Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

7 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Nope, she can't. But I like her ATK stat and ... well, Galeforce stuff. Actually Cordelia is the only one on my arena team with the ability to tank mages (but only red). Btw: Cordelia & Co. don't have trouble killing dragons. :-) 

my Clair doesnt have a problem killing dragons either!

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Hilda said:

my Clair doesnt have a problem killing dragons either!

I understood from the other topic you thought them OP, it was it just from the perspective of ranged units? 

Btw: sleep is calling

Edited by mampfoid

6 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I understood from the other topic you thought them OP, it was it just from the perspective of ranged units? 

Btw: sleep is calling

yeah, melees with triangle advantage or a high RES built can deal with them fine  (Clair for example takes 0 dmg from Nowi and Tiki and on Fort tiles even from Fae and Myrrh).

9 minutes ago, Hilda said:

yeah, melees with triangle advantage or a high RES built can deal with them fine  (Clair for example takes 0 dmg from Nowi and Tiki and on Fort tiles even from Fae and Myrrh).

I saw from your videos that she take  magical damage seldom, but she relies on her special to deal damage herself. 

On 21/02/2018 at 12:31 PM, Hawk King said:

Lol, yeah. I sent a friend request, you accepted. Dang it was like 3 or 4 weeks ago, maybe longer. It's hard to remember, but I seem to recall Nino being a pain in the ass with draw back and I believe they might have gotten a kill, but I went with it anyway because I already had a 7 win streak for the week. Eirika may have killed my Ike with Swordbreaker? 

That's my Eirika, alright. Her default B skill is Swordbreaker.

Well, I just set a new personal record for both the Arena and Arena Assault. My freshly completed +10 A. Tiki helped push my score up to 5,042 in the Arena and 5,032 for AA. My previous record had been 5,002 for the Arena and 5k for AA. I'll probably try for better in the Arena closer to the end of the season.

But man, so many dragons in Arena Assault at this level. So. many. dragons..! 

So i swapedoutmy def team after they got somebonus wins with Azama healer squad. 

+9 Elise

+2 Priscilla

+10 Bride Lyn and

+ 10 Azama

obliterated 8 Teams with their weath dazzling, savage blow& multiple stat effect debuufs lol

I guessmodt are loosing to Elise or to Bride Lyn while Azama is just annoying with 39 def and 40 res

39 minutes ago, Hilda said:

+ 10 Azama

With the right build he is a nightmare. Especially for Teams who depend on enemy phase like mine (Ok, healers in General). Especially on maps with Def tiles.
Hope they learned their lessons. At least you have no bait unit on the Team.That's pretty fair.

On 2/22/2018 at 5:31 AM, Hawk King said:

This was your team. So that would have been the week I was running Myrrh. The score would have been between 720 and 730. No, that seems way too high for your team. I think I already had a 7 win streak so I might have been messing around with some of my other teams. Or maybe it was the intermediate team and I picked it because I recognized your name and lead unit? Either way it was at the very least 710.

Totally realized I never replied to this. Cool though. I'm honestly surprised my team's that high. It's pretty cool knowing I'm over 700 at least. XD For some reason I assumed I'd be much much lower.

25 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Totally realized I never replied to this. Cool though. I'm honestly surprised my team's that high. It's pretty cool knowing I'm over 700 at least. XD For some reason I assumed I'd be much much lower.

I would estimate that whatever the lowest deathless scores you see in the Advanced difficulty would be where the team you are facing would be. So if the scores you are seeing range from 720-732, your team is probably worth close to 720.

I upped my Arena score to 5,056. I think that's around the best I can do at this point, at least not without some major fishing. I'm about 1,400 slots above the cutoff, so I think that should be sufficient to remain in T20. I'll see if I can't get a better score in AA as well!

i cant believe i am having a blast with the Healer squad in Arena assaults lol

Azama with 39 Def and 40 Res can take hits like a champ from those slow dragon units and mages lulz, thx to Guard 3 he also has evolved into a Reinhardt Bait.
I need to make a compilation of 3 Angels for Azama!!! this is just to delicious seeing full Dragon Emblem with Grima Robin, Myrrh, Nowi and Tiki loose to a Healer squad. Problems arise when a Gronnblade mage rises up (depends on the buffs the PT can give out) and its nearly impossible win against a Triangle adept Litrraven unit. But they are few and far inbetween, but thinking about giving someone Cancel Affinity.

I got 5040 for Arena this week, but it looks like that's still not enough to stay in Tier 20 this week.  I guess until I can field another +10 unit in addition to my Titania, I won't be able to stay in Tier 20.  Here's to hoping I can get my self some more Rachels soon.  Sadly I did not get any last banner, despite fishing for Blues for Hardin.  I didn't get any more Subakis for QR, either.  My Blue pulls were a bit disappointing in general last time.

My Armor Emblem team netted me 3 Defense wins so far this week.  It's a far cry from getting 10+ all the time, like I used to, but at least it's something.  I wonder if the general lack of merges has been hurting my D teams.

Edited by Rezzy

36 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

My Armor Emblem team netted me 3 Defense wins so far this week.  It's a far cry from getting 10+ all the time, like I used to, but at least it's something.  I wonder if the general lack of merges has been hurting my D teams.

Same here (3 wins after weeks of 10+), strange since last week had the same maps. 

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Same here (3 wins after weeks of 10+), strange since last week had the same maps. 

Are they the same?  I was thinking they switched every week for some reason, but I haven't been paying too close attention.

It's sad that even fishing won't let me stay in Tier 20.  My score is an average of 720 per match, and the highest I've seen was 722.

18 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Are they the same?  I was thinking they switched every week for some reason, but I haven't been paying too close attention.

It's sad that even fishing won't let me stay in Tier 20.  My score is an average of 720 per match, and the highest I've seen was 722.

Uh, I thought they would change with the bonus units? I'm not sure. 

I won't to stay in Tier 20 soon, even if it'll be interesting to see how the expected incoming heap of blessings and the announced new arena scoring (makes fishing easier) will change things. I still hope for Cordelia to be on the 4* banner to make her +10. Also BH!Roy on a banner would help my score. 

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I won't to stay in Tier 20 soon, even if it'll be interesting to see how the expected incoming heap of blessings and the announced new arena scoring (makes fishing easier) will change things. I still hope for Cordelia to be on the 4* banner to make her +10. Also BH!Roy on a banner would help my score. 

It's too bad that the Rachel doesn't have any skills worth inheriting, because I want to +10 her, so I can get a second +10 on my team to make staying in Tier 20 at least possible.  I forget if she gets Renewal or Res Tactic 3 at 4*.  I wish they were a bit more lax with how many they let stay in Tier 20 week to week, since it seems there's a logjam at the highest tier.

3 hours ago, mampfoid said:

The map set changes every week. The bonus units change every two weeks.

My Ike and Nowi have been S-supported ever since supports were introduced, and now they are going to have to break-up when I switch to an all +10 team for my AA runs :(:. He is only +8. I have used them for so long that it is going to be weird finding new synergy with another unit.

Am I the only one who hasn't used a single blessing yet? I have 15 water blessings and 4-5 of the others, but I have no idea who I should give them to. I should probably research them a bit before these new modes come out.

2 hours ago, Hawk King said:

My Ike and Nowi have been S-supported ever since supports were introduced, and now they are going to have to break-up when I switch to an all +10 team for my AA runs :(:. He is only +8. I have used them for so long that it is going to be weird finding new synergy with another unit.

Am I the only one who hasn't used a single blessing yet? I have 15 water blessings and 4-5 of the others, but I have no idea who I should give them to. I should probably research them a bit before these new modes come out.

I've only used a few of mine.  I've only used 4 so far, I believe.

Wow, you've got four +10 units?  I've only got one.

AA is infested with Valentine's Lyns and I don't have enough reliable counters, so screw it, I'll take my deaths and rank somewhere in the 20000s again. Might even just cop it on the chin and do full intermediate runs instead in future. Fortunately it's demotion week in regular Arena so I'll happily take my lowest score this year because it matters not a bit.

Apparently it's water and earth season next week so I'll have the choice of running Fjorm or neo-Ike once he arrives, gets levelled and properly built. Not looking forward to seeing the score inflation now that everyone will have both of them. Means I'll have to run a fully-blessed team as well so there will be some decisions to make.

Edited by Humanoid