Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

17 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

True, but 690 is just my average, so if I fish for higher scores, I can get higher then 4830. I managed to score 4842 last week, which I think will be enough to get into tier 20 this time.

Also, your opponents only being worth 690 points doesn't mean those teams can only get that number of points themselves.

u got the true, also, tier 19 FTP is a good meta really good meta XD

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As expected, I fell back to Tier 19 this week, but I completed a deathless runĀ and I think I'm in a good position to return to tier 20 next season.

Currently sitting at rank 618 with a score of 4842 and the cut-off point is at rank 3183.

No defense wins for the moment.

Tier 19 score of 4842 (no deaths; no surrenders; 690, 690, 692, 690, 692, 694, 694; Nowi +2, Athena, Eirika 5*, Nino +4):

• Jun 27 1:00PM PT - #647 (/3337 to Tier 20)

I'm reasonably sure this is going to be enough to advance. It's still pretty early in the week, but a gap of nearly 2700 is pretty non-trivial, especially since the threshold is likely to expand drastically over the next couple days (then the real bleed-out starts). Disappointingly, not super scores (698+) to be seen, but the fights weren't much easier. Of particular note was the final 694, which included a nasty-as-hell-triple-rainbow-blade-horses team on the checkerboard map. Perhaps the oddest thing that let me win because Nino, but would have been troublesome if I was relying more on my melee to brute force through the mages is that they all had Close Counter and Vantage 3. Through some serious movement shenanigans and breaking absolutely nothing myself, I separated Leo to the right and Cecilia with Camus to the left. Reinblade went center. I knew I was on a serious time limit, though, since the place is really just an open field once the obstacles are gone and the enemy had much superior movement. Still, Repositioning shenanigans got Nowi from all the way on the left to the right to be in position to chase Leo, while Nino used her to Draw Back up into Reinblade range. Once Reinblade went down, the enemy tried to regroup, but they weren't close enough for buffsā€”just somewhat overlapping range. Somewhat, because I was able to get Cecilia on the left corner and Leon on the right. While they committed suicide, Camus charged straight up and smashed the block in front of Nino, giving her a freebie on him. Things might have been more problematic if Cecilia had G Tomebreaker instead of being part of the high-Atk counterbomb strat, but then again, if things played out just as they had except with me being unable to bait her with Nino, I think my Athena shouldn't have had any problem ganking Cecilia once Nowi Repositioned her up there.

Also managed to snag 7 wins overnight (sorry, Othin, if that was really you >.>), which is just shy of the same level of crazy as last Sat. My highest is 580, which is usually my average, but there's an awful lot of 574s on the list this week. Guess I'll just chalk it up to really weird RNG.

It seems tier 20 is incredibly hard to stay on. I got a deathless streak of 4846 and I'm in rank 610 with a cut-off 1132, I couldĀ try andĀ fish for nothing but 700 for a 4900 score but I'm not sure it's worth it.

Edited by Alexmender

0.0 My one defense win turned into 4. I think this is the most I've ever gotten in a week. I suppose Arena quests + voting gauntlet quests have something to do with that. Maybe people are just rushing through things to get the rewards.

23 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

0.0 My one defense win turned into 4. I think this is the most I've ever gotten in a week. I suppose Arena quests + voting gauntlet quests have something to do with that. Maybe people are just rushing through things to get the rewards.

Yeah, I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever got four defence wins on the first day of a wins. Gauntlet quests do matter.

10 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Yeah, I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever got four defence wins on the first day of a wins. Gauntlet quests do matter.

I don't think I've ever gotten 4 defense wins in a week period. The closest I've gotten is 3, and that was before the last big Arena update.

I had 4 defense wins by the end of the first day last season. I haven't gotten a single one.

Maybe I should use Katarina to hide Reinhardt, Olwen and Azura.

8 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I don't think I've ever gotten 4 defense wins in a week period. The closest I've gotten is 3, and that was before the last big Arena update.

I had 8 wins once back inā€¦ March or April?

17 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I had 8 wins once back inā€¦ March or April?

Oh man. Those are some goals right there. Though I'm pretty content as long as I get one. (Multiple wins is just nice for my ego.)

It's weird, but ever since I put Hector on my team, I've been getting a lot of defense wins. Ā I used to get hardly any, but nowĀ I consider a week with less than 8-10Ā wins a slowĀ week.Ā Ā He's pretty muchĀ a free kill when I'm playing in the arena, but I guess some teams struggle against him. Ā Mine has Vantage and Ignis. Ā 

9 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

It's weird, but ever since I put Hector on my team, I've been getting a lot of defense wins. Ā I used to get hardly any, but nowĀ I consider a week with less than 8-10Ā wins a slowĀ week.Ā Ā He's pretty muchĀ a free kill when I'm playing in the arena, but I guess some teams struggle against him. Ā Mine has Vantage and Ignis. Ā 

The thing about Hector is that while he's average at fighting fights, he's one of the best at wiping teams.

Good def, high atk, and 1-2 range counter means that Vantage builds can very much threaten a team-wipe if everyone took some prior damage from other units. Effie, Zephiel etc. perform similarly as well, but suffer from having a weaker Prf (or none at all in Effie's case), as well as needing to invest a Hector for Distant Counter anyway.

Ā 

If you're fighting people who only care about wins, then being good at winning fights doesn't matter nearly as much as being able to wipe a team. A unit good at winning fights is also good at dying in fights (this is because all your atk and spd has to come from somewhere, hp, def, res, which makes you glass), whereas Hector has the armor BST and good Prf to be 'decent' at winning fights and amazing at wiping teams---relatively speaking, everyone's bad at wiping teams.

Xander, Ryoma, and Camus have 1-2 range Prfs, and can run a similar set, but none of them have Hector's raw BST that makes him so good at wiping teams. If color wasn't a consideration, then anything that can kill Hector, as well as a good bunch who can't, would be able to kill those 3 as well. Meanwhile, anything those three can counter-kill, Hector can counter-kill thanks to his amazing Prf, while also being able to pack Vantage for team-wiping ability. Xander wants QR, and, sure, Ryoma and Camus can pack Vantage, but they're far easier to ORKO than Hector.

2 hours ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Distant Counter and Vantage will do this for you. For me, I know I used to attack to try to finish an enemy off, and I would go to quick and not realize that they had Vantage and that I was the one who would be dying.

I added Hector and a +1 Ryoma at the same time and the Defense wins started pouring in.

15 hours ago, LuxSpes said:

As expected, I fell back to Tier 19 this week, but I completed a deathless runĀ and I think I'm in a good position to return to tier 20 next season.

Currently sitting at rank 618 with a score of 4842 and the cut-off point is at rank 3183.

No defense wins for the moment.

with 4842 u can stay 19 - 20 all the time its cool

Edited by ignis_z

4 hours ago, ignis_z said:

with 4842 u can stay 19 - 20 all the time its cool

Yeah, at this point I don't think I'll fall back to tier 18 unless I don't have a good enough bonus unit.

17 hours ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Also managed to snag 7 wins overnight (sorry, Othin, if that was really you >.>), which is just shy of the same level of crazy as last Sat. My highest is 580, which is usually my average, but there's an awful lot of 574s on the list this week. Guess I'll just chalk it up to really weird RNG.

I've been losing to a lot of people lately, so probably. :p

Is there a maximum of 99 Dueling Crests? I've been saving up and don't seem to be able to go over that number. Which just gives me more reason to spend them and get more chances to get a deathless run and finally make it into 20, I guess.

7 minutes ago, Othin said:

I've been losing to a lot of people lately, so probably. :p

Is there a maximum of 99 Dueling Crests? I've been saving up and don't seem to be able to go over that number. Which just gives me more reason to spend them and get more chances to get a deathless run and finally make it into 20, I guess.

You can go over. I have somewhere in the ballpark of 113.

*Checks* Excuse me, 123.

Tier 19 score of 4842 (no deaths; no surrenders; 690, 690, 692, 690, 692, 694, 694; Nowi +2, Athena, Eirika 5*, Nino +4):

• Jun 27 1:00PM PT - #647 (/3337 to Tier 20)
  • Jun 28 4:25PM PT - #1182 (/3938 to Tier 20)

Current three streak has some pretty low numbers, so chances of improving my score when I have to do the new Gauntlet quests tonight are slim. Probably doesn't matter if I don't, though. Defenses are up to 12 total, with 582 being my highest.

I boosted my score up to 4850, but I'm still only rank 1029/4349 in Tier 20. Ā 1304 is the cut off for staying right now, butĀ I think I will drop down past that later in the week. Ā Oh well, this is my best score ever, so I'm happy anyway! Ā ;):

Team: Hector, Anna, Reinhardt (+2), Olivia (+1)

So, I got another streak of 5064, which is the same point value...but this one I made sure to pay extra attention to character rarities, so I'll just use the new screenshot for teams faced =P . Anyways...5064 (T20):

6:30am PDT 6/27: 82

6am PDT 6/28: 144

6:30am PDT 6/29: 184

Teams faced:

Spoiler

XYA7Y9L.png

Cutoff is 1305, so I'm safe. Highest Def score is now 588, which is interesting...I don't think I've seen more than 586 with the tier system before now.

Edited by LordFrigid