"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, NOTchazbc24 said:

do buffs of the same stat stack? would i be getting +8 if i had 2 spur defense characters next to a unit? or +4?

Assuming each spur gave 4 defense, then you'll get +8 defense when combined.

3 hours ago, Elieson said:

Does anything happen after you beat Lunatic 9-5, that'd be different from beating 9-5 on N/H?

Nope, nothing. It actually does less, since you don't get new quests after completing it :c

Edited by Birdy

39 minutes ago, YueLiang said:

No. They do however reduce the feather cost from what I've heard.

30 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Will confirm that the feather cost is reduced.

Yeah, by the same amount as if I dismissed the unit instead. So off my double Cecilia goes!

1)  Atk × 1,5 − Def (effective bonus is +50% Atk)

2) What do you mean?

3) a) (Atk − Res) / 2
    b) Atk − Def

4) base Atk + weapon Mt + passive skill boosts (except Spur Atk) = displayed Atk

Edited by Vaximillian

26 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

1)  Atk × 1,5 − Def (effective bonus is +50% Atk)

2) What do you mean?

3) a) (Atk − Res) / 2
    b) Atk − Def

4) base Atk + weapon Mt + passive skill boosts (except Spur Atk) = displayed Atk

1) for this question i am referring to weapon triangle.

this formula doesn't seem to be quitte correct? sometimes 1.2x atk - defence . but for some reason on a number of occasions, it disobeys this rule and goes to 1.5x atk - def.. i can't figure out when?

2) i meant like archers vs pegasus, when the little tick shows up

3) a) i thought so too, wanted to confirm

b) this calc also seems to vary? the thieves seem to disobey atk-def and do less damage

4) i see, i will test swapping weapons. thanks

1) Ah, weapon triangle is +/−20% Atk.

But there are Ruby/Emerald/Sapphire weapons and Triangle Adept skill that increase both the boost and the penalty. For example, a theoretical unit with a Ruby Sword and Triangle Adept skill rank 3 attacked an axe unit, their Atk would be multiplied by 1,6 (100% base + 20% WTA + 20% from Ruby Sword + 20% from Triangle Adept rank 3).

2) This is what usually is called effective damage, and here Atk is multiplied by 1,5.
I don't have any Armorslayers yet so can't say how effective damage and weapon triangle interact.

3) b) Need to check but I'm almost sure it's purely Atk − Def for daggers.

So I checked and it's definitely Atk − Def. This Gaius has 17 Atk and this Axe Fighter has 9 Def. Gaius is about to deal 17−9=8 damage (twice).

aoA0QvI.png

Kan3fih.png

TiqRB97.png

Edited by Vaximillian

I'm thinking I know the answer to this already, but I keep forgetting to check. Can anyone confirm that when a unit dies, they do not get to keep the xp and sp they gained during the map?

1 minute ago, whase said:

I'm thinking I know the answer to this already, but I keep forgetting to check. Can anyone confirm that when a unit dies, they do not get to keep the xp and sp they gained during the map?

This is correct.

Please enlighten me on the Fury skill. Hinata is able to take it, for example.

(Grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res +1 per rank. Unit takes 2 damage per rank after combat.)

Is it worth it and in what situations?

@Vaximillian

Units with larger HP pools and defensive reserves like Fury, because it forces them to take 2 damage when they'd never be ORKO'd anyway, and lets them deal a bit more dmg in return.

Personally, I don't like it unless they're doubling, to maximize the damage dealt. Atk+1 when doubling implies base (X+1)+(X+1) damage, amplified by WTA, in exchange for a miniscule 2*Y dmg in return at the end of the combat. 

tl;dr don't give it to your tankier units unless you're blitz'ing haaard. At low levels, it's low use because of such a tiny bonus. At higher levels, you'll see more value from it, reflected more on your forward drives.

4 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

1) Ah, weapon triangle is +/−20% Atk.

But there are Ruby/Emerald/Sapphire weapons and Triangle Adept skill that increase both the boost and the penalty. For example, a theoretical unit with a Ruby Sword and Triangle Adept skill rank 3 attacked an axe unit, their Atk would be multiplied by 1,6 (100% base + 20% WTA + 20% from Ruby Sword + 20% from Triangle Adept rank 3).

2) This is what usually is called effective damage, and here Atk is multiplied by 1,5.
I don't have any Armorslayers yet so can't say how effective damage and weapon triangle interact.

3) b) Need to check but I'm almost sure it's purely Atk − Def for daggers.

So I checked and it's definitely Atk − Def. This Gaius has 17 Atk and this Axe Fighter has 9 Def. Gaius is about to deal 17−9=8 damage (twice).

Reveal hidden contents

aoA0QvI.png

Kan3fih.png

TiqRB97.png

For 2, this is the total damage formula:

Damage = [Atk x EFF] x Weapon ADV/DA - (Def or Res)

Weapon ADV = 1.2 (1.4 with Triangle Adept)

Weapon DA = 0.8 (0.6 with Triangle Adept)

EFF (Armorslayer, Heavy Spear etc) = 1.5

30 minutes ago, Birdy said:

For 2, this is the total damage formula:

Damage = [Atk x EFF] x Weapon ADV/DA - (Def or Res)

Weapon ADV = 1.2 (1.4 with Triangle Adept)

Weapon DA = 0.8 (0.6 with Triangle Adept)

EFF (Armorslayer, Heavy Spear etc) = 1.5

Thank you very much. So it means modifiers to WTA add, effectiveness multiplies.