Review Section for Writing.

Shuuda

Okay, I will try and keep this simple:

My proposition is that the Writing Section (due to the clutter that comments cause in the stories) Should have another section for reviews or comments on stories. When a user posts their story, they simply post a review topic within this new section where people are free to put their opinions, criticism and comments, without causing too much clutter in the story itself, thus improving the readability and general appearance, and making it easier for writer and readers to read the comments as well. It may also encourage some more discussion about the story which they may not usually post in the current system (Because they fear making the story topic look off topic or cluttered).

I have seen similar systems on other forum which all turned out to be successful (or at the least caused no problems). Of course this is just a simple idea, though I do believe it would greatly improve the writing section, which is of importance since people around here seem to have a lot of interest in the fictional works. At the end of the day, I cannot see anything bad coming of such a change.

Was that simple enough?

~ Shuuda.

Edited by Shuuda

as long as people aren't constantly hammering on other people's stuff, i don't see a problem

Well this would help that, as they can state in the review topic they don't want extreme criticism, or if they want none at all, just don't make a topic.

Would this mean that the stories themselves are closed off to comments?

I think I'd rather have all the information and relevant stuff for my story in one topic. Rather than jumping back and forth between forums just to read comments.

It's not terrible the way it's formatted right now. And you don't HAVE to read every story. If even ANY story.

Well I was thinking of this idea.

Members would be allowed to post a comment on the member’s stories, but not a analytical response.

For more deep analysis of the story, we should have a separate topic for it to be discussed in further detail, with the writer’s permission that he or she allows their stories to be discussed.

My only main concern is the way people may review other people's story. As long as they remain polite, which I highly doubt >_> then everything should turn out smoothly.

Edited by Luxord

My only main concern is the way people may review other people's story. As long as they remain polite, which I highly doubt >_> then everything should turn out smoothly.

Well, one of the reasons I recommend a review section is because it may encourage people make comments which are bit more than a three word spam post. (Lets not lie to ourselves. "omg Needz moar" and similar comments are just spam.)

There could be a possibility that an argument may arise within the review section.

How about if we had someone to control what is actually going on within the review section only. Just a suggestion.

A review section for writing is good but I do think we need someone to watch over that part of the forum...just in case.

There could be a possibility that an argument may arise within the review section.

An argument could happen anywhere on the forum. And who says that all arguments are necessarily bad ones?

A review section for writing is good but I do think we need someone to watch over that part of the forum...just in case.

Moderators and reporting posts is enough.

An argument could happen anywhere on the forum. And who says that all arguments are necessarily bad ones?

Moderators and reporting posts is enough.

1) The type of argument I was talking about where members begin to get angry with each other and start to use offensive language.

2) Your right, let's forget that I had mentioned that.

Edited by Luxord

Well, one of the reasons I recommend a review section is because it may encourage people make comments which are bit more than a three word spam post. (Lets not lie to ourselves. "omg Needz moar" and similar comments are just spam.)

Plus not to mention as I said before a member CAN discourage advanced critique, and if they don't want any at all, as they just wrote for entertainment purposes, then they don't even have to make a review topic.

Plus not to mention as I said before a member CAN discourage advanced critique, and if they don't want any at all, as they just wrote for entertainment purposes, then they don't even have to make a review topic.

I think that every member who writes a story should clearly state whether they want their story to be critiqued or create a review topic for themselves for others to discuss, within the review section.

Edited by Luxord

I think that every member who writes a story should clearly state whether they want their story to be critiqued or create a review topic for themselves for others to discuss, within the review section.

Well, it would be best if the rule was that the writer of the story makes the review topic aswell, or gives permission to another person to do it.

gives permission to another person to do it.

I am sure members can create a review topic by themselves :mellow: Unless if they want someone else to do it.

Though having the review writing section would help the forum to be more organised.

I disagree, because then every writer may have a different system for it and it can confuse readers who cater to many stories at once. What we have now is more or less that.

At the very least, we should all agree on one system. I think we should just have a forum for reviews and comments. They can be in the same topic.

Some attention/input from a staff member would be nice. It won't matter what anyone says if it's overlooked. ^_^
If only someone I know was Still Staff.

and yeah...where the hell are you Staffy staff guys?

Tbh, I hope we get the review section. I know I dont need help with people reviewing my stories because heck, I already am a great writer. I have sold 100 books of my story already and its not even in print yet. But it would be nice to hand them in and see what the critics say. :D

Well, it didn't really seem like anything was getting decided, so I just sat back for a while ^^;;;

Does anyone think it would be worth making a poll?

Yes of course.

It will make it easier to decide whether we need a review writing section.

Well, it didn't really seem like anything was getting decided, so I just sat back for a while ^^;;;

Does anyone think it would be worth making a poll?

Yes, it would. I say lets have it.