Sitting on 107 orbs. What should I try for at this point?

Hey there!

So as the topic says, I have 107 orbs that I'm debating what to do with at the moment. I've completed most of the story missions at this point, struggling on the last 7 lunatic missions (all the ones listed at level 40) as my team can't muscle past those. In the arena, my team's practically a joke and struggles to win the beginner tier. I need some new blood for the team to do better in the arena, finish those last stages... but I'm not sure what type of unit I should be hoping for at this point. I was hoping for some feedback.

I have:

5*

Roy

Eirika

Hawkeye

4*

Alfonse

Olivia

Eliwood

Raigh

Tharja

Sharena

Jagen

Subaki

Anna

Barst

Cecilia

Setsuna

Serra

Lissa

3*

Lon'qu

Laslow

Shanna

Odin

Gunter

Cherche

Beruka

(F) Robin

Virion

Matthew

Gaius

I have all the 1*/2* daily battles characters, and a 2* Narcian as well.

For reference, my main units have been Roy, Hawkeye, Setsuna, and Lissa (all level 37-38) switching in Olivia and Sharena at times (level 27 and 30, respectively). 

-----------------------------

What would you suggest, board? Do I summon blue (or green, or red, etc) only, summon whatever I'm offered? Wait for the Nino/Effie/etc banner, or longer than that? I'm not sure what this team of misfits needs anymore, so I'd gladly take suggestions on what to try. 

Personally I would keep your orbs for a better banner, Klein is an excellent offensive unit thanks to brave + passable attack + death blow, but suffers from low BST. Olwen is pretty crappy, Reinhardt is significantly better, but, again, low BST. Lachesis is a healer. Sanaki is decent, but there's plenty of other options for a red offensive unit or an offensive tome. Eldigan is decent, but not too spectacular in any way except for having godly BST for a mounted unit (thanks to fury), so he'll be a shoo-in if you're trying for a cavalry lineup.

tl;dr The banner heroes range from crap to slightly above average, so right now isn't the best time to pull, and I'd advise you to save your orbs.

HOWEVER, now is a great time to reroll.

Right now, you get 20 orbs when you reroll a new char, letting you do a 5 pull without having to complete any maps other than the tutorial two. So if you have a computer, you can multibox Nox and spam rerolls until you get an outright amazing starting lineup. I got a lineup of Klein, Azura, Leo, Minerva by rerolling for 2 5 star minimum and then doing just enough maps for another 5 pull, for example. [I reroll until I get either 2 good five stars or 1 good five star + some amazing 4 stars. Then I do enough maps for another 20 orbs (usually by doing 8 story maps and then 4 of the 3 orb bonus maps), then I either keep and the lineup or start a reroll if the second 5 pull ended up being a blank.]

Edit: Looking at your units, you suffer from an overabundance of good reds (not a bad thing of itself, but there's only so many reds you can put into a team and not have it turn terrible). Your best team would probably be something like 2 reds (you have plenty of good options), Sharena, and either a +attack/-anything except speed Nino or a great ranged colorless unit that can 1RKO most threats (Klein is good and banner, but, again, low BST if you're trying to be competitive, amazing if you're casual, though).

Azura would probably be amazing for you since she's a dancer that isn't red (so you can run more of your amazing red units), sadly, she's 5 star only and not banner, so you won't get her.

Nino is excellent, of course, as a ranged offensive option that's both easy to get (3 star base), and having synergies with your best units (Erika and Sharena). The most significant reason she's good however, is that she isn't red. (Tharja, in any other pool, would've been a standout, but Nino being green pulls her significantly ahead. I'd even take Odin over Tharja with your pool.)

Kagero would also do in Nino's spot, but at 4 star base she might actually be rarer than Klein right now. (Pretty much for the same reasons as Nino, she's ranged, so you can keep her safe easily while she 1RKOs the most dangerous threats---spears for you due to red bias.)

Edited by DehNutCase

The next Focus will have both 5* Nino and 5* Effie.  Either would give you a great Green or Blue, which you don't have quite yet.  You'd have enough for 4 full Pulls, if you want to go all in.  Conversely, you could wait until whatever the next Banner Focus group will be.  It will probably be all new characters, so it's hard to say what they'll be.

I myself are at almost 80 orbs. Setsuna is one of my Fav units that I don't own yet and Effie is an armour which I would like to have to get past this month's normal quest. So for me the next focus is going to be a no brainer. (Though my luck sucks)

Or you could save them for a specific character you really want to get. I'm sitting on 258 Orbs (all of which are free orbs obtained through gameplay and login bonuses) and I'm specifically saving them for the Heroes poll version of Lyn once she gets added.

Just now, Roflolxp54 said:

Or you could save them for a specific character you really want to get. I'm sitting on 258 Orbs (all of which are free orbs obtained through gameplay and login bonuses) and I'm specifically saving them for the Heroes poll version of Lyn once she gets added.

Are they doing that for the winners?

3 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Yes for Lyn, Lucina, Ike, and Roy.

So that will be like 3 versions of Ike, eventually.  Any word on when those are coming?  You would think it would be somewhat soon.  At least that hopefully means we get Ike sooner, rather than later.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

So that will be like 3 versions of Ike, eventually.  Any word on when those are coming?  You would think it would be somewhat soon.  At least that hopefully means we get Ike sooner, rather than later.

No word on a release date but according to the poll site, development progress details will be shared via Twitter.

Edited by Roflolxp54

2 hours ago, Silith13 said:

I myself are at almost 80 orbs. Setsuna is one of my Fav units that I don't own yet and Effie is an armour which I would like to have to get past this month's normal quest. So for me the next focus is going to be a no brainer. (Though my luck sucks)

I absolutely love Setsuna as well.  I suspect I'm going to level her to 5 star just for flavor.  I'm just waiting for the skills patch to come out first.

7 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

Personally I would keep your orbs for a better banner, Klein is an excellent offensive unit thanks to brave + passable attack + death blow, but suffers from low BST. Olwen is pretty crappy, Reinhardt is significantly better, but, again, low BST. Lachesis is a healer. Sanaki is decent, but there's plenty of other options for a red offensive unit or an offensive tome. Eldigan is decent, but not too spectacular in any way except for having godly BST for a mounted unit (thanks to fury), so he'll be a shoo-in if you're trying for a cavalry lineup.

tl;dr The banner heroes range from crap to slightly above average, so right now isn't the best time to pull, and I'd advise you to save your orbs.

HOWEVER, now is a great time to reroll.

Right now, you get 20 orbs when you reroll a new char, letting you do a 5 pull without having to complete any maps other than the tutorial two. So if you have a computer, you can multibox Nox and spam rerolls until you get an outright amazing starting lineup. I got a lineup of Klein, Azura, Leo, Minerva by rerolling for 2 5 star minimum and then doing just enough maps for another 5 pull, for example. [I reroll until I get either 2 good five stars or 1 good five star + some amazing 4 stars. Then I do enough maps for another 20 orbs (usually by doing 8 story maps and then 4 of the 3 orb bonus maps), then I either keep and the lineup or start a reroll if the second 5 pull ended up being a blank.]

Edit: Looking at your units, you suffer from an overabundance of good reds (not a bad thing of itself, but there's only so many reds you can put into a team and not have it turn terrible). Your best team would probably be something like 2 reds (you have plenty of good options), Sharena, and either a +attack/-anything except speed Nino or a great ranged colorless unit that can 1RKO most threats (Klein is good and banner, but, again, low BST if you're trying to be competitive, amazing if you're casual, though).

Azura would probably be amazing for you since she's a dancer that isn't red (so you can run more of your amazing red units), sadly, she's 5 star only and not banner, so you won't get her.

Nino is excellent, of course, as a ranged offensive option that's both easy to get (3 star base), and having synergies with your best units (Erika and Sharena). The most significant reason she's good however, is that she isn't red. (Tharja, in any other pool, would've been a standout, but Nino being green pulls her significantly ahead. I'd even take Odin over Tharja with your pool.)

Kagero would also do in Nino's spot, but at 4 star base she might actually be rarer than Klein right now. (Pretty much for the same reasons as Nino, she's ranged, so you can keep her safe easily while she 1RKOs the most dangerous threats---spears for you due to red bias.)

Damn, I got lucky at a bad time. I pulled Nino and Eirika (both 4 and level 35). I only have a 0.4% chance of pulling Azura. I don't want to reroll again....

Edited by L9999

Looking at your team, you should consider using Eirika, Tharja, and Sharena. Eirika and Sharena can give Tharja hone Atk, Spd and Def for some massive damage output. Probably go with Hawkeye for the last spot for the green coverage.

Unless Eirika, Hawkeye, and Tharja have crappy Boon/Banes, this should be your strongest team.

You could also promote Nino to 4* for your green coverage as she gets the same boosts as Tharja does.

Edited by Hawk King