"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Please enlighten me on the Fury skill. Hinata is able to take it, for example.

(Grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res +1 per rank. Unit takes 2 damage per rank after combat.)

Is it worth it and in what situations?

I'd use it if I needed to grind a healer.  IIRC, the stat boost and damage taken also increase as rank goes up.

48 minutes ago, vin said:

So I got the Hard February quests, but they aren't registering when I complete them. Do I have to beat story mode on Normal first? 

Yes.

Also, you need to do the maps you have already completed on Hard mode, after completing Normal,  or else you won't be able to get the Hard Quest rewards.

More of a subjective question, but....

How soon do you want to prioritize the experience boosts in this game? As it is, I'm sitting on 20 orbs and wondering whether to use them to get the last two castle upgrades (totaling 18 IIRC) or to try to roll for another character to raise up. I've done about... 2-3 rolls...?? (I have 19 characters but that's including Al/Sharena/Anna/Raigh/Virion/Matthew so... I don't think I got rid of anyone but maybe I did? IDK lol) So anyway yeah. I feel like I should get the exp upgrade but the new roll is suuuuuper tempting. 

And for the record I'm pretty happy with who I've got right now (Robin/Tiki/Cherche/Marth rn, raising Lissa as a healer)

3 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

How soon do you want to prioritize the experience boosts in this game? As it is, I'm sitting on 20 orbs and wondering whether to use them to get the last two castle upgrades (totaling 18 IIRC) or to try to roll for another character to raise up. I've done about... 2-3 rolls...?? (I have 19 characters but that's including Al/Sharena/Anna/Raigh/Virion/Matthew so... I don't think I got rid of anyone but maybe I did? IDK lol) So anyway yeah. I feel like I should get the exp upgrade but the new roll is suuuuuper tempting. 

And for the record I'm pretty happy with who I've got right now (Robin/Tiki/Cherche/Marth rn, raising Lissa as a healer)

people all over the place are saying to get these upgrades asap, but to be fair...I don´t think they are RLY worth it...

for arena the upgrade isn´t usefull, because the level scale, if you go rly fast to lv 40 you have nothing to do...so i can´t say this for sure but i wouldn´t upgrade (or everything at least) if i´m not in a hurry.

Obs: i have two accounts, one with all the upgrades and another without them and i´m not missing, at all =S

5 minutes ago, Eilanzer said:

people all over the place are saying to get these upgrades asap, but to be fair...I don´t think they are RLY worth it...

for arena the upgrade isn´t usefull, because the level scale, if you go rly fast to lv 40 you have nothing to do...so i can´t say this for sure but i wouldn´t upgrade (or everything at least) if i´m not in a hurry.

Obs: i have two accounts, one with all the upgrades and another without them and i´m not missing, at all =S

okay, thank you. 

If anyone else wants to still answer my question, I would welcome additional input (yours is no less appreciated ofc, Eil)

Just now, BANRYU said:

okay, thank you. 

If anyone else wants to still answer my question, I would welcome additional input (yours is no less appreciated ofc, Eil)

np, i even say that you should wait for more opinions on this topic, i still not sure what is best...So many random stuff in this game XD

11 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

okay, thank you. 

I did upgrade my castle all the way. And with the tower being half the price I want to get all the exp I can. I'm sure i'll get more units to level and more stuff to do in the months to come and I feel leveling from 30 to 40 is still crazy slow.

tbh though, if I would restart the game I wouldn't fully upgrade my castle until I'm happy with the units I have.

Also, a question of my own:

I just pulled a 4* Lilina is she worh leveling? worth upgrading or send her home? Haven't heard much about her and already using a 4* a Tiki.

7 minutes ago, Chelone said:

I did upgrade my castle all the way. And with the tower being half the price I want to get all the exp I can. I'm sure i'll get more units to level and more stuff to do in the months to come and I feel leveling from 30 to 40 is still crazy slow.

tbh though, if I would restart the game I wouldn't fully upgrade my castle until I'm happy with the units I have.

Also, a question of my own:

I just pulled a 4* Lilina is she worh leveling? worth upgrading or send her home? Haven't heard much about her and already using a 4* a Tiki.

Might as well jump on the castle upgrade question.  I upgrade mine based on my highest levels.  Leveling past 30 is super-slow, so investing in the castle then is my plan, IMO.  Well. . .eventually.

Lilina's a magic nuke.  She hits insanely hard, and should be OHKOing things.  In return, she's quite frail.  I don't know what the rest of your units are, so it's impossible to say whether or not Tiki should be dropped.

12 hours ago, nstyler said:

I'm so sorry - if you're asking this question you might have missed the boat :(

You have to go into the arena in between seasons

Well that's unfortunate, I'll try next season ahah

13 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Lilina's a magic nuke.  She hits insanely hard, and should be OHKOing things.  In return, she's quite frail.  I don't know what the rest of your units are, so it's impossible to say whether or not Tiki should be dropped.

In a world where all I hear is Takumi and Hector I'm never certain haha. I usually use my 5* Roy and Camilla, have been using 4* Effie for slot 3(leveling 4* Abel but I've heard he might not be worth it). with Tiki/Gordin 4* in my final slot who might be replaced by Lilina. I usually swap out some people anyway depending on the map I'm facing. As for Arena, it's basically the same and I just take my chances.

50 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Look at it like this. Tower stamina is halved right now, which is great. It will be over soon though and seeing how many people are already complaining that you have way to little stamina, it's only going to become worse when the 9 stamina tower floors will become 18 stamina tower floors which you need to go through quite a few times to level your units from 37/38 to 40. Without any exp bonus from the castle, I'm talking about like 30 to 40 runs, no joke. 

Now imagine if you only needed to do them for half the stamina price. That will safe you so much time and stamina you could use to level up another group! Or do Paralogues! Or whatever else might be added!

The thing is, the longer you wait, the more EXP you're going to miss out on have you done it before. If your thinking about going to get all upgrades anyway, why wait? It is by far the best thing to spend your orbs on, it's not random like summons, it's always usefull and will keep being usefull unlike some units thanks to power creep probably.

I feel like the only thing keeping people away from buying the castle upgrades is because it's not flashy. It doesn't give you the chance to get great units. It doesn't make your heart skip a bit when you press that orb. But it's so, so usefull and good.

On 2/7/2017 at 2:14 AM, Silent Mercenary said:

Anyone have an idea on the formula for Rehabilitate (from Lissa and Wrys)? Its effect is: "Restores 7 HP or more the further below 50% the target's HP is. Slows Special Trigger (cooldown count+1)." Anything below 20% HP (for my units which mostly have HP around 20~25 at the moment) has been a full heal so far, while something like 45% HP adds around 2 health.

I just answered my own question by compiling some data. Posting in case someone wants to have it in mind or put it in the site.

The formula for Rehabilitate below 50% HP is: 7 + [2 x (MaxHP/2 - CurrentHP)]

Spoiler

HP/Max %HP Heals for X (7+Extra) Difference from Half Max HP
12/26 46.15% Heals 9 (7+2) 13-12=1
12/28 45.86% Heals 11 (7+4) 14-12=2
9/25 36.00% Heals 14 (7+7) 12.5-9=3.5
9/26 34.62% Heals 15 (7+8) 13-9=4
8/26 30.77% Heals 17 (7+10) 13-8=5
7/24 29.17% Heals 17 (7+10)* 12-7=5
7/25 28.00% Heals 18 (7+11)* 12.5-7=5.5
4/22 18.18% Heals 21 (7+14)* 11-4=7

Edited by Silent Mercenary

I have a dumb question to ask: the new character that is approaching...is it Narcian? I haven't played his game, but from the little of the art that we can see of the shadowy new character, I think it's him?

1 minute ago, mewyeon said:

I have a dumb question to ask: the new character that is approaching...is it Narcian? I haven't played his game, but from the little of the art that we can see of the shadowy new character, I think it's him?

Yes, it's him.

1 minute ago, mewyeon said:

Pretty sure that's Narcian.  He was pictured in the Direct, and the new character's definitely on a wyvern.

@Birdy @Chelone Okay thanks guys, your input. This time I decided to go with another roll (got a second 4* adult Tiki lmao) and I'll be getting the exp boosts next time I get enough orbs for them both. 

@mewyeon It's definitely Narcian, the shadowed art shown matches up with his 'attacking' art in the story map where he shows up alongside Zephiel.

Hi everyone, looking for some advice on team compositions. I've spent about $20 so far in the game and am pretty fortunate, currently running a team of Takumi, Ryoma, Carmilla, and Lucinda (they are my only 5*). I don't have any good 5* blue characters. I am wondering if you guys think it's worthwhile to substitute out Lucinda for a 4* blue character. I have the following blue 4* - Donnell, Effie, Jagen, Abel, Peri, and Cordelia. Thanks!!

2 minutes ago, jaxz said:

Hi everyone, looking for some advice on team compositions. I've spent about $20 so far in the game and am pretty fortunate, currently running a team of Takumi, Ryoma, Carmilla, and Lucinda (they are my only 5*). I don't have any good 5* blue characters. I am wondering if you guys think it's worthwhile to substitute out Lucinda for a 4* blue character. I have the following blue 4* - Donnell, Effie, Jagen, Abel, Peri, and Cordelia. Thanks!!

Use Abel, most of the heroes in arena right now are red and infantry...So Abel as blue AND having swordbreak is a beast counter to a lot of nasty tier stuff ^^

Cordelia is op, but you need her as 5* to be viable, otherwise she´s too squishy =/

Edited by Eilanzer

1 minute ago, Eilanzer said:

Use Abel, most of the heroes in arena right now are red and infantry...So Abel as blue AND having swordbreak is a beast counter to a lot of nasty tier stuff ^^

Thanks for the quick response!! So you think it's wiser to use a 4* Abel over the 5* Lucinda the majority of the time for color coverage or on an as-needed basis only?

Edited by jaxz

1 minute ago, jaxz said:

Thanks for the quick response!! So you think it's wiser to use a 4* Abel over the 5* Lucinda for color coverage?

Yep, People ignore Abel...But he is counter to almost all infantry units and the 5* most people get for now...Lyn...Marth...Roy...Lucina...etc etc

Plus...He is cavalry like ryoma, so he can keep with the rest of your party...Takumi doesn´t have this problem because of his range...But lucina will always be the hero at the back that you need to wait to get some xp and be usefull...

2 hours ago, jaxz said:

Besides Abel, Effie might work, if you're having issues with repositioning.  She may never fight, but Smite is hilarious.  If Abel learns Swap, this is a moot point.

What's the best way to run Lissa? Gravity > Assault and Firebalm > the extra healing proc I'm guessing? (been running her with the healing/assault build rn since I lack a better staff user ATM but want to make sure I nail down her skills before it starts costing energy to change it lol)

18 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

What's the best way to run Lissa? Gravity > Assault and Firebalm > the extra healing proc I'm guessing? (been running her with the healing/assault build rn since I lack a better staff user ATM but want to make sure I nail down her skills before it starts costing energy to change it lol)

Definitely Gravity!  I'd do Firebalm, but that's just me.  Lissa's job is utility, not damage.