So the final poll results are here

Lightchao42

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

pollresults_dorcas.png

Excited and surprised at the support for the Lady of Sacae,  It's amazing to me how well Blazing Sword characters did when all I've heard over the years is how many people prefer or started with PoR, RD, or Awakening.

41 minutes ago, Koumal8 said:

Also, FE4 did so bad I'm kind of changing my mind about a possible FE4 remake... so little love for my little gem... :cry:

Should not be that surprising considering that the majority of FE fans have never played the games and they don't have appearances in Smash to boost their recognition like Roy and Ike do.

Several of the characters made the top 100, which is quite impressive.

I did some comparisons for the final results compared to midterm results, thought I'll share if anyone was curious. If no changes were listed, then that character remained in the same spot.

Female (Final Rank <- Midterm Rank)
Nowi: 10 <- 11
Robin: 11 <- 10
Lute: 13 <- 15
Felicia: 14 <- 16
Elise: 15 <- 13
Mia: 16 <- 17
Anna: 17 <- 14 (Poor Anna, that is a bit of a drop...)
Nino: 19 <- 20
Sakura: 20 <- 19

Male (Final Rank <- Midterm Rank)
Leo: 10 <- 12
Dorcas: 12 <- 18 (What a jump!)
Donnel: 13 <- 10 (And there was much rejoicing at his loss of rank 10!)
Lon'qu: 14 <- 13
Marth: 17 <- 14 (New Mystery)
Joshua: 18 <- 17
Eliwood: 19 <- ?? (He kicked out Male Corrin from the Top 20)

Now where did moy votes end up...

Micaiah x2: Rank 17 (Game 2 || Votes 13491)
Arthur x2: Rank 159 (Game 49 || Votes 1704)
Ephraim x2: Rank 13 (Game 2 || Votes 14907)
Lyn x2: Rank 1 (Game 1 || Votes 49917)
Leo x2: Rank 19 (Game 5 || 12175)
Duessel: Rank 390 (Game 31 || Votes 412)
Nolan: Rank 439 (Game 53 || Votes 297
Flora: Rank 96 (Game 34 || Votes 2939)

No big surprise to see Duessel and Nolan so low in the ranks, but everyone else did fairly well for themselves. I'm happy that Flora made it in the top 100.

2 minutes ago, Radiant head said:

combining split character ballots isn't entirely reliable because some people probably voted for both

There was no limiting repeat votes to begin with, though, so this shouldn't matter, unless you mean some people may have wanted them to be treated separately?

For some characters, vote splitting make sense. There are characters who appear in multiple games who have significantly different designs(such as Ike and Bartre). There are even some who have pretty different personalities such as Karel. So I see splitting votes for those characters as there are probably plenty of people who prefer one design over another. That's probably their reasoning for splitting the votes.

4 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

For some characters, vote splitting make sense. There are characters who appear in multiple games who have significantly different designs(such as Ike and Bartre). There are even some who have pretty different personalities such as Karel. So I see splitting votes for those characters as there are probably plenty of people who prefer one design over another. That's probably their reasoning for splitting the votes.

And then you've got splits like Masked Marth and Lucina. I also see the point for certain characters, but quite a few got screwed over.

2 minutes ago, Thane said:

And then you've got splits like Masked Marth and Lucina. I also see the point for certain characters, but quite a few got screwed over.

Yeah, there's a lot of characters where it doesn't make much sense. But I guess they decided to go for an all or nothing policy.

I honestly love the fact that characters such as Micaiah and Dorcas are remarkably high in the list. Makes me proud! But....the Black Knight, my favorite villain in FE didn't even make it to the top 20 saddens me. :'(

58 minutes ago, Res said:

There was no limiting repeat votes to begin with, though, so this shouldn't matter, unless you mean some people may have wanted them to be treated separately?

oh i assumed you couldn't vote for the same option twice

the results seem really skewed then, if people could vote for one character 12 times

Edited by Radiant head

18 minutes ago, Radiant head said:

oh i assumed you couldn't vote for the same option twice

the results seem really skewed then, if people could vote for one character 12 times

Yes; the results depend on how fixated people were on a particular character winning.

I'm guilty of this myself; I only voted for two characters. On the other hand, I didn't start voting until halfway through the polling began, so I only submitted 6 votes in total.

23 minutes ago, Mysterique Sign said:

Gay dude here, love Camilla, she's one of my favorites

Ya'll can just stay mad

You mean you don't like her only for her sexy outfit and body? Naw, ya'll gotta be lyin', that would put a dent in the narrative they've got goin' on lol
Same here though, I'm a bisexual transgender female and I love Camilla for a lot more then just being 'hot'. I like her kinda sad backstory that explains why she is so possessive over her siblings along with her strange 'not-mother' personality type. I also love gothic designs and sexy designs for reasons outside of sexual reasons. I also like when a character can dress or act sexually, thinking it makes them somehow objectified is just being a prude. I never feel like characters like Tharja or Camilla, or outside of that, characters like Bayonetta, aren't in complete control of their sexuality, they never seem like they're forced into the roles..I can't help but feel like its similar to 'slut shaming' of fictional characters..only Tharja nor Camilla ever feel like 'sluts' to me.
Beyond that, in Tharja's case, its pretty equal since Dark Mages that are males in Awakening have almost the exact same 'uniform' with a body stocking and mostly exposed body.

3 hours ago, Koumal8 said:

Am I the only one who is actually starting to question the choice to include Lords (and Avatars) in the poll? Let's leave aside the fact that I don't particularly like most of them: they dominate the competition so much it's not even funny. I think it would have been a much more interesting poll had hey decided to leave them out.

Also, FE4 did so bad I'm kind of changing my mind about a possible FE4 remake... so little love for my little gem... :cry:

If remakes were made based on popularity then surely Gaiden of all things wouldn't be getting one right now. Now there's a game that's never done well on any FE popularity polls that I've ever seen.

Edited by hinode

@Deva Ashera I've called it slut-shaming before, too. It certainly feels like it. I'm personally not a fan of either Camilla or Tharja, but they're popular characters in my household.

@Koumal8 I can see the argument against including avatars, since they're customizable to a degree, but the lords don't always have much differentiating them from other characters other than a little more focus. 

4 hours ago, Koumal8 said:

Gaiden had little love and it's still getting a remake. Maybe they will make a remake....someday.

5 hours ago, Thane said:

Yeah, I saw that and felt that was a bit unfair to the other characters. I decided to vote for other characters, so I wouldn't duplicate. I like who I voted for, but, not enough to vote twice for them.

For those who say Gaiden isn't popular... Gaiden has two music tracks in Smash 4, while Jugdral and Magvel have one apiece (and Jugdral's is the Coliseum Medly, which is questionably Jugdralian).

It might not be a fan favourite, but the higher ups certainly have a different opinion. Or maybe this was foreshadowing.

Also, keep in mind that part of the reason Gaiden wasn't really popular is so few have played it, especially in the west, and the UI was quite primitive so it wasn't exactly accessible either.  I think these two things are a good reason to remake it, since part of why things are remade is to expose them to a larger audience.  And that's something Gaiden honestly needed.

4 hours ago, Res said:

@Koumal8 I can see the argument against including avatars, since they're customizable to a degree, but the lords don't always have much differentiating them from other characters other than a little more focus. 

I think that they wouldn't have been included if not for two things.
1) Robin's and Corrin's appearance, in both forms, in Super Smash Bros, establishing them as their own character with 'set' designs.
2) Corrin's appearance with a set design for both male and female on the boxes for Fire Emblem Fates.