Stamina is officially stupid

Junkhead

I take Stamina is a sort of method for moderation on the player's behalf. It's a cute little method, but I take a person is allowed the choice of responsibility on their own. Either that, or they were afraid people would finish this game too quickly. 

Stamina is the reason you carefully need to have the right equipment (aka characters) to counter the dangers you're not acually aware of. I actually used to restart out of chapters at the very beggining just to re-organize base formations. You know, because Preperations Screen is not an actual thing. I also used to restart chapters when one of my characters died, because that's how most people play FE, and only further encourges better strategy. But thanks to Stamina, I actually just carry on, because I don't want to have to wait a few extra minutes, or even hours, for my next try-out. 

Oh, by the way, this isn't an actual game rant as much as it is for this little thing right here. The game is adorable in on itself.

The Stamina is primarily to gate the content and make people pay if they want to pay more.  I'm just glad that it isn't worse.  They didn't double the training tower costs, as planned originally.  The Story Mode Missions cost way too much, but thankfully, you don't really replay those, after beating them once.

I've been hording my Stamina Potions, lately; I've got 17 currently.

50 stamina refreshes after 4 hours. If you stay awake for 16 hours that's about 200 stamina per day if you play like me (I have no social life) so stamina isn't an issue for me.

Lol that reminds me of a few 3DS games when they suggest to stop playing after you played like a hour on the game

Like I get the point but you are not my mom, game. 

It's annoying, but I do like how it adds weight to battles so you're encouraged to try your hardest on every attempt. Plus, my stamina potions were able to get me through the points when I was using the most stamina with plenty to spare.

8 minutes ago, Nym said:

Lol that reminds me of a few 3DS games when they suggest to stop playing after you played like a hour on the game

Like I get the point but you are not my mom, game. 

Ah, how the tables have turned, now I am the parent.  I just have to keep Leo from stealing my 3DS.

7 minutes ago, Othin said:

It's annoying, but I do like how it adds weight to battles so you're encouraged to try your hardest on every attempt. Plus, my stamina potions were able to get me through the points when I was using the most stamina with plenty to spare.

It does seem that way, though I'm still pretty stupid at times...

22 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

That's also assuming you're perfect and don't actually lose in challenging maps.

Sure I might mess up, good thing I have five star lv. 40 robin/lyn in the back in case anything goes wrong ;):. So even if someone dies I still have my badges. Some people ,ight not have 5 stars though so it could be an issue for them but hey I'm happy :D:

Edited by Arcanite

11 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Ah, how the tables have turned, now I am the parent.  I just have to keep Leo from stealing my 3DS.

You would think it would be easy by placing it somewhere very high, like over the fridge if it's not too dusty or something.

Unless I underestimating how smart a 2 years old can be and he somehow manages to move a chair or something.

Or he's literally stealing it from you when you are get distracted for one second.

That would be funny to watch.

Edited by Nym

13 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

I work full time.

I don't need to play efficiently.

50 stamina is enough.

If I played any longer than it took to deplete it, I'd get fired from taking too long of breaks.

I usually play a map or two before work, or knock out a bunch of easy ones, when they release the new Bonus maps.  I might play a map or two over lunch.

It's the evening, when I start running out of Stamina, or the weekend.  Ever since I beat story mode, it hasn't been as much of an issue.  Training Tower Stamina is a lot more fair.

@Nym He'll grab it if I leave it unattended for even a minute.  He opens the drawer i keep it in and plays with it, sometimes.

Edited by Rezzy

15 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

I work full time.

I don't need to play efficiently.

50 stamina is enough.

If I played any longer than it took to deplete it, I'd get fired from taking too long of breaks.

That's cute and all, you know, assuming you have an actual life (aka not me).

12 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Sure I might mess up, good thing I have five star lv. 40 robin/lyn in the back in case anything goes wrong ;):. So even if someone dies I still have my badges. Some people ,ight not have 5 stars though so it could be an issue for them but hey I'm happy :D:

I actually held back from using OP mechanics so I had an actual challenge. Then, Stamina happened. 

Something something, legally required to have such a system in place in South Korea due to addiction problems that happened over there and one does not simply not have a Gatcha game not available in one of the largest markets for it. Or however it was it worked.

Yeah, thing is, stamina is put in due to the whole "free to play" thing. It's not the game telling you to "take a break" taken to forceful levels, it's an incentive to buy orbs to replace stamina, should you lack any stamina potions. Free to play games include this on a regular basis to get some cash; sounds greedy, but it's a regular thing to implement when the game's being given to you for free.

10 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

@Nym He'll grab it if I leave it unattended for even a minute.  He opens the drawer i keep it in and plays with it, sometimes.

How cute

Oh look, another complaint about Stamina.

It's a free-to-play game built entirely around the system. Deal with it or don't play it.

Though I do wish we could increase the stamina cap. I'd at least like to drain my stamina before going to bed and wake up without it having capped yet.

1 hour ago, Florete said:

Oh look, another complaint about Stamina.

It's a free-to-play game built entirely around the system. Deal with it or don't play it.

Though I do wish we could increase the stamina cap. I'd at least like to drain my stamina before going to bed and wake up without it having capped yet.

Did you, like, read the desclaimer aka the only "bad" thing I have to say about it?

I think the stamina levels are a bit low for my likings. I don't mind them added to these sorts of games, but the cost of certain maps seems ludicrous when there's only 50 stamina, max, to play around with at any one time. If there were ways to increase it somewhat, I wouldn't have any complaints ^.^

6 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Which means you aren't supposed to sleep for 8 hours :(

Stay up for 16 sleep for 8. So I only waste 100 stamina. Alternatively I could sleep for 4 and waste 50 but sleep is something I do care about XD

12 hours ago, Soul~! said:

Oh, by the way, this isn't an actual game rant as much as it is for this little thing right here. The game is adorable in on itself.

I concur stamina costs in the game are still too high.  The games central loveliness compensates for the problem.  But in the long term stamina is becoming more and more annoying to me.  

I think part of the problem isn't so much that Stamina costs are high, but that there isn't much to do other than grind level characters right now after you cleared your three arena kills for the day (which also becomes moot once you've placed your topscore for the week).  

They NEED something like a daily feather dungeon and weekly feather/orb raid which like the PvP have their own tickets for the day.  Functionally this would help combat stamina costs, game pacing, and give everyone more to do and progress.  I think the game is going to suffer very badly in the longrun if they don't get a content feature in like this soon.

I actually think Stamina is more of a problem for newer players than it is for those who have been playing since launch day.

Training tower stamina costs are pretty reasonable, and the arena doesn't require stamina. Story missions on lunatic have a very high stamina cost, but there's no value in replaying them (except for monthly missions), which means that after you beat the story once your stamina needs drop. Even when paralogues are released, playing every single map requires <150 stamina, so you could do it in a day.