Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Because no one has done so yet, the next bonus heroes:

Ohhh! This week I have a lot of freedom. I'll probably go with Nowi because she's easier to use and Sheena is still incomplete.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

BLOODY YES

I think my team is going to be Marth, Micaiah, Sharena, and Myrrh.

Feels like forever that she was last used as a bonus.

..Unfortunately the only 5 star in my main account that's a bonus is said Sharena. Fjorm was actually really useful bumping up my score and actually making me go to Tier 20 twice so I'm going to miss her.

Not sure if current Sharena build has great synergy with my current team though. Maybe I'll give her a positional or something.

The only other option is a +Atk/-Spd Nowi that I need to train from 4 star. 

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

Feels like forever that she was last used as a bonus.

Yeah, I’ve used my current team of Alfonse, Micaiah, Fjorm, and Myrrh for almost three rotations. It’s incredible.

Hm... I figured Alm would be a bonus unit this week. Man. I really, really wish I had enough dew to upgrade his weapon. ;A; He'll still be useful even without it though, so I can run Windsweep Alm to hopefully KO some dragons. I'm expecting to see a lot of them. ...I may actually run Hardin as well... I had been thinking about running Grima, but IDK how well I'll do running three greens plus Alm. Maybe it'll be fine. Who knows? But Hardin would be good to replace Fjorm.... I'll have to run some BST stuff in the Arena calculator.

Hmm, my current Water Blessing holders are Olivia and Bridelia, and it's it being water week, the smart thing to do would probably be to add a green unit to round out the team. I don't have Grima so that means giving a Water Blessing to Michalis, hmm. I guess that's fine, don't have to match up his blessings because he's not in my primary flier team. I have Alm, but running him alongside Olivia (who is my highest value unit alongside Fjorm) would be a bit restrictive.

The alternative would be to build an Earth team from scratch. Say, new Ike plus dragon team. I doubt I'd commit that many Earth blessings right now before the new mode opens though.

Ah, Nowi. That means two care-free weeks of not changing anything, suits me well.

Btw, how do people know the elements? Is it in the Japanese I can't read or am I just not finding the symbols in the announcement? Or is there a fixed rotation I'm not aware of? Wouldn't surprise me anymore; I tend to overlook a lot of details on this game for some reason (me being a doofus).

Edited by MonkeyCheez3K

8 hours ago, Hawk King said:

Am I the only one who hasn't used a single blessing yet? I have 15 water blessings and 4-5 of the others, but I have no idea who I should give them to. I should probably research them a bit before these new modes come out.

Zero blessings applied so far (got all free blessings plus I've from each Ike & Gunnthrá). I'll give one to each of my arena core team when we know more about the new mode). 

8 hours ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

The map set changes every week. The bonus units change every two weeks.

I keep forgetting this fact, thanks! 

49 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

@Vaximillian Sharena is finally back as a bonus unit

other bonus units are Alm, Celica, Sheena, Lukas, Michalis and all the new Fallen units

Nowi is part of my core so that works out. Although i expect a lot of Falchions running around though..

Welcome back Sharena. But the 1*/2* are still out as it seems. 

I'll run Alm against these dragons. 

12 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Welcome back Sharena. But the 1*/2* are still out as it seems. 

I think they might be replacing that rotation with a GHB rotation. Lloyd was a bonus hero in the last set and Michalis, who follows Lloyd in the daily GHB rotation, is one in this next set.

29 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

Ah, Nowi. That means two care-free weeks of not changing anything, suits me well.

Btw, how do people know the elements? Is it in the Japanese I can't read or am I just not finding the symbols in the announcement? Or is there a fixed rotation I'm not aware of? Wouldn't surprise me anymore; I tend to overlook a lot of details on this game for some reason (me being a doofus).

The wiki has a page with the upcoming schedule.

EDIT: And if you follow the link there it appears that the seasonal elements are just part of the regular datamines each update.

Edited by Humanoid

13 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I think they might be replacing that rotation with a GHB rotation. Lloyd was a bonus hero in the last set and Michalis, who follows Lloyd in the daily GHB rotation, is one in this next set.

The 1*/2* were better for merging, because of their availability in the 3*/4* pool though.  

33 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

The wiki has a page with the upcoming schedule.

EDIT: And if you follow the link there it appears that the seasonal elements are just part of the regular datamines each update.

I see, always missing that small detail from somewhere else. But good to know, thx.

Okay. Ran the calculations, and I think I'll just run Raven, Merric, Alm, and Fjorm. Fjorm's water blessing will come in handy. I don't think I'll get enough dew in time to refine Alm's Falchion, but he'll still do pretty well against them dragons.

At the moment I have 5066 in both Arena and AA which is kind of funny. It's my highest score yet in Arena, but I can feel people getting more and more competitive since my rank feels a bit lower than it did last week. In normal Arena, I'm rank 4052/5436. In AA I'm 2883, so I expect to get pushed out of the top 3k. Top 5k is totally doable though. I've also got 10 defense wins! I got significantly more after I started running Galeforce Raven. XD

@Hawk King - I've only used one blessing so far. I'm sitting on 5 of Earth, Water, and Wind and 3 of Fire. I want to use them...but I think I'll just wait and see what the new mode looks like first.

8 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I've only used a few of mine.  I've only used 4 so far, I believe.

Wow, you've got four +10 units?  I've only got one.

7 of them actually. Only 4 of them are decked out with high scoring skills/worth a lot though. Lukas, Nowi, Cherche, Caeda, Serra, Brave Lyn, and Amelia. All but Amelia and Lyn were gotten mostly by spending lots and lots of feathers. I could also +10 Fjorm and Sigurd but I'm undecided on the natures  for them.

Speaking of which, Nowi AND Lukas are bonus units next week?? They are my 1st two +10s and cores units on my team. Looks like I will be running a full team of +10s in normal Arena as well as AA.

Guess ill run my +10 Lukas! that covers all melees. Now i think ischould bring also +10 Deirdra to cover Dragons, best counter for grima and Nowi. Just have to give her deathblow and attack seal desperation and brash assault

Welp I was planning to use the Celica I got from the banner for this week, but Nowi being a bonus unit opens up my options. Probably will go with Lucina/Nino/Nowi/Cordelia since Cordelia is my unit with the highest merge level that isn't part of my arena core trio. She'll also be great to deal with any Alm I encounter, since Nowi could have trouble with him.

47 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

Fun, isn't it?

I'm glad my core has enough leeway now to be "far" away from the threshold, so I don't have to look up my score all the time on the last day, obnoxious to say the least.

Yep, the every weeks arena thrill. 

Since Cordelia got another merge this week, I gave AA another try. I tried one time and luckily could improve my score directly from 5010 to 5022, which is a leap of nearly 300 ranks to 4,803th. 

It's also my all-time highscore btw.

16 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Yep, the every weeks arena thrill. 

Since Cordelia got another merge this week, I gave AA another try. I tried one time and luckily could improve my score directly from 5010 to 5022, which is a leap of nearly 300 ranks to 4,803th. 

It's also my all-time highscore btw.

Now watch how that score gets pushed around in the last two hours (tbh, I have no idea how volatile the threshold is at around 5k).

16 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

Now watch how that score gets pushed around in the last two hours (tbh, I have no idea how volatile the threshold is at around 5k).

In the last weeks I always remained barely in top 5k with a score around 5k. From that experience I'll drop further ~100 ranks until arena closes, which should be fine by me.