Characters Whose Stats Don't Match Their Stats in Their Game

Rezzy

Est has really high attack but only okay speed, which doesn't really fit with her stats in any of the Akaneia games.

A lot of the Akaneia characters use brave weapons even though the Akaneia games didn't originally have them. Though NM did have them at the end of the game and SD had them in the online shop IIRC.

13 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Old Marcus, Jagen, Gunter, who'll be the fourth on Team Jeigan? New Mystery Arran?

Mycen would fit if not for his jointime. He's got crummy growths(and crummy bases for his jointime). He's even purple like Jagen! Only thing is he joins at the end of the game rather than the start, which ends up with him being just terrible because you'll have three other potential Gold Knights by that point.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

Florina was already mentioned, she's known for speed in FE7 and yet she's so slow here. To be fair, if you gave her a Heavy Spear in FE7 she'd be kinda sluggish there too. I know that a lot of this has to do with giving fliers and mounted units lower stats in Heroes, compared to their original games. Which, don't get me wrong, is a good balance choice objectively (though I wish such characters didn't get scored lower in the arena...).

Takumi also comes to mind. He's below average speed in Birthright and not terribly hard to double as a boss in Conquest, yet for some reason he gets loads of speed in Heroes, enough that he actually avoids being doubled by the likes of Lyn or Eirika (on equal footing). This is a huge part of why he's too strong in FEH; if you shuffled a few speed points into HP he'd be much more like his original self and much more balanced.

Similarly, Linde. Why on earth is she faster than Caeda? And on the note of Caeda, why does the wielder of the Wing Spear, the only Prf lance, get stuck with a sword?

Making Takumi a tad slower would make my not as annoyed when I see 3 of him in Arena.  Getting doubled at 1-2 range is no fun.

22 hours ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Est has really high attack but only okay speed, which doesn't really fit with her stats in any of the Akaneia games.

A lot of the Akaneia characters use brave weapons even though the Akaneia games didn't originally have them. Though NM did have them at the end of the game and SD had them in the online shop IIRC.

Mycen would fit if not for his jointime. He's got crummy growths(and crummy bases for his jointime). He's even purple like Jagen! Only thing is he joins at the end of the game rather than the start, which ends up with him being just terrible because you'll have three other potential Gold Knights by that point.

I would be fine if they just kept the Peg Knights with their stereotypical low-mid Atk and super fast Spd.  If they wanted to make one slow and strong, Palla comes to mind, but we also have plenty of Wyvern Riders that they could do with that, since all Flyers are functionally the same in Heroes.

Edited by Rezzy