Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

*pant pant* After much frustration, I managed to score a personal best of 4830! I did it with a mixed run of Hector, Camus, Xander, and Celica for the first 3 matches, and then Camus, Xander, Cecilia, and Reinhardt for the last 4. I really don't like using Hector all that much, but his presence boosts the strength of the enemies I face to an average of 690. Tier 20, here I come!

My previous score was 4,810, which, as of earlier, was just above the cutoff mark for advancing to Tier 20 -- which certainly won't last.

My defense team of Est, Azura, Camus, and Reinhardt has scored twice this week. It's the first time I've tried color-stacking. Interesting to see it work! I'm sure that all the Arena quests have something to do with it.

Edited by Astellius

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, Astellius said:

*pant pant* After much frustration, I managed to score a personal best of 4830! I did it with a mixed run of Hector, Camus, Xander, and Celica for the first 3 matches, and then Camus, Xander, Cecilia, and Reinhardt for the last 4. I really don't like using Hector all that much, but his presence boosts the strength of the enemies I face to an average of 690. Tier 20, here I come!

My previous score was 4,810, which, as of earlier, was just above the cutoff mark for advancing to Tier 20 -- which certainly won't last.

My defense team of Est, Azura, Camus, and Reinhardt has scored twice this week. It's the first time I've tried color-stacking. Interesting to see it work! I'm sure that all the Arena quests have something to do with it.

With 4830 wil be not enough for reach tier 20 i have 4828 and its not enough i think.

Just now, ignis_z said:

With 4830 wil be not enough for reach tier 20 i have 4828 and its not enough i think.

Any evidence to support that (e.g., attrition rate trends for this score)? I'm nearly certain it will be enough. I had 4,810 earlier today and was ranked at around ~4,000 in the tier, so even that was above the cutoff for the moment. It gets significantly harder to obtain higher scores than even 4,820 if you don't have merged units or ones with high BST. 4,830 is ranked 2,681, which has a significant buffer between it and the cutoff. There's only a couple days left, it should be fine.

2 minutes ago, Astellius said:

Any evidence to support that (e.g., attrition rate trends for this score)? I'm nearly certain it will be enough. I had 4,810 earlier today and was ranked at around ~4,000 in the tier, so even that was above the cutoff for the moment. It gets significantly harder to obtain higher scores than even 4,820 if you don't have merged units or ones with high BST. 4,830 is ranked 2,681, which has a significant buffer between it and the cutoff. There's only a couple days left, it should be fine.

I have 4828, yesterday about 14:00 was 2327, today about this hour i was 2705, then i think It Will not enough, but you have 4830 2 points can save u. I hope It Will Be enough but i think not.... The last days the people Plays hard. I dont have merged units Too, and not have horses, amd hectors and reinhards and dollars jajaja but It doenst matter for nintendo. 

4 hours ago, XRay said:

Nice win there. I think I would have just given up if I saw that.

After I am done with my triple Reinhardt defense team. I think I will try to make a triple Hector defense team. If those Hectors all had Ward Armor, would that have been more difficult for you?

thanks!

omg..noooo! why are you doing these thiiiings?! (but yes Ward Armor would've probably been difficult, maybe impossible for me..i don't think -Atk Corn can ORKO a warded Hector even with the Moonbow...make those Hectors hard to kill)

41 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

thanks!

omg..noooo! why are you doing these thiiiings?! (but yes Ward Armor would've probably been difficult, maybe impossible for me..i don't think -Atk Corn can ORKO a warded Hector even with the Moonbow...make those Hectors hard to kill)

Sweet. I am only going to use three Hectors though, so if you do face it, it should not be too bad. Haha.

I need the last slot to be filled with a bonus unit.

On 6/30/2017 at 0:49 AM, Ice Dragon said:

I got lazy. I could have gunned for 5,180 again, but 鏡mochi's team dropped from 740 points to 738 halfway through the run, and I ended up spending a bit more than 50 orbs hunting for わぁい's team before I gave up and just settled for lower scores on my last 3 matches. Ugh. That's 50 orbs I could have saved to expand my barracks when update 1.5 hits.

Tier 20

Score: 5,174 (deathless, 728-740)
Defense: 598 (9)

Offense team:

+10 Hinoka [+Atk, -HP] (Brave Lance+, Blazing Wind, Life and Death 3, Hone Fliers)
+10 Tiki (Mystery) [+Spd, -HP] (Lightning Breath+, Reciprocal Aid, Aether, Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 3, Fortify Dragons)
+10 Ninian [+Spd, -Res] (Lightning Breath+, Dance, Aether, Triangle Adept 3, Escape Route 3, Fortify Dragons, S HP +3)
+10 Fae [+Atk, -Def] (Lightning Breath+, Reciprocal Aid, Aether, Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 3, Fortify Dragons)

Since we had to do a million Arena runs for the Voting Gauntlet quests, I got bored and ended up trying again. This only took something like all of my dueling sword restores and 5-10 orbs this time.

Spoiler

BVr9c9C.jpg

Tier 20

Score: 5,180 (deathless, 728-740)
Defense: 598 (10+)

I ended up finding the teams worth 740 points a lot more easily this time. 鏡mochi's team is back up at 740 points (previously 738) and @Whistle's team got there, too (previously 728?). I think I ended up beating 鏡mochi's team 3 times and Whistle's team 4 times (or maybe it was the other way around). I don't know where わぁい's team was hiding, though.

Whistle, though, 'grats on your defense team. Honestly, it wasn't hard to beat at all since my team is basically all Triangle Adept dragons, but it was pretty fun. I realized halfway through my second match that even without Fortify Dragons, Tiki still took zero damage from Hector and could double attack on player phase, which helped me deal with Panic Ploy a bit more effectively. Basically, I could separate Tiki from the rest of my team and let her charge in and roast Hectors unbuffed on her own accord.

One thing I found interesting was that all three of the 740-point teams are running two green armors, which means Tiki has Aether fully charged after the killing the second one, which lets her one-round kill Draug since Ninian isn't fast enough to double attack, and I'm not using Nowi on this team.

2 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

@Ice Dragon so is 740 the highest possible score? Or is that just the highest you can find with your team?

Grats on the #1 rank.

I do believe it's possible to get more than 740 per run, but that requires there to be someone with a defense team worth more than 740 points to begin with, and I don't think any such team currently exists.

1 minute ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

*bows down to @Ice Dragon* This is the coolest thing ever. You're on top of the world right now!

I'm just happy I didn't have to bend over backwards to build this team this time.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm just happy I didn't have to bend over backwards to build this team this time.

It's beyond impressive!!! Props for all the dedication. You definitely deserve the #1 spot. I've seen a few dragon teams in the Arena, and they're always difficult to deal with.

I spent 3 Crests just trying to get better match-ups, and it simply refused to give me any match-ups above 688.  I finally got a 692, but this reminds me why I don't go fishing for better scores.

That only raised my score to 4830, which is rank 2725/4097.  I guess we'll see if that's enough to move up to Tier 20 next week, but this is getting a bit annoying.

44 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

I also typically don't fish, especially when we get tons of Arena quests like this that encourage just doing a large number of matches. When there's dozens of matches involved, I figure one of these strings has to give me something at least halfway decent.

I pretty much never fish, but all of my scores were still giving me just 4828, which I guess is about 689-690 average.  And for some reason, even when I did fish I was getting even worse ones than normal.

I went and promoted my extra Ursula to merge, and for some reason, my match-ups are consistently worse than before the merger.

Edited by Rezzy

4 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

That mostly sounds like bad luck. I've been kinda missing out on big ones the last few streaks. Last week and the one before I got one or two 698-700s in my scores, but I haven't seen much above 694.

I got a couple good matches to finish out the latest streak, but I wound up with the exact same score of 4830.  I might finish out another before the season ends.  The only reason I've had so many runs this week was all the Quests we've had to do Arena.

I'm surprised that I am apparently at the edge of staying in T20 with my score of 4870, with still a bit more than 200 spots to lose before I fall off. Did not expect the possibility to present itself so soon and assumed a necessity for more players at this rank. Anyone knows where the threshold was for staying in T20 last season? Admittedly, I got lucky with Hinoka being a bonus unit, but I wouldn't mind the extra 1k feathers twice in a row.

Should I worry about Nino more than I do Hector? I see Hector in like 90% of the teams, and Nino's only really about half of those or whatever.

7 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I got a couple good matches to finish out the latest streak, but I wound up with the exact same score of 4830.  I might finish out another before the season ends.  The only reason I've had so many runs this week was all the Quests we've had to do Arena.

4828 RANK 2998- Not enough for 20 :(, the last day dollars tryhards do to much points.

Edited by ignis_z

25 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

Should I worry about Nino more than I do Hector? I see Hector in like 90% of the teams, and Nino's only really about half of those or whatever.

Nino is a threat to >Losing to Hector in 2017

So yes

Didn't this game, liek, come out this year.

For the record Sanaki 1-shots and Athena is stupid either way, but he's on like 90% of the teams. The biggest threat I've faced so far was Blade Spring Camilla.

Edited by Soul~!

5 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

Didn't this game, liek, come out this year.

For the record Sanaki 1-shots and Athena is stupid either way, but he's on like 90% of the teams. The biggest threat I've faced so far was Blade Spring Camilla.

Srsly though since hes an Armor and he normally did not run Wary/Brave Hector isnt really a threat unless your team is just poorly built. You happen to have Sanaki to one shot him so he(and Nino) shouldnt be a problem on their own

Hes common but that only goes as far as affecting you by giving free win 80% of the time