Drawing You In

bethany81707

Everyone has their favourite Fire Emblems, but due to the random nature of Heroes, it's hard to build a party of your favourites right off the bat without a lot of luck. So the question here is: what units have you found appreciation for by using them in your Heroes teams?

I found myself being quite the fan of Lissa, surprisingly. She's been an amazing healer, and she was the linchpin of my beating a Grand Hero Battle for the first time- she was the tank. Male Robin was also a fairly nice unit, quickly gaining a role as "Plan B for anything"- though I'm still nursing a sore spot out of him coming from the Devotion pool and getting my hopes up with his cinematic.

I second MRobin. Never really cared for the MyUnit character in Awakening but in Heroes he sure proves to be useful. While I usually prefer nukier mages with more damage output, his abilities make up for it. Also I like his art.

1 hour ago, hunty said:

I second MRobin. Never really cared for the MyUnit character in Awakening but in Heroes he sure proves to be useful. While I usually prefer nukier mages with more damage output, his abilities make up for it. Also I like his art.

Wat

Robin is like the most broken Lord/Avatar character ever.  Robin solos Lunatic with a little Fred support early on.

I never used Nino in FE7 before (LOL @ the join time and level), but she's one of my best units, even at 4*.  She hits like a truck and is super fast.

I'm definitely going to say Cordelia; I never much used her in Awakening due to the fact that I usually train up Sumia to use as my main Pegasus knight, with Cynthia as my secondary after Sumia's paired off.

But her Heroes incarnation is great - Brave Lance, Astra, with pretty good attacking stats and good mobility. She's my premiere mage killer alongside Eliwood and Jagen, and outshines both of them in usefulness.

This game also made me appreciate bows much more than I usually do in FE games (other than Radiant Dawn and Fates), due to how the majority of bow users in the game are good (plus, my Gordin got me past that story chapter chock-full of Pegasus Knights that would kill off my primarily mage and sword-wielding team each time I tried it), and my Klein with his Brave Bow+ dents teams right off the bat before they can set up in the arena most of the time.

Edited by Extrasolar

59 minutes ago, Eselred said:

I never used Nino in FE7 before (LOL @ the join time and level), but she's one of my best units, even at 4*.  She hits like a truck and is super fast.

I can second this. I tried on my first time playing 7, but she just didn't become amazing fast enough for me, so I went back to Pent for all my anima-and-healing-but-mostly-anima needs (Erk didn't turn out well that run, while Pent impressed me by destroying an entire map unassisted and then still being great when I got to use him).

She's kinda like that in Heroes too, except here instead of relying on good growths that might not pull through, she relies on the gacha system giving you enough buffy units to really power up Gronnblade so she can swordsnuke everything, which IMO works out far better for her (especially since you start with Alfonse, Sharena and Matthew, who between them can cover all colors with Nino while giving her buffs to Attack and Speed, so she at least has some method of hitting harder with Gronnblade even if your non-Nino pulls suck and you never get the daily recruitable heroes for some reason).

On an unrelated note, Corrin (specifically F!Corrin). I went from "You're fun, sure, but why are you here?" in Smash 4, to not caring about Corrin in Fates, to actually liking using in Heroes (especially with debuff-breath, that's been rather useful at times). And she actually acknowledges the My Castle head-petting thing, which I had a laugh at.

Setsuna and Adult Tiki are my favorites.  They're like complete emotional opposites none the less I love both of their personalities.  They're both fun and lovely in their own way.  I'm hoping to get better use out of both in the skills patch <3

I tried using Nino once in FE7 and I couldn't even feed her kills because my team is very strong and doesn't like to leave things just barely alive. I play exclusively HHM so Cog isn't very friendly to her either. 

But here, she is huge. I dumped 20k feathers on her to go 5* and I hope she's a bonus character next round--though I may be able to sub Sharena for Lachesis if not, we'll see how that works out--but since I managed a 7streak no death in the arena I've been using my leftover sword to test her out and man. Linde? oneshot. Nowi? oneshot. Fucking baller.

Well, I was blessed with Takumi, Leo and Oboro (after a summon circle for her lol), so I'm ok with favorites.

But aside of them, I have used: Shanan, Lynde and Lyn. I used Lyn in BS, so I'm good with her, but Shanan and Linde are units that I never used in their games, and boy, I love them in Heroes. I'm training Lynde to lv40 right now, and next I will train Shanan (Too bad I can't make her a 5 stars thanks to lack of feathers)

Shanan? Huh? Sheena maybe?

For me, Roy is the boy))) But seriously, he ended up a fkin tank in FE6 until he ran headfirst into the level cap and pretty much mopped the floor with Zephiel once he promoted. And here he is just as much of a tank, maybe a bit slower, but capable of taking hits without much trouble. Triangle Adept sucks, though, so I just shelve that skill.

For other characters, I didn't expect Linde to be such a cannon (although a glass one), plus she's cute. Lissa is slow as a molasses, but REHABILITATE rocks. F!Corrin is fun, although I got her at 3* so no Dark Breath yet. Marth is pretty much how he was in my FE12 playthrough (doubles anyone, but has problems actually dealing much damage). Jagen ended up doing typical Jagen duty (I got him on first pull, and he was my highest rank guy until I got Marth on second pull). Eirika ended up surprisingly useful due to buffs, although she can still stab someone when needed.

Of the GBA games, I've played Blazing and Sacred Stones but haven't actually done Binding yet, but I've already fallen in love with Fae because of this game. The little chicken dragon is just so adorable <3

Gunther for me. I wasn't expecting all that much, but he's SO strong. His Strength and Defense are off the charts, and he gets the extra movement range, AND he has a power that reverses all debuffs into buffs. So much utility, and he's strong enough to survive against most triangle-disadvantages for 1 turn, which is great when I need a chokepoint blocked off. And he's my only a *4, while fighting alongside *5's as an equal!

Setsuna from a utility standpoint has been really impressive out of what I've been raising lately, what with her skill to pass HP onto another unit and her pretty solid combat besides. FRobin's effectiveness on horses is just all powerful and if she can double it's over for them (Once I managed to get her to 4*. 2 star units do not work well.).  Clarine has been so good, even if she's not doing much other than healing. Cherche and Selena, despite not being amazing and being stuck to 3* for a good time, have been my primary offence and of course armoursmashers and 2 of the three units I've managed to get to 40 so far. 

Of course, for me my best by far has been my first 5*, MRobin. He's also got +Att, which helps take out more than a few Takumis and swordlords. Never mind having 36 speed when his HP is low enough. Once he's got stuff like healers and units to take out axes he's a dynamo. Certainly not invincible (I have lost more than a few matches, most recently where I misclicked and moved him without attacking. Needless to say, that arena streak died horribly).

Cherche! I only used her in the start because she was my only axe unit, but she was great all the way through story missions. I only replaced her on my arena team when I pulled another 5* unit, and I still run her whenever I need a lvl 40 tank-y axe unit.

3 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

Oh also Wrys is pretty incredible

He's my first promotion to 4*

Yes, Wrys!  I didn't use him much in Shadow Dragon, but I Pulled him in Heroes, and I'm very glad I did.  His Special healing the whole team makes him one of the best healers in Heroes.

I've found Abel and Julia has been very nice additions to my Arena team.  Hector is as advertised.  Tiki has grown on me, as she makes a good tank and Hector killer in my Arena team.

I was okay with Virion/Raigh in their respective games.  Currently, Virion's on the arena team, and Raigh pairs so damn well with Fae it's not funny.

Have a new respect for Raven, too - and he's -Spd to boot.

Haven't played FE13 but I <3 <3 Lucina. Tharja has a great voice too and an awesome unit to boot as well. While Raven was always one of my picks in FE7 and despite the fact that he is an edgelord, he just tears into M!Robin, Linde ( both banes of Lucy's existence ) and Nowi so bad it's not even funny.

Edited by tailfin