets are better done by Xander, due to similar spread but 1-2 range Prf. His Gem Weapon set also kind of sucks because Selena exists: She has better mixed bulk, amazing speed, and her downsides, low atk and low hp, don't matter when you're fighting greens.

If you're planning to run Hinata, it probably isn't because you think he does certain sets better than other units. 

4 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

If you're planning to run Hinata, it probably isn't because you think he does certain sets better than other units. 

Hinata is far more economical for sets that use fury, sets that use brash, sets that use Ruby, and giving Xander a Brave-Sword to run the Ignis breaker set should give people aneurysms.

Doing a set cheaply matters.

Edit: For example, I'm never actually going to give Selena Ruby+ even though she's quite good with that set---I run 4* Selena with Ruby in tempest---it's just too fucking expensive.

Edited by DehNutCase

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Though I now want to hear what the most underrated character might be.

6 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

...Underrated.

It's precisely because Chrom does everything better that he's underrated, his spread is literally almost identical to Chrom's in the Brave-Sword+ set. That is, pretty terrifying. (Because it negates most of Chrom's advantages, no Falchion, Aether shouldn't be used, etc.)

He's probably better at it, since being 3* base means you can +Atk him a lot easier than you can +Atk Chrom.

Edit: Better in the sense that, with a limited budget, it's easier to find a +Atk Laslow than +Atk Chrom---+Atk Laslow beats =Chrom. With infinite resources Chrom obviously pulls ahead due to the better spread.

Edited by DehNutCase

1 minute ago, DehNutCase said:

It's precisely because Chrom does everything better that he's underrated, his spread is literally almost identical to Chrom's in the Brave-Sword+ set. That is, pretty terrifying. (Because it negates most of Chrom's advantages, no Falchion, Aether shouldn't be used, etc.)

He's probably better at it, since being 3* base means you can +Atk him a lot easier than you can +Atk Chrom.

Ah. I think I've had more Chroms, though... possibly.