Duel or Reaver Weapons? Magic Weapons?

Alpha Wolves

So... My level 40 swordsmen cannot defeat this chapter alone... With a level 37 Heavy Armor Lancer, my team was only able to do a measly 30 damage to the guy before succumbing to injury. This made me thinking: We need Magic and/or Reaver weapons in the game. (For those newer players, Reaver = Duel Weapons). My question is, do you think they will add them, and which of the weapons do you think they will add? Duel Weapons or Reaver Weapons?

Here are my ideas of what I would like to see with these weapons:

------------------------------------------------------------------

Lancereaver - Mt: 8/12, Rng: 1 - Effect: Reverse the Weapon Triangle. (Strong vs. Lance, Weak vs. Axe).

Axereaver - Mt: 8/12 Rng: 1 - Effect: Reverse the Weapon Triangle. (Strong vs. Axe, Weak vs. Sword).

Swordreaver - Mt: 8/12 Rng: 1 - Effect: Reverse the Weapon Triangle. (Strong vs. Sword, Weak vs. Lance).

Flame Sword (or Levin Sword) - Mt: 8/10 Rng: 1 - Effect: Targets the Enemy Res instead of Def.

Bolt Axe - Mt: 8/10 Rng: 1 - Effect: Targets the Enemy Res instead of Def.

Frost Lance (or Shock Lance) - Mt: 8/10 Rng: 1 - Effect: Targets the Enemy Res instead of Def.

Edited by Alpha Wolves

Well I don't know what the standard might is on weapons in Heroes but I figure they would need to be a little weaker to offset the inherent extra utility. 

And they would probably opt to use the Levin Sword over the Flame Sword. (Although in keeping with the weapon triangle color scheme they may indeed use the Flame Sword, should they decide to implement this in the first place).

3 hours ago, Alpha Wolves said:

So... My level 40 swordsmen cannot defeat this chapter alone... With a level 37 Heavy Armor Lancer, my team was only able to do a measly 30 damage to the guy before succumbing to injury. This made me thinking: We need Magic and/or Reaver weapons in the game. (For those newer players, Reaver = Duel Weapons). My question is, do you think they will add them, and which of the weapons do you think they will add? Duel Weapons or Reaver Weapons?

Here are my ideas of what I would like to see with these weapons:

------------------------------------------------------------------

Lancereaver - Mt: 8/12, Rng: 1 - Effect: Reverse the Weapon Triangle. (Strong vs. Lance, Weak vs. Axe).

Axereaver - Mt: 8/12 Rng: 1 - Effect: Reverse the Weapon Triangle. (Strong vs. Axe, Weak vs. Sword).

Swordreaver - Mt: 8/12 Rng: 1 - Effect: Reverse the Weapon Triangle. (Strong vs. Sword, Weak vs. Lance).

Flame Sword - Mt: 8/12 Rng: 1 - Effect: Targets the Enemy Res instead of Def.

Bolt Axe - Mt: 8/12 Rng: 1 - Effect: Targets the Enemy Res instead of Def.

Frost Lance - Mt: 8/12 Rng: 1 - Effect: Targets the Enemy Res instead of Def.

It sounds like a good idea but I'm not too sure if it is. 12 attack for a plus version (for the magic weapons) seems a little excessive, not to mention we pretty much already have people who target resistance at close range (manaketes). Reaver weapons seem pretty hype though.

Edited by Arcanite

@YouSquiddinMe The main reason why I went Flame Sword, Bolt Axe, and Froze Lance (The Lance not being real, but neither are Ruby Swords, Emerald Axes, or Sapphire Lances... so the game obviously has some liberties), was to fit the weapon triangle color scheme. Otherwise, yes, I would have used the Levin Sword, Bolt Axe and Shock Lance as examples of what I'd like to see. I messed up though, I meant to put the magic weapons at 10/12 Might, as I used the Manakin Fire Breath weapon to see what the next levels would be. However, that being said, I think they might need to be lowered because of my next point.

@Arcanite While true, Dragon Slayers are the bane of melee magic weapons. They are different enough as they have their own set of strengths/weaknesses from being a weapon rather than being dragon. Granted they might have lesser strength, because their weakness is less exploited than other weaknesses. The Strength might be lowered to 10 for Plus Damage, as having Magic damage in Melee without Dragon's Weakness is rather strong. :)

Personally, I'd prefer the Reaver weapons, though they might end up adding Duel weapons so the newer players know what they are. Sadface.

Edited by Alpha Wolves

I actually managed to beat that one using some of the most cowardly tactics I've ever been forced to resort to haha ;; mostly it involved letting Marth poke the lance knight after being Attack Honed by Olivia then running circles around the map until he recovered enough HP with the Falchion to take another hit... I dunno how long it took me but I wanna say it was well over 100 turns of doing 6 damage per turn lmao. So... since I technically did it, I wanna say this is doable, but frankly it's a pretty ridiculous challenge for anything but a team of armorslayers... I'm not really sure how they expected anyone to do this stuff....?? If you've been hoarding Light's Blessings though (as you should), now might be a good time to use them for the weapon mastery challenges.

Even if they were to implement magic weapons, though, it most certainly wouldn't be in time to defeat these challenges....

Edited by BANRYU