Heroes needs to be made easier.

Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

By "switch around" I meant like...say you're at the training tower, and the one you want to do has a bunch of lance users and your team is full of sword users. You can take the sword users out and replace them with axe users. And it won't change. You'll have the advantage. The teams in the training tower don't change to have an advantage over the player. They don't change until you complete a map there. And you can always do what I described.

Oh, you mean switch around the units on my team(s). Thing is, I only have four units above level 20. Because they're the only units I have that I'm willing to use. I just got rid of some others and I probably should get rid of more of them because they're useless (the feathers will be useful later too), but eh.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Eilanzer said:

i would say that the best time to do a full upgrade of your castle is at 20+-...Because before that is too easy to level up and you need all the summons you can get to have a decent team =S

Reasonable enough. After a few hours of rerolling, I managed to get a solid starting pull including Tiki-5, Marth-4, and Caeda-4, so I wasn't in any rush to get any more pulls. Of course, I was also planning to splurge after getting to the point where my red-dominant team started to have trouble, so there's that.

Level 20 is definitely a solid place to get your castle fully upgraded since that's where exp. starts to drop off noticeably.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, you mean switch around the units on my team(s). Thing is, I only have four units above level 20. Because they're the only units I have that I'm willing to use. I just got rid of some others and I probably should get rid of more of them because they're useless (the feathers will be useful later too), but eh.

If you don't mind spending stamina on leveling up instead of running story, hang out in the training tower for a bit. The launch event has the stamina costs in the tower at half price, so this is the absolute best time to be making use of it.

I can't shift teams though. I don't have other teams to shift to. I got rid of a bunch of useless unwanted units for feathers though, which I intend to use later, of course.

Edited by Anacybele

12 minutes ago, Refa said:

Or luck!  It's usually some combination of that, money, and time.  And people say that luck is a worthless stat SMH.

this is a good post thanks refa

youre the real mvp

Anyway. The reason that mobile games, at least free-to-play games have steep difficulty curves is so that people throw money at it. As ridiculous as that sounds and as much as it sucks for the many players, it works because some people are willing to spend a shit ton of money on these things. Pokemon Shuffle was no different.

5 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

With my reference points of numerous Gacha games, even some R-18 DMM games I took a look at for laughs...

Heroes is a breath of fresh air. It's actually designed to be playable. Even for bad roll 3 star teams.

Exactly. It's not the best designed Fire Emblem game, but it could have been extremely bad because of the gacha. At the contrary, it offers a rather fair, playable and enjoyable game, similar to a standard Fire Emblem experience. Unless you fight underleveled units, it offers some challenge, or at least has the merit of withstanding.

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I think you need to get out of the mindset that units you're not using are "useless." You're making a huge mistake by getting rid of them and not trying them out. You have nothing to lose by at least raising them to level 10-15 using the first 3 levels of the training tower. They are extremely cheap in stamina, and you may find a new unit you enjoy using or actually turn out to be good, even if you are not particularly fond of the character itself.

You need to raise a variation of units so you can switch them to gain an advantage in harder maps/events. If you stick with the same 4 units all the time you'll find the game will get stale rather quickly, especially when you hit that point where your team's weaknesses are hit hard and you're losing more than winning.

In short, never get rid of your gained units (unless they are weaker copies of stronger units you already have). Especially this early on in the game's life.

Edited by Raven

Wtf, I could've sworn I posted a reply to this...

Anyway, the problem is, I only have four units above lv. 20, meaning only one team. I got rid of a bunch of units that I deemed useless or unwanted (the feathers will be useful in the future anyway). I don't have many left now, but oh well. Female Corrin could be handy, but she seems to be yet another low res unit and I need more units that can handle magic attacks. I'm going to eventually train her up because I also could use someone with a ranged attack (the Virion you start with isn't worth it, imo), but still.

Post a ss of your team/bench heros and maybe we can help better

Edited by Eilanzer

4 minutes ago, Raven said:

I think you need to get out of the mindset that units you're not using are "useless." You're making a huge mistake by getting rid of them and not trying them out. You have nothing to lose by at least raising them to level 10-15 using the first 3 levels of the training tower. They are extremely cheap in stamina, and you may find a new unit you enjoy using or actually turn out to be good, even if you are not particularly fond of the character itself.

You need to raise a variation of units so you can switch them to gain an advantage in harder maps/events. If you stick with the same 4 units all the time you'll find the game will get stale rather quickly, especially when you hit that point where your team's weaknesses are hit hard and you're continually losing.

In short, never get rid of your gained units (unless they are weaker copies of stronger units you already have). Especially this early on in the game's life.

About half of the units I dumped were copies. The others were lowly three star units that had crappy stats and wouldn't help fix my problems (like a lack of high res people. None of the units I got rid of looked like they would have high res at all) or characters I don't give a damn about (Clarine for example. She's a stupid brat. Healers can't level up anyway because they either can't attack worth shit or can't actually attack at all).

Believe me, I don't want to stick with the same four units all the time, I know that's a bad idea. But I haven't found any other units that I can raise. Except female Corrin, and she still appears to have crappy res.

Give me a minute to get a screenshot.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

About half of the units I dumped were copies. The others were lowly three star units that had crappy stats and wouldn't help fix my problems (like a lack of high res people. None of the units I got rid of looked like they would have high res at all) or characters I don't give a damn about (Clarine for example. She's a stupid brat. Healers can't level up anyway because they either can't attack worth shit or can't actually attack at all).

Believe me, I don't want to stick with the same four units all the time, I know that's a bad idea. But I haven't found any other units that I can raise.

You clearly don't know much about Clarine if you honestly think she's just a stupid brat, first and foremost.  Second, healers gain EXP from staff use, and staves are pretty useful to have around.

1 minute ago, Glaceon Mage said:

You clearly don't know much about Clarine if you honestly think she's just a stupid brat, first and foremost.  Second, healers gain EXP from staff use, and staves are pretty useful to have around.

Her dialogue makes her come off to me as an annoying brat. Deal with it. I've also actually tried to have her heal anyway, she didn't gain any exp from it. I've also already gotten rid of her anyway.

Edited by Anacybele

I already fully upgraded my castle but haven't done any more summons beyond my first 5 (since I want to save my orbs for a unit I really want to get) but my team's been struggling. It's still a Hero battle (meaning not even one of your team members is allowed to be defeated) but Narcian's map has to be a 4v5. Even worse is that the harder version is a lv. 35 silver-star map.

Edited by Roflolxp54

If you were willing to put your personal opinions aside of a character's personalities/traits, you'd find yourself in a much better predicament right now.

Healers do gain experience from healing allies, and most (e.g. Clarine) are also able to attack once they gain enough skill points to learn them.

Dancers, however, gain no EXP from dancing for an ally.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

(Clarine for example. She's a stupid brat. Healers can't level up anyway because they either can't attack worth shit or can't actually attack at all).

They gain decent exp. before level 20 just by healing and provide amazing support for your party. You can use SP to unlock an attack skill for all of the staff units. They won't deal as much damage as a primary mage, but some of them have nice additional effects like Pain's fixed damage and Gravity's movement reduction.

After level 20, healers will begin to level up more slowly than attacking units (my Elise has been on two separate teams that have reached level 40, and she's still only level 37).

1 minute ago, Raven said:

If you were willing to put your personal opinions aside of a character's personalities/traits, you'd find yourself in a much better predicament right now.

Healers do gain experience from healing allies, and most (e.g. Clarine) are also able to attack once they gain enough skill points to learn them.

Dancers, however, gain no EXP from dancing for an ally.

Then why didn't Clarine gain any exp from healing when I tried to use her? She was at lv. 1, btw. And I know dancers don't get any exp from dancing.

Her dialogue makes her come off to me as an annoying brat. Deal with it. I've also actually tried to have her heal anyway, she didn't gain any exp from it.

I've consistently gotten both EXP and SP from healing when I levelled healers, both Clarine and Sakura.

Also, actually read her supports.  Clarine is somewhat haughty, but is genuinely a good person deep down.  Her support with Dorothy is a good example.

Then why didn't Clarine gain any exp from healing when I tried to use her? She was at lv. 1, btw. And I know dancers don't get any exp from dancing.

It might be your turncount.  I remember one time I was "hmm, I can exploit this" and tried staff abusing against an enemy that had one character it did less damage than Clarine could heal in range.  After a few turns Clarine stopped getting EXP.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

They gain decent exp. before level 20 just by healing and provide amazing support for your party. You can use SP to unlock an attack skill for all of the staff units. They won't deal as much damage as a primary mage, but some of them have nice additional effects like Pain's fixed damage and Gravity's movement reduction.

I personally enjoy running healers with Fear, which reduces the attack of whoever you hit by a lot (6). Imbue basically doubles every other turns' heal power (super nice for training up weaker teams)

Either:

She gained EXP in the battle, but died at the end and didn't "receive" the EXP
She had healed too many times (after like 15 uses of Heal, the game drips the EXP down, kinda like Awakening and Fates do, to discourage single-map grinding)
There's an undiscovered issue that you're the first to publically report

Honestly I can't answer that. If it really did happen then it must have been a bug but I haven't come across anything like that yet. Every time she's successfully healed, she's gained some amount of EXP.

The only reasonable explanation that I can think of is that you were rapidly tapping your screen, forcing the EXP bar animation to immediately disappear before you even realised it was appearing, or the points that Elieson posted above.

It's also useful to know that after a certain number of turns, healing indeed grants 0 EXP to prevent you from abusing the system.

3 minutes ago, Elieson said:

I personally enjoy running healers with Fear, which reduces the attack of whoever you hit by a lot (6). Imbue basically doubles every other turns' heal power (super nice for training up weaker teams)

Either:

She had healed too many times (after like 15 uses of Heal, the game drips the EXP down, kinda like Awakening and Fates do, to discourage single-map grinding)

I think that after healing 15 times, she wouldn't be level 1 anymore xD. 

Also, everyone has their own ideas about units personalities, it's not really much use to discuss it I think. It's perfectly fine to use whatever units you want to and like, but I feel it's a bit unfair if you would say the game is too hard while refusing to use all the tools you have at your disposal. 

4 minutes ago, Raven said:

It's also useful to know that after a certain number of turns, healing indeed grants 0 EXP to prevent you from abusing the system.

I think it's like X uses of Heal. If you camp in a battle for 45 turns and heal on the 45th turn, you'll gain normal exp 

1 minute ago, Birdy said:

I think that after healing 15 times, she wouldn't be level 1 anymore xD. 

If she died after all dem heals though :/

15 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Either:

The exp bar didn't appear and increase when I used her to heal. And she didn't die either, I'd have definitely remembered that. I definitely didn't have her heal THAT much. So it looks like the it's the third one. That's quite inconvenient...

Anyway, my allies screen as of right now.

Capture_2017-02-10-15-12-15_zpscjfn72pz.

As you can see, I cleaned house, and rightfully so. I could get rid of more of these people too. Why do I need Jagen or Palla when Frederick and Sharena fill their roles? Why should I keep Robin when he's available as a five star pull? Female Corrin could be useful later, but she still seems like she wouldn't be able to take magic attacks for crap. I do intend to train her later. I only briefly used Virion at the beginning and ditched him. Anna can't seem to ever stay alive. I tried to use Alfonse, but he's so slow and weak.

Why should I keep Virion or Matthew? They're the TWO star units you start with. I got rid of Raigh already as well since he also starts as two star. You can get better mages than that from summoning without much effort. Robin there is proof, even though he's still just three star.

Units I did have but got rid of:

Cecilia: I don't want Elibe characters except Sain and Fiora and they're not in the game yet.

Clarine: Already explained.

Saizo: I find that units with his type of weapon are weak, sometimes unable to even do damage at all.

Hinata: He seemed super slow. And I don't need another sword wielder when I have Draug and Olivia up there (unless it's someone better than them, like Ryoma).

Sophia: See Cecilia. She also seemed pretty slow.

Cherche: Why do I need her when Frederick is there? He's the same thing, a mounted axe wielder.

A lot of these were low res units too. Then the rest were duplicates of Sophia, Palla, and Clarine. I got three or four Pallas, in fact! I might be forgetting one or two others, but I know these are at least most of who I got.

Edited by Anacybele

Manaketes target Res, so Fred's low res and middling speed aren't helping his case against Manaketes. 

You should have 10000 free feathers + whatever you've accumulated. It's worth bumping Sharena to 4* (2000 feathers over 3*) if you can. The hard stats make a real difference:

My 4* Sharena is running : 32HP / 31 Atk / 23 Spd / 16 Def / 11 Res, with Rally Attack and Fortify Def 2, making here a pretty good supporter. Those few extra points in speed have saved my tush from danger more times than I can count

I'd suggest building up your F!Corrin..she's a pretty dang good unit in this game. Alfonse starts slow but with effort becomes one of those units that can one-shot stuff because of his personal ability, DeathBlow, combined with his pretty high Atk. 

I'm envious of your Fred, as I have a 4* Bartre (he's my only Hammer user), and would like that +1 Mov, but mounted units seem to be less speedy and Fred's 15 spd faces doubling numbers against swordies :(

Daggers are awesome, the Defense/Resistance debuffing is VERY useful and can increase the next attacker's power.

Palla and Cherche can fly.

Clarine can heal, obviously.  She can also Attack debuff with Fear.

Cecilia can have WTA versus colorless, also 3 move.  She's made of glass though.

Sophia I personally tried training, her speed really is a problem.  She does get Dragon Fang so she hits like a truck though.  

Dunno about Hinata since I never rolled him.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

Why should I keep Robin when he's available as a five star pull?

Because you may never get him from a gacha draw? It's a completely random chance, and after his focus is gone he will be even harder to get. (And that will be on this month's 15th I think?)

I had my Robin (M) as a 3 stars unit too, trained him up to 4 stars and now he's on my main party at level 40; he's pretty good to kill colorless units like archers because his weapons.

I wouldn't recommend selling around units that aren't duplicates, have you seen the storage in this game? It's huge! And it can be expanded! So it is not a reason to sell units randomly. Yeah, the feathers are useful but you can get them from events too or just keep trying at the arena, eventually they will come, but the characters you sold may not, and they could have been useful (and future missions may tell you to use them...). Plus if you get so many duplicates you should have some saved up already.

Specially, sell the 2 stars which give only 10 feathers... was it even worth it? It is only 200 feathers to get them up to 3 stars where they can become usable.

If you aren't lucky with draws, sell may not be the best choice, you will eventually get better things... but you will not know when. Try different team combinations and check everyone's skills, even a character you don't particularly like may be the key to save your team.