What chapter gave you the hardest time on your 1st playthrough?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can remember three stages that gave me the hardest time. ^^;;

I had a problem with Part 2 - Endgame: Elincia's Gambit. I remember restarting that stage a lot of times because I didn't want any of my party members to die, even if it's just one person. That and I also forgot that I could use Leanne for Vigor [i mainly had her guarding the seize point because I forgot she had Vigor.], so I was really dumb to not even use her at all in that stage. ||| orz

Also Part 3 - Chapter 12: The Price was another hard stage for me since Micaiah's party was terribly underlevelled. So I had to constantly group everyone to the right-most side. So Jill, Edward, Fiona, and Aran kept getting killed off; while Zihark, Meg, and Nolan can hold off on their own. I also had to hold myself off from killing the enemies with low HP because I end up losing my party by leaving them open for attacks. >.> My patience with using Vulneraries and keeping a strong wall up led me to victory.

And finally the Part I had the most problem with was Part 3 - Chapter 13: Blood Contract was another stage that had me pulling out my hair at the very end. See, I was doing VERY well until it came to Turn 11. I didn't expected for the Greil Mercenaries to come out and kill everyone in their path, so I was mainly scared for the right-most side where I had Jill, Volug, Nolan, and Fiona guarding. I wasn't too worried about Jill, I had her rescue Nolan and flee upward. Volug can easily run up and get to safety, but I was scared for Fiona. I thought I screwed myself because I did a Battle Save on Turn 11, so regardless I thought that Fiona would never make it because every time I tried to save myself, she ends up getting killed by either Rolf or Ike! So after restarting the game three times, I had an idea and I made Micaiah direct the allies to target the central area. That way, I can make Fiona rescue the yellow spear ally and run upward to safety while she gets sandwiched in by my other Daein troops. ^^;; Therefore it would take Ike and Ranulf forever to kill off the central Daein troops and ignore Fiona. I was so lucky, I thought I had to restart that stage all over again from the beginning. ^^;;

Sorry for it being tl;dr.

come to think of it. Part 4 chapter (dammit can't remember what part). the one with Ike's group in the snow and u have to guard

Kurth

while he's in

his

tent. those damn priests and their physic staves kept healing everyone while the enemies getting healed were breaking in to my little fort

• 1 year later...

which one gave me the hardest time,

well 2-f was hard since at first i didn't go to lower levels and allowed my enemy to set up in that other part (huge mistake) the i tried it a few times fixing my strategy as got game overs.

3-12 was hard (i can't remember exactly but i remember ike killing me :angry:

Oh and the last level in which i went up to like 10 turns and by that time most were silenced/sleeping and my heron was dead(damn that long range mage now i take them out in the first turn) then i was looking thru you tube vids and i saw i had to do it by the 4th turn if not i'd be dammed. Oh and the fact that i killed nasir i only had like 2 nihils :( so killing the auras was hard

well i guess its a tie oh and the dragon chapter was hard too.

I guess i wasn't good at strategy back then. I am not that good yet but i'm improving.

Edited by Titan Raven

Sadly I'm still in my first. I messed up terribly in my first try and just restarted.

I didn't like Endgame in Part 2 so much. I think the second time I did it Astrid was the only one who died though =o

I had to quit by that one chapter in part three where You have Micaiah's group on top of the big big mountain with the 500 or so Begnion soldiers marching towards you. That's the farthest I've ever gotten so far. =(

I'm in part 3 right now at least =) Only the beginning though =( as in Chapter 1

2-P, Neph kept getting ganged up on and Heather was always too bold as an other unit. Also 1-8, my prisoners kept dying. On the plus side though, I always found Micky's Part 3 chapters a fun and refreshing break from owning everything.... until I played Hard. Then not so refreshing.

I don't remember any hard chapters, though I do remember Edward died on me in 1-1. I just came from beating FE9 where 90% of the units are overpowered, so I overestimated Edward's durability (I didn't even bother to check the enemy's stats) and put him in range of two enemies, and they killed him. I was like :blink:

First time through, 2-E. I didn't realize that I could just have Elincia and Haar go down and fight Ludveck.

Also, how did people have trouble with 3-13? I would have to say that is the flat out easiest chapter in FE history. In that chapter, I only got into one battle, and that was because I had Zihark attack over the ledge. Unless I'm thinking of a different chapter.

Strangely I only had trouble in Part 1 Chapter 4 I think after the jail break the first time. The Dawn Brigade levels aren't THAT bad. Also the fourth part of the endgame because I screwed up kinda by bringing units with 1 range weapons (Jill and Sothe) and the spirits kept picking at them.

2-3. I know it's a lolable chapter, but Astrid and Marcia kept dying. I eventually let Astrid die and continued.

Also, isn't this super necroposting?

OHSHI-

Edited by Joshybear25

Oliver's mansion. I really gave Ike a barebones team and trying to defend Vika and especially Tormod was troublesome. I saw the sleep staff guy, but with the team of like 5~ units (Ike, Nailah, Rafiel, Mist and Soren I think) it was just really rough. :[

Of course now that I know better, I give them one more melee unit to work with. Three is all I need to handle everything on that chapter, with some healer and ranged support of course.

Oliver's mansion. I really gave Ike a barebones team and trying to defend Vika and especially Tormod was troublesome. I saw the sleep staff guy, but with the team of like 5~ units (Ike, Nailah, Rafiel, Mist and Soren I think) it was just really rough. :[

Of course now that I know better, I give them one more melee unit to work with. Three is all I need to handle everything on that chapter, with some healer and ranged support of course.

Oddly enough, I tend to have this problem as well. Trying to recruit Oliver, open all the chests, and kill all the enemies within 10 turns (not to mention the Bishops with the Sleep staves and the massive amount of enemies using 1-2 range weapons) usually never ends up well for me with a team of only a handful of people that can actually do shit. :/

Working on fixing this in my coming playthrough. :awesome:

Edited by Fireman

Oddly enough, I tend to have this problem as well. Trying to recruit Oliver, open all the chests, and kill all the enemies within 10 turns (not to mention the Bishops with the Sleep staves and the massive amount of enemies using 1-2 range weapons) usually never ends up well for me with a team of only a handful of people that can actually do shit. :/

Working on fixing this in my coming playthrough. :awesome:

If you aren't sending Haar to endgame but he is promoted anyway I highly recommend giving Haar what he most desires: sleep. If you can get him into the range of the sleep staff user but make sure the enemies can't reach him then he'll take priority over Ike for the sleep staff user (Haar has less res, needs to be somewhat close in level) near Oliver (there is only one) and Rhys can restore him (Haar) each player phase. Then Ike can still counter stuff on enemy phase and clean up. There are enough flying units and laguz to handle 4-3 so Haar doesn't have to go there. This "strategy" doesn't really work with units that are not promoted even if they have less res than Ike because the sleep user ignores them. I once tried a strategy with using base transformed Mordecai as sleep bait and it didn't work. I assume a level 21+ transformed laguz with less res than Ike would work, though. If you are taking Haar to endgame he likely needs levels so this idea would need a different sleep bait unit.