Characters Whose Stats Don't Match Their Stats in Their Game

Rezzy

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Maybe, but when he's added, I'll need to make an Old Man Team with Jeigan, Gunter, Marcus, and Wrys.  Just when you thought it was safe to go back on the lawn.

Thank you, I needed this so much. I can just picture those four shouting GET OFF MY LAWN in unison now.

And now I'm hoping Marcus gets a sword, so we can have perfect old people on horses weapon color coverage.

4 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Any reason why Merric, the second master of the Excalibur tome, forgot how to Res and instead sold his silly hat for a chainmail robe? That is still something I have yet to understand 

He's very afraid of being sworded, especially since they get WTA on him, so he thought wearing chainmail would help protect against that sort of thing.

It doesn't, and they probably just stab him anyway, which chainmail probably doesn't protect against as well, but still. Points for trying, and all that.
And he traded away his hat, which stored a large amount of his RES, to buy the chainmail, thus explaining where that went.

Edited by ILikeKirbys

4 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Any reason why Merric, the second master of the Excalibur tome, forgot how to Res and instead sold his silly hat for a chainmail robe? That is still something I have yet to understand 

Maybe he read about Excalibur supposed to having been being a Sword and he's trying to transition into being a physical unit.

Why the heck is Excalibur a Tome and not a Sword?  I think Excalibur literally means "Forged from Steel" or something like that.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Maybe he read about Excalibur supposed to having been being a Sword and he's trying to transition into being a physical unit.

Why the heck is Excalibur a Tome and not a Sword?  I think Excalibur literally means "Forged from Steel" or something like that.

I've always wondered that. I never got why they called the Tome that, it seems like a waste lol

20 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Maybe, but when he's added, I'll need to make an Old Man Team with Jeigan, Gunter, Marcus, and Wrys.  Just when you thought it was safe to go back on the lawn.

THERE'S ONLY ONE OLD MAN TEAM, AND IT'S NOT THIS!

Wendell, Jagen, Lorenz, Bantu FTW.  Wendell needs to be really fast, Jagen's already done, Lorenz will have terrible stats and a godly weapon, and Bantu will be, uh, the worst manakete ever.  Yeah.

Edited by eclipse

Just now, eclipse said:

Wendell, Jagen, Lorenz, Bantu FTW.

That would be a glorious team, but it might be a while before we see all those guys in Heroes.  I wouldn't want to run that team in Arena, though.  Lorenz would always suicide himself into the other team.

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Wendell, Jagen, Lorenz, Bantu FTW.  Wendell needs to be really fast, Jagen's already done, Lorenz will have terrible stats and a godly weapon, and Bantu will be, uh, the worst manakete ever.  Yeah.

But Athos is clearly the oldest man!

8 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

I've always wondered that. I never got why they called the Tome that, it seems like a waste lol

10 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Considering FE plays fast and loose with every mythological name they can pull from, I wouldn't be surprised if they said "hey, cool King Arthur name, let's throw it in even if doesn't make sense."

3 minutes ago, Elieson said:

But Athos is clearly the oldest man!

No way, Athos is only 500 years or so before the start of Blazing Blade. I think Sephiran got him beat, since he's 1000. Just because he's got a youthful glow doesn't mean he's not the oldest. XD

And he's still alive 1200 years after RD to wake up Ashunera. Ancient guy is ancient.

Edited by Extrasolar

12 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I thought Cain was associated with lances and Abel with swords. It's vice versa in Heroes.

As Elieson said, in Shadow Dragon Cain starts with a higher Sword rank while Abel starts with a higher Lance rank.

3 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

I don't think they would ever put him in this game lol. What would they pick for him? XD he's to op.

They'd probably give him Forblaze, although they may troll us and make him a Healer.

Just now, Rezzy said:

They'd probably give him Forblaze, although they may troll us and make him a Healer.

Ultimate troll focus. Put Athos as a healer with Ike using his training sword from the tutorial, along with Wallace from fe7 who's attack is using a knight crest on himself at lv10, and top it off with everyone's favorite character, Arden, who they give the highest point total in the game, along with distant counter and auto double (pursuit ring)

Remember when Seliph had one of the higher resistance stats for non-magic users in FE4 and the Tyrfing boosted resistance instead of defense?

No wonder Sigurd got roasted so easily

Edited by FrostyFireMage

For me, Oboro is a big standout in this regard. I remember Oboro being a typical example of playable lancers/soldiers-- balanced overall and with good HP. In Heroes she's a friggin' tank, built like a Knight in everything but name. And the Heavy Spear is such a WEIRD choice of weapon for her; it looks so off for her compared to the armored/cavalry units, and doesn't suit the spearfighter fighting style at all lmao. I won't knock her good Attack and HP stats, and low Res is okay, but IMO her Speed and Defense should have been leveled out more between one another lol. Don't get me wrong, she's a good tank, has made a decent stand-in for Effie for me since I haven't pulled her, but jeez. Not how I remember her playing in Fates at ALL. Hinata is similar to SOME degree, but I remember him at least having good defense for a samurai/myrmidon, so his build made SOMEwhat more sense to me.

Agree somewhat about Florina as well... I can only assume that they built her the way they did to set her apart form the other speedy/high-res Peg Knights (since most of the ones in Heroes are more or less built the same in each of their respective appearances IIRC). Oboro though....?? Just... handled so strange....

Well Heroes can only work with five of the seven stats from Fire Emblem so I'm surprised they tried as hard as they did. Subaki's excellent Skill, Arthurs awful Luck, you can't translate that. And since every character's highest stat by design must be Attack (except for healers) then there's little room for expression. You're Good, Medium, and Bad, in your four other stats.

At first I was sort of confused by Seliph being so goddamn slow, but then I remembered my Seliph from Genealogy:

MMV6u5Y.jpg

…yeah. But that doesn't explain why his Def is so high at the expense of Res, given that the Tyrfing boosted the latter, not the former.

Edited by Vaximillian

3 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Nooo. He gotta be the Red Julia in this game.

Regarding stats, also miffed by Florina being lackluster in this game. A shame since she was one of my fav unit in Blazing Blade, along with her sisters.

3 hours ago, Extrasolar said:

No way, Athos is only 500 years or so before the start of Blazing Blade. I think Sephiran got him beat, since he's 1000. Just because he's got a youthful glow doesn't mean he's not the oldest. XD

Athos is at least 1000, since he was alive during the scouring.

15 minutes ago, Sartek said:

Athos is at least 1000, since he was alive during the scouring.

Sephiran still beats him out for being alive at the end of Radiant Dawn, whereas Athos kicked the bucket at the end of Blazing Blade.