The Lucky Unlucky - Crying in the Corner

Alpha Wolves

Should Boon/Bane Re-Rolls be allowed?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Should we be allowed to reroll our characters Boons and Banes?

• Yes - Spending Feathers based on Star Rank.
    • Yes - Spending Orbs based on Reroll attempts.
    • Yes - Spending Lots of Feathers for Guaranteed Boons/Banes.
    • Yes - Spending Lots of Orbs for Guaranteed Boons/Banes.
    • No - Boons/Banes should remain when you receive the character.
    • Other - Reply Below.

Okay... so first and foremost, this is a complaint/debate/feedback threat about how Fire Emblem: Heroes would make me feel better as a customer. The biggest issue I've had spending my 280 Orbs (232 of which were free, +2 in approximately 7 minutes) was the fact that most of my obtained characters usable in the current meta.... have horrible Boons/Banes that make them almost invalid within the Arena against other teams. Its frustrating, having 15 Gold Units, only a handful being strong picks, and those are held back by their unlucky Boons/Banes.

Long story short, if you don't want to read the whole sob story below... What do you guys think of them adding a Boon/Bane resolling system? I.e.: Spend Feathers (based on their Star Ranking) to re-randomize their Boons/Banes (and maybe reset their level to 1)? Seriously, a lot of my 5-stars are Shiny Sparkly bragging rights only, because of how bad their Boons/Banes are for them.

Ephriam: +Res/-Atk - Ephriam has such low Res that, even with +Res Boon, he will be OHKOed or outsped and 2HKOed by most meta mages. -Atk Boon makes it even harder for him to land OHKO's with his defense lower abilities, and often leaves vital enemy units with 1-5 HP remaining.

Camilla - +Def/-Atk - Brave Weapon with -Atk... +Def might help, but she is always going to be 1HKOed by an archer, 31 Def isn't going to change that. -Atk leaves her in a worse possition than Ephriam with how many units she is leaving with 1-2 HP after an attack.

Ryoma - +Res/-HP - Again, another magic glass cannon with +Res.... and -HP.... THE STAT CALCULATOR LIES, MY RYOMA ONLY HAS 37 HP, WTF?!

Roy - +Atk/-Def - One of my best 5-stars right now, but lackluster in the meta... Sadly...

Lyndis - +Res/-HP - Same as Ryoma (-sigh-)....

Tiki Young - +HP/-Spd - Eh, she's a dragon... was kind of hoping for +Atk to be honest, but second best. And she is a meta pick.

Abel - +Def/-Atk - Disapointment...

Robin - Balanced - While not disapointing, +Atk, -Res or Def would guarantee OHKO Takumi's. Not bad, 3rd best 5-star I've got.

Menirva - +Res/-HP - *Slams face against the wall*

Takumi - -HP/+Spd - Doubles a lot, I'll give him that. But this makes his counter attacks all but worthless.

And those are all my noteworthy 5-stars and how unlucky I've been. Do you guys think a Boon/Bane reroll system should be implemented?

30 minutes ago, Alpha Wolves said:

Okay... so first and foremost, this is a complaint/debate/feedback threat about how Fire Emblem: Heroes would make me feel better as a customer. The biggest issue I've had spending my 280 Orbs (232 of which were free, +2 in approximately 7 minutes) was the fact that most of my obtained characters usable in the current meta.... have horrible Boons/Banes that make them almost invalid within the Arena against other teams. Its frustrating, having 15 Gold Units, only a handful being strong picks, and those are held back by their unlucky Boons/Banes.

And those are all my noteworthy 5-stars and how unlucky I've been. Do you guys think a Boon/Bane reroll system should be implemented?

So, you only bought ~50 orbs, used 280 in total and have fifteen 5* units? That's about a 5* every 18-19 orbs, or one full pull. While I feel sorry for your boons/banes (most of them don't seem so bad though, just not perfect), I think most people will smack you on the head for even considering yourself unlucky xD. 

Edited by Birdy

My own current confirmed boon/banes:

Sharon - Neutral (of course duh)

Jeorge - Neutral (would have liked +spd or +atk, but eh, acceptable)

Lyn - -HP +Atk (always welcome)

Lucina - +Atk -Def (Very welcome)

Effie - -Spd +Def (HELL YES, second best variation she can get, best girl in team atm)

2 hours ago, Birdy said:

So, you only bought ~50 orbs, used 280 in total and have fifteen 5* units? That's about a 5* every 18-19 orbs, or one full pull. While I feel sorry for your boons/banes (most of them don't seem so bad though, just not perfect), I think most people will smack you on the head for even considering yourself unlucky xD. 

Yeah, yeah, write me down in the queue! 

Honestly, I have 3 gold units after quite an intensive playing (all hard and normal, some of lunatic chapters compelted, all February quests completed and so on - quite a lot of orbs) and no options to get stronger opponents in the Arena :( 

I wish I had the TC's problems....

I mean bad boons/banes suck, but with 15 gold characters it should be possible to work around it with buffs/support units/good thinking.

Honestly those -HP +RES aren't bad at all. 3 HP is really insignificant, especially on those characters that get buffs at low HP. Sure, +ATK or SPD would be better but just be happy you Didn't get -ATK or SPD. Oh and that you have FIFTEEN 5* units.

After 42 summoned heroes, I have only TWO 5* heroes to show for it. (And I spent $40).

And they're not Hector or Takumi or Lucina.  I got Jeorge and Abel. They're good but not amazing.

Actually, less of a pity party and more of an idea as a whole, Boon and Bane resuffle will giveAlphones, Shearena and Anna some bonuses, able to Reboon them from Balanced. After using Ephiam in Arena a few times, +Res let him survive against Non-Fae dragons, but his -Atk is really showing when units survive with 3 hp and revenge kill.

Personally, this is what I would for Boon and Bane reroll design if implimented into the game:

- 5 Orbs to Neutralize a units Boon/ Bane.

- 1/2/3/4/5 Orbs to Reshuffle Boons/Banes.

+/- a few orbs.

6 hours ago, Birdy said:

This. You really have no right to call yourself unlucky in this game when there are people like me that don't even have ONE 5 star unit after 30 total summons.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

How do you tell what boon and bane your characters have before you start leveling them up though?

Boon/bane seem to have a pretty predictable impact on level 1 stats.

18 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, I see. I'll have to look at them more closely from now on.

Most things can be seen when putting in their lvl.1 stats here: https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/fire-emblem-heroes-iv-calculator

Note that not all of their stats are 100% correct, they're still working on it. Most of them are correct however.

10 hours ago, Alpha Wolves said:

Long story short, if you don't want to read the whole sob story below... What do you guys think of them adding a Boon/Bane resolling system? I.e.: Spend Feathers (based on their Star Ranking) to re-randomize their Boons/Banes (and maybe reset their level to 1)? Seriously, a lot of my 5-stars are Shiny Sparkly bragging rights only, because of how bad their Boons/Banes are for them.

Ephriam: +Res/-Atk - Ephriam has such low Res that, even with +Res Boon, he will be OHKOed or outsped and 2HKOed by most meta mages. -Atk Boon makes it even harder for him to land OHKO's with his defense lower abilities, and often leaves vital enemy units with 1-5 HP remaining.

Camilla - +Def/-Atk - Brave Weapon with -Atk... +Def might help, but she is always going to be 1HKOed by an archer, 31 Def isn't going to change that. -Atk leaves her in a worse possition than Ephriam with how many units she is leaving with 1-2 HP after an attack.

Ryoma - +Res/-HP - Again, another magic glass cannon with +Res.... and -HP.... THE STAT CALCULATOR LIES, MY RYOMA ONLY HAS 37 HP, WTF?!

Roy - +Atk/-Def - One of my best 5-stars right now, but lackluster in the meta... Sadly...

Lyndis - +Res/-HP - Same as Ryoma (-sigh-)....

Tiki Young - +HP/-Spd - Eh, she's a dragon... was kind of hoping for +Atk to be honest, but second best. And she is a meta pick.

Abel - +Def/-Atk - Disapointment...

Robin - Balanced - While not disapointing, +Atk, -Res or Def would guarantee OHKO Takumi's. Not bad, 3rd best 5-star I've got.

Menirva - +Res/-HP - *Slams face against the wall*

Takumi - -HP/+Spd - Doubles a lot, I'll give him that. But this makes his counter attacks all but worthless.

I have 2 5 stars, a -Def/+HP Lyn and a -Res/+HP Robin. Both of those aren't really that good but it doesn't matter to me, since they both take a little bit more damage I just use a healer. Whether you have a good bane/Boon shouldn't dictate the use of a 5 star. Because even though they may have a bad combo, it's the other things that matter more (skills weapons team comp). Not to mention the fact that anything at five stars will always be good despite the bane/boon. All you have to do is make a team around the issues. So I don't think a reroll system is necessary. Even if it was and it used feathers or orbs there would be no point because after you beat the game and the app-release bonus is over, getting orbs in game would be child birth. And there is the issue of feathers which are already child birth to obtain, unless you are better than the top 50,000 in the game or something. It is a good idea, though, and I would do it if it cost skill points, just because that makes more sense.

I think I got a +Res/-Atk 5* Roy. Yeah. Why not +Def/-Spd Caeda, or +Spd/-Def Draug ?

I'm not 100% sure because I don't have a screenshot with his base stats so I'll have to wait until level 40, but he has the same Res and Def currently and "only" 36 Atk at level 29, with the Sword of Seals, which is low compared to my other heroes with legendary weapons.

In all reality, boons/banes don't matter very much, especially right now.  

Most of the time you'll be trying to get weapon triangle advantage or OHKO mages/archers by sneaking up on them.  If your Abel has bad boons/banes and their mage has good boons/banes then you're still going to OHKO the mage with a brave lance.  Should be able to kill Taku as well.  The only exception would be if you have a speed bane and they have a spd boon which can really screw you up since you only need +5.  I'd say with your 15 5*s you shouldn't have any issues in the arena despite the bad banes/boons.  Not saying they're irrelevant but its definitely not going to prevent you from winning.

I voted for rerolling though, however, because I feel like it would be a good feature (since feathers are already rare, it wouldn't be too OP).  But I'm not too upset its not in the game because I feel like late-late game you'll have multiple of the same 5*s for merging and you should be able to get the right boon/bane at that point.

Edited by Lushen