Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Birdy said:

Holy moly, I got 4600 and got placed rank 26.000. People have been getting scores fast and really high I believe, normally this would be good enough to be under 5k at the end.

I think your rank updated halfway through your streak. Wait another 15 minutes to get an accurate score as there is no way 4600 is less than the top 1k right now.

18 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

I think your rank updated halfway through your streak. Wait another 15 minutes to get an accurate score as there is no way 4600 is less than the top 1k right now.

Ah, you're right, how could I be so foolish >.< I thought the hour was already over, but it probably wasn't. Thanks!

Thanks aswell to @pianime94!

Edited by Birdy

Managed 4414 with one death, a 4 point increase from last week.  Using a new team of A!Tiki, Ephraim, Catria, and 4* Michalis.  If last week was any indication, this may or may not be good enough for top 30k by the end.

Notable skill inheritance includes Quick Riposte and Hone Spd on Tiki, Hone Spd Ephraim, Swordbreaker and Drawback on Catria, and Lancebreaker and Swap on Michalis.  While this team definitely has more potential than my horse emblem squad of the last couple weeks, it sure is harder to use...mages give me so much trouble. 

This morning was a let down. Never get so unlucky about foe and map together who put me in bad shape.

So, I've tried again just now. Finish with 4215 points. One death (thanks mage + dancer...) only... That let me... How can you have 4500 points ? Urgh...

Team is M!Robin, Hana, Lissa (with Res+3) and Michalis. Only M!Robin is 5*.

Arena this week was ridiculously hard with Spring Chrom, Julia, Eldigan, and Sharena.  Every match came against multiple merged units, including someone who likes Jagen a bit too much. After reading about someone else's team here, I went with Spring Chrom, Fury Ninian, Lucina, and Sharena. That got me my deathless run of 4578 where I didn't see a single merged or SI unit. It took about five extra crests this week than usual. 

Edited by Eridras

So I'm not the only one finding the arena really hard right now. I can barely win any matches regardless of what team I use...I haven't gotten a score past a pathetic 1000 in weeks. Though that's not saying much since the highest I've ever gotten period is about 3000.

Edited by Anacybele

Arena certainly is much harder now. I do hope they get that rework ready to go soon.

Was on a perfect streak until someone with a Linde, Nino, and Hector all came in to screw me over.
Did it again to only get barely over 3,800 points.
Damn the people who have more than 4,000...

I think Spring Chrom pushes my BST too high. The matches have all been super awful and it doesn't help I've been fighting almost entirely in the sewers with triple melee (none of which is flying). I keep ending up against scummy 3x +10 with a +0 to tank their BST, so my +0s miss every benchmark and Linde can't double anything. Two of Nino +10, Gronnblade+ Spring Camilla +10 and Blarblade+ Spring Lucina +10 on the same team is everywhere and it's just not something my team can handle. I really need a Nino or Julia, but the Nino I've got is a really sad -Atk, +Res. Even if I put a ton of resources into getting her from 3 to 5 stars, she'll be able to tank, but won't be winning the damage trades, since all those +10s will be doubling her.

Probably gonna have to drop down to using my crappy -Atk Spring Lucina to get myself out of scum zone.

With those flier banners coming up I literally run into a highly merged flier team every 3 matches. Doesn't help that I don't have a reliable mage tank and they always have that +10 Spring Camilla with Gronblade.

Wait until I can finish building Takumi damnit.

Edited by OKigen

All was going well....til freaking Linde showed up with Takumi. I can deal with one of them. Not both at the same time....Linde killed two of my units.

Is there any hope for those of us who haven't touched skill inheritance? Because some of these skills are getting ridiculously hard to counter.

Edited by Kiran

9 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Is there any hope for those of us who haven't touched skill inheritance? Because some of these skills are getting ridiculously hard to counter.

Wait for the April update and hang in there until then.  Or inherit skills.  Otherwise, no.

1 hour ago, Eridras said:

[Jagen pic]

Got to admire the dedication, if nothing else.  Not only did they spend at least 40k feathers on him, but they also sacrificed a Hector of all people.  It's weirdly inspiring.  

Last week 4564 was rank 3.9kish and it didn’t move much in the last few hours. That actually felt pretty safe surprisingly, and it was just a few points above some other scores reported that were about to or did fall out.

4* Palla is only 3 points less than 5* Robin(M) but that’s probably too much over 7 battles to stay in within top 5k. Maybe worth using up a Bartre.

2 hours ago, Eridras said:

After reading about someone else's team here, I went with Spring Chrom, Fury Ninian, Lucina, and Sharena. That got me my deathless run of 4578 where I didn't see a single merged or SI unit.

This is suspicious. Suspicious, I say! How can we have a similar team?!

I'm kidding. Congrats on the score!

I'm going to try to up my score--though I won't be too bothered if I can't make it past 4,570. Hope we can both stay in the top 5K! :)

1 hour ago, Dual Dragons said:

This is suspicious. Suspicious, I say! How can we have a similar team?!

I'm kidding. Congrats on the score!

I'm going to try to up my score--though I won't be too bothered if I can't make it past 4,570. Hope we can both stay in the top 5K! :)

It may have been you who I stole the team from. I read your post and thought, "Well shoot, I have those units except Fury is on Ninian instead of Chrom!  Let's go!"  Worked out perfectly, so thanks!  

I've gotten essentially the same score the past three weeks and gotten ~3900 each time, so we should be safe. 

Edited by Eridras

So for my arena team offense.  I been going with Red/Blue/Green/and bonus character I have of the highest level I have. So I been trying which will better unit for my green unit.  I normal Use Lucina for Red, and Robin M for Blue.  With Green I been use Robin F but I recently got LV40 Cherche 5*.  Do you think she would be a better choice for my green unit or should I stick with Robin F?

It might not be the most impressive score to grace this thread, but it's the highest I've ever gotten, so I'm still quite proud of it. We'll see rank when it updates. EDIT: Rank 819 as of now.

OMCSnNT.png

Edited by Ether

18 hours ago, eclipse said:

If Robin/Jakob can't handle them (read: Nino), Lucina baits them.  She's +Res, which means I can sort-of get away with it, and then Lucy walks up to her and beats her up.

On the lava map, it's a lot of kiting.  The underground waterway is slightly less tricky, since there's multiple paths down.  If I can get Nino to stand in front of a gap, she dies.

Is RobinM with TA just top tier right now? I've been running Takumi with my Nino and Eirika but he takes a good amount of damage from bow/dagger users while struggling with red tomes. RobinM with TA would do very well against Nino counters and I can't understand why he's so low on the wiki inheritance tier list. Sure his BST is not the best but he seems strong.

5 hours ago, Eridras said:

Arena this week was ridiculously hard with Spring Chrom, Julia, Eldigan, and Sharena.  Every match came against multiple merged units, including someone who likes Jagen a bit too much. After reading about someone else's team here, I went with Spring Chrom, Fury Ninian, Lucina, and Sharena. That got me my deathless run of 4578 where I didn't see a single merged or SI unit. It took about five extra crests this week than usual. 

IMG_7956.PNG

Congrats

That's really cool

1 hour ago, Ether said:

It might not be the most impressive score to grace this thread, but it's the highest I've ever gotten, so I'm still quite proud of it. We'll see rank when it updates. EDIT: Rank 819 as of now.

Reveal hidden contents

OMCSnNT.png

4,500+ is really impressive though, congrats.

Have to agree that the arena is getting harder. I've had to pull off some crazy strats to keep my streak yesterday, and my first streak was ruined by Linde/Hector/Tharja/Olivia on the last match. I've never been hard countered so badly before. That being said, my team is built to be as antimeta as possible, so most matches are usually perfect victories.

1 hour ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Found this nifty guide on reddit and decided to post it here in case anyone benefits from it: https://imgur.com/a/ka8FY

Huh, I never realized what was determining which way they'd go. That seems really helpful, especially for dealing with those ridiculous Nino teams.

Nino is actually a bit easier for my team to deal with this week because I had Camilla inherit Hone Atk, which lets Hector get just enough Atk to OHKO a lot of Ninos to take her out without allowing her to get in the lethal second hit. Bulkier Ninos could be an issue, though: I could have Camilla add Rally Attack back and maybe find a source for Spur Atk to boost Hector's Atk further, but I'd rather have her have utility skills if possible. I've been going with Reposition for now, but one of the HP-trade skills could be useful for keeping Hector's HP up, especially since Camilla isn't supposed to be getting hit anyway.