[FE14] Primero Revelation Draft

Oricorio

Well, for the sake of history, as well as to celebrate my birthday coming soon, let's create the first Revelation draft on this site! (There is one earlier thread I can find, but that never started, so this will be the first if it starts.) ¡Vamos!

Drafting:

1. This draft is for 4 players

2. Corrin, Azura, Felicia/Jakob, Gunter, and Scarlet are free for all

3. The game will played on Hard Classic mode

4. Children units come with their fathers, aside from Kana, Shigure, and Dwyer, who are draftable

5. First everyone will select a male royal (Ryoma, Xander, Takumi, Leo), then a female (Hinoka, Camilla, Sakura, Elise), then the rest will be selected normally.

6. After ten rounds of drafting, any leftover units are free for all

Exceptions:

1. Only the servant that joins you in chapter 2 is a free unit. The other is a draftable unit that joins in Chapter 15. The first servant may not reclass to a mounted class until the second one is obtained.

2. You have two Golden Tickets, each of which will allow you to use a nonroyal nondrafted unit for one chapter. They can both be exchanged instead for a Royal Ticket, which will allow use of one royal unit for one chapter. These become void after Chapter 26.

3. If Benny or Charlotte are drafted, Elise may be used solely for the purpose of recruiting them in Chapter 14.

Rules:

1. Undrafted units may: pair up with undrafted units and trade with undrafted/drafted units (but must not be in range of a drafted unit when battling)

2. Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to: pairing up with drafted units, entering batte, meatshielding, healing and supporting with drafted units, using Dragon Veins.

3. NPC units may do as they please without penalty.

4. Paralogues excluding 1 are optional and are free up to 20 turns

5. Challenge battles are banned, as are any invasion battles.

6. Use of DLC and Spotpass (including Free Content) is strictly prohibited.

7. Mozu's Paralogue must be completed before Chapter 9.

My Castle Rules

1. You may build, upgrade, and use any of the following: Lilith's Temple, Armories, Rod/Staff Store, and Hot Springs. Using any other building is prohibited. This means no forging or capturing!

2. You may build and upgrade any turret for the purpose of recruiting Flora.

3. You may not trigger any conversations in my castle.

4. No accessing other people's castles.

Penalties:

1. Use of an undrafted unit is a 10 turn penalty, or 15 turns if Dragon Veins are used by an undrafted unit.

Units:

Spoiler

Players/Teams:

1. Gradivus - Takumi/Kiragi, Elise, Reina, Hayato/Rhajat, Hinata/Hisame, Selena, Mozu, Kana, Second Servant, Lazlow/Soleil

2. Carmine Sword - Ryoma/Shiro, Hinoka, Kaze/Midori, Rinkah, Shura, Silas/Sophie, Charlotte, Flora, Orochi, Peri

3. XeKr - Xander/Siegbert, Camilla, Subaki/Caeldori, Oboro, Kagero, Dwyer, Arthur/Percy, Niles/Nina, Kaden/Selkie, Azama/Mitama

4. Bandido Banderas - Leo/Forrest, Sakura, Keaton/Velouria, Saizo/Asugi, Hana, Beruka, Benny/Ignatius, Fuga, Shigure, Setsuna

Remainders (free for all): Effie, Nyx, Odin/Ophelia

Edited by Bandido Banderas

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Sorry, don't have time for this!  However, will you allow a siege weapon, so someone can recruit Flora?

Refer to My Castle Rules, point 3.

I'm crazy, so I'll actually join this. The only was to make Revelations tolerable is to get it over with as fast as possible.

May I ask what is the purpose of the 2nd My Castle rule? I'm not sure why needing to restrict people to either Hoshidan or Nohrian shops is necessary.

Edited by Carmine Sword

13 hours ago, Carmine Sword said:

May I ask what is the purpose of the 2nd My Castle rule? I'm not sure why needing to restrict people to either Hoshidan or Nohrian shops is necessary.

I agree, allow all shops to be unlocked. Also remove the first part of My Castle rule 5, it prevents you from upgrading multiple shops at once, which there is no good reason for (and you can do whatever with the part about grinding 1 DVP before C7, I don't see it making a difference as it only affects Hero!Felicia).

I'm in.

Edited by Gradivus.

I'll join if you need a 4th.

The MyCastle rule might be relevant if you want to go Wyvern immediately and have access to Bronze Axes/Clubs. Or you could say no online DV grind to balance somewhat Wyvern vs. Cav talent (I don't actually know how exactly the balance works out but the flight seems useful).

Edited by XeKr

Changed My Castle Rule 2 to be less restrictive, but I will only allow one of each.

1. Gradivus
  2. Carmine Sword
  3. XeKr
  4. Bandido Banderas

List from random.org. Gradivus, you get to pick first brother.

On 16.2.2017 at 9:44 PM, Bandido Banderas said:

Changed My Castle Rule 2 to be less restrictive, but I will only allow one of each.

You should remove the rule entirely. I just don't see any merit to restricting that. Having both shops doesn't lead to any problems and is also one of the nice things about revelation.

Also, still remove (the first part of) My Castle Rule 5. See my last post for explanation.

Pick: Takumi

Edited by Gradivus.

I don’t care too much what the particular rule is (fine with current set), but let’s stick with something because the number of early heart seals, the weapons available, etc, might impact drafting/resource allocation/etc.

imo either

1.      No online mycastle, so you’re limited to DV points from chapters. The is most “pure” as you’re already restricting forging, capture, meals, etc, presumably because it’s inconsistent to get specific materials in a no online My Castle environment.

2.      Allow online mycastle features, including all the DV points, forges, meals, etc.

A mixture of restrictions, like the current set, might be the most balanced/interesting, but there aren’t too many Revelation drafts (to my knowledge) so it’s hard to say what rules are most appropriate. Again, @Bandido Banderas just give the final word, whatever your preference is, so we have something solid to draft on.  

tag @Carmine Sword for his pick

Edited by XeKr

Stuck with Leo. I'm also getting Sakura, since she can pull off any role I give her. @XeKr

10 hours ago, XeKr said:

imo either

1.      No online mycastle, so you’re limited to DV points from chapters. The is most “pure” as you’re already restricting forging, capture, meals, etc, presumably because it’s inconsistent to get specific materials in a no online My Castle environment.

2.      Allow online mycastle features, including all the DV points, forges, meals, etc.

To be honest, the rule as I wrote it was found in other Birthright/Conquest drafts, so that's why it's there - if all three of you want to remove/tweak it, I'm willing to bend.

I still agree with Gradivus that My Castle Rule 2 doesn't need to exist at all. All it does is cause people to arbitrarily lose turns because they don't have access to Staves/Heart Seals/Effective Weapons that they would otherwise have because of that rule. Also, I personally think that the rule also makes it really hard to justify picking the Staff Shop over the Rod Shop, since if you chose the Staff Shop you lose out on 3 Rescue Staves, and the only Rescue Staff outside of the shop (besides the one in Chapter 26 that comes too late to matter anyway) is the one in Chapter 7 which iirc is on the route that takes longer to reach the boss, so it also costs turns.

TL;DR : Rod Shop > Staff Shop, let everyone use all of the shops.