Official art for Ephraim, Eirika, Seliph, and Deirdre.

Sentinel07

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't really give an opinion since those images are pretty small. But they look okay from what I can see.

If this means Jugdral and Magvel are being added to the game next, that's rather disappointing and not very reasonable when Ike got the most (combined) votes in the heroes poll. Clearly fans want him and perhaps more Tellius characters, more than Magvel or Jugdral, the latter of which didn't even have any characters in the top twenty. I wanted Magvel and Jugdral in at the start, don't get me wrong, but Tellius getting repeatedly shafted despite its obvious popularity lately (Ike won the male poll, Micaiah got top ten in the female poll, and two other Tellius characters got top twenty in the female list) is rather annoying and makes no sense to me.

That being said, I do really want Ephraim. Second best lord after the mighty Radiant Hero himself. <3

18 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Also yay, Seliph!  He looks a bit off to me, though.  Oh well.

it's because he looks like a man

For real though, the art for these four look amazing.
i'm pumped for these guys coming in to Heroes very soon.

26 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Eirika is gorgeous.  

I love her art.

Also yay, Seliph!  He looks a bit off to me, though.  Oh well.

Well, Seliph's kind of stands out as he still looks similar to Genealogy's 1990's style while Ephriam, Eirika, and Julia have all these intricate details on their clothes and armor.

Seliph looks different because he looks older (why couldn't Roy get that treatment instead of looking like a ten year old?), imo. I still don't like his hair much (and that's really because I don't usually dig long hair and ponytails on men), but otherwise, I think this looks better than what he usually looks like. No huge weird eyes either like in his Awakening DLC art.

Oh my Gods, I adore Eirika's artwork! I was soo afraid that I wouldn't like her artwork since she's in my top 5 favorite characters along with Tharja, Camilla, Lucina, and Lyn, and then followed by Corrin (f) and both Tikis..so its official that I like all of my favorite character's artwork with only Corrin's even coming close to a dislike.

I can't wait to add her to the game!

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I can't really give an opinion since those images are pretty small. But they look okay from what I can see.

If this means Jugdral and Magvel are being added to the game next, that's rather disappointing and not very reasonable when Ike got the most (combined) votes in the heroes poll. Clearly fans want him and perhaps more Tellius characters, more than Magvel or Jugdral, the latter of which didn't even have any characters in the top twenty. I wanted Magvel and Jugdral in at the start, don't get me wrong, but Tellius getting repeatedly shafted despite its obvious popularity lately (Ike won the male poll, Micaiah got top ten in the female poll, and two other Tellius characters got top twenty in the female list) is rather annoying and makes no sense to me.

That being said, I do really want Ephraim. Second best lord after the mighty Radiant Hero himself. <3

This was probably planned long before the poll was finished, they'll likely release Tellius after this..or they might still be a part of it, I mean, there were more then 2 games for this one with Shadow Dragon, Binding Blade, Blazing Blade, Awakening, and Fates. So the next one could include the Radiance games too.

3 minutes ago, Deva Ashera said:

This was probably planned long before the poll was finished, they'll likely release Tellius after this..or they might still be a part of it, I mean, there were more then 2 games for this one with Shadow Dragon, Binding Blade, Blazing Blade, Awakening, and Fates. So the next one could include the Radiance games too.

Maybe. But I would then wonder why we're not seeing official Heroes art for Ike and Elincia/Micaiah alongside these Ephraim, Eirika, Seliph and Deirdre/Julia/whoever she is artworks if Tellius is being added with them at the same time.

Besides, that's probably too much at once anyway.

I also wonder why Jugdral's second gen before its first gen. I mean, Awakening got its first gen first, Lucina aside... And Sigurd seems more popular than his son.

Edited by Anacybele

I'm liking the Eirika artwork! Pity that there aren't easy orbs once most story maps are cleared and Nintendo stops giving out orbs as early release login bonuses.

Saving my orbs for the Choose Your Legends event version of Lyn.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Maybe. But I would then wonder why we're not seeing official Heroes art for Ike and Elincia/Micaiah alongside these Ephraim, Eirika, Seliph and Deirdre/Julia/whoever she is artworks if Tellius is being added with them at the same time.

Besides, that's probably too much at once anyway.

I also wonder why Jugdral's second gen before its first gen. I mean, Awakening got its first gen first, Lucina aside... And Sigurd seems more popular than his son.

Probably because they'll show them off later or leave them as a surprise. I just suspect that we'll have more then 4 Focus characters considering we had 8 this time with Marth, Lucina, Tiki, Robin, Camilla, Lyn, Roy, and Takumi. They covered multiple games and more then 4 characters, so I suspect we'll be seeing more then we've currently been shown..this was but a taste.

Who knows..maybe they pick names out of a hat lol Its also possible there might be a better mix of generations this time.

1 minute ago, Deva Ashera said:

Probably because they'll show them off later or leave them as a surprise. I just suspect that we'll have more then 4 Focus characters considering we had 8 this time with Marth, Lucina, Tiki, Robin, Camilla, Lyn, Roy, and Takumi. They covered multiple games and more then 4 characters, so I suspect we'll be seeing more then we've currently been shown..this was but a taste.

Who knows..maybe they pick names out of a hat lol Its also possible there might be a better mix of generations this time.

Yeah, perhaps. I know I would be pleasantly surprised if Ike suddenly appeared in the game with no prior announcement or anything. :P I hope Elincia is added with him as a focus character instead of Micaiah. I don't like Micaiah at all and Elincia represents Tellius better anyway since she's a significant character in both games instead of just one. In fact, add Ike in his PoR design first and Elincia in her RD design first and you've got perfect Tellius representation there to start off. Micaiah, Soren, Ranulf, and others can come later.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, perhaps. I know I would be pleasantly surprised if Ike suddenly appeared in the game with no prior announcement or anything. :P I hope Elincia is added with him as a focus character instead of Micaiah. I don't like Micaiah at all and Elincia represents Tellius better anyway since she's a significant character in both games instead of just one. In fact, add Ike in his PoR design first and Elincia in her RD design first and you've got perfect Tellius representation there to start off. Micaiah, Soren, Ranulf, and others can come later.

I honestly don't think that Nintendo & Intelligent Systems sees it as represent the Tellius series but rather as representing Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, so it'd still probably be Micaiah, but Elincia would certainly be making an appearance as a drop. That said, considering we have both Lucina & Robin representing Awakening (it could be argued that Camilla & Takumi represent 'separate games' with Conquest and Birthright), we could still see both Ike and Elincia represented as Focuses.

Is it just me, or is Julia's dress strangely form-fitting around the legs? Like ... a strangely well-defined outline of her legs around the skirt? Other than that, the artwork looks okay.

18 minutes ago, Deva Ashera said:

That was over the course of two different banners, however. A new banner will only have four characters, which is reasonable. 

Just now, SlipperySlippy said:

That was over the course of two different banners, however. A new banner will only have four characters, which is reasonable. 

Do we know if we'll only be having only a single new banner? I was under the impression we'd be seeing 2 new focus banners each time.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I try not to make assumptions without basis, but I'm guessing Jugdral is fairly popular in Japan? And I assume nearly all of the programming work / art work is done in Japan, that they're appealing to the Japanese fan base first and foremost? Again, no statistics for this, but I would think the Japanese market is also paying more money to Nintendo on this game as well. From what I understand about the Heroes popularity poll, it was a US thing only. I wonder how the poll would have fared in Japan, where they've actually had ~legal~ access to games not released in the US. Also, how did Roy place #2 in our poll? Did Smash players hijack the polls, or something? I've always had the impression that Roy was one of the least popular Lords...

Anyways, there are clear similarities in desires between US and Japan's character wants... Ike is definitely the most wanted character on both ends, though. I'm assuming they're saving him for a bigger event, or to make more money and such... or maybe they don't want to introduce the most popular sooner rather than later, because they want people to keep playing... I wouldn't be surprised if we saw the Gaiden characters before Tellius, because of the Japanese release date in a few months.

I have a soft spot for Magvel, so I hope this means that we'll be seeing more of them in the pool. My only fear is that Tana will be a Sword/Red Pegasus Knight instead of a Lance/Blue one, and I'll have no place for her on my team.

Pleasantly surprised to see Celice Seliph and Yuria Julia!! If we're looking at Jugdral chapters next, I can see them doing the 2nd gen first, and 1st gen later for story chapters, just like they did with FE6 Binding and FE7 Blazing. I'll be surprised if Japan's fan favorite Finn (top 8, baby) doesn't make the pull when Jugdral characters come out.

I imagine these four will be one of the new banners, while the other is the Choose your legends Ike/Roy/Lyn/Lucina.

Maybe.

1 minute ago, Iris said:

it was a US thing only. I wonder how the poll would have fared in Japan, where they've actually had ~legal~ access to games not released in the US

It was worldwide.  The results were first announced on a Japanese twitter.