Characters Whose Stats Don't Match Their Stats in Their Game

Rezzy

I've noticed a few characters whose stats in Heroes don't really measure up to what you'd expect from knowing them from their original game.

Florina is a big example.  In FE7 she's fast, with good-enough, but kinda mediocre Strength.  She maxes out her 28 Speed on average in FE7, which is one of the highest, yet in Heroes, she's saddled with an average Speed of 27.  The numbers may look similar, but you have to take the game's average stats into account.  28 is great in FE7, but below average in Heroes.  She's got decent enough Atk in Heroes, but not really good enough to take out Armors, even with her Armorslayer.

When I Pulled Florina, I imagined her as a speedy Lancer with great Res, probably a Mage Killer.  What I got was a slow Armor killer who struggled to even double Armors, and mostly gets killed on follow-up anyway.  I'd imagine more Palla as the slow, tanky Peg Knight, if I had to assign that role to somebody.

Anybody else perplexed by how they decided to stat out a character?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

It still perplexes me that they turned Subaki into essentially a tank with wings. 

That's what he was supposed to be in Fates too.

It's just that the way normal FE works, it doesn't work as well.

Onto another matter, why is Camilla so slow? Her highest growth rate in Fates was Speed. 

And while her personal Res was higher than her Defense sure... having MORE RES THAN ATTACK is pretty weird.

ok its just because i have a +res -attack

Edited by Almerson

They made Lachesis a healer.

The character who promoted (okay, one of the two characters, but the other one is a lord of his own game, so probably will depend more from Thracia specific stuff) to the most ridiculously OP class of the entire Fire Emblem franchise, with access to almost every kind of weapons any one could ever dream of having access, was made into a healer.

Not even a good one, at that.

Well, most of the games I've played aren't well represented, but I did notice that Raven is very slow and uses. . . . . an axe. What? Even in his picture he has a sword! And I realize that the brace axe takes off 5 speed but still. 

The other one that popped out at me was Lachesis. I get that she can use staves but really? And they didn't even make her good!

5 minutes ago, salinea said:

The character who promoted (okay, one of the two characters, but the other one is a lord of his own game, so probably will depend more from Thracia specific stuff) to the most ridiculously OP class of the entire Fire Emblem franchise, with access to almost every kind of weapons any one could ever dream of having access, was made into a healer.

i mean, she could use staves and swords in both her classes, so it's not too inaccurate

besides, healing is much easier than attacking before you promote her

since every character has only one weapon it wouldn't really be possible to accurately represent master knights anyway

Edited by unique

1 minute ago, unique said:

i mean, she could use staves and swords in both her classes, so it's not too inaccurate

besides, healing is much easier than attacking before you promote her

since every character has only one weapon it wouldn't really be possible to accurately represent master knights anyway

Lachesis has a 5% Magic growth. Such a great healer. Sure you start using her to heal, but that's mostly because of the three suicidal knights. The most accurate part of Lachesis' build in Heroes is the fact that she has access to Absorb, which brings back to mind the Earth Sword being her signature weapon.

That's the only thing.

I wasn't expecting them to give her access to every weapons since this is Heroes, but they could have presented her as the offensive character that she is.

I hate how Seliph is never mounted in his appearances outside of FE4.  It's not like Heroes needed another footie sword user, anyways.

20 minutes ago, salinea said:

Yeah. I found that really disappointing too. I thought they would give her at least some OP skill, but nah. Just a completely vanilla healer.

The other character I found completely bizarre was Fir. She has an extremely high RES... and a pretty lowish attack. It's just... too strange.

Edited by r4v1sh

1 minute ago, Refa said:

I hate how Seliph is never mounted in his appearances outside of FE4.  It's not like Heroes needed another footie sword user, anyways.

I'm the opposite; I much prefer him on foot. Considering FE4 was Horse Emblem in the first place, I appreciated the variety. I get the continuity, since his father and his gang were mounted knights, but imo I prefer him taking after Shannan too. If only branching promotions existed in FE4, I would have made him a swordmaster even if it was a little more inconvenient. :^_^:

21 minutes ago, Almerson said:

Onto another matter, why is Camilla so slow? Her highest growth rate in Fates was Speed. 

Brave Axe is a -5 to speed. Whatever her display score is, add 5 to that for her real speed.

Fir's res is probably something to make her stand out from the myriad of other swordies. Her low atk is canon, though, what with that 25% str growth being low for even myrm standards.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Considering FE4 WAS Horse Emblem, it is better representative of the game if he was a mount.  I would be perfectly fine with Seliph being a footie sword user IF Sigurd was in the game as a mount instead; however, for whatever reason Sigurd is not nearly as well represented as his son is.

Just now, Thor Odinson said:

Brave Axe is a -5 to speed. Whatever her display score is, add 5 to that for her real speed.

I understand that. It's still her worst stat.

Just now, salinea said:

Lachesis has a 5% Magic growth. Such a great healer. Sure you start using her to heal, but that's mostly because of the three suicidal knights. The most accurate part of Lachesis' build in Heroes is the fact that she has access to Absorb, which brings back to mind the Earth Sword being her signature weapon.

That's the only thing.

I wasn't expecting them to give her access to every weapons since this is Heroes, but they could have presented her as the offensive character that she is.

actually I meant more that you'd level her up by healing before you promote her

that's what I did, since up until you get the earth sword she's not very useful in combat

it would've been cool if she had sol or something as an attacking unit to represent that, but I think having her as a healer wasn't too bad of a choice 

2 minutes ago, Refa said:

ok yeah this is one I thought was really lame

eliwood even gets his mounted class, which is identical to sigurd and seliph's.  would it have killed them to have a lord be slightly unique. as it stands all the lords you can get as 5 stars are foot unit sword users except for ephraim. if they had sigurd in i would've been fine with it but it's just so boring having him as another blue haired foot unit sword guy. i hope they add sigurd in later on because he's been in pretty much nothing since fe4

4 minutes ago, Almerson said:

http://feheroes.wiki/Camilla
the stats listed here say otherwise. Without the -5 to speed and discounting weapon bonuses, it is actually her highest non-HP stat.

Edited by Thor Odinson

24 minutes ago, Almerson said:

That's what he was supposed to be in Fates too.

It's just that the way normal FE works, it doesn't work as well.

And while her personal Res was higher than her Defense sure... having MORE RES THAN ATTACK is pretty weird.

ok its just because i have a +res -attack

4 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

Just now, Almerson said:

Yeah, without the Brave Axe, her neutral Speed would be 32 at 5*, slightly above average, but lower than expected.  Part of this is alleviated by her getting Darting Blow, which gives her an effective Speed of 31 with the Brave Axe, but yeah it doesn't really match her Fates stats.

2 minutes ago, Refa said:

I would be perfectly fine with Seliph being a footie sword user IF Sigurd was in the game as a mount instead; however, for whatever reason Sigurd is not nearly as well represented as his son is.

It's generally the same in all Japanese material for FE4; Seliph's considered the main protagonist/lord of the game and is far more popular than Sigurd is, even if he only becomes playable halfway through the game.

Just now, Thor Odinson said:

http://feheroes.wiki/Camilla
the stats listed here say otherwise. Without the -5 to speed, it is actually her highest non-HP stat.

Ah, my mistake then.

With the other website I was looking at, I had assumed they were giving the base stats without any changes.

I don't really know which sites are reliable yet.

Edited by Almerson

1 minute ago, Extrasolar said:

It's generally the same in all Japanese material for FE4; Seliph's considered the main protagonist/lord of the game and is far more popular than Sigurd is, even if he only becomes playable halfway through the game.

Really?  It seems the English speaking crowd prefers Sigurd overall.

Well, there's Lyn, who I remember never growing any damn Defense when I used her in FE7 (I used her anyway because she doubled everything and was cool, but still), but here her Defense is almost as high as her Resistance (which I remember being pretty much nonexistent on her in 7, but that might be me confusing her for someone else... quite a few units didn't get much Resistance when I played FE7). Same with Eirika, though she doesn't have much Resistance in Heroes either (or at least mine doesn't).

Also, Eliwood has an odd amount of Resistance (or at least mine does; I remember him not starting with much of it in 7, and he didn't grow all that much of it either). At least he kept his horse (unlike Eirika and Ephraim...).

13 minutes ago, Refa said:

Seliph probably isn't mounted here as an easy way to differentiate him from Sigurd when they add the latter. Probably because Sigurd is never not mounted, while Seliph only gets a horse when he promotes into Sigurd's class.

9 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

What's with Fir's middling Strength and Speed, but insane Res? That's the exact opposite of FE6 Fir.

Well, I think Hana's taken the position of "Insane ATK and SPD with craptacular defenses" myrmidony type, so they had to give Fir something different.

Speaking of which, I wish Hana didn't match up to her stats in her home game. In particular, I wish she had some of Fir's Resistance (primarily because I remember Hana having decent Resistance in Birthright, though that might've just been me getting lucky with a defensive growth on the glass samurai). Even with Life and Death off she doesn't get that much of either, and it... well, it's accurate to how she is, and an exceptionally accurate display of what happens when dodge-tanking fails a myrmidon, but dammit it's annoying to see her desperately require a larger heal than exists in Heroes every time a Red/Green/Colorless unit looks in her general direction (Blues just kill her immediately).

Edited by ILikeKirbys

3 minutes ago, Almerson said:

Ah, my mistake then.

With the other website I was looking at, I has assumed they were giving the base stats without any changes.

I don't really know which sites are reliable yet.

In Camilla's case both are listed with the same stats, but the one you linked shows only after-weapon factored in stats, while the wiki has the non-modified stats in a hover tooltip, for transparency's sake. 

the gamepress site is known for having some level of inaccuracies scattered throughout, though.

Why does everyone has the impression that Fir has high atk

She has high crit (represented by the Killing Edge) and ok atk thanks to HM bases, but utterly absymal growths in that area

Edited by Thor Odinson

Just now, Rezzy said:

Really?  It seems the English speaking crowd prefers Sigurd overall.

Yup. English side is all about Sigurd, while the Japanese side loves Seliph. It's kind of repeated with Japanese fans far preferring Roy to Eliwood, and while Eliwood is controversial, he tends to be far more popular than Roy in the west.

2 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Yup. English side is all about Sigurd, while the Japanese side loves Seliph. It's kind of repeated with Japanese fans far preferring Roy to Eliwood, and while Eliwood is controversial, he tends to be far more popular than Roy in the west.

I'm not sure how titled Roy vs Eliwood is in the Japanese community.  I've noticed them to be roughly equal in the English speaking community, but Roy gets the bump from being in Smash, so Eliwood would likely be more popular, if it wasn't for that.