Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

7 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@DLNarshen Haha, we have the exact same AA score! Congratulations, seems you are established now in Tier 20. 

Will Shanna replace Hinoka once she outruns her in sense of merges? 

I actually saw you in the rankings at one point this week. "Hey, there's a familiar name!" x )

If I get to a point where I can stay in tier 20 even with +0 bonus units, then yeah, Hinoka will probably be taking a vacation from the arena. Damned 5-star exclusives. =(

@Javi Blizz Oh, I actually have to input the merge numbers manually.  I made a template with all the possible merges and level number adjustments, so I can just paste them over the vanilla screenshots.   

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

@Javi Blizz Oh, I actually have to input the merge numbers manually.  I made a template with all the possible merges and level number adjustments, so I can just paste them over the vanilla screenshots.   

I see, that's cool! Is there any site where I can find something similar to use?

26 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

I see, that's cool! Is there any site where I can find something similar to use?

I didn't find any back when I first wanted to do it, so I made my own using the game's asset collection, which can be found here.

I uploaded mine if you wanted to try them out, but they're made to be used with iPhone screenshots reduced to 70% of the original size, so they might not be suitable depending on the device/software you use.

2 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

I didn't find any back when I first wanted to do it, so I made my own using the game's asset collection, which can be found here.

I uploaded mine if you wanted to try them out, but they're made to be used with iPhone screenshots reduced to 70% of the original size, so they might not be suitable depending on the device/software you use.

Thx! :D

I use iPhone too, so I hope I can use them n.n

Still in Tier 20 with a score above 5060. I gave Nowi Aether to further improve my score and now I get up to 728 points in AA, but still can't break into the 5070-threshold because I'm really unlucky and the system likes to screw all my efforts in the last match by appointing me to a match with 716 points. Guess I need the final few merges to have a more consistent run. (I have to keep myself from wasting orbs on the new fodder banner to get a last Fae though...)

Still in Tier 20 with a score above 5060. I gave Nowi Aether to further improve my score and now I get up to 728 points in AA, but still can't break into the 5070-threshold because I'm really unlucky and the system likes to screw all my efforts in the last match by appointing me to a match with 716 points. Guess I need the final few merges to have a more consistent run. (I have to keep myself from wasting orbs on the new fodder banner to get a last Fae though...)

The good: 5152 Arena score, including a 740 match. L!Ike is +4, and my three +10s from the compendium. This will probably be the best I will ever achieve for a long time.

The bad: Wasn't paying attention in Arena Assault. Saw S!Corrin and thought B Tomebreaker my on L'Arachel would have secured the kill. Turned out enemy S!Corrin was using a wolf tome and one-shotted me. Just turned in my three wins for daily rewards and ragequit.

This entire experience leaves me feeling like Gangrel now.

Edited by Chrom-ulent

Adding Fjorm to my Arena core buffed my score to 5082 in normal Arena all of a sudden. Is she worth so much in points? I didn't know... She didn't do much for AA though. I just got a lousy 6 points more than yesterday, so 5066 again. Once again my run was ruined by a 716 match.

Last night, I battled what I have dubbed Team Est-atic, a dangerous squad of 44 death lolis, stuffed full of favouratism:

• Est 5*+10 Slaying Spear+Spd, Reposition, Aether, DC, Windsweep 3, Ward Fliers, Sqd Ace D 3, Water Blessing
  • Est 5*+10 First Bite+Def, Reposition, Ignis, Brazen Def/Res 3, Cancel Affinity 3, Hone Fliers, Close Def 3, Fire Blessing
  • Est 5*+10 Berkut's Lance+Res, Reposition, Glacies, DC, Chill Spd 3, Hone Fliers, QR3, Wind Blessing
  • Est 5*+10 Slaying Spear+Mt, Draw Back, Galeforce, LaD 3, Desperation 3, Def Smoke 3, Heavy Blade 3, Earth Blessing

23 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Wohoo, new highscore for me, first time 5k+ in regular Arena!!

Congrats!  It feels awesome to break that 5K ceiling.  =)  This is a a good bonus rotation for both of us it seems.

22 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

Congrats!  It feels awesome to break that 5K ceiling.  =)  This is a a good bonus rotation for both of us it seems.

Thanks, yes that felt good! 

I missed the mark sometimes only by few points, even if I didn't try every week. 

Okay, so, I was about to talk about my run and show this little Grima battle that happened, but just after... I walked against that :

Spoiler

bTg3hW0.png

Double Legendary boost can be a great threat, but it wasn't really dangerous with these fortress cases and my Grima, and then, I saw THAT :

Spoiler

V3o7Gr9.png

Okay, that was "just" Defiant Spd (but that can permit him to reach 34 spd, 37 with Brave Lucina's skill (!)) but imagine with Brazen Atk/Spd. You DON'T want to face that unprepared ! Wow....

Oh my goodness, I screwed up my arena run SO many times.  This was my worst week in a long time... Usually I find it pretty easy, but nope, not this time.  On the bright side, at least I gave a lot of people surrenders?  Maybe my misfortune helped someone out.  :XD:  A lot of the mistakes were super dumb ones like me forgetting someone had a rally equipped instead of reposition.  

Arena Assault, however, was completed on my first try.  Weird.  Usually it's the other way around.

Arena: 5136

Arena Assault: 5170

Am I the only one with no defense wins yet? I haven't been so long without one for weeks... Maybe I should switch out Fjorm with L!Robin? Or do the annoying Lucius build because I pulled a +SPD -DEF Lucius while going for L!Robin. Hmm.

I was the opposite, none last week, then swapped out Hinoka for Michalis this week and bam, three wins on the first day. None since then but that's partially attributable to me moving their seals to other units for levelling/VG and not moving them back since I have what I need.

2 hours ago, pullofthebush said:

Am I the only one with no defense wins yet?

Not the only one. This is the second week in a row when I’m dry. Defence wins are bullshit.

While I do have two wins this week, they still feel off, like recent arena defense weeks. I seem to have lost a feel for the flow of things. They came quickly, but then nothing. So what's the issue? Does my team have a bad score range that nobody picks? How many matches has it fought? What does the AI screw up? Are people just getting too many good tools to obliterate anything? I don't know anymore, and I feel I might not care if this continues.

I struggled at the start of the week for Defense wins. But I was also trying some bizarro teams. Even an all Red team. However, once I switched back to my usual Nowi/Myrrh/Eirika core I started rolling in the wins again. I also tossed in my Amelia with armored boots seal to see what my highest possible score range could currently be. Turns out it is possible now that my Eirika is 5*'ed to reach a maximum of 724.

I keep making dumb mistakes in my runs however, so I don't have a full deathless run yet. Running into a lot of Falchions and I keep underestimating how hard things will hit Eirika. Seriously things in this score range hit like a runaway train. She is feeling a lot squishier here than she did at 704 range.

Edit- Got my Deathless run while finishing the 10 duel quests for flags. 5024. Not sure if that is my first 5k break or not. Didn't always see a 724 so apparently my average is 717. Wish I was paying attention to my lowest score. Oh well. At least that should easily be enough to go from 19->20. Even with this set up though I am probably still a 19.5 player.

Edited by Usana

I have 8 Defense Wins this week.  The quests for the Gauntlet probably helped a bit, but I think just fielding my highest merged team has been making the difference.  I hypothesize that if I put out a non-merged team, there's probably not as many people getting my team as an opponent.

I'm at 5410/5709 to stay in Tier 20 this week.  I had to fish for that score, so I don't think I can do much better.  I had to switch out Xander for Eldigan on my main team.  I really wish Xander had more merges available, but at least I can put Mr Pitybreaker to good use.  It's a bit sad that two +10s and a +8 might not be enough to stay in Tier 20.  I can't really afford to field four +10 units every week.

39 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I have 8 Defense Wins this week.  The quests for the Gauntlet probably helped a bit, but I think just fielding my highest merged team has been making the difference.  I hypothesize that if I put out a non-merged team, there's probably not as many people getting my team as an opponent.

I'm at 5410/5709 to stay in Tier 20 this week.  I had to fish for that score, so I don't think I can do much better.  I had to switch out Xander for Eldigan on my main team.  I really wish Xander had more merges available, but at least I can put Mr Pitybreaker to good use.  It's a bit sad that two +10s and a +8 might not be enough to stay in Tier 20.  I can't really afford to field four +10 units every week.

With the Arena scoring changes, players are more likely to get teams that match them unit for unit. In other words, if you have one unit who has a really high score and 3 with much lower scores, your highest scoring opponents are going to be ones that match that spread. If that's a rare match-up, it means that not a lot of people have that kind of composition, and so it'll use a team with a lower average score (which will probably be somewhat more balanced in points). I'm not sure if that would mean that a balanced defense team would get more encounters, but since you only need to score so high defensively, it might not be a bad idea to run one with a lower average (like no merges whatsoever).

Average T20 cutoff has been floating around 5054 or so, or an average score of 722 per fight. If you're well over that, you're likely safe. If not, just fish for some fights higher than 722.

2 minutes ago, Johann said:

With the Arena scoring changes, players are more likely to get teams that match them unit for unit. In other words, if you have one unit who has a really high score and 3 with much lower scores, your highest scoring opponents are going to be ones that match that spread. If that's a rare match-up, it means that not a lot of people have that kind of composition, and so it'll use a team with a lower average score (which will probably be somewhat more balanced in points). I'm not sure if that would mean that a balanced defense team would get more encounters, but since you only need to score so high defensively, it might not be a bad idea to run one with a lower average (like no merges whatsoever).

Average T20 cutoff has been floating around 5054 or so, or an average score of 722 per fight. If you're well over that, you're likely safe. If not, just fish for some fights higher than 722.

I've got a score of 5066, which is about 300 ranks above the cutoff.

Just now, Rezzy said:

I've got a score of 5066, which is about 300 ranks above the cutoff.

Hmm... I suppose that because Robin is a focus unit, and blessings stack, that average scores may be jumping up quite a bit. I'm only going off of numbers from previous weeks. I'll guess you'll have a clearer picture tomorrow as the season draws closer to a finish