Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Astellius said:

Well, we were talking about Lucina. And there is at least one point about the original Lucina that separates her from all subsequent Lucinas in this game.

Do you not read what I type? Summer Lucina and CYL Lucina don’t wield the Falchion. Masked Marth is, well, masked.

Next you’re going to tell me the mysterious singer in Cyrkensia was, in fact, Azura. Such nonsense.

29 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Do you not read what I type? Summer Lucina and CYL Lucina don’t wield the Falchion. Masked Marth is, well, masked.

Next you’re going to tell me the mysterious singer in Cyrkensia was, in fact, Azura. Such nonsense.

Wait did you tell me Sirius is not Camus?

12 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Does this mean someone fought bravely until the very end? Or is this a bug?

Defense wins gotten from AA don't get doubled for having a bonus unit.

16 hours ago, Hawk King said:

Really? That would be surprising because i only get bonus unit Defense wins, which would imply all my Defense win are from Arena and not Arena Assault, which i doubt is the case oO?

18 hours ago, Hawk King said:

2 hours ago, Hilda said:

Really? That would be surprising because i only get bonus unit Defense wins, which would imply all my Defense win are from Arena and not Arena Assault, which i doubt is the case oO?

Perhaps the lower score defense wins are from matchups where the attacking party chooses"easy"? 

5 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Perhaps the lower score defense wins are from matchups where the attacking party chooses"easy"? 

5 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Huh. That's interesting. I guess that means this is my first AA defense win. Neat!

7 hours ago, Hilda said:

The lower scores are half of the normal defense wins and only started showing up after we were told that AA defense wins would start to be counted. I get the lower defense wins once in a while even though I keep my defense team the same throughout an entire season. It's the only explanation for the lower scores. 

I've now got four Defense Wins, which is better than last week, but still well below my average.

I should be going back into Tier 20 next week, at rank 5264/9627 to go up.

Arena Assault, I'm currently at rank 4591 with a score of 4864.  I guess we'll see if I stay below the 5K mark.  Aren't we supposed to be finding out what Sacred Coins do this month?

6 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

That is what was announced. The month is young, though. Can't wait, either.

There's been some speculation we might be getting an update tonight, so maybe they'll datamine what the heck they do.  I've got like 150 just sitting in my inventory.

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I've got like 150 just sitting in my inventory.

I'm jelly.

Also, I'll take any update right now, just more info would be nice.

EDIT: I mistook coins for orbs, but still, jelly, because I want those as well, there. Even though I have no clue what they do.

Edited by MonkeyCheez3K

So... has anyone ran into any particularly annoying teams lately consisting of Brave Axe Frederick, LnD3 Elincia, LnD3 Brave Bridelia, and TA3 Blarraven Shigure, under the name "Ishi" and with Freddy as the leading unit?

Asking for... a very concerned friend who got 10 defense wins with this very team in the last week and is very confused as to why.

Edited by Xenomata

On 10/7/2017 at 2:40 AM, mampfoid said:

Actually, that results in a higher defense score. An opponent that matches with you as "easy" (i.e. your team is weaker than theirs) necessarily has a higher score than an opponent that matches with you as "advanced" (i.e. your team is stronger than theirs).

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Actually, that results in a higher defense score. An opponent that matches with you as "easy" (i.e. your team is weaker than theirs) necessarily has a higher score than an opponent that matches with you as "advanced" (i.e. your team is stronger than theirs).

When choosing "easy" with a not too strong team (i.e. to solve the AA daily missions), the enemy team is often "incomplete". Below Level 40, not all skills equipped etc. I thought they would give defense teams this as a kind of penalty to match the score range, when chosen as "easy" matchup. 

Apparently 4,866 is no longer enough to stay in AA top 5k, but I managed to last-minute improve to a much more secure 4,886 by dumping all my upgraded seals onto my armor team.

Got 4,870 in regular arena with BK, Effie, Hector, and Performer Azura, which is very solidly in the threshold to move up to Tier 20. Two weeks ago, I slipped down into 18 for the first time in quite a while, so I'm glad to not repeat that. Wonder how far off the cutoff to stay in Tier 20 is?

Weekly report:

• Tier 20 score of 4982 (Nowi +10, Nino +7 with Aether, Eirika +1, Performing Inigo +1) - #1613/4493
  • Arena Assault score of 5010 (Nowi +10, Nino +7 with Aether, Eirika +1, Ike) - #1150 :>_<:

Getting really annoyed. I've almost got 100 000 feathers. If the game would only throw a couple more Ninos at me, I might have a real chance of getting back into the top 1000. I guess it could alternatively give me more Chroms or Lucinas so they can pad things out better than Ike (or, I guess, more Ikes, but fat chance there). However, I"m not pulling reds because I'm still poking at the refresher banner, so, uh... yeah. More Ninos, please.

Edited by Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi

8 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Arena Assault score of 5010 (Nowi +10, Nino +7 with Aether, Eirika +1, Ike) - #1150 :>_<:

5058 is rank #764

Another week of staying in Tier 20 and being top 1000 for AA for me. I love it when Sophia puts in the work.

Finally got my highest score at 4884 on my second account, and am now at Tier 20 again. Made a new team of Armour Emblem w/ Askr unit and upgraded the Distant Defense seal to the max to finally sometimes get 700 point battles (highest was 702). It was rank 10xx last I checked before the arena season ended (it was very last minute)

Team was:

Hector - S support- +Spd/-Atk - Bonfire, Pivot, Distant Counter, Vantage, Goad Armor, Panic Ploy 1 SS

Amelia- +Atk/-Res - Bonfire, Swap, no A slot (need SP), Desperation, Armor March, Spur Def 1 SS (will be Brave Axe+ someday hence the Desperation but need more SP. Still quite like her bulk now although I'm planning on LaD build)

Black Knight +1- Black Luna, Pivot, Steady Breath, Wings of Mercy, Ward Armor, Distant Defense 3 SS

Alfonse- Draconic Aura, Reposition, Death Blow, Swordbreaker, Spur Atk 3, Hardy Bearing

Alfonse was actually very useful since he is my emergency sword unit check since I had no room for Blues in the team. Reposition also really help in those tight maps like the damn lava map.

Overall was very satisfied even though Amelia isn't complete yet. Her C skill really helps, and sacrificing my first -Atk B!Ike to Black Knight really pulled off. Only met cavalry in the 7th battle (annoyingly enough thanks to some merged Reins and Lyns) but I somehow managed to escape having someone fall even though the Black Knight was staring down at a Brave Roy and Catria. (Strangely enough Catria was 4 star although I didn't check how many merges she had).

I imagine things will be smoother once Sharena comes as a bonus unit (who I need to promote) since I'll have an actual Blue unit. Not sure who to drop when Anna comes around though.