Characters Whose Stats Don't Match Their Stats in Their Game

Rezzy

To be fair, Roy's only official representation in the US is in the form of Smash Bros and other lesser cameos.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I've noticed them to be roughly equal in the English speaking community, but Roy gets the bump from being in Smash, so Eliwood would likely be more popular, if it wasn't for that.

Really? I've met few to no English-speaking FE fans who like Roy (the Roy from Binding Blade, since Smash Bros. Roy is pretty much a separate character), but I have met those who love Eliwood.

EDIT: Another thing I noticed was Azama's low attack, when in Fates his strength is pretty high, oddly for someone who starts out as a pure healer. Even his magic is decent, and not as bad as his attack stat in Heroes would imply.

Edited by Extrasolar

Another little thing: It also bothers me that Abel and Cain are basically copy and paste of each other stats. But I supposed it couldnt really be helped, as trying to represent variety with the simplified Heroes mechanics must be challenging.

1 minute ago, Extrasolar said:

Really? I've met few to no English-speaking FE fans who like Roy (the Roy from Binding Blade, since Smash Bros. Roy is pretty much a separate character), but I have met those who love Eliwood.

Well, Roy's my boy!  I know he's not the greatest in game, but he was the guy who got me into FE in the first place, since I mained him in Melee.  I like Eliwood, too, though, so I'd say I like them about the same.

There's also @Glaceon Mage, who's a Roy fan on SF.

1 minute ago, r4v1sh said:

Another little thing: It also bothers me that Abel and Cain are basically copy and paste of each other stats. But I supposed it couldnt really be helped, as trying to represent variety with the simplified Heroes mechanics must be challenging.

They could have give Abel better Spd and Cain better Def and/or Atk.  My stat calculator doesn't have complete stats listed for Cain, so I can't see how accurate their similarity is.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Well, Roy's my boy!  I know he's not the greatest in game, but he was the guy who got me into FE in the first place, since I mained him in Melee.  I like Eliwood, too, though, so I'd say I like them about the same.

There's also @Glaceon Mage, who's a Roy fan on SF.

Ah. Huh, I never knew any Roy fans (outside of SSB) before now. Good to meet you! Lol.

I thought Eliwood fans were already rare enough. I may be a bit out of touch with the times, then, haha.

Edited by Extrasolar

I'm with you on the Florina, thing. She was one of my top units in FE7, and I love using her, cause she's cute and Lyn's bff. But in Heroes, she really takes a bit of a dive. It took me forever to get her too, so I'm very disappointed. I mean, she can get some kills, but rarely, unless its to finish someone off.

How could I forget to bring up Jagen? Pretty much useless outside of being a wall or an emergency button on higher difficulties in Shadow Dragon, and surprisingly useful with his good attack, resistance and defense in Heroes.

Edited by Extrasolar

Just now, Extrasolar said:

How could I forget to bring up Jagen? Pretty much useless outside of a wall or an emergency button on higher difficulties in Shadow Dragon, and surprisingly useful with his good attack, resistance and defense in Heroes.

Oh yeah, you're right. I do recall him sucking in the actual game, but I did use him for a bit in Heroes and he has some good stats. Wonder how that happened lol.

2 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

How could I forget to bring up Jagen? Pretty much useless outside of being a wall or an emergency button on higher difficulties in Shadow Dragon, and surprisingly useful with his good attack, resistance and defense in Heroes.

1 minute ago, Dylan Corona said:

Oh yeah, you're right. I do recall him sucking in the actual game, but I did use him for a bit in Heroes and he has some good stats. Wonder how that happened lol.

It would be funny if they gave Jeigan great Level 1 stats, but a BST of like 100 at level 40.

5 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Jagen was absolutely necessary in the beginning on higher difficulties.

Hell, he's useful on lower difficulties, given that he's your first Dracoknight.

Regardless, WTF is up with Fury on him.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

Bingo was cancelled.  There were casualties.

Just now, eclipse said:

Hell, he's useful on lower difficulties, given that he's your first Dracoknight.

I don't mess with reclassing. I'm a fool and purist that way, haha. Everybody got their classic growth rates to work with, and that's the way I like it, even if some units are just pure garbage because of it.

Just now, Rezzy said:

I'm dead. If only I could upvote your post...

Just now, Rezzy said:

I like want to us quote this...but I don't know where lol. Dang not a lot of my friends playing these games lol. He got really mad and got really good stats lol. Someone make a new bingo day. We have to make this right lol.

1 minute ago, Extrasolar said:

I don't mess with reclassing. I'm a fool and purist that way, haha. Everybody got their classic growth rates to work with, and that's the way I like it, even if some units are just pure garbage because of it.

I'm dead. If only I could upvote your post...

Happy to make your day a little brighter.

Just now, Dylan Corona said:

I like want to us quote this...but I don't know where lol. Dang not a lot of my friends playing these games lol. He got really mad and got really good stats lol. Someone make a new bingo day. We have to make this right lol.

Feel free to do so if you want.  I'm not the best person to ask for technical advice, though.  You could try posting in the Site Help section or PMing a mod for help, there.

12 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

XDXDXD

But it makes you wonder, will Marcus be a god?! o_0

1 minute ago, immatx said:

XDXDXD

But it makes you wonder, will Marcus be a god?! o_0

Maybe, but when he's added, I'll need to make an Old Man Team with Jeigan, Gunter, Marcus, and Wrys.  Just when you thought it was safe to go back on the lawn.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Maybe, but when he's added, I'll need to make an Old Man Team with Jeigan, Gunter, Marcus, and Wrys.  Just when you thought it was safe to go back on the lawn.

Wow, is it bad that I don't think that's a half bad team lol. I mean its not that great, but it doesn't sound sucky lol. Depending on what they make Marcus. 

Edited by Dylan Corona

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Lol! They'll be able to kill anyone just by rambling about how much better everything was "back in their day" for long enough.

1 minute ago, Dylan Corona said:

Wow, it is bad that I don't think that's a half bad team lol. I mean its not that great, but it doesn't sound sucky lol. Depending on what they make Marcus. 

Hopefully, it's a sword, to get Weapon Triangle coverage.

It would be legendary if they did, all the new fe fans (read awakening or newer) wouldn't know what hit them :)

Any reason why Merric, the second master of the Excalibur tome, forgot how to Res and instead sold his silly hat for a chainmail robe? That is still something I have yet to understand