"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

9 hours ago, eclipse said:

I don't think it's necessary, since it gets bumped so darn often.  Another mod might disagree, if they wander in here.  I think the pinned section is getting really cluttered.

Not a mod, but I agree with this. There's already like eight pins on this sub-forum. I believe the other sub-forums have much less. If everything that's suggested gets pinned (arena, rerolling, ask general questions' gets pinned it will get even more cluttered than it already is. To be fair, I think several pinned posts could already be merged (Lunatic Quests + My Nintendo rewards into the Preemptive FAQ for example), but that's not my decision.

12 hours ago, Chopstixzz said:

I'm not sure if this is the right place for it, but can someone help me with a Arena team with my current units? 

http://m.imgur.com/ZSv3kD0

I'm f2p for now and almost runing out of orbs (only lunatic and the end of Hard mode left).

was almost thinking of re-rolling. but I'd rather not unless I really need better units.

This is just personal, but I'd switch Abel in for Effie and Tiki in for Gordon. Abel is an amazing unit with Brave Lance and Swordbreaker, allowing you to x4 attack swords no matter your speed or the enemies. Even if you're not attacking a sword enemy, he's pretty beefy and has 3 movement and good ORKO potential with the Brave Lance. I generally dislike tanks because they're movement is just too low and their stats don't make up for it. It's even worse in defense where people mostly wait for your team to come to theirs, which means knights almost always arrive late to the party and being easy to pick off. Gordin is a good unit, but you really need some Magic Damage, so I'd say put Tiki in for him. If you really want an archer, switch Tiki in for Effie I'd say and leave Abel on the bench. 

7 hours ago, pianime94 said:

After testing, they actually still get SP by killing enemies. At least when they kill the level 40 enemies. Not sure if lower level still works.

Woah, really? Do you see your unit getting it (as in, the level-up screen) or does it just go up without giving you a notice? Thanks for the info btw!

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, jlim400 said:

I have several rerolls binded to different nintendo accounts. I want your thoughts on which one is the most powerful one.

A roll with:

- 5 star Camilla

- 5 star Nowi

-5 star Cordelia and Roy

Cordelia and Roy for sure! Cordelia is a beast...And she can do a nasty hit and run that hurt a lot =.= believe me she is a pain to deal with in arena...

On the whole upgrade thing, if you get a unit at 4 Stars, I'd say it's very much worth waiting, otherwise you may not get enough SP to get all their skills in the long run.

My own question: What's more useful for Takumi? Having Vengeance or Threaten Speed? I got my Takumi at 5 Stars and he's already Level 34. I don't think I'll be getting any more Takumis and I certainly don't have enough SP to get both. Bear in mind Threaten Speed only affects foes in a 2 square radius.

So when I leveled up one of my five stars to 40, there was a longer special dialogue I hadn't seen before. I leveled up a second five star and got another dialogue. Is this a property of only five stars? Also, how do you view it again? I have another five star that's level 39 so I might have to screen shot the thing. Is there a place where I can read all the max level things?

Edited by cogawak

23 minutes ago, cogawak said:

So when I leveled up one of my five stars to 40, there was a longer special dialogue I hadn't seen before. I leveled up a second five star and got another dialogue. Is this a property of only five stars? Also, how do you view it again? I have another five star that's level 39 so I might have to screen shot the thing. Is there a place where I can read all the max level things?

Yep, it's a property of only 5* units I believe (My lvl.40 4* Tharja didn't get proc it). I'm not sure you can view those small convo's again (which is why I screenshot them aswell =3).

Edited by Birdy

Going to ask here, but is not related to gameplay

I know the artworks were already ripped from the game but, the chibi sprites were ripped too? I would like to have them.

1 hour ago, Birdy said:

Woah, really? Do you see your unit getting it (as in, the level-up screen) or does it just go up without giving you a notice? Thanks for the info btw

Yeah, you know you get SP after kill when the word SP+x appears on top of the sprite, just like usual. You can only get 3 per kill tho, so it's kinda a long way to go.

Q: We can't see our score for the previous tier, right?

Edited by pianime94

22 minutes ago, SniperGYS said:

Going to ask here, but is not related to gameplay

I know the artworks were already ripped from the game but, the chibi sprites were ripped too? I would like to have them.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/aydhtc6act6vile/Fire+Emblem+Heroes+Character+Art.rar

This ZIP-file should have all the character art and sprites =). Haven't actually downloaded it myself though, so let me know if it's legit!

Yeah, you know you get SP after kill when the word SP+x appears on top of the sprite, just like usual. You can only get 3 per kill tho, so it's kinda a long way to go.

Q: We can't see our score for the previous tier, right?

Thanks again! =D

A: I haven't found it myself either. I also wonder what the line is between getting promoted or not. I got placed #65 and got Tier 2 myself.

Edited by Birdy

Alright, looking to start making some plans for upgrading and thought I'd ask around for opinions.

I've got a little over 4k Feathers now and 10k more coming when the event ends. I'm trying to decide if it's a better to upgrade some of my 3*s into 4*s or wait and continue saving to make a 4* into a 5*.

The 2 3* characters that I'm thinking of upgrading are M!Robin and Serra. Both fulfill a niche I don't have in higher rarities (Blue Ranged/Magic unit and Healer/Transparent Magic unit) and would gain some nice usability boosts upon promotion.

On the other hand, I have several 4* units that would be worthy of promotion when the time comes, especially considering that I only have 1 5* unit at all (my luck in rolling this game has been absolutely atrocious). Some noteworthy 4* that I've been making decent use of include Marth, Tharja, Raigh, Fae, Jeorge, Kagero, and Abel. I don't have any Great Badges yet, though I assume that won't be an issue by the time I have enough feathers. Though, I'm not sure who in this category would be the best use of the upgrade. Maybe Marth for Falchion access.

I don't really have one set team, instead making use of the characters listed above along with my 5* Camilla, depending on level and need (they range from Lv. 21-29).

tl;dr - Should I upgrade my 3* M!Robin and 3* Serra or save my feathers to upgrade a 4* unit into a 5* in a month or so?

1 hour ago, Eilanzer said:

Cordelia and Roy for sure! Cordelia is a beast...And she can do a nasty hit and run that hurt a lot =.= believe me she is a pain to deal with in arena...

Just got a 5* Camilla on the account. Still Cordelia and roy?

3 minutes ago, Kirie said:

Alright, looking to start making some plans for upgrading and thought I'd ask around for opinions.

I've got a little over 4k Feathers now and 10k more coming when the event ends. I'm trying to decide if it's a better to upgrade some of my 3*s into 4*s or wait and continue saving to make a 4* into a 5*.

The 2 3* characters that I'm thinking of upgrading are M!Robin and Serra. Both fulfill a niche I don't have in higher rarities (Blue Ranged/Magic unit and Healer/Transparent Magic unit) and would gain some nice usability boosts upon promotion.

On the other hand, I have several 4* units that would be worthy of promotion when the time comes, especially considering that I only have 1 5* unit at all (my luck in rolling this game has been absolutely atrocious). Some noteworthy 4* that I've been making decent use of include Marth, Tharja, Raigh, Fae, Jeorge, Kagero, and Abel. I don't have any Great Badges yet, though I assume that won't be an issue by the time I have enough feathers. Though, I'm not sure who in this category would be the best use of the upgrade. Maybe Marth for Falchion access.

I don't really have one set team, instead making use of the characters listed above along with my 5* Camilla, depending on level and need (they range from Lv. 21-29).

tl;dr - Should I upgrade my 3* M!Robin and 3* Serra or save my feathers to upgrade a 4* unit into a 5* in a month or so?

It's a hard choice that only you can make. Do you still have a lot of story chapters (normal/hard/lunatic) left? Do you have some orbs and want to roll more soon? If so, there's a somewhat decent chance that you can still get a higher * Serra and especially Robin, being a focus character for this month. Would probably be a bit of a shame to spend feathers upgrading your 3* units only to get them as 4/5*'s in summons later. 

If you're trying to go a bit competitive at Arena, I'd say upgrade your 4*'s. If you intend on spending orbs anytime soon, I'd advice you to wait a bit with upgrading your 3*'s atleast. 

5 minutes ago, Birdy said:

It's a hard choice that only you can make. Do you still have a lot of story chapters (normal/hard/lunatic) left? Do you have some orbs and want to roll more soon? If so, there's a somewhat decent chance that you can still get a higher * Serra and especially Robin, being a focus character for this month. Would probably be a bit of a shame to spend feathers upgrading your 3* units only to get them as 4/5*'s in summons later. 

If you're trying to go a bit competitive at Arena, I'd say upgrade your 4*'s. If you intend on spending orbs anytime soon, I'd advice you to wait a bit with upgrading your 3*'s atleast. 

For Story Mode, I've completed all of NM, 1-7 (and half of 8) on HM, and just a couple chapters on LM. And I don't really care about competitive arena-ing at all.

I've been using a lot of orbs for summoning, but I just keep having poor luck; 9 of my last 10 summons have been 3*, and the other was a 4* I don't have much use for.

You're right though that it would suck to spend such a precious resource on something that I might still roll, though. I guess I'll wait and do one more 20 orb summon during this focus group and see how it goes before making my decision. I'm at 6 orbs now, so it'll probably just be a day or two.

okay so

I have a Peri4. She is lv 15. Today I rolled another Peri4. I try to merge them. Game tells me no.

Also it would not let me merge Beruka3 (lv 20) into Beruka4, or the other way around.

What are the restrictions and conditions for merging?

Edited by Thor Odinson

1 hour ago, jlim400 said:

Just got a 5* Camilla and 5*Fae on the account. Still Cordelia and roy?

nAH...Go Camilla and Fae then XD

Both are amazing...Camilla with aoe dmg and Fae is a beast with sustain /o/

Ops....Nope...now that i remember...both are green units...they are amazing but i don´t recommend that...Even more if you go pvp, because everyone is red there...

Cordelia and Roy still good and more balanced...But you pick what is best ^^

Edited by Eilanzer

2 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

okay so

I have a Peri4. She is lv 15. Today I rolled another Peri4. I try to merge them. Game tells me no.

Also it would not let me merge Beruka3 (lv 20) into Beruka4, or the other way around.

What are the restrictions and conditions for merging?

You probably have either of them favourited if there is a heart symbol on their mini-portrait. Tap a plus near their portrait in the upper left then tap the heart symbol to unfavourite them. This is a sort of protection against accidental deletion and stuff. You can change the threshold for automatic favouriting in the settings.

There is no limit to how much SP you can get. You may cease leveling and getting the SP from that, but you can still get it from fighting enemies of equal level in training tower 

That said, Threaten Speed MAY allow your team to double attack or avoid being doubled while Vengeance will always get you a 20% damage increase over the first special.

Personally I'd take Vengeance but you should still be able to get both.

Edited by Dr. Tarrasque

How does merge same rarity stat boost work? I just beat a level 40+ Takumi and it almost felt like the merged extra five star gave him like one level up worth of star gains...kind of trivial for the cost of a five star. I would test this by merging three star into three star to see but maybe five into five yields better stat boosts because you lose a valuable character.

What's the ??? and paralogue?

For arena, are your opponents matched up to you based off of your team's rating total? Or is it off of strongest member? I'm assuming defense uses the team you used last to win a round in arena and there is no way to put up a defense oriented team without having to use it to actually win matches.

Has anyone found it possible to build a single team of four to cover every situation? I've gotten to the point where I only get walled out by lunatic 45+ defense Oboro and Hector. Doesn't really seem worth to build any more teams. I feel like the game was deliberately designed so you couldn't make a team to cover everything but I'm curious if anyone found a combination that has no holes.

20 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

You probably have either of them favourited if there is a heart symbol on their mini-portrait. Tap a plus near their portrait in the upper left then tap the heart symbol to unfavourite them. This is a sort of protection against accidental deletion and stuff. You can change the threshold for automatic favouriting in the settings.

cool, thank you

19 minutes ago, cogawak said:

How does merge same rarity stat boost work? I just beat a level 40+ Takumi and it almost felt like the merged extra five star gave him like one level up worth of star gains...kind of trivial for the cost of a five star. I would test this by merging three star into three star to see but maybe five into five yields better stat boosts because you lose a valuable character.

What's the ??? and paralogue?

For arena, are your opponents matched up to you based off of your team's rating total? Or is it off of strongest member? I'm assuming defense uses the team you used last to win a round in arena and there is no way to put up a defense oriented team without having to use it to actually win matches.

Has anyone found it possible to build a single team of four to cover every situation? I've gotten to the point where I only get walled out by lunatic 45+ defense Oboro and Hector. Doesn't really seem worth to build any more teams. I feel like the game was deliberately designed so you couldn't make a team to cover everything but I'm curious if anyone found a combination that has no holes.

1) Merging same * rating characters gives SP and +1 to two attributes. You can merge 10 times, giving you a total of 20 stat points, +4 for each. (Only tested on 4* as far as I know)

2) ??? Is probably for real time battles against friends from what I've heard.

3) I assume it's based upon team rating, but I'm not sure. Defense uses the 'left most' team, which is the team you first created. (I'm not sure how to see which one is the 'left most' team though, there's no symbol for it I believe. It just states 'left most' in the help option.)

4) I doubt you can prepare for EVERY situation. There's just too much. I personally run a team that tries to counter the most used units. Robin against Takumi, Lucina against Dragons, Takumi vs fliers and because he's too good and Roy against Hectors. These are also 4 bonus units, meaning I get more points from that. I managed to get rank 65 with that team last week.

Edited by Birdy

1 minute ago, Hellwithit said:

First time playing don't know the characters but I got Lucina 5 star and Robin (Male) 5 Star are they any good or should I re enroll?

5*s'are rare, getting two of them is really good! I'm generally not a fan of re-rolling, but even the people that are would likely agree with me to keep this =).

Quick question here - new to the FE world and just started Heroes. I have played through enough of the campaign to do a few rolls, but still wouldn't consider myself knowledgeable by any means. I am just wondering is it always better to use a 5 star character over a 4 star?

My current 5 stars are: Camilla, Takumi, and Kagero

Also have a number of 4 stars: Marth, Cordelia, Effie, Hawkeye, and Gunter

I am thinking that having 2 neutral in Takumi and Kagero is too much. Is it a good idea to form a team using Camila, Takumi, Marth, and Cordelia? Or should I skill be trying to incorporate Kagero? 

Thanks for any advice!

8 minutes ago, Birdy said:

1) Merging same * rating characters gives SP and +1 to two attributes. You can merge 10 times, giving you a total of 20 stat points, +4 for each. (Only tested on 4* as far as I know)

2) ??? Is probably for real time battles against friends from what I've heard.

3) I assume it's based upon team rating, but I'm not sure. Defense uses the 'left most' team, which is the team you first created. (I'm not sure how to see which one is the 'left most' team though, there's no symbol for it I believe. It just states 'left most' in the help option.)

4) I doubt you can prepare for EVERY situation. There's just too much. I personally run a team that tries to counter the most used units. Robin against Takumi, Lucina against Dragons, Takumi vs fliers and because he's too good and Roy against Hectors. These are also 4 bonus units, meaning I get more points from that. I managed to get rank 65 with that team last week.

Do you actually get bonus points multiple times? I thought it was double points for including one of the units. I only used two of the bonus units but I didn't think it was any different from using only one or three or four. I probably should wait to arena because I have three level 40 five stars and a level 26 four star in my team. I'm not sure if the level 26 is making my selected opponents weaker but I'm running into level 36-40 range and it's a bit underwhelming. Thank god for the lack of five star Oboro on opposing teams.